FedEx Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
A lot of work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 22, 2017
Had to load and unload own truck had to constantly stay moving to finish on time they only use you for the holiday time was quick to let you go once the holiday time was over
Working day
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Fast pace environment, unloading freight off truck on to conveyor belt so the associates on the dock scan, sort and load in containers. Great team work at the warehouse.
Not worth it
driver (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 22, 2017
As a fedex driver you are really not a fedex employee. They have contractors to avoid offering benefits. The pay in my area is 100 to 120 per day even if you get stuck on a route working 10 to 12 hrs per day while someone else is on a route that takes 7hrs making the same amount. The only positive is other drivers and most customers, except for the ones that know they have packages coming and leave dogs out running loose can't even tell you how many attacks and complain when you refuse to get out of the truck to deliver
Pros
No one looking over your shoulder, coworkers, working outside
Cons
Everything else
fast paced
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  north fort worthSeptember 22, 2017
Working at fedex was fun but,the little hours were horrible. i would still be there if i didnt get hit in the head with two heavy boxes. and i would ask for longer hours.
Work over 25 years
Associate Technical Analyst, (Customer Support) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 22, 2017
The company has very good benefits if the employee chooses to take advantage of the opportunities. It's a fast paced culture. I learned a lot from previous management and co-worker.
Pros
Good place to retire from
Cons
Hard to advance since employees work there forever
Pretty basic warehouse style. A number of break rooms with some nice vending machines.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Overall the place is a hardworking location. It is not the type of place where you can really relax as more than likely you will be constantly doing something. At the same time, do to how large of a company it is, many things have a tendency to slip under the radar as it were. There seems to be an air of apathy to be had and it never really feels like the managers actually care unless whatever the situation is happens to be too big to just ignore. the managers do their jobs, but they don't do much of anything beyond that, and really just seems to be bare minimum. there are outliers of course and my experience with most have been with those outliers, yet when working with other managers, they just never seemed to care about anything but getting the job done ASAP. Its sad, but that's big business for you.
Pros
Good exercise and decent pay
Cons
a lot of work and not much interaction with others.
Great Place for most
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Multiple LocationsSeptember 22, 2017
If you are an account rep you have plenty of time for work/life balance if you manage your time right. In fact it is encouraged. FedEx, the brand, will get you in any door and the rest is up to you and your selling skills. They offer excellent training & benefits.
If you are in front line management you will work at least 60 hours per week & will not have any work/life balance. However, hiring and developing talent can be rewarding. You are completely replaceable if you hold your employees accountable and on the flip side if you don't produce results. If you want to move up you must be willing to relocate several times.
Pros
Benefits, Job Security
Cons
it can consume your time & life
Daily work
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXSeptember 22, 2017
terrible job, would not recommend anyone. There is no appreciation at all in the job and your treated as if you are just another machine. It is not a very good job especially considering the wages for the job performed.
Pros
Cons
bad job
Great part time job with Health Benefits
Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 22, 2017
Basic Package handling which required me to load and unload freight from planes, internal freight processing for the hub and hub freight transport. Even though my job title was not a tug drive I was given the opportunity to drive tugs after several months. Great team work environment, fast paced with lots of physical activity. Would highly recommend this as a part time job.
Pros
Great Bevefits for part time work
Cons
not enough hours
FedEx Services
Manager Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PASeptember 22, 2017
I never wanted to leave FedEx I thought that I would retire from there but things just did not work out...I would love another chance if possible with FedEx...I loved my positon.
Loved the managment in Corpus
Dock Loader (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Amazing company and upper management in Corps Christi, would go back in a heart beat if still in Corpus and I know for a fact they would higher me and I would be back in a second.
Pros
Company incentives for personel
Cons
A lot of the employee's don't like to work as a team
bad fleet management
Fleet Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 22, 2017
great company .. got the good ole boy stuff going on in the fleet side
great benefits for the family bad management on the fleet side
the salary is lower then average .. they promise raise but back out or say they not giving them to salary persons
Fedex takes care of their employees
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 21, 2017
Great place to work , work hours didn't work for me at the time, but we parted on good terms , and they compensated me all my owed hours, I would love to work for them again.
FedEx is great
Material handler (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 21, 2017
FedEx is a great start off job . It has a great work environment while working at a steady pace. My manager is real cool and understanding. The fun part about working at FedEx is laughing and working.
Very get place to be
Outbound Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 21, 2017
I love working at fedex they had great benefits i dont have anything bad to say about that job it was so fun it was definite teamwork and i just love working there i would go back
Fast paced, high goal orientated , long hours good salary.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 21, 2017
Long days. Learned multi-tasking, work place violence and harassment training . Budgets and goals. Managers worked together. Hard, policies and procedures.
Pros
vacation days, healthcare, bonuses.
Cons
Long hours and needy employees.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2017
It was a fast paced job. I worked in the city so it was usually crowded but I have patience and I continued to perform my duties. I delivered and picked up from many name brand stores.
Good work enviornment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 21, 2017
I began working as a part time employee. The supervisors were nice and the work environment was never uncomfortable. I would recommend this position to anyone looking for a part time job. I gained experience in the office to advance my career.
Good company
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 21, 2017
FedEx offers good benefits, along with completive pay. Theres plenty of room for advancement in you're willing to move. FedEx offers a lot of in house training and very few positions require any out of work training. My five years with the company as a whole has been fairly positive.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Varying hours
would recommend
Operations Manager PT (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 21, 2017
fast paced workplace
work is pretty easy for the most part
management is very fair and understanding as long as you do your work
pay rate was decent depending on your title position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval