1. Business Relationship (Motivational Fits):
- Demonstrates familiarity with external entity vendor agreements such as P&D, Janitor, security, maintenance, etc.
- Getting well with another person, group by things in common, which makes communication easier, in other words, this is how friendships are built.
- Effectively communicates business needs – more... and customer expectations to external entities in a way that allows them to understand contractual obligations.
Background→ package loaded to wrong truck.
Action-------→Speak to contractors to take these packages out for deliver. Help others to handle their miss loads. QDM service.
Result-------→ deliver potential DNA’s without temp driver. Help my team.
- Speak and write clear, concise and direct manner using proper grammar, present ideas in an organized manner.
- Target goals to others.
- Communication behinds with listening.
- Translate technical ideas to the audience using gestures, proper tone, and non-verbal communication to support the message.
- Display patience and understanding when listening.
Background→ What is the code for today
Action-------→ Ask my manager what code to use, listened to her instructions.
Communicate the instruction for today; 34 for business and school, 36 for residential. Pay attention to non verbal communitcation.
Result------→make my manager job easier. Shared translate the goal for today to my team. Took initiative to ask.
3. Business and Technology:
- Understand the industry, marketplace and possible trends that may affect business outcomes. Understand how changes in the industry will affect area of responsibility.
- Understand business driver outside of own area.
- Understand how profitability is impacted at each location for each business and the company.
- Apply QDM to everyday business process.
Background-→ QDM innovation.
4. Self and Lead Others:
- Identifies personal strengths and opportunities in others, and incorporates them.
- Take time to coach others by asking questions that help others clarify expectations.
- See failures as opportunity to improve and learn.
- Modifies self-perceptions and behavior based on feedback from others to enhance personal effectiveness.
Background→ Saw a video about how to reduce lost and damages in the purple hub called “1x10x100”. About 5 damage packages on my Van Line every day. Packages from the unload arrive damage to the belt.
Action→ 1x10x100 rule explained to packages handlers. If you see an open box stop it.
Result→ Reduce damage packages to 1 or 0 in a day. Change their perspective. Reduce cost for the company.
5. Engages and Inspires Others:
- Build trust and respect with and among team members. Taking time to understand driver’s challenges.
- Treat all people with respect and dignity regardless of differences.
- Show importance on hearing others and perspectives before drawing conclusion, actively listen and show empathy with the concerns of others.
- Keep promises.
- Share information, responsibility and decision making with others.
- Give praise to others and recognizes their contribution.
- Builds own credibility through use of good judgment and business ethics.
6. Exceeds Customer Expectations:
- Continuously looks for ways of doing things better, faster and at lower cost while maintaining focus on providing value to internal and external customers.
- Turns even the most difficult customer situations into a positive experience and a “win” for the company.
- Handles all internal and external customer issues with urgency.
Background-→ Angry customer on the phone. He request package to be deliver after 8:00pm. He was working and couldn’t get package. Package requires direct signature.
Action--------→explained that I was really sorry for his experience. Called customer service with him on the line, and re-route his package to nearest FedEx Office to pick up.
Result-------→ turned his difficult situation into a positive one. He can pick up his package after work. Even saved money for the company in temps drivers. Share my experience with team
7. Deal with Change:
- View changes as an opportunity.
- Understand and communicates the future direction of the company and it is important. (Grow core of packages, grow international).
- Utilizes QDM.
- Effectively perform multiples responsibility and move from activity to another without losing focus.
- Focus on goals achievement from both a short and long term perspective.
Background→ blizzard storm, bad weather. Many people called out.
Action-------→ leave earlier to make it on time. Ask the sort manager for an extra body. Split the work between us. Focus on my priority QA from my belt and another belt.
Result-------→ Regardless the storm able to sent them out for deliver. Took the lead of my team, performed multiple task at once. Took the initiative.
9. Solve problems:
- Use judgment based on fact scientific facts.
- Use QDM to make a decision.
- Transfer new skills and existence knowledge to unique or unusual situations.
10. Understands Cross-Functional Impact:
- Knowing how others decisions will impact other departments, people or process.
- Form strong relationship with co-workers in other functions.
- One Team, One Vision, One Goal, One Queens.
Background-→ me package handler scanning. At that time in my team it was ok to miss two or three package. Ask my team members why they missed.
Action--------→ showed concern to my team. Explain the importance of why is important to inbound a package since it give an accurate information to our customer. Plus, the sorter need to see the vision stickers and the loader need to know where to load it. I lead with an example, if I miss a package; I stop the flow of my belt get the package and scan it. Every package is important.
Result --------→ improve my manager’s numbers in scanning. Took responsibility. No one told me to do it. Made easier the job of someone else. One vision, one goal, one team, we are Queens. – less