FedEx
5,096 reviews

FedEx Employer Reviews

driver
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), baltimore, >DJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great place
Cons: pay
i show up to work and check my packets. than i go on my route and do my delivery. then after that i do my pick-up. after i finish i drive to the hub back.
Good company to work for
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Bedford Park, ILJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere managers
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work would be having a team meeting before we go to work and we would discuss the work load,quantity and goals set for the work day. I learned how to work as a team to achieve goals at high standards. Management was good and respectable to their workers. The co-workers were hit or miss depending on how they were feeling that day. Hardest – more... part of the job was just non stop moving,but you get used to it. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you set high standards and achieved them. – less
When people see failures, I see opportunity
Operations Administrator (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYJuly 7, 2014
1. Business Relationship (Motivational Fits):
- Demonstrates familiarity with external entity vendor agreements such as P&D, Janitor, security, maintenance, etc.
- Getting well with another person, group by things in common, which makes communication easier, in other words, this is how friendships are built.
- Effectively communicates business needs – more... and customer expectations to external entities in a way that allows them to understand contractual obligations.

Background→ package loaded to wrong truck.

Action-------→Speak to contractors to take these packages out for deliver. Help others to handle their miss loads. QDM service.

Result-------→ deliver potential DNA’s without temp driver. Help my team.

2. Communication:
- Speak and write clear, concise and direct manner using proper grammar, present ideas in an organized manner.
- Target goals to others.
- Communication behinds with listening.
- Translate technical ideas to the audience using gestures, proper tone, and non-verbal communication to support the message.
- Display patience and understanding when listening.

Background→ What is the code for today

Action-------→ Ask my manager what code to use, listened to her instructions.
Communicate the instruction for today; 34 for business and school, 36 for residential. Pay attention to non verbal communitcation.

Result------→make my manager job easier. Shared translate the goal for today to my team. Took initiative to ask.

3. Business and Technology:
- Understand the industry, marketplace and possible trends that may affect business outcomes. Understand how changes in the industry will affect area of responsibility.
- Understand business driver outside of own area.
- Understand how profitability is impacted at each location for each business and the company.
- Apply QDM to everyday business process.

Background-→ QDM innovation.

4. Self and Lead Others:
- Identifies personal strengths and opportunities in others, and incorporates them.
- Take time to coach others by asking questions that help others clarify expectations.
- See failures as opportunity to improve and learn.
- Modifies self-perceptions and behavior based on feedback from others to enhance personal effectiveness.

Background→ Saw a video about how to reduce lost and damages in the purple hub called “1x10x100”. About 5 damage packages on my Van Line every day. Packages from the unload arrive damage to the belt.

Action→ 1x10x100 rule explained to packages handlers. If you see an open box stop it.

Result→ Reduce damage packages to 1 or 0 in a day. Change their perspective. Reduce cost for the company.

5. Engages and Inspires Others:
- Build trust and respect with and among team members. Taking time to understand driver’s challenges.
- Treat all people with respect and dignity regardless of differences.
- Show importance on hearing others and perspectives before drawing conclusion, actively listen and show empathy with the concerns of others.
- Keep promises.
- Share information, responsibility and decision making with others.
- Give praise to others and recognizes their contribution.
- Builds own credibility through use of good judgment and business ethics.

Background→

6. Exceeds Customer Expectations:
- Continuously looks for ways of doing things better, faster and at lower cost while maintaining focus on providing value to internal and external customers.
- Turns even the most difficult customer situations into a positive experience and a “win” for the company.
- Handles all internal and external customer issues with urgency.

Background-→ Angry customer on the phone. He request package to be deliver after 8:00pm. He was working and couldn’t get package. Package requires direct signature.

Action--------→explained that I was really sorry for his experience. Called customer service with him on the line, and re-route his package to nearest FedEx Office to pick up.

Result-------→ turned his difficult situation into a positive one. He can pick up his package after work. Even saved money for the company in temps drivers. Share my experience with team
7. Deal with Change:
- View changes as an opportunity.
- Understand and communicates the future direction of the company and it is important. (Grow core of packages, grow international).
- Utilizes QDM.

8. Organization:
- Effectively perform multiples responsibility and move from activity to another without losing focus.
- Focus on goals achievement from both a short and long term perspective.

Background→ blizzard storm, bad weather. Many people called out.

Action-------→ leave earlier to make it on time. Ask the sort manager for an extra body. Split the work between us. Focus on my priority QA from my belt and another belt.

Result-------→ Regardless the storm able to sent them out for deliver. Took the lead of my team, performed multiple task at once. Took the initiative.

9. Solve problems:
- Use judgment based on fact scientific facts.
- Use QDM to make a decision.
- Transfer new skills and existence knowledge to unique or unusual situations.

10. Understands Cross-Functional Impact:
- Knowing how others decisions will impact other departments, people or process.
- Form strong relationship with co-workers in other functions.
- One Team, One Vision, One Goal, One Queens.

Background-→ me package handler scanning. At that time in my team it was ok to miss two or three package. Ask my team members why they missed.

Action--------→ showed concern to my team. Explain the importance of why is important to inbound a package since it give an accurate information to our customer. Plus, the sorter need to see the vision stickers and the loader need to know where to load it. I lead with an example, if I miss a package; I stop the flow of my belt get the package and scan it. Every package is important.

Result --------→ improve my manager’s numbers in scanning. Took responsibility. No one told me to do it. Made easier the job of someone else. One vision, one goal, one team, we are Queens. – less
great work enviornment
PC Support specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 7, 2014
good compensation, good benefits. this company can be summarized as "A to B", everything revolves around that concept. transporting things from one place to another as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Fun place to work
Courier (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: working outside
Cons: trucks dont have a.c.
Map out daily route
Deliver packages
Pickup packages at assigned times
Really liked my co-workers
Hardest part of the job was working in the heat of summer or middle of winter in a truck with no A.C. or Heat
I enjoyed interacting with people and being outside
productive and fun place with amazing people
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2014
My day at Federal Express started at 9am. I had my usual routine where i would come in, run my reports, scan equipment from the couriers in and out of the office. I would then go down to the BSC where customers dropped off and picked up packages. I helped customers choose the best shipping method for their package depending where it was going. I would – more... call customers about packages we had waiting for them. I also helped my boss with paper work and tickets the couriers would bring in on a daily basis. I worked for Federal Express for 8 years, i worked with the most amazing people ever. Overall all i have to say it was the best job of my life i learned so much and am very greatful! – less
horrible place to work
Package Handler (Current Employee), Fort WorthJuly 6, 2014
Over worked, under paid where managers steal your checks. Warehouse does not have air condition and during summer days can be very hot and uncomfortable.
fast and consistent work flow
Package Handler (Former Employee), ellenwood,gaJuly 6, 2014
.A typical work day consisted of loading packages on long beg trailers.
Company well organized but in relation to the work I was doing I acquired no experience
Packer and Loader (Former Employee), Champaign, IllJuly 6, 2014
The job was to unload containers. I learned to work fast. I had very good relations with my colleagues. Some packages were very heavy and it was hard to unload them, it was sometimes necessary to call a colleague to help you, sometimes the supervisor came to help.
Productive and cultural enovoernment
Package Handler (Former Employee), Medley, FLJuly 6, 2014
A Typical work day would consist of early mornings starting at about 3:45-4:00AM i learned to work a production line loading and unloading of packages ensuring all packages were in designated loading areas while working with men and women of all different cultures the hardest part of the job would be the larger packages while short staffed and what – more... i enjoyed most was the knowledge and skill that was developed while working as a package/ warehouse worker – less
Fast pace and demanding
Sort Manager (Current Employee), Hickory, NCJuly 4, 2014
FedEx is focused on customer first and providing an outstanding FedEx experience for every person the company impacts.
The only fun part about working in Fedex was that you was able to use your phone.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Queens, NYJuly 3, 2014
Pros: able to use your phone without getting in trouble.
Cons: if we was to get any sick days from 1to 5 days, then you was not getting any bonus
A package handlers load and unload trucks and help sort the packages for shipment to another ups center or delivery. The most think I learned while working in FedEx was that it's not what people make it to be. For Example FedEx Ground employees doesn't really work for FedEX company. The only person that works for the company is the contract. Also there – more... no benefit at all when you work for Ground. Fedex Express does get all the benefit that the company gives. The management was not to good in my eyes. I enjoy working with my co-workers that was the only best part of the job. The hardest part was lifting more than 75 pounds. The most enjoyable part was being able to be outside and enjoy the warm weather. – less
Great job for creative thinking
Linehaul Manager (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDJuly 3, 2014
As a daily dispatcher, FedEx gives me free reign to creatively set up freight to travel an infinite numbers of ways across the country to the final destination. This allows me to find the most cost-effective way to move freight
Productive working inviroment
Package Handler (Former Employee), N Little Rock, ARJuly 3, 2014
Pros: there was alays time for me to be with family
Cons: no breaks
Loading package cars so that delivers could made. I loading two package cars every morning, consisting of sorting the boxes as I loaded them on the truck according to the driver made his stops.
Not great
Courier (Former Employee), Norwich, CTJuly 3, 2014
no real training, no access to employee policy and procedures manual....
A Job but not as good as it seemed to be!
Lead/ Supervisor (Current Employee), Edison, NJJuly 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management is very poor.
Job security is ensured but management has a long way to go. A lot of learning is provided along with skills as well.
Productive, energetic, good place with great people.
Package Handler/Lead Package Handler (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, good pay.
Cons: short hours.
A typical work day consists of unloading packages and organizing them in a certain order. I learned many things such as, time management skills, logistics, customer service, and hard work. I had good management who were able to effectively lead, and great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was to effectively unload and place all the packages in – more... a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job was the rewarding feeling of unloading and properly placing the packages so it was a smooth offload, and all the drivers were out on the road. – less
A very fun and dynamic place to work
Level 2 Technical Support (Former Employee), Moon, PAJuly 2, 2014
Excellent work place environment from the people to the building it self. Fantastic cafeteria, professional co-workers and good location.
Quick Job with great benefits
Material Handler (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 2, 2014
Last resort type job. Everybody works here atleast once in their lives. Best benefits & insurance!
fast paced work place
Warehouse laborer (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTJuly 2, 2014
fast paced sorting boxes and loading trucks
seasonal work was laid off

1 2 3 4 5

About FedEx

FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete – Read more