FedEx Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,191 reviews matching the search
Fast pace work environment. Had fun at times.
P&D Service Manager II (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 12, 2016
Worked on average about ten hours a day, and even more during our peak season(November-February). A typical day was to check and re-scan all delivery trucks, and vans, for packages not delivered the day before. Help sort inbound packages to correct delivery trucks going out for delivery that day. Making sure delivery trucks and vans were under DOT regulations. Having business discussions about routes and drivers with contractors. Making sure everyone dispatch in a timely manner. Management was good. Had to do a lot of communication. The hardest part of the job is during peak season, having to go out a deliver myself, especially after coming to work at 5:30am and getting off at 9:00pm. I enjoyed developing a good working relationship with contractors and drivers. Learned how to function in a fast pace environment, and make quick, precise, decisions.
Pros
Had pot lucks, ocassional free lunches, and quarterly bonus and nice pay raises.
Cons
Being on salary and working long hours.
Fast-Paced, Great Opportunities and Benefits
Package Handler/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 28, 2016
I begin work at Federal Express in July of 2015. I was brought on as a package handler. I sort through expedited freight that is both large, small, and in between. My managers have been very supportive and helpful. I feel like there could be better lines of communication between management and employees. The culture is very positive; their are many people who have worked at FedEx for decades and are very comfortable and happy within the company. The benefits are wonderful and one of the main reasons I sought employment with FedEx.
Pros
Fast-paced, time moves quickly, room for advancement.
Cons
Disorganized management and gaps in communication.
Very stable job with little or no opportunity for significant change
Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 14, 2016
Stable job, lower pay, management is only concerned about what is right in front of them. Resolving root cause challenges were not a priority for this company. Don't expect change in the company, or organization and don't try to advocate for it or you will be sorely disappointed. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. This is FedEx Trade Networks for sure. The people were wonderful and I miss them every single day but low pay and decreasing benefits don't help pay down college debt.

There is definitely a culture of, "we do it this way because..." and it makes absolutely no sense in todays world. Back 30 years ago that reasoning would have worked but not today.
Pros
The people in the company are wonderful
Cons
Decreasing benefits and low pay for job position relative to other companies
coming into work was a workout that you felt for weeks
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDMarch 21, 2016
everyday I punch in the first thing I made sure I did was strength . It was only part time but it was never a easy four hours. I learned if you don't stretch before picking up constant weight for hours your body was going to be in pain. Management was cool and helpful but that didn't help my body from being soar everyday. My coworkers help my day go by fast because of their unique personality kept my mind of what we was doing but they wasn't a distraction and I still completed my duties at the end of the day.
Pros
benefits, a job career, wage
Cons
pain, fatigue, and not enough hours
Poor environment
City Driver (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 18, 2016
Fedex freight is a good job fast paced i had good experiences and bad experiences to sum it all up it's no job security they hire then fire. Fedex is desperately in need of a union the management don't care about the drivers they don't educate you on certain things then want to write you up on every little thing or terminate drivers. Not a good place for retirement their policies and rules too strict. Like i said they hire then fire so don't waist your time if i would have knew before applied i would never have worked for them its a waist of time its better jobs out there that treat there drivers better oh yea they dont like to take care of their equipment either so don't do it to yourself stay away from fedex.
Pros
wages holiday pay
Cons
management benefits
Large Corporation; excellent benefits and training program. Needs a lot of improvement regarding management, communications, and employee morale.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2016
For the PT dockworker position, the day is very fast paced. Although you are working around about 30+ people, you must be very self-sufficient. Dock supervisors/management is usually very overwhelmed, yet there are many instances where everyone MUST go to them for guidance. Attendance needs to be near perfect for this job as well. The company offers excellent benefits, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement for PT employees. There is definitely an issue amongst supervisors/managers and their ability to communicate and lift morale. If you can deal with supervisor/manager gossip and condescension, then you will be fine with this job. Overall I enjoyed working for the actual company, but the location and politics of that seemed to be a big disappointment.
Pros
Excellent benefits: full health, dental, 401(k) available to PT employees.
Cons
Definite management issues amongst employees and management alike.
Unless you are a contractor its a dead end
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 19, 2016
This is not a career like at another carrier (i.e UPS) Most second van drivers (working under a contractor) have no benefits (no medical, dental, 401k) and little to no opportunity for advancement. Fed Ex has shifted all of the costs and responsibilities onto the contractors, the work culture is terrible and most of the management are clueless and out of touch. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who desires to achieve something out of life. It's a paycheck, and that's ALL it ever will be.
Uses intellegent people as stepping stools for unqualified co-workers to advance
Operations Admin - part time (Current Employee) –  Whitehall, ohioMarch 8, 2016
I learned that FedEx looks good on a resume because it is a growing company that has a very recognizable name but that the managers are more worried about hitting quotas for diversity than they are about actually developing their employees. After stepping up from a package handler, pay raises don't happen. Package Handlers start off with a higher salary than other positions when being a package handler is the entry level.
Pros
Almost impossible to get fired because of the terrible HR representitive.
Cons
After showing them you are intellegent, you become unqualified for any advancement
Productive and Fun Workplace. With a Ping Pong Table!
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 6, 2016
A typical day at work in fedex begins with coffee, stretches, and then its multiple hours of lifting, scanning, laughing, and teamwork. I've learned that just because you are at work, it doesn't mean that you still can't have fun. Coworkers are friendly and personable and they all understand that a team effort is needed in order to provide the customers with great sevice! Management keeps everyone well informed, and they are always trying to help with your best interest at heart. The hardest part of the job is the lifting.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits
Package Handler Review
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAMarch 13, 2016
The position consists of manual labor but FedEx strives to safety its top priority. The management staff is always supportive and available to employees with any concerns. There is always encouragement to learn new positions and all employees are encouraged to advance within the company.
Pros
supportive staff, many opportunities for advancement
Cons
very early hours, takes 1, 000 to earn benefits
Great workout and fun crew to work with
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Fort MillDecember 23, 2015
I have been employed there for over a year. Some days are better than others as with any other job. It can be fast paced and other days barely anything to do. When we have down time we just have fun. Working together as a team is a definite due to the workload. Frequent pay raises and once you get your hours in for benefits, the benefits are great. Also, there are a lot more perks that are offered thru FedEx. Management is pretty cool, lenient and understanding. You have to really just not want to work in order to get terminated. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the night shift hours and working peak. I never worked in a warehouse before but I actually enjoy it. There is room for growth and development, you just have to open your mouth and ask to be trained in different areas.
Pros
Benefits are amazing
Cons
Sometimes working short staffed
Great
Courier / sales (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCMarch 30, 2016
I've mastered the commitment of delivering and picking up packages along with providing exceptional customer service. FedEx couriers will assist customers face-to-face and over the telephone concerning packages and other FedEx services. All of the rules assigned by FedEx involving the vehicle, delivery and pickup method, and other FedEx services, are upheld by the courier at all times. We are constantly using computer peripheral devices to monitoring our time, deliveries and customer pick ups. Everyday we are under high levels of time management to complete the "Purple Promise".
Pros
benifits
Cons
Fedex Ground Is a Wonderful Place to work Although I felt that it was best for myself to Pursue a greater oppurtunity
Package Handler/Trainer (Former Employee) –  6120 South Meadows DriveMarch 11, 2016
I worked for the Fedex Ground family for approximately 1 year. My duty's were to be a package handler. Being a package handler assists with helping other crew members load boxes from weighing 15 lb to 200 lb. Although many weren't able to load and lift the incompatibles or I/C's i on the other hand could do to my hard work and heart to the company to continue to develop and pursue my desire of a leadership roll. My first two months I was the rising star employee month and before my early departure in january of 2016 i obtained my 3rd rising star award;I was awarded t-shirts for my success . unfortunately, I felt that it was a better choice for myself to pursue better a opportunity and embrace change.
Pros
Daily Workout, Mental Confidence enhancement, Friendly work environment, Health Care Benifits and Union Free
Cons
Generally Tough for many, Big Drop Rate of Employment, Anybody can work there, Occasional Management issues and mistreatment
Great pay and benefits
Parcel Sort Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2016
I would have loved to stay at FedEx longer and would have until I found out I was expecting and a warehouse atmosphere and the work is not necessarily compatible for a pregnant woman. The management was very understanding and helped you whenever you needed it. The benefits and PTO was wonderful. The only negative thing I could say is the harsh conditions of loading trailers in the winter, it was very cold.
Pros
Great management, occasional free lunch, PTO, benefits, pay.
Cons
Cold conditions in the winter.
Solid company
Truck Driver/Courier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 24, 2016
During the 28 years that I worked for FedEx Express the company evolved a great deal. FedEx Express was fun to work for during the early years. As with any business, competition made changes necessary on an ongoing basis. Changes in the economy had a big impact on FedEx. There were many more advancement opportunities in the early days as well. The work environment is very fast paced and high stress as you probably would expect.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Fast pace. High stress.
Great work/life balance
Lead Senior Accountant/Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 13, 2016
Had a great work life balance and formed lasting relationship while employed at FedEx. Great relationship with my coworkers and my manager gave me the opportunity to manage and lead the team. Hardest part about my job was getting people to sometimes understand the urgency of items needed on short notice by the executive team.
Pros
Team outings, work/life balance
Cons
Wasn't much opportunity for advancement
Do not work there
Package Loader (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 18, 2015
Although it is a great workout it is a glorified sweatshop. I didn't mind the early mornings but the more you do the more they expect. The management are nothing more than highly paid slave drivers. They gave us a raise and then cut our hours. We were threatened with termination if we called in sick during the busy season but people were sent home after working one hour. A few times they were sent home from the parking lot as they arrived to work. You don't get benefits until after1000 hours worked which will take you 2 years to get. The employees are great to work with but management sucks. There is no room for promotion or more hours so if you take the job expect your paycheck to be around $100 per week. By far the worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Great workout.
Cons
Everything else.
A good job if you're going school and need time to study
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 15, 2015
Load & unload trailers with aid of forklift. I learned to keep busy an do as you're told without shortcuts taken & you will move up. Management is good to you as long you don't give them a reason not to be. Co-workers are characters in their own right. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the weather conditions otherwise the most enjoyable part is getting a higher than average hourly wage pay check weekly for easy work.
Pros
Great pay & benefits with room for advancement.
Cons
Only city drivers receive full-time hours.
Great Benefits!!
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAFebruary 19, 2016
A typical day at FedEx Freight would probably be long, cold, and full of challenges.

I attend there people development classes witch helped me grow and become a better leader.

The management at FedEx Freight are inconsistent across the board.

I am a outgoing person so I get along with pretty much anyone and I will miss my co-workers if I were to resign.

The hardest part at FedEx Freight would definitely be working in different weather conditions.

The most enjoyable part of my job at FedEx Freight is working in a real diverse atmosphere.
Benefits
Cons
Abnormal shifts/Weather
Call Center
CSR (Former Employee) –  HarrisonFebruary 12, 2016
Task is to answer 85 to 90% negative calls and you are restricted to your desk...time in/out for bathroom breaks, etc. The calls are from customers that bully, demean and swear. Forty hours is way too many hours of mental stress and you are micromanaged to the extreme. Often being evaluated twice a day twice a week. Nerve racking and there is never a positive word to any of the agents. There is a back-stabbing culture that encourages co-workers to inform on any slight mistake. So, not only do you have managers and third party quality control listening in and reporting on your every word, but you cannot trust co-workers to assist you with their knowledge without also reporting you. I cannot emphasize how unpleasant the atmosphere is. Part of working is also socializing...if this is important to your satisfaction forget this position. You have no opportunity to talk, to break, or to lunch together. All of the schedules are created by a remote location revolving around numbers. No personal touches here.
Pros
Benefits are okay, pay is not worth the anxiety/stress
Cons
Majority of customers negative and abusive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx. Our community is ready to answer.