FedEx Employee Reviews

Found 10,877 reviews matching the search
Great experience with good employee benefits.
PACKAGE HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHOctober 24, 2016
I usually unloaded trucks and loaded/unloaded heavy packages on and off "tugger" carts. Out of any job, this one has taught me the most about team work and communication. I also learned a lot of about time management, proper dieting, and exercise. My managers were very team oriented, and cared about their employees concerns and also rewarded hard workers. I myself received employee of the month twice. My co-workers were collectively active in communication and team work. The hardest part of the job would be lifting the heavier packages that ranged from 100-150 LBS. The most enjoyable part of this job is the culture and employee benefits.
Pros
Benefits, Management, Pay
Cons
Very Physically Taxing
Challenging workplace with opportunity for growth within
Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GADecember 23, 2016
Depending on which location and the type of co-workers you have will determine the level of success as well as the path you take in your career. The typical workday is very easy and low stress. The only time it may get a little stressful is during the holiday's but once you get used to that its a piece of cake.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
Cons
compensation could be more competitive with other companies in the field.
Stressful
Senior ECO Import Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 30, 2016
Its a production based job. If you can't make the department goals they threaten your job. Lots of over time. Management is very unorganized. Treat employees like children. Management makes job very stressful. Hard to move around in company because of favoritism. Just note you can do better than this job!
Benefits
Cons
Pay, Management, Long Hours, Working Holidays, Management makes job stressful, Unorganized management skills, sometimes treated like a child, management use scare tactics to get you to do your job they way they want you to.
Awesome place to start and end your career
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 12, 2016
FedEx has awesome opportunities for growth. They believe in investing in their people. Your desires can be met here in working with management and letting them know you goals. The coworkers are awesome and the environment overall is very positive. I would never have left this organization if I had not had to relocate.
Pros
Great benefits, awesome culture, great outreach programs, great pay and excellent security
Good workplace
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 4, 2016
Stable job, lower pay, management is only concerned about what is right in front of them. Resolving root cause challenges were not a priority for this company. Don't expect change in the company, or organization and don't try to advocate for it or you will be sorely disappointed. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. This is FedEx Trade Networks for sure. The people were wonderful and I miss them every single day but low pay and decreasing benefits don't help pay down college debt.

There is definitely a culture of, "we do it this way because..." and it makes absolutely no sense in todays world. Back 30 years ago that reasoning would have worked but not today.
Exceed and maintain the Purple Promise Creed, to reap the benefits FedEx has to offer.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VADecember 6, 2016
A typical day at work starts with team leader giving a schedule briefing. After the briefing you're to either rotate from your position to an alternative one, depending on your team.

The hardest part of the job is speed and accuracy. Every package has to be accounted for and scanned, as well as unloaded and loaded.

The peak periods will demand your focus and endurance, in a high-paced fast moving environment, with management having an eye on flights for packages to be shipped out, you will be tested.

Last but not least, you will undergo training / re-certification, to condition your abilities, knowledge and awareness as a FedEx employee.
Pros
Great benefits (medical, vison, 401k), flexible hour availability, opportunity for extra hours, tuition reinbursement
Cons
Short breaks
Fun workplace, lacks discipline.
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 14, 2016
Great place to work three years ago, but since then upper management has failed to discipline dock management. Dock management has a lack of drive, which has resulted in a lack of drive in dockworkers. There is no accountability for actions which has created a sense of carelessness in dockworkers. Management has shown that you can get away with just about anything and not suffer consequences, whether it be a dockworker or supervisor. Therefore those individuals like myself that do their job and show potential are often overshadowed by the mistakes of others and put in the same light as everyone else.However, there is great pay, benefits, and if run correctly, it is an extremely fulfilling place to work. But when there is one piece of the puzzle missing, the operation cannot run successfully.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
poor management and low expecations
productive on hands learning and handling packages
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJanuary 4, 2017
- Job title Parcel Sorter,my responsibilities were scanning packages and learning different positions or job titles such as loading trailers, and working well with others when they need the help.
- Management was good mostly working on your own for most of the day.
- The hardest part of the day was working during the seasonal time, the work was a bit more heavy and constantly having to mover packages you can hardly carry.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other half of the day and learning everyday different methods of doing your job.
Pros
the benefits, and the hourly pay was $13.30 per hour
Cons
worked only 12 or 11 hours a week
Different Culture
Paralegal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 21, 2016
Provided primary support to the Senior Attorney handling all accounts in Latin America-Caribbean. Updated and handled all existing files for the United States and Latin America-Caribbean.
Created and distributed legal documents for all existing customers such as revisions and or additions to current policies and local account maintenance and operation.
Performed general office duties such as scheduling meetings and travel arrangements for the Latin America-Caribbean Legal Council team, scheduling appointments and handling the department’s incoming calls, as well as, prepared and submit invoices for payment.
Pros
Good benefits, abillity to travel
Cons
Too much office politics
Great Job
CPA ECO import coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2016
This was a great place to work, friendly people and nice job benefits and medical benefits. Management depends on who you get , but that's with any job....it could go either way. Taking off is a pain sometimes and the job is hard at first but you will get the hang of it.
Pros
Pay is amazing / job benefits
Cons
long hours and teditious work/ lots of time staring at computer screen
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2016
It was nice being outdoors and alone working at your own pace.
Management was horrible. Broke a finger on the job and had no coverage. Was told I had to finish. Knee gave out and couldn't walk and they just laughed and said I would be fine.
No chances of advancement.
Working 60+ hours per week.
No OT pay.
No Benefits.
No PTO.
Only payed for what is delivered, not for time worked.
Typical day was get to work at 6am load truck till about 9-930 am (not paid for this time) Then deliver your route done by around 6-8pm daily. No time to stop for lunch or use a restroom. Was told to use a bottle and keep going.
Truck had no speedometer, no ac.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
No breaks, No benefits, Long days with little pay
Good company with great benefits
Truckload Brokerage (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHNovember 8, 2016
Good work/life balance and great office culture. Overall managed fairly and relatively equally. I have heard different things about other divisions of FedEx, so experiences may vary.
Pros
Nice building, good management and benefits
Courier
Courier (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORSeptember 15, 2016
A typical day as a courier is that you will have to inspect your truck and then head out to your pickups/ deliveries. The job heavily emphasize on time, so you must work really fast in order to meet company standards. Management can be tough at times; however, if you work hard and give your best effort you will be fine. The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom you get with the position; you are rarely supervised and it is very individually oriented.
Pros
benefits, working alone
Need improvement
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Management needs improvementWas a pleasant and comfortable interview. Asked questions off their interview sheet and did two basic math knowledge tests. I was asked about previous experience and skills. The job opening was explained along with duties and shift hours very well
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
Good benefits to working there but horrible work/life balance
Full Time Pick-up and Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 30, 2016
Management is stuck on their old school ways (back in the day mentality) with no new younger managers on board.
Hours worked range from 5 one day to 12 the next. No stability and no guarantees on hours (managers are all too happy to remind you)
No time for work/life balance. If you need to do something you need to leave work early which really upsets management.
No room to advance. start as truck driver and that's all you have going for you.
Pros
free bbq if no accidents throughout entire center for a month
Cons
work and life balance does not exist
good place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 5, 2017
everything is professional , never had anxiety or problems at work. job culture, security, management the benefits and work balance was good. the hardest part was keeping your energy to get through the day because its a very high pace job. I've learned how to manage my energy and work more as an team.
Great for self-starters
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Willington, CTJanuary 12, 2017
I have only been at Fed Ex Ground for a few of their peak season months, so my full judgement is still reserved, but so far I have personally encountered a friendly, supportive atmosphere that favors self-starters and those in excellent physical condition (at least on the ground level).
Pros
Preferential hiring from within, advancement opportunities, full benefits after 1000 hours.
Cons
Training doesn't fully prepare applicants for the high level of physical demand as a package handler, volume-based work wich means viariable pay per week.
productive nice invirorment
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  Hapeville, GASeptember 9, 2016
This was by far the best company I've worked for, excellent management, training, great benefits and salary. Enjoyed my work & personal relationships that developed over the 6 years I was employed and have maintained those relationships to the present. I learned or should I say developed more were my customer service skills team building skills. The most enjoyable part of my job was my management team, awesome to work for they made it easy to come early and stay late if necessary. Some co-workers were great some were not but I was still able to maintain a good working relationship through the years. The hardest part of my job was leaving, I relocated back to my home state. .
Pros
Trips to Buffalo NY, for team building skills, yearly.
Cons
none comes to mind.
Great work place with a few cons
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Troutdale, ORSeptember 19, 2016
A great place to work, but due to the way management works some people are required to pick up the slack of those who don't work hard enough. A typical day at work is pretty straight forward. We unload and load freight into trailers safely and without damaging the freight at our best ability. The hardest part of the job is the physical demand and the amount of freight we need to run, however it is a great job to stay active and learn how to push through difficult times like peak season and holidays.
Pros
Staying active, promised hours, enjoyable managers
Cons
good workers taken advantage of, dirty environment, multiple plans changed throughout shifts that effect everyone
Overall this is not a bad place to work
Associate Inventory Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 12, 2017
The shift hours depend on which operating company you work for. The benefits are pretty good. As with many other jobs, employees are expected to do more than what they are paid to do. So pay is not based on experience or job duties but your job title. This may vary between each Opco. There are always jobs posted which is a good thing if you're looking to bid out. Current management is not very effective as far as leadership skills. This may not be the case at the other operating companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx. Our community is ready to answer.