FedEx
5,111 reviews

FedEx Employer Reviews

The Review
PACKAGE HANDLER (Current Employee), Greensboro NCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: cheap insurance, paid vacations, 4 holidays a year
Cons: sometimes no break, hard work
Fedex is like any other entry level warehouse position, long hours, hard labor. The hubs are not climate controlled so it is cold in the winter, and hot in the summer. Be prepared to sweat no matter what the season. Be sure to stock up on Icy hot and Ibuprofen because the first 3 weeks to 1 month you will be sore.
Fast paced environment
Package Handler (Former Employee), Grove City, OHJuly 8, 2014
Pros: the exercise, the hours
Cons: the management, injuries (somewhat dangerous environment)
On a typical day you'd walk through the guard shack then head to your respective area to attend a presort meeting held by your manager to discuss what kind of work we're expecting for the day. If your area is in the load end you'll then step up into 1 of your assigned trailers. If you work in the unload you'll enter an open door and begin to unload.
In – more... the first 6 months I learned and worked unloading trailers. The next 6 months I learned and worked in the induction, it's the third step after unloading and one step before loading (unload, primary, induction, load). Next I spent around 1 1/2 years breaking jams above the blue, the blue is a unique load end in the building. I then spent the last 5 months unloading again. I left work for 5-6 months then came back and was trained how to load.
The hardest part of the job is the first 3 weeks. Why are the first 3 weeks so hard? Well the answer is simple; you're not good. After 3 weeks you finally learn little tricks that make you very productive and fast. The tricks are unique for each individual. – less
If you are up for a challenge, FedEx is the place.
Package Handler (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits.
Cons: the tough labor.
The only thing I like about FedEx is that the pay start averages from 10.65 to 11.15. The bad thing about it is that it is a tiring place to work. Your body is literally beat after the end of a sort.
Productive and fun
COURIER (Former Employee), Arvada, COJuly 8, 2014
Learned more about Denver and surrounding areas. Was fun to work with different people and met them also.
tiring place but very good environment
Seasonal Package Handler (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: best benefits ever
Cons: tiring environment
everyday is the same unless you make it different. i learned how to properly lift a box. management is great with a lot of supports. co-workers are fun to talk with when working together. hardest part is constantly unloading packages for hours. enjoyable part is unloading with a co-worker.
Package Handler
Package Handler (Former Employee), Bedford Park, ILJuly 8, 2014
Loading and unloading trailers in a timely manner. Lifting packages up to 75lbs, working with a partner or alone.
Good job short hours
Package Handler (Current Employee), Plattsburgh, NYJuly 8, 2014
Loading and unloading trucks. It would be a great job if it was full time.
Fun educational, ping pong, lunches and breakfasts
Handler/Hazmat (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 8, 2014
Setting up for morning operations, positioning equiptment, checking computer for hazmat in and out. Unloading of freight from aircraft and sorting for trucks to be delivered and setting up for loading freight
to be loaded for aircraft. Positioning of hazmat and logging and advising pilots and drivers.

Safe work place. Communication.

Excellent.

Wonderful – more... to work with.

The early hours.

Always an opportunity. – less
Didn't enjoy too much
Parcel Sorter/Truck Loader (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good pay, meet new people
Cons: hours are really shifty, a lot of unnecessary rules, hot environment
Overall it wasn't worth the pay. Hours during late shift were never the same. The area i was put in was very humid
great place to work
Package Handler / Switcher Operator (Former Employee), Rossford, OHJuly 8, 2014
Pros: benefits, and good pay
Cons: constantly lifting and moving packages
A typical day day at work consisted of loading and unloading packages from trailers for half the shift and Operating a switcher tractor to remove and put up new trailers on the docks. I learned how to back up trailers from 28 to 52' to docks proficiently. Management was great they got the job done and provided plenty of direction. There was a lot of – more... workers there and they came and went do to the work load. The hardest part was constantly lifting packages while keeping up with the flow to the trailer. The most enjoyable part was everyone could have fun as long as the work was getting done. – less
Productive and successful fast paced work environment .
Linehaul Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2014
Wonderful managers, excellent co-workers, fast paced work environment, busy from start to finish.
very fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: see different people and places
Cons: long hours for a salary pay
it was great working here learned a lot of new skills co workers were great
driver
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), baltimore, >DJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great place
Cons: pay
i show up to work and check my packets. than i go on my route and do my delivery. then after that i do my pick-up. after i finish i drive to the hub back.
Good company to work for
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Bedford Park, ILJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere managers
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work would be having a team meeting before we go to work and we would discuss the work load,quantity and goals set for the work day. I learned how to work as a team to achieve goals at high standards. Management was good and respectable to their workers. The co-workers were hit or miss depending on how they were feeling that day. Hardest – more... part of the job was just non stop moving,but you get used to it. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you set high standards and achieved them. – less
When people see failures, I see opportunity
Operations Administrator (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYJuly 7, 2014
1. Business Relationship (Motivational Fits):
- Demonstrates familiarity with external entity vendor agreements such as P&D, Janitor, security, maintenance, etc.
- Getting well with another person, group by things in common, which makes communication easier, in other words, this is how friendships are built.
- Effectively communicates business needs – more... and customer expectations to external entities in a way that allows them to understand contractual obligations.

Background→ package loaded to wrong truck.

Action-------→Speak to contractors to take these packages out for deliver. Help others to handle their miss loads. QDM service.

Result-------→ deliver potential DNA’s without temp driver. Help my team.

2. Communication:
- Speak and write clear, concise and direct manner using proper grammar, present ideas in an organized manner.
- Target goals to others.
- Communication behinds with listening.
- Translate technical ideas to the audience using gestures, proper tone, and non-verbal communication to support the message.
- Display patience and understanding when listening.

Background→ What is the code for today

Action-------→ Ask my manager what code to use, listened to her instructions.
Communicate the instruction for today; 34 for business and school, 36 for residential. Pay attention to non verbal communitcation.

Result------→make my manager job easier. Shared translate the goal for today to my team. Took initiative to ask.

3. Business and Technology:
- Understand the industry, marketplace and possible trends that may affect business outcomes. Understand how changes in the industry will affect area of responsibility.
- Understand business driver outside of own area.
- Understand how profitability is impacted at each location for each business and the company.
- Apply QDM to everyday business process.

Background-→ QDM innovation.

4. Self and Lead Others:
- Identifies personal strengths and opportunities in others, and incorporates them.
- Take time to coach others by asking questions that help others clarify expectations.
- See failures as opportunity to improve and learn.
- Modifies self-perceptions and behavior based on feedback from others to enhance personal effectiveness.

Background→ Saw a video about how to reduce lost and damages in the purple hub called “1x10x100”. About 5 damage packages on my Van Line every day. Packages from the unload arrive damage to the belt.

Action→ 1x10x100 rule explained to packages handlers. If you see an open box stop it.

Result→ Reduce damage packages to 1 or 0 in a day. Change their perspective. Reduce cost for the company.

5. Engages and Inspires Others:
- Build trust and respect with and among team members. Taking time to understand driver’s challenges.
- Treat all people with respect and dignity regardless of differences.
- Show importance on hearing others and perspectives before drawing conclusion, actively listen and show empathy with the concerns of others.
- Keep promises.
- Share information, responsibility and decision making with others.
- Give praise to others and recognizes their contribution.
- Builds own credibility through use of good judgment and business ethics.

Background→

6. Exceeds Customer Expectations:
- Continuously looks for ways of doing things better, faster and at lower cost while maintaining focus on providing value to internal and external customers.
- Turns even the most difficult customer situations into a positive experience and a “win” for the company.
- Handles all internal and external customer issues with urgency.

Background-→ Angry customer on the phone. He request package to be deliver after 8:00pm. He was working and couldn’t get package. Package requires direct signature.

Action--------→explained that I was really sorry for his experience. Called customer service with him on the line, and re-route his package to nearest FedEx Office to pick up.

Result-------→ turned his difficult situation into a positive one. He can pick up his package after work. Even saved money for the company in temps drivers. Share my experience with team
7. Deal with Change:
- View changes as an opportunity.
- Understand and communicates the future direction of the company and it is important. (Grow core of packages, grow international).
- Utilizes QDM.

8. Organization:
- Effectively perform multiples responsibility and move from activity to another without losing focus.
- Focus on goals achievement from both a short and long term perspective.

Background→ blizzard storm, bad weather. Many people called out.

Action-------→ leave earlier to make it on time. Ask the sort manager for an extra body. Split the work between us. Focus on my priority QA from my belt and another belt.

Result-------→ Regardless the storm able to sent them out for deliver. Took the lead of my team, performed multiple task at once. Took the initiative.

9. Solve problems:
- Use judgment based on fact scientific facts.
- Use QDM to make a decision.
- Transfer new skills and existence knowledge to unique or unusual situations.

10. Understands Cross-Functional Impact:
- Knowing how others decisions will impact other departments, people or process.
- Form strong relationship with co-workers in other functions.
- One Team, One Vision, One Goal, One Queens.

Background-→ me package handler scanning. At that time in my team it was ok to miss two or three package. Ask my team members why they missed.

Action--------→ showed concern to my team. Explain the importance of why is important to inbound a package since it give an accurate information to our customer. Plus, the sorter need to see the vision stickers and the loader need to know where to load it. I lead with an example, if I miss a package; I stop the flow of my belt get the package and scan it. Every package is important.

Result --------→ improve my manager’s numbers in scanning. Took responsibility. No one told me to do it. Made easier the job of someone else. One vision, one goal, one team, we are Queens. – less
great work enviornment
PC Support specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 7, 2014
good compensation, good benefits. this company can be summarized as "A to B", everything revolves around that concept. transporting things from one place to another as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Fun place to work
Courier (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: working outside
Cons: trucks dont have a.c.
Map out daily route
Deliver packages
Pickup packages at assigned times
Really liked my co-workers
Hardest part of the job was working in the heat of summer or middle of winter in a truck with no A.C. or Heat
I enjoyed interacting with people and being outside
productive and fun place with amazing people
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2014
My day at Federal Express started at 9am. I had my usual routine where i would come in, run my reports, scan equipment from the couriers in and out of the office. I would then go down to the BSC where customers dropped off and picked up packages. I helped customers choose the best shipping method for their package depending where it was going. I would – more... call customers about packages we had waiting for them. I also helped my boss with paper work and tickets the couriers would bring in on a daily basis. I worked for Federal Express for 8 years, i worked with the most amazing people ever. Overall all i have to say it was the best job of my life i learned so much and am very greatful! – less
horrible place to work
Package Handler (Current Employee), Fort WorthJuly 6, 2014
Over worked, under paid where managers steal your checks. Warehouse does not have air condition and during summer days can be very hot and uncomfortable.
fast and consistent work flow
Package Handler (Former Employee), ellenwood,gaJuly 6, 2014
.A typical work day consisted of loading packages on long beg trailers.

1 2 3 4 5

About FedEx

FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete – Read more