FedEx Employee Reviews

Found 11,509 reviews matching the search
Job is perfect for males not women
Texas - Sort Package Handler (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 23, 2017
The work was so much fun. Very physical fast pace. Low pay and only 2 hours a day of work. I applied twice for office work but did not get the job. I wanted full time. I don't think I was treated fairly.
Pros
Fun, nice people to work with
Cons
only 2 hours of work daily and low pay
n/a
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 23, 2017
the hours were easy and flexible to balance with personal life. although the weather would sometimes make working conditions difficult. I enjoyed working with fedex
Great part time work during school
Courier (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 22, 2017
Great people and great benefits. Easy work as a courier and great pay for the amount of work required most days. Working as a driving is not something I would want to do forever but it works well while going to school.
very relaxed work enviornment that was face paced
Package Hander (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 22, 2017
My time with FedEx Ground was pleasant I fewlt as though the compensation was fair considering the time of day you work and the days you are required to work.
fun fast paced
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHApril 22, 2017
I was a loader at fed ex ground which meant I loaded boxes into the semi trucks, or I was a belt picker which was a person that stands at the belt while things come down it and you pick the objects off it and put onto the rollers to go into the trucks. I luckily was assigned to a awesome manager who made our work some what easier than other wings. The job really isn't for someone who is not used to lifting heavy things like 100 plus pounds or even 150 ! Not everything is heavy but the managers look for who is best and quickest a lot of people who work there or had good position and stayed the longest were pretty much body builder guys or really strong people.
Poor management
FedEx Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 22, 2017
Loved working for fed ex. Enjoyed the job a lot and delivery driving is something I'm very great at and enjoy working with the public. Every day is a different challenge. Which I enjoy.
Pros
Money
Cons
Management was terrible
Enjoyed FedEx
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLApril 22, 2017
I was responsible for pickups in Crestview, FL, deliveries/drop offs for my route in Pensacola. I would help with other routes from time to time when co-workers were running behind with deliveries.
Pros
Good company
Cons
No benefits
Productive work place and friendly environment...
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 22, 2017
A typical day consist of 8 -10 hours days, 5 days a week...the hardest part of the job is working 7 days a week mandatory...but the workplace has a friendly environment and the most enjoyable part of the job is doing a job well done...
Pros
Overtime always available
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Productive and fun workplace
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 21, 2017
They're respectable and let everyone know exactly what we are suppose to be doing. We receive breaks. Fast paced job but easy as long as you apply yourself and willing to do everything that you are supposed to do.
Horrible working environment
FedEx Courier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 21, 2017
I have no idea how I was able to endure the 5 months I worked there. I prefer to be moving around than to sit around so this job was perfect for me. So I thought..

Why its a horrible work place?

Co workers seem to not have any respect for anyone else but theirselves. The manager/BOSS of the terminal I worked at showed no signs of care for his workers. He ALWAYS overworked many individuals with no extra pay. (Overtime)
Drivers get paid a lot more than the helpers. And the work was all the same. I saw no type of equality and equity during my time working here.
Pros
Free Coffee
Great Company
Capacity Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Harrison, ARApril 21, 2017
FedEx is a great company to work for. They really take care of their people. Management is great and the culture really supports their business model.
Easy job, good pay
Forklift Operator/Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAApril 21, 2017
The job is super easy, loading and unloading trailers with a forklift your entire shift. Bare-minimum physical labor required, other than to build a decking system in the trailers for loading freight. It is a dusty and dirty environment plus working outside in the summer and winter is a pain but overall this is a decent place to work.

Room for advancement at certain points in the year, extremely competitive work environment to get full-time. Full-time employment here at this company is well worth it, pay wise. Company has weird shift start times that vary all over the place for part-time associates.
Pros
Good pay, easy job
Cons
Working outside, dirty
Very good job but limited hours - great benefits
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 21, 2017
FedEx was a good position but there was no room for advancement and very little pay increase. It was close to home so the commute was very convenient and they provided excellent benefits.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No room for advancement and limited hours
A great place if you need flexible hours and insurance without being full time.
Supplemental Driver (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALApril 21, 2017
Great people and were very sensitive to being flexible for my school schedule. I tried to find a position that fit my new line of expertise with willingness to relocate so I could retain my job there.
Pros
OT after 8 hours.
Cons
A lot of night shift hours.
They punish good workers with too much work
Truck Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYApril 21, 2017
Overall fedex is a good partime job, you meet or exceed expectaions, most people are nice but, they empower lazy people and don't reward you with promises made in the interviews. (Employee of the month incentives) was a lie, they try to squeeze by Osha regulations when they can.
Pros
Good partime job
Cons
If you are a hard worker they try to overload you
High Intensity
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 20, 2017
This job is fast paced, very labor intensive, but also easy to do. It came along at the right time and was very convenient during this place in my life.
Pros
Cool people, room for growth
Cons
Repetative
horrible
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 20, 2017
• Utilized “hand-to-surface” methods for all package handling.
• Loaded and unloaded packages onto or from delivery vehicles, trailers, pallets, and conveyor system carts.
• Lifted, carried, pushed and pulled packages on a continuous and repetitive basis.
• Determined the appropriate conveyor system by scanning packages, reading labels and sorted packages accordingly
Being able to work at your own pace
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 20, 2017
Forklift operating job. We were able to listen to music to keep us going. Only thing I didn't really like was the short hours. We only worked 3 hours a day
Pros
Able to listen to music and work a nice pace
Cons
No hours
Don't try this job
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Waco TXApril 20, 2017
FedEx ground is all contractor, you will get paid "per day". You will not get overtime, you will not be paid for working late. You can expect your route to be changed to make your hours longer, and you do not get paid for the extra time you have to put in past the day rate. My experience was through one contractor who had a high turnover rate. See for yourself.
Cons
50-60 hours a week average. No hourly pay. No overtime
Excellent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 20, 2017
Fedex was wonderful to work at and very fair. I relocated states or I would still work for them. They didn't have a center here where I moved . The management and benefits were amazing no complaints.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval