FedEx Employee Reviews in United States

Found 9,970 reviews matching the search
High-Pace
Courier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2016
The people that work at FedEx are not just co-workers, but become family and a network of support. I would recommend FedEx to an energetic and driven individual that is able to be efficient and flexible.
Hard work
Lead Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2016
Late night shifts
poor management
good co-workers
hot in the summer
fast pace
not able to take vacation during peak season
not able to take time off
Pros
weekends off
Cons
poor management
Working for fedex
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYJune 29, 2016
Working for fedex was very fun I was scanning 2000 packages within 2 hours I was the best smalls scanner they called me the multi taker I used to unload the trucks load the trucks and handled the small packages in due of short time
Pros
ALWAYS GAVE US GIFTS
Cons
NO BREAKS
productive
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, WIJune 29, 2016
spent the day loading and unloading trucks, making sure all items are in the right categories, treat all items with care
Production
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 29, 2016
Production, package handling. Nice experience and a lot of opportunities. Material handler is a driving position around the aircraft. Unloading and loading aircraft
It was an ok to place to work.
Customer Pickup Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COJune 29, 2016
I worked there for almost twenty years. They don't really appreciate their employees or show any loyalty to them. I would not go back
Good Job
package handler unloading semi tractor-trailers (Former Employee) –  Independence, KYJune 29, 2016
Working at FedEx is good pay. Hours are long. They did not provide the shift I was promised after I started. It is a good company to work for.
Supply Chain division is lacking.
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 29, 2016
Incompetent and inexperienced supply chain management. Extremely long shifts for exempt personnel. Business strategies and procedures changed daily resulting in unstructured operations. Formal training for new hires is nonexistent. Employees are set up to fail when hired.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Unpaid overtime. incompetent senior management, racial inequality, no job training.
Hard work and Fast Pace
Aircraft Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38118June 29, 2016
I started out working on the push off slide in the mega hub for a year. Then I became a checker for a year. After that I became a tub driver for four years. then went to offload/loading for a year and a half.
I do not care for Feex
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2016
Horible manegment skills
Great Benifits
Horrible hours
Hardest part of my job is dealing with the mangers
Most enjoybale day is when im getting off
A fast pace working environment that recognizes your hard work from time to time.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2016
I enjoyed my experience here for the most part. It allowed me to get great work experience for over two years, with two employee of the month certificates. I worked my tail off for them while being fast paced for over two year's. But it did have flaws of course like everything else does. It felt like I wasn't getting paid enough to drive that far away and work super hard for not enough money with it just being part time. if it was full time then thatd be a different story.
Pros
to far away, no breaks, no lunch breaks, not enough weekly money
Cons
only get rest room breaks/drink breaks, dont treat their workers fairly i dont think, management needs more communication
fun and easy
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIJune 28, 2016
A regular day at FedEx consists of clocking in, getting assigned a line to be on, sort packages, and wrap pallets. this is done repetitively until your shift is over.
Cons
you are limited the amount of hours you can work
geting up preparing for shift
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2016
very easygoing, set goals for myself everyday, help out co-workers if needed finish work in timely manner. the hardest part is working with a oversize loaded truck. I enjoy building up chemistry with teammates, so we can learn from each others strengths.
Pros
benefits raise within 5 months
Cons
short hours early mornings
Good company to work at
Regional Manager Air ops division (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 28, 2016
Good company to work for. Plenty of opportunities for advancement if willing to relocate. Management positions can be very rewarding if you can manage stress and multiple assignments. Good benefits and retirement plan.
Back breaking work with great benefits
Parcel Sort Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJune 28, 2016
Describing this job is hard since every employee is expected to do so much on every shift. The benefits are amazing and rewarding after working there for 1000 hours. There's no air conditioning or heating so be prepared to freeze in the winter and sweat in the summer. There's no breaks unless you are working 2 shifts, then you'd get a break in between the two. I don't recommend this job to anyone looking for a job filled with happy and enthusiastic workers.
Pros
Benefits after 1000 work hours, PTO, and job security
Cons
Managment, large daily workload, 4 hour shifts, non-climate controlled, and depressing environment
Fun and Fast Pasted
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 27, 2016
I love the crew I work with and everyone gets along. A typical work night is always fast pasted and sometime real long or short and sweet.
What i have learned from working at FedEx is be prompt and ready to work.
My co-workers are the reason i come to work.
The hardest part about my job is Lifting heavy things.
The most enjoyable part of working at my job is the Crew.
Fun, Honest, Entry Level Work
Parcel Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 27, 2016
I really enjoy my work at FedEx. It is good, honest work that pays well and has great benefits (from what I've heard).

The down side is that the hours are pretty infrequent and even as a full time employee I typically get about 30 hours a week (or less).

Other than that it is a really great environment and it pays really well for entry level work.
Pros
Periodic Raises, Benefits, Good Employee Incentives, Overtime During Busy Seasons
Cons
Long Breaks, Infrequent Breaks, Short Hours
Handling Boxes
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 26, 2016
Fed Ex is a great place to work part time for the extra cash. A great to get a early morning workout in then go to the other job.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Childish Management
Horrible
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis TNJune 26, 2016
It is extremely hot and exhausting,and the managers work you like a robot,when in fact we are humans who tire. They also dont give you breaks when they feel you dont need them. I would work 7-8 hours in the blazing heat with no break.
N/a
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYJune 26, 2016
Did not work for the company long enough to really give a review. But I can tell you that the job can either be fast paced or the day can drag by very slow.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A