FedEx
7,112 reviews

FedEx United States Employee Reviews

Fed Ex is a very fast pace hard working job
Package handler (Former Employee), Johnston, RIApril 16, 2015
Pros: very good cash flow
Cons: Employers will want you to go faster and faster
typically you go in sign in and go to your assigned station whether its loading or unloading scanning everyone in Fed Ex are very nice people, the only thing that Fed Ex employers are looking for is speed and honestly thats all your being paid for if your not fast than you should be working in Fed Ex
good place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILApril 16, 2015
Pros: joyful
Cons: cold weather
being a forklift operator and loading and unloading truck was a blast had fun doing it, I enjoyed the people and the job of loading freight
Great Company
Sr ECO Import Coordinator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 16, 2015
I love working for FedEx Trade Network. Its a Monday through Friday job. My co-workers are great, they help get through the work day, they don't mind helping if you don't understand certain things. I get to enteract with my customer over seas through phone, fax, and email.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Package Handler (Current Employee), Brockton, MAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Health insurance Discounts everywhere and more
Cons: waking up too early
The most enjoyable part is that I work the overnight so I still got time to work a second job and spend time with my family during the day
FedEx requires improvement
World Wide Shipping and Sales Agent (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Employed by a company with an established Brand Name
Cons: Employed by a company with criplingly strict vertical hierarchy
As a rule my responsibility was stimulating and gratifying but compensation was predicated not upon performance but seniority. A typical day involved resolving issues and solving problems.
What I learned was Junior management as a rule was not very educated, tasked with playing a babysitting role, and too often intimidated by employees with leadership ambition / potential and also by Senior management. Junior management was subservient to Senior management to the point of fawning.
I also realized that discontinuing annual employee evaluations was a ruse to more easily justify termination and minimize wage increases and most regretfully that I could not rely on management honoring its word.
One's progress was often determined by one's manager's personal preference, not one's performance. Questioning Junior management's reliance upon personal preference or compatibility was an exercise in futility or worse because HR was in Jr. and Sr. management's back pocket.
The position was often challenging and difficult but in a rewarding not distasteful sense. What was frustrating was being restricted to offering customers a limited number of FedEx services and knowing that my manager had never held my position, I could meet and surpass the responsibilities of my position much more consistently than my manager and that my manager's role was not that of a mentor but a baby sitter.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assuming responsibility and taking ownership of the issues that arose, which is why the position should have been a salary, not hourly position.
I can well understand – more... and would not dispute why some FedEx employee's are satisfied, if not pleased to work for FedEx, but FedEx definitely requires improvement and, I am saddened to write, would require even more improvement were it not for the standards and concessions UPS union membership have achieved because UPS management must negotiate with each employee as a member of a union which affords employee's more commitment and transparency. I would have voted against FedEx employees unionizing before but not now. – less
unloading trucks
Package Handler (Former Employee), Richfield, OHApril 15, 2015
5 hour shift every night. great working with my co workers there we all put in great team work , unloading trucks and also loaded it.
Excellent place to work w/ knowledgable staff
Courier Driver/handler DOT (Former Employee), Seaford, DEApril 15, 2015
Scanning packages before loading onto truck, always double check your self . Management will always assist you if needed. most co-workers are helpful fore the team. Nothing hard about this job at all. Knowing the costumers are happy!.
This is a great place to work!!
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee), Memphis TNApril 15, 2015
Pros: Pay benefits co-workers
Cons: None
I loved working for FedEx. Started out part time (temporary) unloading planes at the Super Hub during Christmas. Made full time employee two years later and worked my way up the ladder to a great job. Fantastic benefits, management and co-workers. Wish now that I hadn't retired at twenty five years there.
great benefits
Courier (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: great benefits, good co-workers, and supportive management
Cons: occasionally feeling overwhelmed by the amount of deliveries and/or pick ups on schedule
Typical day as a courier consisted of inspecting my vehicle for road worthiness. Scanning and loading packages,and letters for delivery. Delivering and picking up packages and letters. I learned how to prioritize and manage my time. Management was supportive and helpful. My co-workers were also helpful , for the most part. The hardest part of my job was traffic and people that didn't have good driving skills. The most enjoyable part was delivering packages, like flowers, and seeing the joy that the receivers felt.
Great place
Senior Technical Analyst - Information Security (Former Employee), Collierville, TNApril 15, 2015
Excellent place to work, staff very helpful. Great on the job training, very good culture.. Very diverse and open culture
Fed Ex
Package Handler (Former Employee), Norcross, GAApril 15, 2015
Start work 4 in the morning unloading freight trucks. Once all trucks are unloaded, you are then relocated to the sorting area and sort each package to its destination. Once that is done you clock out.
Production
Parcel Assistant (Former Employee), Belleville, MIApril 15, 2015
Fast-paced environment, new experience. Enjoyed it overall. Hours were convenient, and safety was a must. I would definitely consider employment with this company in the nearby future.
A great place to work.
Senior Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Nice people to work with.
Cons: Long commute.
Good place to work, just time to move on. I want to move to Arizona. My wife and granddaughter live there. I will miss it at FedEx. Busy work
environment. All equipment provided except for your own tools. I've been there 15 years and looking to do something different. The most enjoyment is the men and women I work with.
Work Nights. Good Enviroment. Nice People
Material Handler (Current Employee), Indianapolis airportApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great enviroment. Benifits. Management. Will train.
Cons: Security at gate is annoying. Can be chaotic at times.
Only complaints would be the low hours. Hard to get anything beyond 24 hours a week. They train you well and really try hard to work together as a team. I enjoy a lot of things about his job and would recommend it to anyone looking for part time employment.
Great company to work for, many opportunities for growth professional
Courier/Delivery Driver (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 15, 2015
Working for FedEx is a great opportunity for people that can't stay in an office for 8 hours. FedEx is always training the staff and making sure to deliver the Purple Promise. I have many opportunities to meet people in my route and learn about different businesses. The most enjoyable part of the job is to hear a customer say "thank you for deliver my package".
PRODUCTIVE YET ABLE TO LAUGH
HAZ MAT /SPILL AGENT (Current Employee), Newark, NJApril 14, 2015
Pros: GOOD DISCOUNTS.
Cons: WORKING IN DANGEROUS ARES
EXTREMELY PHYSICAL,PUNCTUALITY IN ALL AREAS,LIMITED SUPERVISION ,GREAT TEAM WORK NO ERAS ALLOWED,MAKING THE CUSTOMER HAPPY DAILY.
Friendly place to work, helping patients
Package Handler/Sorter (Current Employee), Jeffersonville, INApril 14, 2015
Pros: Helping patients
Cons: Prior CEO
I enjoyed helping the patients with their need. I got along with everyone there. Helping patients with scheduling, taking copays and just talk to patients and doctors
Part Time Evenings
Part-time Package Handler (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 14, 2015
I worked at FedEx in the evenings for a second job. The work wasn't bad, just a little physical. Nice pay for a part time gig.
productive
Seasonal part time handler (Former Employee), NJApril 14, 2015
Pros: the more good work you do the more hours and day you will get
Cons: shortbreaks
i would clock in and begin loading the trucks or unloading the trucks.from the trucks it will go to the crates .the better i did more hours i was offered
Top Fortune 500 company
Dangerous Goods Material Handler (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits for part time work.stable company
Cons: very hard to get on full time and working in middle of nights
Great benefits for Part-time work, stabil top rated company with opportunity to move around the country and world if you desire by transferring jobs and locations

About FedEx

FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete – Read more

FedEx Salaries