FedEx Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Good work area
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WISeptember 19, 2017
Come in and get your assigned area from your team lead and manager. Set up was nice if you work off of docks but sucked if you didn't have a good crew on your shift
Physically Demanding and coworkers are selfish
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 19, 2017
Majority of the coworkers were lazy and only cared for themselves. The work was physically demanding. The pay was good on paper but the hours received were sub par. management staff was amazing always looking out for everyone.
Pros
Great Management great benefits
Cons
Not Enough Hours. Lazy Coworkers
Great job good opurtunity
Lead Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 19, 2017
Fedex Office was a great job for the most part. Steady work always paid on time and excellent benefits. One of the short comings was advancement and trainings. If i had to do it all over again however I probably would.
Pros
Benefits 401k
Cons
Management support trainings
Good co=workers
Home Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Whitehall, OHSeptember 19, 2017
I get in at 7 am and my truck is loaded for me to go through and add where I am going on my map. Then I go delivery my packages to all businesses and residentials all over Reynoldsburg, Ohio. I am on my own through out the day and can be done when I deliver my last package.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
no benefits and low pay
Scan packages to be shipped at earliest convienece.
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 19, 2017
The overall job was good. It should have had better management. I came on time daily to finish my work day. My supervisor wasn't good under pressure. Making things a little complicated.
Pros
It is stuffy in warehouses but it stayed circulated.
Cons
healthcare and benefits
easy nice vending machine
RAMP AGENT (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2017
A typical day at work was easy because at the san diego ramp dealing with 3 aircrafts you be out of work in 4.5 hours. I moved up in the company from a material handler to a ramp agent during my 2 years employed. overall the company is good to work future wise because of the benefits and perks fedex has to offer. one thing I can say it could be a drain depending on management it can ruin the mood of working at fedex. I wouldn't say the job is hard at all mainly because a lot of what you do is common sense with a couple hours of labor which isn't too bad at all. its quite easy to catch on working for fedex, overall fedex is a good company to work for.
Pros
standby on flights
Cons
not enough hours secondary job if needed
My Experience
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 19, 2017
It all depends on the job you have. As long as you can get away from the back of a hot truck or warehouse, you will probably enjoy it. I recommend working with aircraft on the ramp.
Poor atmosphere
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Overall the company does seem as focused on its people and treating them well. There is a high focus on numbers and profit and although they say safety is first and people are second while profit is 3rd, it is opposite.
Very diversified employer.
Senior Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHSeptember 19, 2017
FedEx does not discriminate against any applicants or employees. The work enivornment is open to all their employees interests and lifestyles. FedEx provides themselves on this.
Pros
Worldwide company
Cons
Loss of PTO time
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 19, 2017
It's a very good place to work if you're into fast passes work. The people are like people anywhere else you just have to choose your battles wisely.The people are like people anywhere else you just have to be the judge on who to associate with but also be able to work alongside people that are very trying. The benefits are great and the managers are as well.
Pros
part time job with the benefits and options for more hours than fedex
Cons
Weather plays a huge role in Fedex's operations
Package handler and unloader
Package Handler-Casual (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 19, 2017
I would go in late in the afternoons and work until finished. I learned about packaging and LTL freight. Management was fine and the culture was fine. Hardest part of the job was the fast pace we had to keep up with and the most enjoyable was the time passed quickly.
Pros
Nice part time job
Cons
Seasonal
FED EX review
Customer Service Representative/Driver (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MASeptember 18, 2017
Hours at Fed Ex were somewhat flexible. Drivers are allowed to start anytime after 5 A.M. This is a great option for parents and for people with part-time overnight jobs. The day is typically 7-10 hours so the earlier you can start the earlier you'll get done.
In the morning you load your truck in the sequence you think will be most efficient. You then prepare a manifest in the same way. I think this is a great part of the job because you can tailor your route around your driving experience.
Another positive part of this job are the managers. I had 4 different bosses and they all let me perform my duties without micromanaging. They were there to help when I needed it but I was mainly on my own out on the road. This was my favorite part of my job, being outside interacting with customers and working at my own pace.
The only difficult part of this job are the heavy parcels. The boxes weigh up to 75 pounds and a few are big and bulky. While you can carry most packages in your hands the large ones can be a little difficult to maneuver in the ice and snow in New England.
Overall I would rate this job a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10 and I wish I didn't have to leave.
Pros
Flexible hours, good wages and independence
Cons
Bad weather, Crowded warehouse atmoshere
good place
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 18, 2017
great place to work bla..bla....bla good pay health insurane and dental insurance. good and friendly coworkers. I would like to return working at fed ex.
Not a Good Place
Operations Manager/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Davenport, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Not a place that I would recommend to anyone. No benefits and the Managers are not friendly. The better you are at your job, the meaner they are to you.
fast pace
P & D Driver (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VASeptember 18, 2017
Need to be strong mind and energetic. The hardest part is of the job is being careful during loading and delivering your packages. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting through the day unhurt.
Pros
Bonues
Cons
No Healthcare provided...
Poor communication from HQ
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, ohioSeptember 18, 2017
Great team, benefits, and salary, poor, inconsistent communication from divisional level down. Enjoyable job, just never certain what direction we were to head in and just when we had it figured....the direction changed again.
Pros
great salary and team
Cons
lack of consistent communication
Fast Pace and also constant pace
Materials Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2017
During my department, I was in charge of the returns, we would take phones and eletronics that would go through the returns section, we as a materials team we would only support all areas. But honestly the repetition of the job was really boring.
Pros
great hours
Cons
short breaks - 30 mins and they find your time if you are late
Worldwide company
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 18, 2017
Confimed that all ducuments were cleared for Customs.
Learned how to prepare documentation such as 3461 &
Authority to Make Entry documents.
A company that specialize in air and ocean freight forwarding, customs brokerage that works at a fast paced.
I learned a lot in a short period of time.
Pros
Met a lot people
Cons
Commute
Senior Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 18, 2017
Great company to work for.., but as with ANY company the day to day operations are left with lower to mid management which at times can be the issue with employees growth and buy-in to the company stated culture..
Pros
Great place to work for IT professional
Cons
Off -shoring is becoming the norm
You have to make it work for you.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2017
Working for Ground Express means just that. You are part of the ground roots of package handling. Not for everybody. You have to work. They do offer benefits after a year or a thousand hours.Work is 15 to 20 hours a week. You do the math.....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx. Our community is ready to answer.