FedEx
5,258 reviews

FedEx Employer Reviews

a job
Loader (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 19, 2014
Pros: short hours
Cons: hard work
not the best for a person with a family.
gets really hot.
fast moving.
loved this job it was my favorite and best pay job ive had
Delivery Representative (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJuly 19, 2014
Pros: time went by fast great place to work with good pay
Cons: worked alot
get there early and load and scan packages onto my truck for couple hours and then drive and deliver the packages, i learned what a great place this was to work learn that its very different driving a big box truck than regular size vehicles, boss was a real nice guy and co-workers was really good people, hardest part was driving all day but best part – more... was not having no one over my shoulder – less
Productive and hard working
Package Handler (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2014
Pros: health care, dental care
Cons: short breaks
Everyday at work is a hot hard working day. I've learned many things from loading trucks and loading vans and many other positions with-in the warehouse. My co-workers are very hard workers and when needed I give assistance or hints on a better work ethic. The hardest part about my job is performing in the heat but mostly I enjoy working with my co-workers – more... and managers and getting the job done. – less
A very fast pace enviroment
Handler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: a cafe area was provided for workers
Cons: part time work
FedEx is place where a lot things are going on at the same time you must be very focus and motivated.
Filthy slave-labor with a hint of untrained upper management
Package Handler (Former Employee), North Jackson, OHJuly 18, 2014
Pros: excellent workout
Cons: incompetent management
Typical day: start time of 4 a.m., presort meeting about not getting hurt and how presort meetings had become hilarious. Get to specified trucks to load or unload. Talk with co-workers about the volume of packages for the day, then proceed to get physically, mentally, emotionally, and - on occasion - spiritually assaulted by aforementioned volume. Emergency – more... stop is pulled, a co-worker curses out a boss until they actually do something, then start right back up with minimal changes. End of sort, loading last minute boxes while drivers shout about the lack of professionalism in the workplace. Finish, go home, sleep.
I learned that paychecks are earned by hard work, determination, and patience of the soul.
The management was, without a doubt, the most personable and hilarious people I've ever met. That being said, nothing was ever taken care of, paid attention to, or changed for the better in any way whatsoever.
The co-workers hate the job just as much, and they make the day go by so much faster. They help when help is needed and expect nothing less than the same from everyone else. It's a family; the co-workers represent the fun-loving siblings and cousins, while the management personnel represent the abusive father and alcoholic mother who have no idea what they're doing.
The hardest part was less of the physical labor, and more of the constant improvisation on how to actually accomplish what is necessary for the day.
The best part was when the conveyor belt would break and everyone - management included - stood outside, smoking heavily, wishing their lives would improve somehow, and laughing it off. – less
Time consuming
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 18, 2014
A typical day at FedEx is fast. The faster you go the faster you get done. I learned how to scan and load a delivery truck and learned streets in a town I was not familiar with. Hardest part is having to work a lot of hours with no overtime.
A typical day at FedEx Ground
Package Handler (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2014
Pros: not enough hours
Cons: good benefit packages
I work at FedEx Ground, which i am a package handler. A typical day at work will be relaxing and exciting. I have worked for the company for 3 years and have gave my best and everything i do.
Efficient, hard working job
Material Handler (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, over time, job transferability
Cons: lack of hours given, shift hours
A typical day at FedEx Ramp included a daily meeting and overview of what is expected as far as flight times and man power duties.
I learned the meaning of efficeinetcy, and maintaining a safe environment especially around heavy weight equipment. I was trained in many areas such as captain and load verifier as well as the use and operation of all the – more... heavy weight equipment.
My particular manager was ideal. He made promises and kept them. He was very helpful and and aided our needs with urgency.
My co-workers were friendly and offered a lot of help when needed. We all cooperated to make the operation a success.
The hardest part of my job was learning the routine and how to go about it in the most efficient way possible.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships I built with everyone and getting a pretty good work out trying to complete the operations. – less
amazing
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee), Kokomo, INJuly 18, 2014
it kept your mind always busy. your hands to scan and your mind to keep track no matter how fast. keep the pace.
Dependable and Determined
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee), Bloomington, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: freedom to get work done. pay.
Cons: not owning your own truck.
When I get to work I have a good sense of responsibility and determination to get the truck rolling. I know that paying attention to the surroundings allows me to take charge of my job and get it done properly while working with other ground workers. I'm always positive that management expedites everything that goes on so they can always be trusted – more... to get all of the fright moved as goes with my co-drivers.
There is nothing harder than knowing you already have the intestinal fortitude to exceed the demands of safety and transporting goods to their destination in a big rig. Discipline lets me enjoy myself and my co-driver in a big way because I naturally enjoy getting my job done right and in a big way. I like doing the best I can do because not everybody will do so. – less
good place to star work history with no experience
Package Handler/ Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2014
good place to star work history with no experience in factory setting
Material Handler (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2014
a typical day on the job is me running the control desk ,handing out, orders making sure all orders in deparment go out and on time,as well as picking, shipping and packing basiclly I'm the lead without the pay. when something gose wrong i fix the problem.
great!!
Forklift driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2014
overall a good company to start a career with but the management need to communicate more only pt positions to start
ITS A JOB
Dangerous Goods Agent (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
MY DAY IS A 5-8 HRS ADAY JOB DEPENDING ON THE VOLUME OF FREIGHT THAT HAS TO BE PROCESSED. I HAVE ALL THE REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE TO COMPLETE MY JOB ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS. MY CO WORKERS ARE MOSTLY YOUNG, SOME ARE FRIENDLY, AND ENJOYABLE TO BE AROUND. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS DEALING WITH THE WEATHER , THE EXTREAM HEAT AND EXTREAM COLD, AND RAIN. AS – more... THIS IS AN OUTSIDE JOB. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB IS WHEN I HELP TO DELIVER TRANSPLANT MATERIAL IN A TIMELY MANNER SO THAT A LIFE MY BE SAVED. – less
moved at our own pace.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2014
Pros: worked at a even pace
Cons: over night shift
It was an over night job and the planes would come in and we would work hard to get it unloaded. We took our time and did things right and at a pace where everyone would get things done and not get to tired before we had to reload the plane again.
Okay company to work for. Management at my location was less than great.
Checker/Sorter (Former Employee), Memphis,TNJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great medical benefits.
Cons: poor team efforts, low pay, and poor work environment.
Great company to work for, but it's management choices were less the desireable. Pay is lower than expected , and working environment was awful.
Great Part time job
Package Handler (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2014
Pros: part time, great work envirnment, workout
Cons: part time
I LOVED working at FedEx. It was so cool to be around the planes and to feel like you were doing something with your day.
The best part about working there is the bond that you make with your group. Ive never felt more like i was in a team than with those people.
It was very hard for me to leave but in the end it just wasnt enough money and in order – more... to get full time hours i would have to work 4 hours in the day and 4 hours in the night. I didnt enjoy that.
Its great work for a college student who has school but still needs to earn some money. They also have tuition re-embursment! – less
Tough job with decent pay, is right for some people
Package Handler (Former Employee), Willington, CTJuly 16, 2014
The work is easy to learn, and very physical. It requires lots of bending and lifting. Managers are alright, if you can get along with them. They are under a lot of pressure to produce results, and can put pressure on you as well. This can produce a bit of stress, and the temptation to complain. A camaraderie is developed with your fellow laborers, – more... and it can be an enjoyable job. But it is not for everyone. – less
Better off find other job
Loader (Former Employee), Bedford Park, ILJuly 16, 2014
Pros: no union fee
Cons: poor training
Poor training... You are better off working or staying at UPS... The pay is no difference compare to UPS... You only work 3 hour with no break compare to UPS 4- 5 hour, and if you done good work maybe up 8 hours...
DHL-Response-Airborne Express Delivery is a company holding up it's own in a competitive market.
Delivery Technician (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJuly 16, 2014
Pros: i learned a lot about different airplanes.
Cons: really cold exposed to the elements in winter on a tar mat.
Intensely physical work, from start to finish.

I learned what studded tires were and how important they are.

Management went far and beyond to communicate with it's employees and keep the job site safe.

My co-workers were wonderful people who worked very hard and knew how to throw a good joke.

The hardest part of my job at DHL-Response-Airborne – more... Express was waking up at 3am to arrive at the tar mat to unload the belly of a DC9 airplane in a blizzard.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the great workout I had each morning and seeing the countryside delivery freight. – less

About FedEx

FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete – Read more