FedEx Employee Reviews

Found 10,303 reviews matching the search
Demanding and Stressful job
Courier (Current Employee) –  Elmsford, NYJanuary 11, 2016
The full time courier position is a very demanding and stressful job to say the least. It drains you physically and mentally. If you're family oriented, this is not a job for you. I'd only recommend a part time position as a courier, if you're currently employed part time elsewhere and do not have medical benefits.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Work long hours to make decent check. Not good job to balance work and family.
workplace approved
package handler (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CAMarch 3, 2016
working for a big company like fed ex you cant go wrong nothing but high praise for a big company like this because if you work hard you can easily move up
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good company to work for.
Management Trainee/ Courier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 6, 2016
I enjoyed being out and about with this company. Very physical job. If you do your job they pretty much leave you alone, until they need to add more stops to your route.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
hard to get time off
Cool
Courier (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 31, 2016
Solid place to work! Solid management. Really good co-workers. More hours would be great! Safe work environment and excellent benefits.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2016
Over all Fedex Trade Network Transportation and Brokerage is a good company to work, You can learn a lot about the transportation industry. Working with a wonderful manager made the job enjoyale.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Not much room for advancement
no benefits
driver (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 21, 2016
drivers work for contractors not for fedex. the warehouse managers can be too worried about their numbers and not very helpful in getting the drivers on the road. this creates a backlog in trying to get on the road in the mourning. very frustrating to the drivers when they are trying to start their day. the contractors then feel they have their hands tied, this adds to the long day of driving and deliveries.
Pros
some really nice hardworking drivers
Cons
no benefits
OTR Truck Driver
Over the Road Truck driver (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Good paying job, only problem is that as you work longer the less miles you will get. Once you arrive to your destination it will take you from 3 hours to 3 days to get another load and leave that location. Some co-workers are very good drivers and will help you if you need help, other drivers have no driving experience and will only drive around 200 miles a day.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No benefits.
Great opportunities and an amazing company to work for
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAMarch 22, 2016
The people are amazing. FedEx is a great company to work for with tones of amazing benefits. They have great training and many opportunities to move up in the woke force.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Low hours
Federal Express
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 25, 2016
Good team work environment. No work life balance once in management. Great benefits with a lot of potential to own company stock.
workers, management,
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, COMarch 8, 2016
Loved going into work with the people that were there, the time having to be there was what was killing me. otherwise, once you got over being tired and not wanting to wake up, you're set to go with great people.
Pros
the workers, the bosses, benefits
Cons
Being there at 2am

Want to know more about FedEx?

Ask a question
Challenging to say the least.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Maspeth, NYJanuary 7, 2016
Fed Ex sells its routes like McDonalds sells its franchise restaurants, therefore you are not directly employed by Fed Ex. You wear the Fed Ex uniform but you don't have the benefits that people think you have because you wear that uniform. For example no paid sick days, no paid vacation days, no medical insurance etc. Fed Ex Ground workers at the hardest working people I ever had the privilege to work with bar none !!!
Pros
keeps you in great shape
Cons
No benefits
Great place to lose weight and get inn shape.
Home Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Zionsville, INMarch 23, 2016
Great place to work but there are no medical benefits. The work environment was not bad but could have been much better. Compensation was great but the hours could become very long.
Extremely busy
Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 30, 2015
This company wants your life to revolve around them, forget your health, your personal life, and your family. Typical day starts at or around 6:00 a.m. and the earliest you will get off is 4:30 p.m., this would be considered a good day. Besides that, your first 1-1.5 hours of the day is spent going through your truck and straightening it up because the loaders were not taught properly on how to load a truck. It does no good talking to FedEx about this issue, words from a member of management "It won't matter if you say anything about the load or the loader. Being that the loaders are part time, as long as they show up and do something, that's all we care about.". On top of that, this job takes a good toll on the body, and there are no benefits, or retirement.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No Benefits, no retirement, long hours-specially November-February
Deliverly and Pick up Driver
Warehouse Supply Custodian (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2016
I would work a typical 10-12 hours day, delivering and picking up customer packages in a timely manner to insure that they would go out for the next business days delivery. Very customer orientated, fun, and rewarding. Worked very closely with Management.
Pros
great Pay, Great Benifits.
Cons
not very many holidays off.
Productive Family oriented facility
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 19, 2016
I loved working at FedEx and definitely wouldn't mind honestly going back. I met so many diverse individuals and learned so much about freight and the company. I liked that there is also great benefits and chances of advancement within the company. Great place to develop a career in!
customer service, educating new customer, helping customers with issues
Speciality Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Harrison, ARFebruary 13, 2016
Currently I train new Customers on how to ship with FedEx to help them avoid costly mistakes. I have learned how to handle difficult customer issues.
Pros
set hours, 3 weeks vacation, benefits
Cons
mandatory black out for December for any time off
Great for some, but not ideal for me.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 18, 2016
FedEx has the family feel to it, and it can be very inviting if you're willing to accept long days and zero work-life balance.
Pros
Excellent compensation.
Cons
No work-life balance. Advancement opportunities exist but they're not appealing.
An employee friendly place with good benefits
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Dodge City, KSOctober 20, 2015
So a typical day at work consists of an average of 2 to 3 hours of intense labor. It starts with a general summery of what the shift will consist of, how many packages, review of previous days performance, and any problems we might encounter through out the work day. We then stretch and report to our stations. lately I have been unloading trailers witch is a very physical post, but I enjoy it.
The work environment is very positive. I have a second job and the management is very considerate of that witch I am very thankful for. My co-workers are for the most part friendly, and helpful when needed.
Pros
Very friendly environment and good benefits
Cons
The smaller stations do not provide me with enough hours to earn a decent income
good job
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 1, 2016
good learning experience, good benefits. I loved working at fedex. I gained an awesome skill that requires me to drive an tugger.
Pros
hardworking company
Cons
injuries
Continuously and fast paste work place
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 13, 2015
A typical day at fedex is to go get the small packages. Once you go get the small packages dump them in the sorter. Sort the small packages in the correct bin. Then once the packages are sorted in the correct bin then you bag the packages.After the packages have been bagged then the place the bags on the ic belt. You continue this cycle until there are no more packages. It's a very fast paste job. No time for taling, you have to get the job done in an fast but safe paste.Co workers usually get along with one another because working at Fed Ex require team work.The hardest park of the job is making sure you are working safe at all time. The most enjoyable part of this job is working really fast.
Pros
Cost of living raise every year
Cons
no food to accommendate workers on break