FedEx
6,924 reviews

FedEx Employer Reviews

Use to be great
Senior Manager (Former Employee), VirginiaMarch 15, 2015
Pros: Heck, it use to be a great company
Cons: No stock options, they took salary from all management in 2009 and never gave it back
Older employees that built the company are getting shuttered off to save costs. Company is worried about perception so they have incompetents in some high positions that no other company would allow. Corporate is great. The field you will not have a life the higher you go and depending on the District. Stay away from the Piedmont! Residential customers are creeps.
blind leading the blind
technician 2 (Former Employee), montgomery nyMarch 15, 2015
Pros: mananger is cool
Cons: to many to list
little to no leadership supervisor had no mechanical background 3rd shift is the busiest shift there is no one in charge on this shift when problems occur everyone points the finger at the mechanics outbound after outbound with no time to get secluded work done it don't matter how good you are someone will always nock you down and throw you under the buss no one cares about 3rd shift I could go on but im going to leave it at this don't make the same mistake I did look around go to more than one interview the manager is a nice guy and will rope you into something you don't want to go into cameras everywhere people always watching and waiting for you to make a mistake probably the worst job ive ever had
Fun place to work, Proactive environment
Dock Mentor (Current Employee), Aurora, IlMarch 15, 2015
Fast placed employer, learn skills at managing deadlines and multi-tasking, Co workers very friendly, very good management. Hardest part of the job was managing the cut times
Great place to work as far as the job & co-workers
Human Resources Clerk (Current Employee), Keasbey, NJMarch 15, 2015
Laid back environment, never overwhelmed. Co-workers are fun & enjoyable. Lots of chances for advancement within the company, great benefits, good learning environment.
productive fun place
Equipment operator/Forklift operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 15, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: manager do not have people skills
Fast pace. Non production driven. Good benefits for part time associates. opportunity to grow in with positions open all over the country.
Working here for over a year
Parcel Assistant (Current Employee), Columbia SCMarch 14, 2015
• Unload and load trucks with forklift or walkie rider
• Separate all packages received and moved to conveyors for dispatch to other areas
• Scan parcels and induct into system sorter by size
• Scan parcels and induct into system sorter by size
• Wrap, label and move pallets identified for shipping
fun workplace
Material handler (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 14, 2015
Pros: its a workout
Cons: hours suck
great people. great environment. decent pay if you don't mind waking up really early in the morning. All in all good experience
Great Company to work for...
Flight Dispatcher / Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: a lot of opportunity to make extra income through overtime, different types of areas you can work if you are not a college graduate
Cons: annual raises are small
If you work well in a team atmosphere, where time is of the essence, where you must always remain flexible, than FedEx is right up your ally.
Depending on what area you are assigned to there are always new obstacles to face where high volume and time parameters are always in the equation. Your co workers are a reflection of your effort and it will show in your daily performance. The hardest part of the job would actually be having to go home and prepare for the next day because of the opportunity that there is to be made there if you are really ambitious. The management is excellent and will guide you throughout your career there at FedEx.
The most enjoyable part of my job there was being able to be a part of successful operation with a wonderful group of success oriented people.
long hours, no fun, and too many road blocks
Maintenance Service Manager (Current Employee), Keasbey, NJMarch 14, 2015
Cons: life work balance
No life work balance, too demanding, too many road blocks.
I can't work a 2nd shift and I can't get off it. I work from 1:30pm to 12 or 12:30am.
Fed Ex is a great company.
Seasonal Subcontracted Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Crestview, FLMarch 14, 2015
Fed Ex is a great company however i worked for a subcontractor and i would not recommend, I was approached last October for a seasoned job for Christmas. I was informed i would make no less than $120.00 a day and all my days would end by lunch time. At first i rode with a elder driver and they showed me how to do this job, It was very easy nothing difficult. They first few days by myself i was not paid for my full days work and even later i never received a full pay check the contractor always had some reason. My job would start with driving a budget rental truck to crestview every morning to load up my truck then come back to pensacola. When i got back i would start delivering. I did my job the best i could every day and made sure that i did all i could.
Decent place to work
Driver (Current Employee), West Babylon, nyMarch 14, 2015
FedEx is a decent place to work. The local management team is what makes things difficult. They like to follow their own rules instead of the rules set forth by coporate
Productive workplace, but very stagnant
Transportation Pricing Advisor (Current Employee), East Point GAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: learning opptunities available for those who are willing
Cons: lacking diversity
The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to customers. That's followed up closely with learning how other aspects of my other people's job fits into the big picture for all involved. I've learned a lot at FedEx Trade Networks. The industry is very dynamic and ever changing, but there is surprisingly small opportunity for advancement at FedEx Trade Networks. That can be a good thing for stability in management but not for development and advancement of employees. The hardest part of the job is times where the customer is disappointed and upset. Especially when you know you did your best, but the outcome was out of your control.

Overall I'm grateful for the opportunities that I've been given there. I've grown in ways that I could not imagine.
Productive place to work
ECO Import Agent (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2015
Pros: management is understanding and work group functions.
Cons: low pay raises.
The work is easy and stress free and my co workers are nice and helpful. Management is okay. There really isn't a hard part to my day. The best part of my day would be laughing with my co workers and still being able to work.
Package Handler
Package Handler (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 13, 2015
Fedex was a job i enjoyed because it was a good environment to work in. I learned that they take job Safety very seriously to avoid people getting injured so you had to bend properly. My manager was name was Lamar Harris he was a young cool guy, the Co- Workers was fun to be around. The hardest part of this job was the whether.
No Ping Pong Table, but a culture of team-work and respect
Home Delivery (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYMarch 13, 2015
Pros: work on your own
Cons: inclement weather
Enjoyable work-place with a atmosphere of respect and trust.
People willing to work together and help you get the job done.
consistent work and weekly pay
Package Handler (Former Employee), Kennesaw,GAMarch 12, 2015
FedEx was an excellent work environment for me first starting out in the workforce. I learned how to work effectively on a team as well as attention to detail. The work was physically demanding so i kept in excellent shape.
An Easy Work Place
Handler/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 12, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: i have to wrok every sunday.
A day at FedEx is easy. I learned how they do shipping. the managers are very nice and concerned about their employers. They take time to notice our hard work by celebrating us and giving us a night of food and fun. The hardesdt part about my job is peek season with its long hours. The most enjoyable part is we get to eat when we finally get down time.
I enjoy the package handler positon
Package Handler (Current Employee), Lewisberry, PAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free tshirts
Cons: n/a
FedEx ground has been a job where a learn how important is to your job right for costumer can get the product on time and excellent quality.
package handler at Fed Ex
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Orion, MIMarch 12, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: short work hours
A typical day at work is handling about 400 packages a day, what I learned is how to have patience on a job, hoe to adapt to the assembly line. My co-workers wasn't helpful I carried the weight of the work load on my shoulders. The hardest part of the job is only working 4 hours a day, getting injured by packages. The most enjoyable part of the job is the salary.

About FedEx

FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete – Read more

FedEx Salaries