FEDCAP Employee Reviews

Comfortable job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
If you willing to work in the heath field this the job for you. While you doing your two weeks training you learn the basic of a nurse and the reactions of your patients when they are sic.
Pros
helping people
Cons
some patients are rude
Summary
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2017
FedCap Rehab is a fast pace environment and everyone is in everyone business. If your pace isn't fast enough you get written up. if you have a dr ap.
Any Dept. but Case Management...
Vocational Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 10, 2017
If you need a job and have no issues with an administratively top heavy social service position, servicing 85-125 clients on your caseload, then you will fit right in.
It is good for a temporary means to an end of unemployment; however professional development and advancement, No. There is no tuition reimbursement nor are they supportive of those choosing to attend graduate school (i.e.: flexible hours, assistance with field placement or supervising your hours).
Line Staff tend to be supportive of one another because of the stressful work environment.
Fast pace sometimes
Intake specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 25, 2017
The company can do s lot better when it come to pay and should stop creating unnecessary changes.. Also they should give employee end of quarter bonuses like they give to upper management
Benefits
Cons
Always a change in policy and procedures
Relaxing and Comfortable Environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2017
Everyday was a soothing environment from start to finish, complete understanding from all peers, and major assistance, cooperation was always on point. and management was always clear and providing.
would recommend
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2017
Have worked with Fedcap for over 4 years and have been very happy. Management has always supported me in my career and supported me to mover forward. Would recommend to others.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 1, 2017
FedCap is a rare company to find but they are always open to hire new people whenever you do find one. It gives useful information on programs that are out in the city to help the needy as well as lower income families
Nice Place to work
WEP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 30, 2017
Caseloads are huge, cannot devote much time to each client although the positive outcomes of our caseloads are rewarding to experience. Working here teaches you to juggle through the struggle of attending to various personalities and backgrounds. Lots of turnover at the moment, due to large volume of clientele and not enough hands on deck.
Pros
Easy to get to
Cons
Frequent turnover
charming and nice co-workers
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 21, 2017
well I learn not to associate with people that will you your jobs
Never talk back to your supervisor. If they give you another job to what you were train than I would not continue working for them.
For example if they tell you to make copies all days and as long as you work for the company instead of data entry then I would file a complain.
Environment to learn new approach
Job Readiness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 25, 2017
The environment at FEDCAP gives you the opportunity to learn new skills to help clients.

It is fast paced.

It is a joy to help clients get employment to better their lives.

The collaboration with the other branches of FEDCAP is great.
Cons
needs more team work
i loved working there
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYDecember 30, 2016
i loved working with my coworkers. i learned a great deal threr. buffing and waxing was a pluss. would love to work there again
A great place to work if you care about the people.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2016
I would like to summarize everything in few single sentences:

This is a great organization if you love to help the people in need.

The hardest part of the job would be helping people in a temporary slot only.
Pros
Helping People.
It was a fun place to work until the morale started changing
Case Manager / Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn NYJune 29, 2016
In the beginning job was wonderful and people were compassionate about their job and workplace was full of morale. I love dealing with my clients the management was very disrespectful and yelled at the staff the hardest part of my job was having respect for a person who constantly yelled me The most enjoyable part is when my coworkers makes me feel better by consoling me after having a bad day with management, Other than that I love dealing with my clients making sure they got everything they needed.
Cons
1 lunch break, not time off unless you have it, you cant take vacation like you was supposed to
is ok
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
Could be worst. But could be better. I deal with providing retention services to employed customers. There aren't any benefits to working here though. The health insurance is way too expensive.
Good Talent Acquisition team
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2016
Overall nice place to work. Growing non-profit organization with several different programs including Easter Seals, WeCare, Workforce Development, and Homecare services.
Pros
Good group of co-workers
Cons
Heavy workload, need more staff
Good place to gain short term experience
workforce (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2016
I am actually disappointed in this company. so much potential to be a good work place but is overshadowed by bad management practices. I am actually sad that I let my old job to go work there. I felt stagnant but I was not overwhelmed with work, rude manager and customers for such low pay.
Pros
weekends off, coworkers are mostly nice
Cons
too many to name, #1 management
hard working place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 19, 2016
It start off good but after a while your supervisor start treating you like your not worth it. My day was always hard some of my co-workers was ok management I wouldn't say that its all that some days I enjoy and some days I don't.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great Place to work
Work Experience Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 25, 2015
I started here as a temp and have loved working here. The people are nice and very professional and we all work towards one goal: Self Sufficiency for our clientele.
Cons
I am located in the Bronx and live in Brooklyn. The commute for me is an issue
Disability becomes Activity
Data-Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2015
It's a school with outstanding performance for the disable. It also gives a temporary job after your graduate to a bit of experience. The Teachers are wonderful there, I learn a lot and I still appreciate it to this day.

I have nothing bad to say about it.
Data Entry Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
Office Clerk/Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 22, 2015
The data entry clerk/indexer must type/enter data from master document supplied into data base format provided on work station by following template on screen. Compared data entered with source documents, or re-entered data into verification format on screen to detect errors; deleted incorrectly entered data, and re-entered correct data. Complied, sorted and verified accuracy of data to be entered as well as maintained records of work completed. Data Entry Clerks/Indexers are typically also responsible for utilizing the scanning software to analyze documents and index the document by typing certain information found on the electronic image into specific fields.
Pros
Lunch 1 hour
Cons
Break time at 15 minutes AM and 15 minutes PM