Federal-Mogul Powertrain Employee Reviews

no time for home life, forced manditory over time, managment favors employees
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WINovember 16, 2017
The work was not difficult but the people made it a terrible place to work. Most seasoned employees worry and complain about others then doing there assigned task. Management will allow certain people to get away with breaking policies but write up others for the same thing. The amount of mandatory over time is ridiculous! Very hard to make time family and social events when working 6/7 days every week for multiple months in a row
Pros
decent wage
i got to do what i wanted
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 13, 2017
it was a good job, not great. hours were different. i worked being a helping clean and throw away boxes. after the Federal-Mogul Job it was time for me to step up and do what really wanted to do in life, which is Computers
Good people
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 8, 2017
Very helpful people, will assist you with a happy face and great disposition. Having a 3 day weekend every other week is a big plus, If you do your job well all is easy
Tough work environment, but rewarding
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 6, 2017
Although the leadership - at the time - was extremely challenging, you felt as if you contributed on a daily basis. Overall, I learned more at Federal-Mogul than I did throughout the balance of my career.
Pros
Challenging but fair work environment
forklift driver
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 3, 2017
Great place to work, team work, company values it's employees. Management is fair and understanding. There are opportunities for overtime. Company is willing to work with team members.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
can be long hours at times
Poor Management
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waupun, WIOctober 25, 2017
The value stream managers and their supervisors manage through intimidation. Very high turnover, health insurance is awful. No one manages safety or HR. A lot of swearing and unprofessionalism in management. They don't even like each other.
horrible place to work due to supervisor level management.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALOctober 24, 2017
you have to suck up or brownnose the supervisor positions to make it anywhere in the plant. however your coworkers other then that is actually worth working with.
Pros
money and benefits
Cons
management sucks
Buen ambiente
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 24, 2017
Que den oportunidades alos empleados de subir de puesto. En un tiempo mas corto y no a tantos años
Pros
Todas los beneficioS
Cons
No hay descanso en mucho tiempo
A roller coaster
Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 23, 2017
Working at FM is a roller coaster.. Some days its just WOW other days your wonder how and why. People are good to work with. Most of them are. Simple way to put it just learn to ride the wave
Pros
benifits
Cons
management
Stressful
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Smithville, TNOctober 23, 2017
Due to plant changing from Aftermarket to OEM parts this was very stressful for management to adapt to the new demands. This put high stress levels on engineers to address issues.
Pros
Lack of work/family balance.
Cons
Management not people orienented.
I enjoyed it but beimg a temporary employ left little room for advancement
Shipping and recieving asociate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALOctober 23, 2017
I spent 4 years as a temp. Would have loved to stay the secomd shift hours were great, loved my temp force boss and my supervisor was nice. Its just with a coming layoff at the jacksonville facility it was tike to find somewhere I could be full time. I was told I had a job limed up and to go ahead and go e notice... That has fallen through so now I'm out of work.
good place to work
Assemby worker (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INOctober 22, 2017
was a good company to work for.. worked as a team member.. although was times I worked alone.. did some qc work. and did some set up work...over all not a bad company to work for
Great boss and great co-workers
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYOctober 22, 2017
Had a great mentor while I was there that opened up my career path to what it is now. Worked with other great people.

Pay was decent for the market before the demand for controls/electrical engineers jumped.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low pay
Fast passed Enviroment
Fork Lift operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALOctober 19, 2017
Drove a fork lift and replenished shelves for pickers to ship out going orders. There was a period where the AC was not working which made working very hard.
safe
Tech 2 Step 6 Set Up (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALOctober 18, 2017
Safe to work so long as you followed guide lines. Little to no home life outside of work. great pay and ability to advance so long as you can perform tasks quickly and keep quality controlled.
Pros
safe, and good money
Cons
no home life outside of work.
Relaxed and enjoyable
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 17, 2017
I liked Federal Mogul's atmosphere but it is a poorly run company. It is mostly controlled by one investor and is entirely driven by his interest and goals.
Pros
Car and Gas Card supplied to employees who need to travel.
Cons
Unstable employment causes large hirings and lay offs with little worning.8
good place to work
Bond Line Operator #2 (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAOctober 16, 2017
Its a fine place to work. Lots of good people to work with. It has diversity which is a good thing. They're reasonable. I am not sure else to say at this time.
not well run
Co-op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALOctober 16, 2017
The management at federal mogul had no plan to teach an engineering co-op how to operate in a work environment. They didn't seem to care whether you worked or not.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAOctober 12, 2017
productive, and peaceful place to work. a workplace full of support, education, and advancement opportunities. Very challenging, but rewarding. it is a great company that love and promote employees wellness.
Pros
Very rewarding company which love to share profits.
Cons
hot place to work
New business coming in all the time
Safety Coordinator/Plant Trainer (Current Employee) –  Smithville, TNOctober 12, 2017
Many opportunity for different types of trading in my role . I enjoy learning and learning new things. I have a great manager, but we have a lot of management overturn in the last year.
Pros
Free water
Cons
Hot on the floor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal-Mogul Powertrain. Our community is ready to answer.