Federal-Mogul Powertrain Employee Reviews

good work place
Make Spark Plug Wire (Former Employee) –  Dumas, ARSeptember 20, 2017
typical day was good to work everybody there have so much love for everybody the management was good to everybody there I just love work for the company it was sad when they close down
Just like any work place, has its pros and cons
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WISeptember 20, 2017
Been at various jobs in the last 20 years including lead person position. Like most factory jobs they have their pros and cons. One pro is job security. One con petty gossip.
Good pay and benefits under a stressful enviroment.
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNSeptember 19, 2017
The pay is excellent and the benefits are wonderful, but there is no job security, your job is threatened every other day. If you give it your all at 100%, you're made to feel as if you've been slacking or you're over paid for what you do. Management is trying to cut cost and spending, which is fine if they didn't stress you out by having your job hang over your head as being in jeopardy every time they feel the need to throw their employees under the bus. Basically they are cutting the small fish out to keep corporate from realizing the have way too many overheads and office positions that are not needed. they should downsize from top to bottom.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
stressful, bad management, no advancement
I was a friendly place to work . my colleagues were friendly and helpful.
Quality Assurance Lab Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Smithville, TNSeptember 18, 2017
It was a good place to work. I really enjoyed working there and i am actually thinking of coming back to federal mogul. I am going to call my manager soon.
Not productive
Quality Engineer-Production (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 16, 2017
At this place I was hired for Quality Engineer and I end up travel weekly to fix manufacturing mistakes or process misalignments at Customer locations. Team support limited or was not existing. Engineering support not existing, Customer complains on going and no time to answer on proper way to 8D. Process Engineers were not technical qualified; manufacturing Engineer position did not exist.
very productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 15, 2017
on a regular day of work is would be very stressfull, management sucked we was always moving from one department to another management did not take the resposibility that they should take when it come to certain things being done,
Pros
free lunches
Cons
heakthcare
federal mogul
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, INSeptember 13, 2017
i didnt like working here due too poor managment and lack of pay. i operated a press on daily and worked a lot of overtime. a lot of the time they were 12 hour shifts
Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 5, 2017
Little training. Expect to be unappreciated and accused of poor performance on a regular basis. The norm for team meetings is a beat-down. Although at first it seems laid-back, the reality is the total opposite.
Pros
Pay and benefits are higher than norm.
Cons
Management is petty and discouraging.
A fair job with some benifits
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Lake City, MNSeptember 2, 2017
Make engine sleeves for John Deere. I run a Hessapp vertical lathe and finish turn sleeves and run a nagel hone and finish hone sleeves.
The hardest part is they're made out of cgi iron which is very hard.
Pros
Pay check
excellent place to work
Mold Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Summerton, SCSeptember 1, 2017
good place to work.training was easy,job was easy.management and co-workers were nice and very helpful.was going to work there until i retire,but plant closed.
Federal Mogul was a dependable employer that made it possible to provide for my family.
Member (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INAugust 31, 2017
The culture at Federal Mogul was very stressful. There was constant management changes. The amount of production expected was an unreachable amount on most occasions.
Pros
Good pay, dependable hours
Cons
Bad management communication
Good job
worker (Former Employee) –  Bahadurgarh patialaAugust 31, 2017
Learn about pistons of vehicles very interesting work esic facility available salary direct comes in bank account and there is no salary difference of new employee and old employee.
Pros
very less rate of lunch
Cons
Tea break and health care
It is a great place to work
Selenium Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 29, 2017
They offer end-to-end innovative and leading edge solutions to help corporations leverage technologies, outperform their competition and acquire sustainable growth. We have proven capabilities in new and emerging technologies and extensive experience across a broad range of industries and domains which enable us to deliver world-class, secure, scalable and reliable business systems.
Working with Old Children
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAAugust 27, 2017
Worst job I've ever had! horrible crooked Union, tier system with unfair pay, juvenile acting old folks that should know better! The Union continues to take away from the people coming through the door, there's probably five tears now ,with the cutbacks in benefits and pay. The new people soon will work at Federal-Mogul Blacksburg and make minimum wage! Just a horrible work environment! They can work you 84 hours a week, for months at a time! Hate that place to this day. I worked there 5 years, it sucked!
Pros
They fired the worst supervisor in material prep
Cons
Tier system, Pay, Union, benefits, job security, management
Willing to train and help us employees grow
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg South CarolinaAugust 24, 2017
Federal-Mogul was a great place to work in office and offered its employees room to grow and develop the skills and different departments and learn how to work on more than one machine at a time so I would recommend anyone to work at Federal-Mogul
Pros
To help from the supervisor if and when is it needed sometimes the long hours
Management is terrible
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALAugust 22, 2017
While I was working there (6 years) we went through three different plant managers. They like putting blame on people who isn't in control of outcome. Many people higher up are very immature and are only looking for what is in their best interest. They do on a regular basis get supervisors from all other departments to "spy" on workers, so to say, I would not recommend anyone to seek employment here unless it is necessary.
Pros
Very Little
Cons
Just About Everything.
federal mogul poorly managed a simple temporary issue permanently
Electrician / Millwright (Former Employee) –  Burlington, IAAugust 20, 2017
i was having temporary horrific personal issues that while under the care of a medical physician temporarily effected my performance. i felt hr and joe huff handle all maters immature and unprofessionally that in-which was poorly handled by my boss joe huff in addition to hr personnel .
Pros
work
Cons
no humanity
Great people to work with.
Quality and Safety Systems Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maysville, KYAugust 19, 2017
I spent 30 years with the company and consider the people there family. Love them all but unfortunately the facility is closing. Overall the company cares a lot about it's people and try's hard to treat them well.
Pros
Great people, culture and work environment.
Cons
Facility is closing
Keystone CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIAugust 18, 2017
Busy work day, constantly moving, and I learned to use measuring devices. Management could get a little more involved with employees, Hardest Part of the job was how many hows to work in a day, the most enjoyable part of my day was producing good product and co-workers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
working for federal mogul
piston inspector (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 17, 2017
I learned a lot about pistons since I've been employed here. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people who care about their jobs. Its a great place to work but there are always room for improvements.
Pros
good management
Cons
better communication skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal-Mogul Powertrain. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval