Federal Communications Commission Employee Reviews

Good place to intern.
Economics Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2017
Good, laid-back place to intern with exposure to some technology and data analysis work. Generally easygoing management who allow flexible schedules. Unpaid internship.
This is a challenging work environment.
Program Analyst and paralegal (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2017
Excellent place to work and develop a solid career path.
Great staff to work with - dedicated professional engineers and staff attorneys. Very diverse employee population overall.
Pros
solid career path; telecommuter friendly.
Cons
workload levels fluctuate frequently.
productive
Management & Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 17, 2017
I'm able to learn different skills to be a key factor at my employment. My days are not only productive but calm and inviting. I enjoy my peers and appreciate all the advice and knowledge they provide.
Very manageable work schedule
Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau Extern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2017
Typical day involved lots of paperwork and research, many interactions within departments. Learned a lot about very technical aspects of communications.
Program Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 27, 2017
I enjoyed my 32 years with the FCC. I held every position from receptionist to office manager. I had great benefits and job security until it was decided that the office would close.
Pros
Having a variety of things to do.
Cons
The clerical staff was not treated as well (with pay) as the Agents.
Agency Life
Analyst and Mediation Specialist GS-301 (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 19, 2017
I have worked at the agency for over 15 years. I took advantage of the various advancement opportunities and I love the family style work environment.
Pros
Location, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Lack of parking
Excellent summer internship
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2017
The Federal Communications Commission regulates interstate and international communications by radio, television, wire, satellite and cable in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and U.S. territories. An independent U.S. government agency overseen by Congress, the commission is the United States' primary authority for communications law, regulation and technological innovation. In its work facing economic opportunities and challenges associated with rapidly evolving advances in global communications, the agency capitalizes on its competencies in:

Promoting competition, innovation and investment in broadband services and facilities
Supporting the nation's economy by ensuring an appropriate competitive framework for the unfolding of the communications revolution
Encouraging the highest and best use of spectrum domestically and internationally
Revising media regulations so that new technologies flourish alongside diversity and localism
Providing leadership in strengthening the defense of the nation's communications infrastructure
Under Trump??? Who would go work for the government now?
Editorial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2017
I worked there a hundred year's ago. I have no relevant knowledge about this company or the CEO, or the culture. It seemed like a nice place to work, as I recall. The office was nice, the people were respectful and hard-working. Very professional atmosphere.
Poor skills in problem solving
Student Trainee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 11, 2017
This company does not have methods to diffuse and or rectify certain situations. This companies policy only applies to some not all. Also, they keep promoting individuals who are not qualified.
Great work enviroment
Executive Administrative Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2017
Everything is great here, people are so friendly. This is a great work environment for those people who love a fresh and professional atmosphere. I do not have any complaints.
Intern
Cybersecurity Communications Reliability Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 3, 2017
I am a legal intern that just started in January. The culture is acceptable for an intern, and the work product is challenging. Overall the work experience was acceptable
Great
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 15, 2016
Great workplace at the Federal Communications Commission in Washington, DC with a lot of interesting telecommunication matters to review and great people.
Great Environment
Help Desk Specialist - Federal Contractor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 9, 2016
I would work for the FCC again. The staff and leadership were top notch. I recommend this employer. The learning experience was great.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Fcc
Electronic Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2016
It is a great place to work and I have enjoyed working for the FCC nearly 26 yrs. Jobs are interesting with different cases each time so I have learned a lot throughout the years. The people are great and I have got along with most of them. I have a chance to deal with public and this is my favorite part as I want to serve the public. Thanks for reading my post.
Productive and fun work place
file clerk (Current Employee) –  Washinton, DCAugust 17, 2015
The pay is great and is a great work enviroment. Management is very easy going and hours are very flexible. You learn to work in groups as well as work by yourself. Co-workers are very friendly.
Productive day in the Office
Office Automation Clerk, GS (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2015
My day is never dull. I assist many callers throughout the day as well as escorting guests to their meetings. l also assist any of my colleagues who require my assistance. I have many mentors who help steer me into the correct path and truly value their advice.
Pros
Gaining knowledge from Mentors, Flexible schedule
Productive Office in enforcement efforts
Compliance Specialist - Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2015
Worked with dedicated federal employees who served the public. Position eliminated due to budget cuts and closing of office in the Tampa area.
Summer hours.
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 9, 2015
I worked as support for the summer at the FCC. I was there for only one summer as I had completed the course intended. The break rooms were clean, all management was kind and respectful.
Want something more....
Student Intern (Pathways Internship Program) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2015
A typical day is coming in checking my email, printing out agenda's for the meetings for the day, answering phones, filing, copying, and setting up meetings. I've learned to prepare manuals and various booklets needed for the bureau. My co-workers are pleasure to work with. The recent Chief of Staff isn't really the best I've had since I've been working here. They should have HR training when they are in those positions to learn how to talk to people. I would say learning how to do travel. The more enjoyable part of my job is they work around my school schedule.
Pros
They work around my school schedule and understanding about taking time off.
Cons
Not being a permanent employee and no benefits.
typical government environment
Human Resources Assistant/Secretary (Current Employee) –  washington, dcApril 7, 2015
Decent culture but not a lot of job advancement although highly qualified. Employees frustration cause for lack of initiative and drive. Those who are "non-attorneys" are deemed "unqualified" and stuck in Administrative roles although given assignments such as legal research, drafting FOIA responses etc.