Federal Communications Commission

Federal Communications Commission Employer Reviews

My FCC Life
EA to sR Legal Advisor to Chairman Michael Powell (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: the learning experience
Cons: government can be challenging
*My typical day mostly involved scheduling meetings. By boss was in constant meetings. I also booked a lot of travel for him.

*I learned how to be an EA. It started my career and I'm very grateful for that.

*The management was great. I had an amazing boss, who I still am in touch with.

*My coworkers were smart, funny and great mentors to me.

*The hardest part of the job was navigating the extensive amount of scheduling. It was my first real EA job, so it taught me.

*The best part of the job was seeing how the FCC works and how much is involved in writing laws.
learned a lot about computers and office protocol
Information Tech/Federal contractor (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great pay, benefits, free food, bonuses
Cons: could not get a government job even though i was proficient in many jobs i applied for
great place to work and would have loved to retire from the government but circumstances resulted in lack of funding for the next contract
workplace
Student Trainee Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: i learned alot from the managment team
Cons: that i could not stay
I loved working here i got to meet some really great people that became my friend for life they were some very helpful co-worker when i needed help with something we all worked as a team
Great place for long term career
Network Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 28, 2014
This place was very diverse, fun and family atmosphere. Many areas to learn.

Long hours, but fair with the comp time. Contractor friendly.
Great Workplace
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 15, 2013
We were a helpful source in facilities with the FCC building
Working hard or hardly working
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAAugust 16, 2012
Never knew what to expect. Somedays you couldn't stay off the phone with customers and other days you couldn't wait for a phone call.
Government agency committed to providing work life balance for employees
Learning Management Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 25, 2012
Pros: salary, hours, benefits
Cons: advancement not always available
Inter acted with agency staff to resolve on-line university glitches. Provided training to staff members on use of the system, updated courses, interacted with management and vendors to vet course being offered to our agency staff. Conduct various trainings through out the year.
Very professional enviroment to work !!!
Bi-Lingual Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAMay 1, 2012
I loved working in the customer service position because I like guiding and helping customers. Enjoyed learning different communication techniques and build patience. I loved that I had my own space at work. They were so professional overall.
Productive work environmant with positivity
Admin/Staff Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 20, 2012
Pros: payed lunch time great benefits
Cons: n/a
Worked for the agency for five years, have experience on telecommunications, clerical/administrative enviorment
Pleasant place to work
Customer Service - Starting (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAMarch 19, 2012
Pros: very high security
Atmosphere was nice to work in, Layout of building was big with different offices in one location. Very secure and strict regulations on security and work relations.