Federal Communications Commission Employee Reviews

Great
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 15, 2016
Great workplace at the Federal Communications Commission in Washington, DC with a lot of interesting telecommunication matters to review and great people.
Great Environment
Help Desk Specialist - Federal Contractor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 9, 2016
I would work for the FCC again. The staff and leadership were top notch. I recommend this employer. The learning experience was great.
Pros
Flexible Hours
My FCC Life
EA to sR Legal Advisor to Chairman Michael Powell (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 13, 2015
*My typical day mostly involved scheduling meetings. By boss was in constant meetings. I also booked a lot of travel for him.

*I learned how to be an EA. It started my career and I'm very grateful for that.

*The management was great. I had an amazing boss, who I still am in touch with.

*My coworkers were smart, funny and great mentors to me.

*The hardest part of the job was navigating the extensive amount of scheduling. It was my first real EA job, so it taught me.

*The best part of the job was seeing how the FCC works and how much is involved in writing laws.
Pros
The learning experience
Cons
Government can be challenging
Government agency committed to providing work life balance for employees
Learning Management Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 25, 2012
Inter acted with agency staff to resolve on-line university glitches. Provided training to staff members on use of the system, updated courses, interacted with management and vendors to vet course being offered to our agency staff. Conduct various trainings through out the year.
Pros
salary, hours, benefits
Cons
advancement not always available
Fcc
Electronic Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2016
It is a great place to work and I have enjoyed working for the FCC nearly 26 yrs. Jobs are interesting with different cases each time so I have learned a lot throughout the years. The people are great and I have got along with most of them. I have a chance to deal with public and this is my favorite part as I want to serve the public. Thanks for reading my post.
typical government environment
Human Resources Assistant/Secretary (Current Employee) –  washington, dcApril 7, 2015
Decent culture but not a lot of job advancement although highly qualified. Employees frustration cause for lack of initiative and drive. Those who are "non-attorneys" are deemed "unqualified" and stuck in Administrative roles although given assignments such as legal research, drafting FOIA responses etc.
Want something more....
Student Intern (Pathways Internship Program) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2015
A typical day is coming in checking my email, printing out agenda's for the meetings for the day, answering phones, filing, copying, and setting up meetings. I've learned to prepare manuals and various booklets needed for the bureau. My co-workers are pleasure to work with. The recent Chief of Staff isn't really the best I've had since I've been working here. They should have HR training when they are in those positions to learn how to talk to people. I would say learning how to do travel. The more enjoyable part of my job is they work around my school schedule.
Pros
They work around my school schedule and understanding about taking time off.
Cons
Not being a permanent employee and no benefits.
Productive and fun work place
file clerk (Current Employee) –  Washinton, DCAugust 17, 2015
The pay is great and is a great work enviroment. Management is very easy going and hours are very flexible. You learn to work in groups as well as work by yourself. Co-workers are very friendly.
Summer hours.
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 9, 2015
I worked as support for the summer at the FCC. I was there for only one summer as I had completed the course intended. The break rooms were clean, all management was kind and respectful.
learned a lot about computers and office protocol
Information Tech/Federal contractor (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAFebruary 9, 2015
great place to work and would have loved to retire from the government but circumstances resulted in lack of funding for the next contract
Pros
great pay, benefits, free food, bonuses
Cons
could not get a government job even though I was proficient in many jobs I applied for

Want to know more about Federal Communications Commission?

Ask a question
Bilingual Call Center
Bilingual Information Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAMarch 3, 2015
 Bilingual customer services, assisted clients with the installation, and configuration of television converter boxes.
 Conferred with customers by telephone, to provide information about products, and services and to obtain details of complaints.
 Recorded customer interactions and transactions, documented details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
 Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
 Referred customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation
Productive day in the Office
Office Automation Clerk, GS (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2015
My day is never dull. I assist many callers throughout the day as well as escorting guests to their meetings. l also assist any of my colleagues who require my assistance. I have many mentors who help steer me into the correct path and truly value their advice.
Pros
Gaining knowledge from Mentors, Flexible schedule
Productive work environmant with positivity
Admin/Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2012
Worked for the agency for five years, have experience on telecommunications, clerical/administrative enviorment
Pros
payed lunch time great benefits
Cons
n/a
Great place for long term career
Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2014
This place was very diverse, fun and family atmosphere. Many areas to learn.

Long hours, but fair with the comp time. Contractor friendly.
Productive Office in enforcement efforts
Compliance Specialist - Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2015
Worked with dedicated federal employees who served the public. Position eliminated due to budget cuts and closing of office in the Tampa area.
workplace
Student Trainee Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2015
I loved working here i got to meet some really great people that became my friend for life they were some very helpful co-worker when i needed help with something we all worked as a team
Pros
I learned alot from the managment team
Cons
that i could not stay
Very professional enviroment to work !!!
Bi-Lingual Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAMay 1, 2012
I loved working in the customer service position because I like guiding and helping customers. Enjoyed learning different communication techniques and build patience. I loved that I had my own space at work. They were so professional overall.
Pleasant place to work
Customer Service - Starting (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAMarch 19, 2012
Atmosphere was nice to work in, Layout of building was big with different offices in one location. Very secure and strict regulations on security and work relations.
Pros
very high security
Working hard or hardly working
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAAugust 16, 2012
Never knew what to expect. Somedays you couldn't stay off the phone with customers and other days you couldn't wait for a phone call.
Enjoyed my job
Buyers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ArkansasMay 13, 2013
I enjoyed the people I worked and loved the job. They were very good at making sure you had the best training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal Communications Commission. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3