Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work for!
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2015
Opportunities were fantastic during the bank failure period. Positions were eliminated due to work load decrease. Would love the opportunity to resume employment with this agency!
Pros
Great Benefits / Salary
Cons
Temporary work ended
Excellent
Sr. Corporate Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Great company to work for excellent benefits and compensation that provided advancement and the opportunity to take on management positions.
Ultimate Work/Life Balance & Benefits
Oversight Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2012
The FDIC is a great place to work, especially if you value work/life balance and a great benefits package above all else. There are many great financial professionals working there from all over the country. The most enjoyable part of the job is fulfilling your duty as designated in the FDIC mission statement: to maintain stability and public confidence in the nation's financial system by:
insuring deposits,
examining and supervising financial institutions for safety and soundness and consumer protection, and
managing receiverships.
Productive Work Environment
Wintel/VMware Senior Systems Admin/Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 11, 2012
Develop and support corporate applications targeted at supporting direct and indirect project work. Responsible for planning, deployment, operation, and maintenance of multiple systems. Works with multiple project teams towards the goal of making communication and collaboration seamless while also optimizing corporate processes. Maintain operating system and utility software on multiple network computer platforms (Windows NT/2000/2003 domain, SQL, tape backup, Active Directory, Group Policy, IIS, Citrix, servers, etc.) by analyzing, designing, installing, scripting, testing and documenting new operating system, program utilities and hardware. Commitment to deadlines and willingness to meet the needs of a 24x7 environment.
Pros
learn various job functions
benefits
Detailed research done before financial institution's liquidation activities
Specialist Pro Forma Support HQ Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 3, 2013
Always a team effort/input from various areas - legal/financial/I T etc
Long productive hours for benefit of communities that had financial institutions that failed. Traveled to various states. Met with people from all walks of life
Pros
worked with professional from various professions attorneys, appraisers, accountants, bank presidents and vice presidents.
Cons
n/a
Great Place to Work
Financial Institution Specialist (IL) (Current Employee) –  Princeton, ILSeptember 21, 2015
The FDIC is a great place to work with a very important mission. Great people, experience, and working environment. I was given many advancement opportunities.
Productive place to work
Resolutions and Receiverships Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 28, 2012
Great benefits and excellent compensation. Lots of opportunity to grow and learn.
Pros
compensation
Cons
no maturnity leave
Very productive
Resolutions & Receiverships Specialist - CG-13 (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2012
Extremely productive due to Case review and numerous special projects.

Implementing new course materials for classes that I am instructing and/or co-instructing.
Pros
terrific benefits
Cons
term contract
Noble profession.
IT Examination Analyst (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 9, 2012
My skills match the job so well. Great place to work. Good benefits.
benefits
Good work and smart colleagues. No room to advance
Counsel (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 17, 2014
The work is relevant and high profile. My colleagues are very intelligent and experienced. The hardest part of the job is the prospect for advancement. A lot of employees are older and biding their time until retirement. The younger employees do most of the day to day work.
Pros
challenging work, great cafeteria, smart collegaues, balance
Cons
slow decision making, politics, lack of permanent positions (most new hires are terms)
Excellence in personal developement
Audit, Fraud, Resolution & Receivership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 7, 2015
Best place for personal growth.

It not the day to day doldrums, everyday is a new game day.

Best career if you elect to follow the path to success.
Pros
road warrior
Cons
road warrior
Important work for the public good that gives me personal satisfaction.
Manager - Contracts and Leases Unit (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2013
Review loan pools for oversight structure, credit management policies and procedures perform risk mitigation analysis. Proficient at creating and analyzing proformas, CAP Rates, ROI, ROA, IRR, Discounted Cash Flow, Book Values GAAP reviews, Debt Service Coverage Ratios (DSCR), vacancy and absorption calculations and general business expertise.
Sitting Voting Member on Credit Review Committee (CRC 1) hearing cases and approving authority on offers in compromise, asset sales, write offs, litigation strategy, loss mitigation analysis.
In 2010 I liquidated/dissolved and retired in excess of $650 million dollars of debt to the FDIC as Receiver. In addition I up streamed an additional $200 million dollars of dividends to the FDIC as Receiver through my various Account Officer assignments. Liquidation types include Single Family Residential, Condominiums, Commercial, Industrial, Developed and Vacant Real Estate, Securities, multiple on-going Business Entities.
Pros
i enjoy the work.
Cons
office will be closing.
Top Fed Agency In Which to Work
Oversight/Anchor Attorney (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX, Jacksonville, FLMay 8, 2012
Was given responsibility to handle the legal issues at 3 failed bank receiverships "on-site" simultaneously, plus other receivership issues which had effectively closed, but still had legal issues to be addressed. When receiverships were extinguished because of "business model" changes in FDIC sales of the failed banks to healthy banks, my job as an Oversight Attorney was extinguished, as well, with four months left on my contract. I was assigned to the FDIC Satellite Office in Jacksonville for those remaining months, in which I was able to learn how the Legal Department worked "on the inside". My contract expired on May 9, 2011.
Pros
working in the field, mgmt gave me a lot of latitude, in legal decision-making, such as in foreclosures, loan workouts & modifications
Cons
"leash" is a little shorter working, "on the inside"
Excellent agency to develop additional skills.
(Investigations Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2013
I truly enjoy working for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). It has been a remarkable journey learning the closing process of failed financial institutions. My current role along with my multiple years of banking experience provides me a well-rounded perspective of the financial industry.

I am so fortunate to have been extended the opportunity to be employed with FDIC and also to have been a part of the team that assisted with stabilizing the current financial crisis.
Pros
investigations is truly a unique and exciting field.
Cons
this is a term position.
A Multi-Year Assignment that was Very Interesting Work!
Resolutions & Receivership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 9, 2014
I have nothing but great things to say about working for the FDIC. The work in our ORE dept at the temporary Irvine CA office included an array of services & projects dominated by 1) staffing & completing numerous out of state bank receivership events and 2) while back in the office we reviewed and approved the sales contracts for the failed bank ORE we liquidated. I completed 23 jobs in 13 states with 0 missed meetings or flights. I enjoyed working with my co-workers both in the office and at the out of state projects. The travel was enjoyable for me. The need for our services was well known to be a temporary project. The FDIC was kind enough to give us an 11 month "heads up" that the office would be closing. Our Irvine office was open for about 3 years and I was fortunate to be there for 33 months. Most of the employees were not retained for additional work as the primary task of dealing with failed banks was successfully completed. I am still in touch with my FDIC manager and many prior co-workers.
Pros
nice co-workers, great office facility & travel, and interesting work.
Cons
not many - good experience for me
Third Time Around
Resolutions and Receivership Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2014
This is my third time to work for the FDIC. The work is fulfilling knowing that you are helping the countries economic standard. The thing I like most about the FDIC is the people I work with. They are without a doubt the most helpful, happy people you could ever meet.
Pros
the flexible hours we are allowed to work
Cons
the fact that it is not a permanent position, after 12 years i am still considered a term appointee
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 7, 2013
Enjoyed and had the opportunity to show my skills and ability at this location.
Excellent Employer
Resolutions & Receivership Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Outstanding group to work for. Rated the best government agency for two years in a row.
Pros
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). Our community is ready to answer.

4.4