Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Employer Reviews

FDIC
Resolution and Receivership Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2014
Pros: family friendly
Cons: politics
A typical company with office politics. Overall it was a good experience.
Work Environment
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: training, flexible work hours, health benefits
Cons: being separated from my family
The FDIC has been my favorite place to work. The people are helpful and very knowledgeable in all aspects of the banking industry. In the Customer Service Department, I worked with people who had knowledge of the banking industry and those who did not.

Working with those who did not know the banking industry allowed me to impart my knowledge of the – more... lending industry and show my co-workers how to determine the proper chain of title prior to any lien releases. We also forwarded calls to the appropriate departments who were better able to assist customers with other types of call.

The hardest part of the job was learning the various acronyms and the computer programs necessary to get the job done. The Jacksonville office was a satellite office with a short time frame to be up and running. We met the deadline and were open for business on time.

The most enjoyable part of that particular job was the satisfaction I got from being able to assist a customer with their particular issue. The thanks from them made it all worth it. – less
Excellent Opportunity
Senior Management Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2014
Pros: management was wonderful
Cons: it is extremely difficult to obtain a full time position.
My day consisted of providing Senior Management with Administrative Assistance along with providing technical support to 20 Account Officers and conducted timely research on Subsidiary Assets.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with the specialists and other technicians. The hardest part of my job was when the job ended due to the office closure.

Would – more... I work for them again if the opportunity arose; ABSOLUTELY. – less
Great place to work with great benefits
Contract Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, vaAugust 20, 2014
Pros: bonuses every quarter based on performance, work life balance, and telework option
Cons: traffic from fredericksburg to the dc metro area
A typical day in the office is everyone comes in and says good morning to one another, we get a run down of what is on the agenda for the day, and we begin to work. We work as a team to help each other out on any tasks or questions that we may have that we do not know the answer to, but someone else on the team will. Everyone gets along great in my – more... section, that is why it is so easy to come into work each and every day. – less
Worked with intelligent individuals who put forth great efforts to complete the corporations mission.
Resolutions and receiverships Specialist ORE (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2014
I worked with some very intelligent people who made great efforts to accomplish the corporate goal. The position required long hours and weekends but the compensation made the 80 hour weeks acceptable. The diversity of personnel in the office made it possible to hone one's own skills and grow in other areas.

The downside was that when they shut down – more... the office of 350 people no preference was given to employees who had worked for over four years for like positions at other offices. – less
Level of productivity is determined by the output.
Student Intern (Current Employee), Headquarters, Washington DCJuly 3, 2014
Pros: free gym activities
Cons: short lunch
Begin my days work at 7:30 am, I am one of the first people at the Office, Most people start their day around 8:00 am. It could be a good day depending on some of the employees mood, however I do not allow another person's mood to determine how I am going to make the best out of my day. My Supervisor is easy to get along with and very approachable. – more... The office can be a very challenging place to work, but you have to decide how it will sway your day. – less
Good agency to work for
Policy Analyst, Office of International Affairs (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 29, 2014
Good pay, security, and environment. Management is strong and the work is interesting. Co-workers have great experience and the FDIC is a collegial environment.
Great Work-life balance and friendly environment
Intern (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJune 17, 2014
The FDIC is a great place to work as reported by many reviews, it is the best government agency to work for. The workload was always relaxed with reasonable deadlines. The only problem was that management at time seemed unorganized
Quality work environment with specific responsibility for meeting/surpassing time requirements
Manager, Resolutions & Receiverships (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Manage closed bank operations including managing loan portfolios with responsibility for verifying collateral securing loans. Conduct field audits with vendors working loan portfolios including equipment audits.

Have decided to find new employment at this point in time. Very experienced in conducting automotive and equipment field audits requiring – more... strong communication with dealer principals and senior management at dealerships. – less
Never a dull moment
MAIL LEADER, MAIL CLERK - WILLSHIRE & ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 3, 2014
Pros: more easy going days with just enough work
Cons: contract employee no job security
Always something to do.
Very busy and fun
Friendly co-workers
Lots of support
Easy to learn skills
Great adventure, and rewarding duty
Resolution & Receivership Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 30, 2014
Was very different than normal private sector positions, extreme amount of travel (170 nights on road) but was very rewarding.
A professional culture with a concern for it employees
Resolutions & Receiverships Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 5, 2014
It is one the top Federal agencies to work for and covers a broad array of facets dealing with government contracting and aquisition of goods and services.
Interesting Position
Bank Liquidation Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 11, 2014
Pros: per diem and travel expenses paid
Cons: long hours
Learning about the banking industry was very rewarding and informative.
What a Ride
Receivership and Risk Mitigation Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: travel
Great challenges, great people, and great mission. Travel offered great opportunity to see and visit some fantastic places.
A productive and and caring environment
Student intern (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: flexible with school schedule
A great place to work. I work with a great team. They are all honest individuals and all strive to do their part to add value to the corporation.
Best Place to Work in Federal Govt
Asset Manager, Resolutions & Receiverships (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: great :learning experience
Positive Experience.Great group. Co-Worker were incredible.
works with teams
Budget Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: n/a
I work in an independent / team environment. All work is performed independently but we collaborate daily for improving processes and sharing information.
FDIC Review Summary
Risk Share Asset Management (Current Employee), Jacksonville FLDecember 3, 2013
Pros: diverse projects and opportunities
Cons: decision making process
It has been a tremendous opportunity to work with a company and be a part of the evolving resolution strategies that were needed to protect the banking sector during the financial crises.

Unfortunately, as our economy improves the need for our office has declined and will close April of 2014.
Productuve
Field Office Loan Review Specialist (Former Employee), Mjssion Viejo, CANovember 11, 2013
Pros: good benefits, good management
ExcellentBanking Regulatory experience for Safety & Soundeness of FDIC member banks.
FDIC critical work for the banking industry.
Deposit Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 26, 2013
Fulfulling work that has led me to a greater appreciation for the regulatory needs of the financial industry.
My skills have helped me succeed within this environment.
I have been able to create new automate ways of doing things and seeing immediate results.
Having had this experience, my belief is that any financial firm will benefit from what I have – more... learned. – less

1 2 3 4