Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Employee Reviews

Very diversified job
Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 23, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: 50% travel
Travelling to the Wisconsin and local Illinois remote offices was challenging. People were awesome and appreciated the personal touch.

Great place to work.
Amazing Place to Work
Student Intern (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2015
I love working every day that i am here. Being here is not like any other job, I dont think i have ever complained about coming in here for work. I love the people and the atmosphere. Great pay, benefits are amazing, too.
Extremely well managed company.
Senior Attorney (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2015
The organization is a well managed organization that manufactures heavy trucks. The demands are great but it is a very good organization to work.
Great Work Enviorment
Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 17, 2015
I was an intern here and so mad that i am no longer there. I am currently back in school and definitely trying to get back in good graces with FDIC again.
FDIC DRR
FDIC Contractor (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 6, 2015
Great experience and room for advancement within the contracting companies. The work was consistent and the travel was rewarding.
overall great place to work
DRR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, environment, location
Cons: hard to get a permanent positions here
great benefits/excellent pay/excellent work environment
Great Company to work for
Liquidation Technician (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJanuary 5, 2015
What a great company to work for. It was my first job in the U.S. and I was so excited to learn as much as I could. They taught me the foreclosure process and I also learned the accounts payable and receivable of property management. I met a lot of employees from all over the U.S. as they were assigned to Alaska during the failure of several large banks. It was a very interesting training experience.
FDIC
Resolution and Receivership Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2014
Pros: family friendly
Cons: politics
A typical company with office politics. Overall it was a good experience.
Well funded and good benefits.
Supervisory IT Specialist (Former Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 30, 2014
Employees challenged by internal politics but the benefits keep people coming back.
Work Environment
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: training, flexible work hours, health benefits
Cons: being separated from my family
The FDIC has been my favorite place to work. The people are helpful and very knowledgeable in all aspects of the banking industry. In the Customer Service Department, I worked with people who had knowledge of the banking industry and those who did not.

Working with those who did not know the banking industry allowed me to impart my knowledge of the lending industry and show my co-workers how to determine the proper chain of title prior to any lien releases. We also forwarded calls to the appropriate departments who were better able to assist customers with other types of call.

The hardest part of the job was learning the various acronyms and the computer programs necessary to get the job done. The Jacksonville office was a satellite office with a short time frame to be up and running. We met the deadline and were open for business on time.

The most enjoyable part of that particular job was the satisfaction I got from being able to assist a customer with their particular issue. The thanks from them made it all worth it.
Excellent Opportunity
Senior Management Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2014
Pros: management was wonderful
Cons: it is extremely difficult to obtain a full time position.
My day consisted of providing Senior Management with Administrative Assistance along with providing technical support to 20 Account Officers and conducted timely research on Subsidiary Assets.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with the specialists and other technicians. The hardest part of my job was when the job ended due to the office closure.

Would I work for them again if the opportunity arose; ABSOLUTELY.
Great place to work with great benefits
Contract Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, vaAugust 20, 2014
Pros: bonuses every quarter based on performance, work life balance, and telework option
Cons: traffic from fredericksburg to the dc metro area
A typical day in the office is everyone comes in and says good morning to one another, we get a run down of what is on the agenda for the day, and we begin to work. We work as a team to help each other out on any tasks or questions that we may have that we do not know the answer to, but someone else on the team will. Everyone gets along great in my section, that is why it is so easy to come into work each and every day.
Worked with intelligent individuals who put forth great efforts to complete the corporations mission.
Resolutions and receiverships Specialist ORE (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2014
I worked with some very intelligent people who made great efforts to accomplish the corporate goal. The position required long hours and weekends but the compensation made the 80 hour weeks acceptable. The diversity of personnel in the office made it possible to hone one's own skills and grow in other areas.

The downside was that when they shut down the office of 350 people no preference was given to employees who had worked for over four years for like positions at other offices.
Level of productivity is determined by the output.
Student Intern (Current Employee), Headquarters, Washington DCJuly 3, 2014
Pros: free gym activities
Cons: short lunch
Begin my days work at 7:30 am, I am one of the first people at the Office, Most people start their day around 8:00 am. It could be a good day depending on some of the employees mood, however I do not allow another person's mood to determine how I am going to make the best out of my day. My Supervisor is easy to get along with and very approachable. The office can be a very challenging place to work, but you have to decide how it will sway your day.
Good agency to work for
Policy Analyst, Office of International Affairs (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 29, 2014
Good pay, security, and environment. Management is strong and the work is interesting. Co-workers have great experience and the FDIC is a collegial environment.
Great Work-life balance and friendly environment
Intern (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJune 17, 2014
The FDIC is a great place to work as reported by many reviews, it is the best government agency to work for. The workload was always relaxed with reasonable deadlines. The only problem was that management at time seemed unorganized
Quality work environment with specific responsibility for meeting/surpassing time requirements
Manager, Resolutions & Receiverships (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Manage closed bank operations including managing loan portfolios with responsibility for verifying collateral securing loans. Conduct field audits with vendors working loan portfolios including equipment audits.

Have decided to find new employment at this point in time. Very experienced in conducting automotive and equipment field audits requiring strong communication with dealer principals and senior management at dealerships.
Never a dull moment
MAIL LEADER, MAIL CLERK - WILLSHIRE & ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 3, 2014
Pros: more easy going days with just enough work
Cons: contract employee no job security
Always something to do.
Very busy and fun
Friendly co-workers
Lots of support
Easy to learn skills
Great adventure, and rewarding duty
Resolution & Receivership Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 30, 2014
Was very different than normal private sector positions, extreme amount of travel (170 nights on road) but was very rewarding.
A professional culture with a concern for it employees
Resolutions & Receiverships Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 5, 2014
It is one the top Federal agencies to work for and covers a broad array of facets dealing with government contracting and aquisition of goods and services.

1 2 3 4