Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Agency is recommended for interns seeking long term career.
CONTRACT OVERSIGHT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dalla, TexasNovember 3, 2015
Important public service agency with great co-workers.

Opportunity to advance within 3-4 years.

Relocation to advance may be required.

Educated workforce--not your typical government agency.

Actually a quasi-agency set up in the depression to insure banks and liquidate those who fail.

Interesting and challenging work.
Lots of travel
Confidential (Former Employee) –  ConfidentialFebruary 5, 2016
If you enjoy travelling and learning a lot, I highly recommend seeking federal employment with the FDIC. You will become an expert at analyzing the overall risk of a bank pretty quickly.
Productive and rewarding workplace.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILSeptember 27, 2015
A typical work day consist of typing on the computer all day. Management was normal. My co-workers were great and I made several friends. The hardest part of the job was when we moved to another city further away from home so the traveling to and from work was stressful as well as lengthy, but I would work there again if given the opportunity. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work that I did because I enjoyed what I do and the people that became my friends.
For the most part I enjoyed by position with the FDIC. I would recommend the company to others.
Compliance Examiner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta RegionAugust 14, 2015
The job entailed an enormous amount of travel which I enjoyed. The hardest part of the job for me was completing the on-site examinations while also preparing for and passing the CRCM exam. The company did not have a standard set of study material for passing the exam and enough time was not allotted for preparation. It was very easy to lose a healthy work/life balance with this job.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Great expectations and weakness in leadership to maintain the expectations.
Organized, Outgoing and Outstanding work
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2015
Typical day; I greet my supervisors and co- workers. I begin by looking at his calendar to see what's on the agenda today. I make sure he has all meeting materials as well as make sure all meetings are still in process. His employees come to me with any needs that they have such as ordering supplies, timecards, giving access to different networks/systems. The most enjoyable part is that I’m helping others and learning at the same time.
Very positive atmosphere.
Resolutions & Receiverships Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2015
Very good work environment. The benefits are excellent. The co-workers were cordial toward each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was the birthday social gatherings.
Financial Institution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 19, 2015
Lots of travel, but training program is excellent. Every day is different. Management is very good. The hardest part of the job is the travel.
Fun
Contract Specialist Student Trainee (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 22, 2015
FDIC is one of the best places to work in the Federal Government. Great envirionment. The pay is great and the people are too.
Can't beat the benefits
Lead Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 9, 2015
I loved everything about working for the F.D.I.C
I worked for the Division of Accounting and Corporate Services or D.A.C.S.
I learned a lot and was trusted with a lot of responsibility right away but had good bosses to help guide me.
Pros
Travel and benefits
Cons
since I worked for and FDIC branch and not the main office -no job stability past a few years
Very informative and diverse workplace
Intern, Consumer Affairs Section (Former Employee) –  washington dc, arlington vaAugust 27, 2015
While employed at the FDIC I worked as an intern in Consumer
Affairs. A typical day at work was sitting at the computer monitoring and assigning consumer complaints and inquiries on financial institutions. I learned a lot of policies and procedures and also the mission of the company. Before working for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation I had no idea what it was. They offered many work shops, classes, seminars, and opportunities for advancement. This was the most enjoyable part of the job, there was always an opportunity to learn more. I met with so many other employees, bank examiners, attorneys, and other agencies that corresponded with us. The hardest part of the job was being a full time student and maintaining a full time job. In order to stay in the program you must pass all classes and remain a student. Although my term ended I would definitely recommend this agency to anyone. There was always an opportunity for advancement and interns were treated as permanent employees.

Want to know more about Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation?

Ask a question
Love my job!!!!
Secretary (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Washington DcSeptember 2, 2015
My typical work day starts with people already waiting in the office with critical needsand the phones rings every five(5) minutes with simple request.
Great Company to work for
Liquidation Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 5, 2015
What a great company to work for. It was my first job in the U.S. and I was so excited to learn as much as I could. They taught me the foreclosure process and I also learned the accounts payable and receivable of property management. I met a lot of employees from all over the U.S. as they were assigned to Alaska during the failure of several large banks. It was a very interesting training experience.
Excellent Opportunity
Senior Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2014
My day consisted of providing Senior Management with Administrative Assistance along with providing technical support to 20 Account Officers and conducted timely research on Subsidiary Assets.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with the specialists and other technicians. The hardest part of my job was when the job ended due to the office closure.

Would I work for them again if the opportunity arose; ABSOLUTELY.
Pros
management was wonderful
Cons
it is extremely difficult to obtain a full time position.
Great place to work with great benefits
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, vaAugust 20, 2014
A typical day in the office is everyone comes in and says good morning to one another, we get a run down of what is on the agenda for the day, and we begin to work. We work as a team to help each other out on any tasks or questions that we may have that we do not know the answer to, but someone else on the team will. Everyone gets along great in my section, that is why it is so easy to come into work each and every day.
Pros
bonuses every quarter based on performance, work life balance, and telework option
Cons
traffic from fredericksburg to the dc metro area
Very diversified job
Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2015
Travelling to the Wisconsin and local Illinois remote offices was challenging. People were awesome and appreciated the personal touch.

Great place to work.
Pros
Great people
Cons
50% travel
Desktop Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 4, 2015
Also a great company to work for. If I did not graduate with my engineering degree, I would have stayed there, would recommend to anyone
Worked with intelligent individuals who put forth great efforts to complete the corporations mission.
Resolutions and receiverships Specialist ORE (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2014
I worked with some very intelligent people who made great efforts to accomplish the corporate goal. The position required long hours and weekends but the compensation made the 80 hour weeks acceptable. The diversity of personnel in the office made it possible to hone one's own skills and grow in other areas.

The downside was that when they shut down the office of 350 people no preference was given to employees who had worked for over four years for like positions at other offices.
Amazing Place to Work
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2015
I love working every day that i am here. Being here is not like any other job, I dont think i have ever complained about coming in here for work. I love the people and the atmosphere. Great pay, benefits are amazing, too.
Level of productivity is determined by the output.
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Headquarters, Washington DCJuly 3, 2014
Begin my days work at 7:30 am, I am one of the first people at the Office, Most people start their day around 8:00 am. It could be a good day depending on some of the employees mood, however I do not allow another person's mood to determine how I am going to make the best out of my day. My Supervisor is easy to get along with and very approachable. The office can be a very challenging place to work, but you have to decide how it will sway your day.
Pros
free gym activities
Cons
short lunch
Quality work environment with specific responsibility for meeting/surpassing time requirements
Manager, Resolutions & Receiverships (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 12, 2014
Manage closed bank operations including managing loan portfolios with responsibility for verifying collateral securing loans. Conduct field audits with vendors working loan portfolios including equipment audits.

Have decided to find new employment at this point in time. Very experienced in conducting automotive and equipment field audits requiring strong communication with dealer principals and senior management at dealerships.
Pros
excellent pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5