Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Employee Reviews

Very informative and diverse workplace
Intern, Consumer Affairs Section (Former Employee) –  washington dc, arlington vaAugust 27, 2015
While employed at the FDIC I worked as an intern in Consumer
Affairs. A typical day at work was sitting at the computer monitoring and assigning consumer complaints and inquiries on financial institutions. I learned a lot of policies and procedures and also the mission of the company. Before working for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation I had no idea what it was. They offered many work shops, classes, seminars, and opportunities for advancement. This was the most enjoyable part of the job, there was always an opportunity to learn more. I met with so many other employees, bank examiners, attorneys, and other agencies that corresponded with us. The hardest part of the job was being a full time student and maintaining a full time job. In order to stay in the program you must pass all classes and remain a student. Although my term ended I would definitely recommend this agency to anyone. There was always an opportunity for advancement and interns were treated as permanent employees.
Great entry level to executive career opportunities
Bank Examiner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2012
Best place ever worked. Entry level to commissioned examiner, to supervisory examiner, to executive positions. With a little hard work you can have a very successful career.
Pros
travel, large organization, career advancement, effective training, stable
Cons
travel can be excessive
Productive and Challenging place to work
Resolution and Receivership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 20, 2012
Excellent place to work, very professional, Great benefits. Management was outstanding. I worked with some very skillful and educated co-workers. The hardest part of the job was working up to 12 hours on the weekend when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling.
Goal-oriented workplace
Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 11, 2012
A typical day at work consists of working with various managers and senior staff on projects such as events planning for conferences, both international and domestic; analyzing and reporting economic and financial systems data; and assisting with foreign visitors. My co-workers are very easy-going and we are able to work as a team. Management operates with a kind but firm grasp. The hardest part of the job is to stay on top of global economic and financial issues. The most enjoyable part is working with international representatives on a one-on-one basis.
Pros
friendly, community-like atmosphere; stability; ability to learn and grow
Cons
inconsistancy with regards to the work tasks: periods of lulls in work activity, and then periods of intense work activity
Rated as the #1 Federal agency to work for
Resolutions and Receiverships Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2012
Excellent place to work. People are friendly and managnement is top notch. Benefits are amazing.
Pros
best management and working environment
Cons
unfortunantely, workload is declining.
Financial Institution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 19, 2015
Lots of travel, but training program is excellent. Every day is different. Management is very good. The hardest part of the job is the travel.
Excellent federal organization
Bank Examiner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2012
I am a term employee with the FDIC but if a permanent opportunity opened I would jump at it. It is a great organization with great pay and great benefits.
Pros
pay, benefits, flexible work schedule, advancement
Quiet, clean, and a very proffesional workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 23, 2012
This is deffinately a great job with great pay. With needed security 24/7 the hours are flexible and great if you are still in school. Everybody gets along great, I have never worked in such a friendly enviroment. This job deffinately tought me how to pay more attention to detail, how to read X-rays of the incoming mail, what to look for out on patrol, how to handle a firearm (even though I have acquired that skill in the military already), and most importantly it tought me better customer service.
Pros
we as the security team are on our own, away from other departments.
Cons
no organization from higher management
Very positive atmosphere.
Resolutions & Receiverships Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2015
Very good work environment. The benefits are excellent. The co-workers were cordial toward each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was the birthday social gatherings.
Quality work environment with specific responsibility for meeting/surpassing time requirements
Manager, Resolutions & Receiverships (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 12, 2014
Manage closed bank operations including managing loan portfolios with responsibility for verifying collateral securing loans. Conduct field audits with vendors working loan portfolios including equipment audits.

Have decided to find new employment at this point in time. Very experienced in conducting automotive and equipment field audits requiring strong communication with dealer principals and senior management at dealerships.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Great place to work with great benefits
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, vaAugust 20, 2014
A typical day in the office is everyone comes in and says good morning to one another, we get a run down of what is on the agenda for the day, and we begin to work. We work as a team to help each other out on any tasks or questions that we may have that we do not know the answer to, but someone else on the team will. Everyone gets along great in my section, that is why it is so easy to come into work each and every day.
Pros
Bonuses every quarter based on performance, work life balance, and telework option
Cons
Traffic from Fredericksburg to the DC metro area
Professional work environment and career advancement.
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 30, 2011
During my tenure as a Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Contractor I took advantage of the opportunities to excel in my work and was recognized and rewarded for my efforts by both the employees of FDIC and my Company. I was encouraged to continue to excel in my career as a top performer. I highly recommend FDIC as an exciting place to work and grow.
Pros
career opportunities, career advancement, professionalenvironment
Cons
tight schedules
Clerk Typist for 5 account account officers
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 10, 2012
Normal 9 to 5 work day and sometimes overtime, the people there were pleasent. I learned quite a bit for the time I worked there and the management was very goof and pleasant to work for. The hardest part of my job, since I worked for 5 account officers was trying to read 5 differerent account hand writings in order to do the job but other then that it was a very enjoyable.
Pros
one hour lunches and free lunches with all staff meetings
Cons
15 breaks, being able to leave the property on lunch time. close places to eat lunches
Work Environment
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2014
The FDIC has been my favorite place to work. The people are helpful and very knowledgeable in all aspects of the banking industry. In the Customer Service Department, I worked with people who had knowledge of the banking industry and those who did not.

Working with those who did not know the banking industry allowed me to impart my knowledge of the lending industry and show my co-workers how to determine the proper chain of title prior to any lien releases. We also forwarded calls to the appropriate departments who were better able to assist customers with other types of call.

The hardest part of the job was learning the various acronyms and the computer programs necessary to get the job done. The Jacksonville office was a satellite office with a short time frame to be up and running. We met the deadline and were open for business on time.

The most enjoyable part of that particular job was the satisfaction I got from being able to assist a customer with their particular issue. The thanks from them made it all worth it.
Pros
Training, flexible work hours, health benefits
Cons
Being separated from my family
Excellent Opportunity
Senior Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2014
My day consisted of providing Senior Management with Administrative Assistance along with providing technical support to 20 Account Officers and conducted timely research on Subsidiary Assets.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with the specialists and other technicians. The hardest part of my job was when the job ended due to the office closure.

Would I work for them again if the opportunity arose; ABSOLUTELY.
Pros
Management was wonderful
Cons
It is extremely difficult to obtain a full time position.
Productuve
Field Office Loan Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mjssion Viejo, CANovember 11, 2013
ExcellentBanking Regulatory experience for Safety & Soundeness of FDIC member banks.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good management
Excellent Job working for the Federal Government
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City MissouriNovember 5, 2012
FDIC was an excellent job.

My main duties were to oversee the closing of a State or Federal Bank. Then determine which Accounts Receiveable accounts would be transfered to the FDIC and which accounts would be place with the new purchasing bank

The hardest part of the job were the liong hours and travel involved in getting from one bank to another

The best part of the job was the diversity of duties that had to be pefromed
Pros
excellent benefits and job variety
Cons
traveling 30 weeks a year
Well funded and good benefits.
Supervisory IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 30, 2014
Employees challenged by internal politics but the benefits keep people coming back.
Can't beat the benefits
Lead Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 9, 2015
I loved everything about working for the F.D.I.C
I worked for the Division of Accounting and Corporate Services or D.A.C.S.
I learned a lot and was trusted with a lot of responsibility right away but had good bosses to help guide me.
Pros
Travel and benefits
Cons
since I worked for and FDIC branch and not the main office -no job stability past a few years
Great Company to work for
Liquidation Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 5, 2015
What a great company to work for. It was my first job in the U.S. and I was so excited to learn as much as I could. They taught me the foreclosure process and I also learned the accounts payable and receivable of property management. I met a lot of employees from all over the U.S. as they were assigned to Alaska during the failure of several large banks. It was a very interesting training experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5