Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Employer Reviews

FDIC Review Summary
Risk Share Asset Management (Current Employee), Jacksonville FLDecember 3, 2013
Pros: diverse projects and opportunities
Cons: decision making process
It has been a tremendous opportunity to work with a company and be a part of the evolving resolution strategies that were needed to protect the banking sector during the financial crises.

Unfortunately, as our economy improves the need for our office has declined and will close April of 2014.
Productuve
Field Office Loan Review Specialist (Former Employee), Mjssion Viejo, CANovember 11, 2013
Pros: good benefits, good management
ExcellentBanking Regulatory experience for Safety & Soundeness of FDIC member banks.
FDIC critical work for the banking industry.
Deposit Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 26, 2013
Fulfulling work that has led me to a greater appreciation for the regulatory needs of the financial industry.
My skills have helped me succeed within this environment.
I have been able to create new automate ways of doing things and seeing immediate results.
Having had this experience, my belief is that any financial firm will benefit from what I have learned.
FDIC
FDIC Resolution & Receivership Technician (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2013
This is a great place to work. To bad this is only a temporary job.
Enjoyed working in Oracle APEX
Senior Oracle APEX Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2013
- Good technology environment
- Friendly users
- Co-operating co-workers
Term/Temporary Employment during the financial crisis
Sr. Risk Share Asset Management Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: working for the federal government
Cons: temporary/term employment
I've worked at the FDIC for more than 4 years now. When I began in 2009 bank closings were running rampant. Now, 4 years later, to date there has been less than 20. A sure sign that things are turning around in the economy!!!
typical government job
AUDITOR (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 6, 2013
Pros: got nothing
Cons: was not my cup of tea
was a very repetitive job and did not challenge me. Most of the job seemed like hazing from the old timers. Left after 6 months,.
Productive and fun place to work
Clerk Typist/Timekeeper (Former Employee), Windsor, CTJuly 3, 2013
Pros: health center
I learned the many aspects of asset management. Supervisors and co-workers excellent to work with I give them a five stars.
A good place to work
Senior Regional Attorney (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 20, 2013
The only drawback is job security, but overall, it's a good place to be.
FINANCIAL INSTITUTION EXAMINER (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 19, 2013
Pros: amazing people
Cons: hard to get hired
Great work environment where your co-workers feel like family which is incredibly necessary given the 75% travel requirement. Compared to market you are paid slightly less than average, but the benefits are wonderful. Amazing on the job training program for new hires.
Great Government Job
Divisions of Resolutions and Receivership (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 28, 2013
Temporary job started to resolve failed banks. Coworkers have been great to work with and very experienced. Hardest part of the job is dealing with govt politics. Most enjoyable part of the job is the traveling and great benefits associated with the traveling. Management is hit or miss but in my department they have all been great.
Positive and friendly work environment
Contractor/Inventory (Former Employee), Alrington, VAMay 8, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: high lunch prices
I loved the job. It was a nice location to work. The employees were friendly and everyone knew everyone.
Excellent agency to work in- difficult to get into
Resolution and Receivership Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2013
I was fortunate to observe the operations of a government oversight banking ageny. The hard work that goes into restoring faith and confidence in the nations financial system is very challenging, but rewarding as well.
Contractor/Sr. Credit Officer (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: lots of dedicated people
Cons: lots of travel
Great Culture, great enviornment to learn finance and investments
A productive and serious company
Part Time - H/S Technician (Former Employee), VAJanuary 3, 2013
A typical day started with backup of user data done by network engineers.Once user data is verified.The process of removing old hardware and installation of new units begins. I learn from few engineer's the process of Master Batch Files and the difference of Quality Assurance batch file. It didn't depend on who Group Team lead was.All of my co-workers may the day go with ease,light mood, Get to talk with user and solving their problem was the best part of the day
Very good place to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 9, 2012
Pros: benefits
I have been there for 20 years so this tells you that this is a good place to work for.
No comment
Senior Attorney (CG-14) (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 27, 2012
No comment, as none is necessary. I worked in Closed Bank Legal.
Challenging and Rewarding work environment
Resolutions and Receiverships Technician (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILNovember 6, 2012
The great thing about working at the FDIC is that the work was interesting and challenging. My role as a resoution and receiverships technician allowed me to work in a variety of functional areas within the FDIC and working on closings of failed financial institutions. I also interacted with my fellow FDIC co-workers, representatives of financial institutions, and the general public. The best thing about working at the FDIC is knowing that you are helping consumers by providing them with insurance of their deposit accounts and ensuring stability in the nation's financial system.
Excellent Job working for the Federal Government
Supervisor (Former Employee), Kansas City MissouriNovember 5, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits and job variety
Cons: traveling 30 weeks a year
FDIC was an excellent job.

My main duties were to oversee the closing of a State or Federal Bank. Then determine which Accounts Receiveable accounts would be transfered to the FDIC and which accounts would be place with the new purchasing bank

The hardest part of the job were the liong hours and travel involved in getting from one bank to another

The best part of the job was the diversity of duties that had to be pefromed
A constantly changing work environment
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2012
Every day was something new and entertaining. I never knew what to expect going into work. I learned a lot about loan servicing and general operations in various banks.