Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Employee Reviews

Rewarding work, but lack of job security
SENIOR ATTORNEY (Former Employee) –  Senior AttorneyApril 23, 2017
I worked at the FDIC during both recessions. I was not a permanent employee and there was no job security. I was not about to transfer to another office or job.
overall great place to work
Resolutions & Receiverships Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2017
enjoyed working for this company. The workplace culture was good. Management was supportive. Knowledge and understanding of the job was available by way of training.
Audited the financial records of various banking institution across USA to ascertain they are within the federal Researve guidlines.
Bank Settlement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2017
Great place to work.
E-Discovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 30, 2017
Great place to work. Provides excellent training opportunities. Has great benefits. Two 401K plans to take advantage of. Matches your contribution to 401K. Has great FDIC subsidized cafeteria on site.
FDIC was a great intern experience!
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 28, 2017
Interning twice at the FDIC was excellent, as I was able to gain a good amount of entry-level accounting experience, while also maintaining a very reliable work-life balance. The staff and Management is also very open and easy to work with.
work on computer equpment
Computer Clerk/Computer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2017
check the computer console to work on batch tapes and work on graphic on monthly, quarterly, and yearly to varities to do. work on government and fedral.
Pros
happy to work and fun.
Cons
n/a
Competitive but no direction
Senior IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 6, 2017
Good place to work, but be prepared for last minute notices of changes in contract or contract ending. Management could provide more direction and not be so hands off.
Management reporting environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 25, 2016
I gather metrics from the technicians and build weekly and monthly reports. I contribute to meetings with senior management and program managers. I interact with adjoining agencies on implementations.
A company with great compensation and benefits
Resolutions and Receiverships Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 20, 2016
Great company to work for with great benefits. A typical day at work was very busy but manageable. I learned many new skills in regards to bank closings and collateral releases. I met some great coworkers who were team players. The hardest part of my job was not being able to provide every customer with a collateral release due to the lack of information they provided. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting my customers and providing the necessary documents in order for them to close, sell or purchase their home or vehicle.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K, Telework and Flex schedules
Cons
Not enough diversity, not many opportunity for promotions
Great place to work at
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 14, 2016
Everyone here is very friendly including the cafeteria/cleaning staff. The lunches are very cheap and range from a wide variety.
Great Opportunity
Financial institution specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 8, 2016
Great opportunity for anyone that has recently graduated from college. Benefits and pay are among the best, with the exception of excessive travel, but overall good.
Pretty Good
Co-op - Div of Supervision and Consumer Protection (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 4, 2016
Moving around the state examining banks means a lot of time on the road. If you are looking to report to the same place everyday to work, and you are going into bank examining this probably is not for you. The work is challenging and once you learn it rewarding. There are a ton of rules and regulations to learn in this area.
Sometimes very stressful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2016
FDIC was a good place to begin my career. I was provided the opportunity to work people of diverse cultures. The corporate environment helped to shape my overall appreciation of job ethics that I continue to express through my actions today. My job was meticulous and little room for error.
Pros
Diverse working conditions
Cons
Travel
Exciting Work Place with Travel
Legal Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 24, 2016
Often help lawyers prepare employee contracts, shareholder agreements, stock-option plans, and companies’ annual financial reports. Corporate paralegals may monitor and review government regulations to ensure that the corporation is aware of new legal requirements.

Maintain documents received from clients, conduct research for lawyers, retrieve and organize evidence for use at depositions and trials, and draft settlement agreements. Some litigation paralegals may also help coordinate the logistics of attending a trial, including reserving office space, transporting exhibits and documents to the courtroom, and setting up computers and other equipment.

Traveled once or twice a month with attorneys to Mortgaged Backed Securitization Closing.
Pros
Traveling to Closing Deals.
Cons
Temporary Contract Position
Lots of travel
Confidential (Former Employee) –  ConfidentialFebruary 5, 2016
If you enjoy travelling and learning a lot, I highly recommend seeking federal employment with the FDIC. You will become an expert at analyzing the overall risk of a bank pretty quickly.
Financial Institution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 19, 2015
Lots of travel, but training program is excellent. Every day is different. Management is very good. The hardest part of the job is the travel.
Agency is recommended for interns seeking long term career.
CONTRACT OVERSIGHT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dalla, TexasNovember 3, 2015
Important public service agency with great co-workers.

Opportunity to advance within 3-4 years.

Relocation to advance may be required.

Educated workforce--not your typical government agency.

Actually a quasi-agency set up in the depression to insure banks and liquidate those who fail.

Interesting and challenging work.
Fun
Contract Specialist Student Trainee (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 22, 2015
FDIC is one of the best places to work in the Federal Government. Great envirionment. The pay is great and the people are too.
Very positive atmosphere.
Resolutions & Receiverships Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2015
Very good work environment. The benefits are excellent. The co-workers were cordial toward each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was the birthday social gatherings.
Productive and rewarding workplace.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILSeptember 27, 2015
A typical work day consist of typing on the computer all day. Management was normal. My co-workers were great and I made several friends. The hardest part of the job was when we moved to another city further away from home so the traveling to and from work was stressful as well as lengthy, but I would work there again if given the opportunity. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work that I did because I enjoyed what I do and the people that became my friends.