Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Employee Reviews

Excellent Job working for the Federal Government
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City MissouriNovember 5, 2012
FDIC was an excellent job.

My main duties were to oversee the closing of a State or Federal Bank. Then determine which Accounts Receiveable accounts would be transfered to the FDIC and which accounts would be place with the new purchasing bank

The hardest part of the job were the liong hours and travel involved in getting from one bank to another

The best part of the job was the diversity of duties that had to be pefromed
Pros
excellent benefits and job variety
Cons
traveling 30 weeks a year
Great Government Job
Divisions of Resolutions and Receivership (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 28, 2013
Temporary job started to resolve failed banks. Coworkers have been great to work with and very experienced. Hardest part of the job is dealing with govt politics. Most enjoyable part of the job is the traveling and great benefits associated with the traveling. Management is hit or miss but in my department they have all been great.
Can't beat the benefits
Lead Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 9, 2015
I loved everything about working for the F.D.I.C
I worked for the Division of Accounting and Corporate Services or D.A.C.S.
I learned a lot and was trusted with a lot of responsibility right away but had good bosses to help guide me.
Pros
Travel and benefits
Cons
since I worked for and FDIC branch and not the main office -no job stability past a few years
Productive and Challenging place to work
Resolution and Receivership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 20, 2012
Excellent place to work, very professional, Great benefits. Management was outstanding. I worked with some very skillful and educated co-workers. The hardest part of the job was working up to 12 hours on the weekend when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling.
FINANCIAL INSTITUTION EXAMINER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 19, 2013
Great work environment where your co-workers feel like family which is incredibly necessary given the 75% travel requirement. Compared to market you are paid slightly less than average, but the benefits are wonderful. Amazing on the job training program for new hires.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Hard to get hired
Rated as the #1 Federal agency to work for
Resolutions and Receiverships Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2012
Excellent place to work. People are friendly and managnement is top notch. Benefits are amazing.
Pros
best management and working environment
Cons
unfortunantely, workload is declining.
Excellent federal organization
Bank Examiner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2012
I am a term employee with the FDIC but if a permanent opportunity opened I would jump at it. It is a great organization with great pay and great benefits.
Pros
pay, benefits, flexible work schedule, advancement
Amazing Place to Work
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2015
I love working every day that i am here. Being here is not like any other job, I dont think i have ever complained about coming in here for work. I love the people and the atmosphere. Great pay, benefits are amazing, too.
Productuve
Field Office Loan Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mjssion Viejo, CANovember 11, 2013
ExcellentBanking Regulatory experience for Safety & Soundeness of FDIC member banks.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good management
Cons
overall great place to work
DRR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2015
great benefits/excellent pay/excellent work environment
Pros
pay, benefits, environment, location
Cons
hard to get a permanent positions here
Well funded and good benefits.
Supervisory IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 30, 2014
Employees challenged by internal politics but the benefits keep people coming back.
Very good place to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 9, 2012
I have been there for 20 years so this tells you that this is a good place to work for.
benefits
Very informative and diverse workplace
Intern, Consumer Affairs Section (Former Employee) –  washington dc, arlington vaAugust 27, 2015
While employed at the FDIC I worked as an intern in Consumer
Affairs. A typical day at work was sitting at the computer monitoring and assigning consumer complaints and inquiries on financial institutions. I learned a lot of policies and procedures and also the mission of the company. Before working for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation I had no idea what it was. They offered many work shops, classes, seminars, and opportunities for advancement. This was the most enjoyable part of the job, there was always an opportunity to learn more. I met with so many other employees, bank examiners, attorneys, and other agencies that corresponded with us. The hardest part of the job was being a full time student and maintaining a full time job. In order to stay in the program you must pass all classes and remain a student. Although my term ended I would definitely recommend this agency to anyone. There was always an opportunity for advancement and interns were treated as permanent employees.
Productive and rewarding workplace.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILSeptember 27, 2015
A typical work day consist of typing on the computer all day. Management was normal. My co-workers were great and I made several friends. The hardest part of the job was when we moved to another city further away from home so the traveling to and from work was stressful as well as lengthy, but I would work there again if given the opportunity. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work that I did because I enjoyed what I do and the people that became my friends.
Lots of travel
Confidential (Former Employee) –  ConfidentialFebruary 5, 2016
If you enjoy travelling and learning a lot, I highly recommend seeking federal employment with the FDIC. You will become an expert at analyzing the overall risk of a bank pretty quickly.
Goal-oriented workplace
Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 11, 2012
A typical day at work consists of working with various managers and senior staff on projects such as events planning for conferences, both international and domestic; analyzing and reporting economic and financial systems data; and assisting with foreign visitors. My co-workers are very easy-going and we are able to work as a team. Management operates with a kind but firm grasp. The hardest part of the job is to stay on top of global economic and financial issues. The most enjoyable part is working with international representatives on a one-on-one basis.
Pros
friendly, community-like atmosphere; stability; ability to learn and grow
Cons
inconsistancy with regards to the work tasks: periods of lulls in work activity, and then periods of intense work activity
Great place to work with great benefits
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, vaAugust 20, 2014
A typical day in the office is everyone comes in and says good morning to one another, we get a run down of what is on the agenda for the day, and we begin to work. We work as a team to help each other out on any tasks or questions that we may have that we do not know the answer to, but someone else on the team will. Everyone gets along great in my section, that is why it is so easy to come into work each and every day.
Pros
Bonuses every quarter based on performance, work life balance, and telework option
Cons
Traffic from Fredericksburg to the DC metro area
Great entry level to executive career opportunities
Bank Examiner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2012
Best place ever worked. Entry level to commissioned examiner, to supervisory examiner, to executive positions. With a little hard work you can have a very successful career.
Pros
travel, large organization, career advancement, effective training, stable
Cons
travel can be excessive
Financial Institution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 19, 2015
Lots of travel, but training program is excellent. Every day is different. Management is very good. The hardest part of the job is the travel.
Agency is recommended for interns seeking long term career.
CONTRACT OVERSIGHT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dalla, TexasNovember 3, 2015
Important public service agency with great co-workers.

Opportunity to advance within 3-4 years.

Relocation to advance may be required.

Educated workforce--not your typical government agency.

Actually a quasi-agency set up in the depression to insure banks and liquidate those who fail.

Interesting and challenging work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5