Develops and administers various human resources activities; including compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, employee services, recruitment, new hire reporting, policies and payroll.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
-Coordinate and process payroll operations.
-Administer benefits program such as health, life, vision, dental, and leave of absence.
-Revise and approve invoices received from benefit providers.
-Responsible for the open enrollment process; guides employee’s completion of forms and answer benefit related questions, ensure the process is completed in a timely fashion and updates information in related systems.
-Maintain the Company’s employee database including, new hires and status changes.
-Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures polices, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
-Consult legal counsel to ensure policies comply with federal and state law.
-Develop and maintain a human resources system that meets top management information needs. Oversee recruiting, testing, and selection process to fill vacant positions.
-Oversee personnel-related investigations.
-Keep records of benefit plan participation such as; insurance, personal transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations and employee statistics for government reporting.
-Conduct wage survey within labor markets to determine competitive wage rate. Prepare separation notices and related documentation. Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees.
-Other duties as needed and as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources and 4+ years related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years direct payroll experience
- Current HRCI certification such as PHR, SPHR or GHRP preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Offices and have excellent computer skills.
- Knowledgeable of wide range of Human Resources core competencies.
- Experience administrating employee benefit plans
- Familiarity with COBRA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations and reporting required.
- Self-motivated and ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and frequent interruptions.
- Must be detail oriented, and analytical.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish (Bilingual).
- Knowledge of accounting software; MAS 200 a plus.