Federal Home Loan Bank Employee Reviews

This was a awesome learning experrince.
Shareholder Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2016
I absolutely love the work that I do here. We have some of the best shareholders in the country. I love the interaction that I have with them on the phone. This job has taught me patience with showing shareholders how to use our system and taught me new ways of helping someone find what they need to make their jobs easier.
Pros
OUr Shareholders
Cons
Sometimes Feeling like you dont have a voice.
Amazing place to work and grow. 5*****
ASSOCIATE NETWORK ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 13, 2016
The management at Federal Home Load is amazing everyone is treated with honor and respect, and fair. Awesome place to work for.
Pros
The offer the BEST benefits in the market.
Cons
No parking
Secure environment and great corporate culture
Business Requirements Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2016
I enjoyed working at FHLB Atlanta from 2004-2006. I learned a lot and honed by business analyst skills with that firm. The compensation was great and I enjoyed working with everyone that i worked with. My only issue was management, specifically my direct supervisor. A lot of people before me experienced issues working with her, but she had been with the company for 13 years before I got there and she was brilliant. I didn't complain about her behavior and attitude because I knew that my time there was short. But, besides that, the company was a great place to work with a flexible environment.
Pros
Generous leave policy, great benefits, flexible work schedule
Cons
Flat structure
PM (Former Employee) –  DSMMay 18, 2016
Can not provide review of the company where the job was or job profile at this time.
This would not be acceptable or appropriate
Fun employee centric environment
Affordable Housing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 12, 2016
Lots of employee social events surrounding theme holidays. Fun, food and live entertainment often occur year round for employee appreciation.

Convenient employee exercise center, employee free health screening, great insurance and promotion opportunities.
Pros
Great work environment, great benefit
Cons
High pace, competitive environment
Good environment lower pay
IT Security & Systems Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 16, 2015
good people to work for but pay is lower than most places and raises are few and very small. actually more proactive than most banking institutions.
Contract Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 29, 2015
Great place to work. I enjoyed my time there.
This should not be mandatory. I should b able to choose to give detail of my work there so I am stopping at saying that I enjoyed my work there.
Start or End Your Career
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2015
A great place to start or end your career! If you are a recent graduate you can gain a lot of experience! If you are toward the end of your career, get in the door, they never fire people and you have to do something monumentally stupid to get fired! If you are in the middle of your career and you want to get things done, this is not the place for you! They stifle creativity, hard workers, and generally do not care what their employees think. However, great compensation and their benefits (Bonus, 401(k), pension, Health Insurance, etc.) are outstanding!
Pros
A small company feel with a big balance sheet
Cons
Not run like a traditional business, decisions not based on business
Great Contract
Applications and Web Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2015
This was an awesome opportunity that propelled me into the help desk industry. I learned so much as it pertains to database issues and troubleshooting large scale problems.
Pros
Helped propel me forward in financial understanding and troubleshooting technical issues.
Cons
Wish it lasted longer. I loved helping their customers.
not productive
Paralegal/ Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2014
not a consistent work environment and few options to move ahead. Poor management overall and no proactive thoughts by upper managment
Friendly people
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 7, 2014
Good place to work. Management is nice, very personable. Overall good place, just not for me.
Application Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 8, 2013
Great place to work. Work assigned by tickets with completion dates.
Excellent place to work
.Net Web Developer/.Net Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2013
This is a fast pacing place, but a lot more to learn. People are very cooperative. I had very good time there.
Always busy and I loved it.
Reconciliation Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2013
Balanced multiple accounts. Alot of customer service involved and data entry. I loved to investigate account and it was Great when in balance. I loved being the person to call a client when any problem was resolved.
Pros
benefits and the employers showed their appreciation with seasonal parties, birthday parties and bonuses.
Cons
to far of a commute.
Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 16, 2013
I was a wire room consultant. Great place to work and great working relationships.
different and rather political
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 14, 2013
- networking is key
- friendly collegues
- flexibility depends on manager
- political
Excellent place to work
Enterprise Risk Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2013
Great place to work. Prior to the economic meltdown it was even better.
Productive and fun
Senior Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2012
The Charlotte branch was a very small unit. My duties were reviewing, analyzing, and researching account outages. I processed general ledger tickets and transferred funds to resolve outages. Assisted in Statement rendering, Returns department, and trained new employees. We would often have classes to improve our relationships with our co-workers, other departments, and our customers. These classes helped us to always be respectful with each other and to provide top service for our customers. Being a small company sometimes our jobs were a little boring. The company was very family oriented. We had a very low turnover rated.
Pros
great working hours and benefits
Cons
being small company the was little room for advancement
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 25, 2012
Come in an check my emails or desk to see what needed to be shipped out immediately. Shipped over 100 closed loan files to the secondary markets in any given day. Made sure that established procedures were followed to have the files in the order each customer needed to purchase said loan. If unable to ship said loan let the Mortgage company know what was missing from the package and they made sure the paperwork arrived so we could get the package sold. Responsible for over 1000 loan notes on any given day. Also enjoyed working with most of the people in my department. Some days I helped with audits or whatever needed to be done.
Productive, efficient and fun
ITEM PROCESSING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 6, 2012
Because of the company being a forerunner in new technolgy of Item processing, that portion of Federal Home loan was purchased by Fiserv.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal Home Loan Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2