Federal Mogul Employee Reviews

Unreliable as an employer
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Boaz, ALDecember 4, 2016
It is great if all you are interested in is employment that is temporary, with no realistic time frame given to you in relation to the length of employment. Lay-offs come with no warning and en masse. They let over 100 of us go suddenly, without any advance notice when I was there. Prior to that lay-off, I was told repeatedly by department supervisors that I would be hired full-time if I would "just hang in there, because my job performance was great". That turned out to be a ruse to keep myself and others from looking for more secure work at the time. Oh well, live and learn.
Pros
Clean work environment, safe workplace
Cons
Lack of full-time job security/benefits
Grate place
Press Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYNovember 4, 2016
A perfect work environment great team building and management treated workers with the outmost respect safety was number one work was hard but fair they don't ask you to do what they cant there was nothing hard about the job besides the work it self but it was only physical witch is a bonus for me. the must enjoyable part of the job was if you did well you were always made to feel appreciated.
Pros
great pay a lot of hours got holidays off
Cons
Federal Mogul has a variety of job skills to learn and we work for and with the big three auto makers in the United States.
Machinist/Programmer/Set-up (Current Employee) –  South Bend, IndianaOctober 6, 2016
I've been in proto type for the last eight years of the fifteen years at Federal Mogul. Proto type is where everything starts at Federal Mogul, we work off the print making programs our on tools and set-ups which I enjoy doing. In the process of making program we us drift sight and auto-cad, so there is always a learning curve in my department. We work directly with engineers from GM, Ford and DCX as will as Federal Mogul engineers. We are one big family in proto type and try to make sure everyone is having and enjoyable day.
A Normal Work Day
Line Puller (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 24, 2016
On a normal day, I learn to work with others. I also learn operate the machines that I am responsible for. Mangagement is very goal oriented and they delegate tasks for me to complete.

My co-workers work hard at the tasks given to them. We discuss ways to get the job done effectively.

The hardest part of the job is if a co-worker doesn't cooperate. It becomes a challenge to complete the day's work.

The most enjoyable part of the job is after a days work I am able to look back at all that has been accomplished, "JOB WELL DONE!"
Pros
Great team work and safe environment
Cons
They are no longer open.
Not a bad place to work, but
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYNovember 14, 2016
Good place to work, but management changed alot. The schedule was also changed alot and nothing ever seemed to be set in stone. It was very hot and very dusty in the place I worked. The breaks were short and they used a point system, so if you were a minute late, you were absent for the day.
Pros
people I worked with
Cons
hot environment, dusty
aftermarket work, decent pay, nice people
Mechanical Engineering & Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILNovember 13, 2016
There are a lot of good people that you work with, however the work is pretty boring as aftermarket is. There is some space to advance, but not much, the pay (for interns) is very good.
Pros
people you work with are nice, pay is good
Cons
not much space to advance, boring projects
horrible
peon (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHAugust 17, 2016
worst place I have ever worked at. Employees mean nothing to this company. Long term employees are leaving in droves due to horrible management. Lazy people are rewarded and hard working people receive little or no recognition. Incredibly mismanaged. You practically live there 6 days a week 12 hours a day. Machinery is constantly breaking down and the company will not bring anybody in to properly repair it. Could be a good company if somebody cared.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
worthless union
Enjoyed working there but very unhealthy.
Press Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYNovember 17, 2016
It was a good place to work but very unhealthy. Money was good but you had no life . We worked seven days a week when I was there. i like the supervisors and the work was not that hard.
Pros
Good pay likeable bosses
Cons
unhealthy and too many hours. You had no life.
application support
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 22, 2016
Provided second level support to corporate users. I also was sent out into the field to help with system conversions at various manufacturing locations
Pros
great and supportive management
Cons
the company was changing its support structure and the department clised
Viewed as cattle
Electroplater // Machining Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIOctober 2, 2016
No shift differential, average benefits. It's a keep your mouth shut and do your job until you find a better company to work for. Nothing but a stepping stone. You have no real value here. If the company see's an opportunity to hire someone for less pay they will soundly fire you and replace you.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Smithville, TNJanuary 8, 2017
It is a good job you stay busy . You have some good co-workers but like all jobs sometimes they make it hard. You get three breaks they don't seem that long but at least you get them.
Pros
You get three breaks
Cons
Short breaks and insurance is not that great
Its a horrible place to work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN park 100July 25, 2016
Stay far away from the Indianapolis Indiana location. After 13 years at this location I was laid off so the new warehouse manager could hire a disabled person to take my place. He said it "It would be a feather in Federal Mogul's cap to hire a disabled person. Many of the management team's family members have worked there with out the requirement of a time card like the average employee. These family members are aloud to take extra long breaks while the normal team member they are working next to can not. Paper work was "Adjusted" so scrap product count was kept low for corporate. The business ethics of this location is non existent from mine and many others past experience.
Pros
Cons
Horrible self serving management that treat people like dirt.
Can't keep employees because of hours and management
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 12, 2016
job shifts are absolutely terrible. No home life at all!!!! Working 12 hour nights and every other weekend. They also need a better management team in place.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hours/shift
great place to work easy to advance
Press operator (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALJuly 28, 2016
i worked at federal mogul for a while and i loved it. i was a press operator. the management was always willing to help their employees and a very friendly work environment. i started out a temp employee and within a few months i was the top producing operator in my department.
Pros
good pay, nice people
Cons
too far to drive from my home
empty promises
Inspector/Operator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OHSeptember 1, 2016
You will work long shifts 6 days per week. HR said that it was temporary until the hired more people. That was false. Find out that it has been that way for years with little chance of changing. You can make decent money if you want to spend most of your life there.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
live at work
Uncaring
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIAugust 11, 2016
Worked there almost two months and at first it was great... then I started being treated like garbage by the union employees and the supervisor didn't care at all barely had any time off was mandatory every Saturday with no option while others would take sat off but come in sun for doubletime... some people were extremely nice and great to work with others were very hostile and would slam stuff around and treat you like garbage... overall very disappointed that the only response from supervisor was that people can't dictate where they work when the problem was a hostile environment with one single person... you constantly get told how until you are in the union pretty much anyone can do or treat you anyway they want and you could be fired for doing absolutely nothing
Pros
Decent money chances for lots of overtime
Cons
Treated like garbage, treated like you could be fired for any thing at all if someone didnt like you
I enjoyed working in federal mogul
Assembler 714 and Team Cell Member (Ace Cell) 866 (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILSeptember 11, 2016
Great Company! The job have its bad and good days and the people working there are very helpful and kind.
the pay if you really need something stable its perfect they have alot of over time.
Pros
Free lunch, BBQ
Cons
Safety
Great Workplace
Line Worker/ Factory (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MI 48838November 29, 2016
By far the best job I've had!
Management could have been better on the Automotive line but overall it was a great experience.

However if you do not have a highschool diploma/ GED you do not qualify for hire.
was a great place to work up until 2015.
Operator/inspector (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALAugust 2, 2016
Loved this job for first two years. New management made took over and the overtime had been mandatory for over a year and there was just no time for family. Poor management changed the environment.
Pros
pay was great and all the overtime you could handle
Cons
no time for family life
Coworkers are awesome
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAAugust 22, 2016
I have actually learned alot about bearings that I didnt know before. I work 3rd shift and that just doesnt fit well with my life. Its not a hard job but can be very stressful and confusing when dealing with management.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Third shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal Mogul. Our community is ready to answer.