Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland Employee Reviews

Very stressful work environment with chance for advancement to a selected few
Senior Examiner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 30, 2017
The FED was a great plCe to work when i started. The work environment has become stressful as well the officer group slanted grooming the younger employees for future officer and management position opening . At the same time overlooking older seasoned individuals . This has made for a hostile work environment on many teams in supervision and regulation.
Benefits
Cons
Stress and increased expectations of employers
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 17, 2017
It was as great place to work for unfortunately i was only there as a part time worker, but if i had the chance i would return there in a heart beat. the work environment was laid back management was great i learned all about the affordable care act, and the mist enjoyable part of the job was coming to work and interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
Everything was great
Lot of Activity
Data Check Processor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 28, 2017
Good Bank and employees enjoy there but unfortunately I was not able to work longer due to some family reason and due to night shift and very too far.
Excellent place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 5, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great benefits. Work life balance. Tuition reimbursement. Room for advancement. A place that values their employees and helps them be successful.
Pros
Benefits and work life balance
Cons
no cons
Productive workplace
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 2, 2017
I worked in a unique environment where my team was colocated in Cleveland and San Francisco working on the FedCash Central project. Getting a tour of the vaults were really fun
Decent employer
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 2, 2017
I found my experience working at FRB Cleveland to be fairly enjoyable on the whole. The major issue I had was receiving work assignments on Saturday or Sunday to be completed by Monday morning. This was generally isolated to time periods prior to deliverable due dates, though.
Pros
flexible; ample resources
Cons
infringed on personal time
Data Check Processor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 10, 2016
Work only three month so can't say anything about this company. As a team player enjoy with work specially when we complete our first operation for color zone system.
Productive and fun workplace
Fed Scolar (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2016
All the employees treated me as if I was actually one of them. I loved working there. I didn't mind waking up early on my summer break. I couldn't wait until I got to work again. I actually miss it. I hope in my future I get a full time job there.
Pros
Free lunches, Nice employees and positive workplace
Good place to work for stability
Bank Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 30, 2016
If you are looking for a stable job and consistent management than the FRB is the place to work. If you are actively looking for achievement and recognition you may get frustrated.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Compensation is middle of the road.
Extremely conservative and reserved employer
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 1, 2016
Highly political work environment. Benefits are good, but not outstanding. The Fed Bank will go through purges and staff will be let go with no warning. Co-workers are kind and hard working. The local branch is overseen in a heavy handed manner from the headquarters in Cleveland. Very cliquish atmosphere with some people promoted well beyond their capabilities or skills depending upon who they are friends with. Senior management promotes employee engagement, but most is lip service. Very similar atmosphere to Social Security or other government office.
slow pace
Federal Reserve Law Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2016
very slow pace, all equipment is supplied. descent work environment. Lots of training. Great benefits and good pay. Not a very active job.
First job out of college, fun place to work
Programmer Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 21, 2015
Worked with a variety of application systems, including Treasury Tax and Loan, Savings Bonds, Check Processing System and Bond Redemption. Responsible for installing the first Automated Clearing House (ACH) for the 4th Federal Reserve District.
Not good for the little guy
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 8, 2015
Company overall is ok. They eliminate departments and let go of employees often and relocate them only to have them return the next year
Numerous job opportunity
With each promotion came a new title (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2015
My career kept advancing. It was a friendly and secure environment.

I would give this a five star rating.

I worked in the Securities Department, Personnel Department and Teletype Department. I even was the one to take the pictures of new employees and do the fingerprinting.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
All the security check points
Change can help or discredit an image.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 19, 2015
It was a nice place to work for the first four years and then it changed and then we lost our jobs and I am still feeling the residue of it now.
Pros
I was able to walk to work in twelve minutes.
Cons
The consolidation!
A good job to have. As long as you do what it require of you.
Computer Operator II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 6, 2015
Worked under strict deadlines and responded to emergency.The hardest part of the job is making sure the money file are transfer by
the set deadline. My co-workers had become my best friends. We had each other back and worked as a team. It take teamwork to sometime get the job done.
Pros
For a job well done you were rewarded gift cards.
Cons
If you cost the bank money you were written up
Amazing place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 10, 2015
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is an amazing place to work the people are nice and there are many ways to network and meet new people. This company is an amazing place to intern because they give you a real taste of what you will be doing once you are finished with your education and you will leave with mentors that will help you along the way.
Pros
Amazing food service, great benefits and great salary
Work Life Balance used to be great
Examiner (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioNovember 18, 2014
I have seen a lot of changes over the years, some good but some bad. After the financial crisis the focus on documenting all aspects of work has taken over and we spend more time documenting then we do on the actual work. Thus, the work-life balance has shifted, what used to be one of the best features is there in theory, but usually we are too busy working on core work to take advantage. Management and the officer teams have given in to pressures and do not support staff in maintaining an acceptable workload and work life balance. Still have great benefits (although seeing some changes) and continual learning opportunities.
Pros
Secure environment, great benefits, internal training and development
Cons
Heavy workload, high stress environment
Productive and fun work environment moving at a fast pace.
BPS Operator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 19, 2014
A typical day revolves around running two bank note processing machines and balancing cash inventory as well as moving heavy loads as fast as possible.