Federal Reserve Bank of New York

Federal Reserve Bank of New York Employee Reviews

Travel Specialist
Senior Travel Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Healthcare Benefits, Tuition reimbursement, and commutation Reimbursement
Cons: Traveling to DC from home Virginia
My typical daily workload consisted of supporting five divisions, which included below:

• Audit and process complex travel expense claims via automated travel and payment systems, coordinating with Accounts Payable (AP) timely and accurate reimbursements to staff, consultants, and outside vendors for Board-related travel expenses.
• Oversee the Board/JPMC government travel card program, authorizing credit card limit increases, granting on-line system access, and monitoring cardholder compliance for card usage and payment via Payment Net.
• Prepare and provide AP with daily travel payment reports. Verify travel payments are coded correctly and correspond to their respective budget.
• Prepare and provide travel reports to Division Administrators, capturing real time expense data as it relates to the Division’s travel budget.
• Provide travel policy oversight and interpretation to Board and non-Board staff, ensuring travel activity complies with Board and General Services Administration regulations.
• Assist the Administrative Systems Automation Program (ASAP) team in trouble shooting issues.
I have an outstanding organizational skill and work well with other. I have excellent customer services skills, which I was awarded for providing customers fast and efficient answer to their problem.

In this job, I learned time management and how to work and complete your work on a timely fashion. The hardest part of the job is was supporting five divisions which consisted almost 1000 employees answering the incoming calls and trying to complete your task on a daily basis.

The most I enjoy about my job that I'm very busy and helping people with their issues was my main concern.
No Issues Other than Growth Opportunities
Principal Information Technology Auditor (Former Employee), MinneapolisJuly 21, 2015
In many ways, this is the probably the place you dream about. The only issue comes with career growth. No one leaves, so you can easily find yourself with limited opportunities for growth.
Working at The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond was exciting and intense during my 5 years.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Layoffs and downsizing
A typical day at work for The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond required me to be well rested and mentally sharp to carry out the tasks of data entry. I also worked in the mail room which gave me exposure to other job functions and increased my knowledge even more. I believe management really strived on meeting deadlines and productivity requirements. My co-workers really worked as a team and really cared about the well-being of each other. They helped me out the best way that they could. We exchanged ideas and communicated well when it came to making the work day run smooth and efficiently. To me there were no real challenges to my job. There were enough people around me that were able to answer most of my questions. The most enjoyable part of my job was the services and after hour activities that the Bank provided to their employees. The Bank had a Physical Fitness gym and Steam Room for employees which was a great stress reliever. The Bank also had several TV lounge areas that were available to employees during their lunch breaks. Also the cafeteria was very convenient for those who chose not to eat out or bring their own lunch. The cafeteria served very appetizing full coursed breakfast and lunch meals. Lastly, the other enjoyable part of working at the Bank was being able to attend the company family picnic where all of the employees' family members attended a Bank cookout.
Great place to work and great managers
Information Support Analyst / Admin Assistant (Former Employee), East Rutherford, NJJuly 15, 2015
Pros: great lunches and very nice co- workers
Cons: Dept. moved to New York
Responsible for Banks and all depository Institutions to have proper access and rights to test and convert to a new electronic payment applications for Federal Reserve Banks

Continually set up weekly meeting with other districts for completion of project in converting to electronic payments application
ok place to work
Processor (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2015
Enjoyed my coworkers. standing on my feet all night was not cool. and taking your last break at 3 and working for the next 4 hours without a break was awful
Great place to work with talent staff
Sr. Configuration Manager (Current Employee), Washington DCJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Workaholic management
I worked a variety of tasks. Loved the benefits and the staff. The hardest part of the job was working the hours they wanted.
Great first real job
Senior Operating Clerk (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OK and Denver, COJune 28, 2015
Pros: Team work from all levels of employees.
Wow, awesome first job. Started out in data entry and by the time I moved on I was a part of a team that installed an automated adjustment system. Additionally, learned what team work really meant.
Great Organization
Analyst II (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2015
Learned a lot about business and enjoyed my time here. Lots of opportunities for career advancement and great senior leadership. Management cared about its employees.
Have awesome benefits and is a good place to work
Processing Clerk VI (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 26, 2015
Pros: they had a cafe.and free parking
Cons: tranfering to another department
My day at the Federal Reserve was very good. I learned at lot there I had a lot of training classes that they paid for. Management was good.
Team Atmosphere
Supervisor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Great support system
Cons: No room for real advancement
Normally you would go on to find out what your workload was like each day.
To work hard and own up to your mistakes.
Management tried to work along with each employee to solve daily problems.
Everyone tried to work to solve all problems.
Resolving accounts at the end of the day.
The support you received really made the job worth while.

The job ended at the Federal reserve, with the merger of the larger banks.
Deal with customers daily / multitask job
Banquet server (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 23, 2015
Pros: multi task
Cons: temporary
The food department in the bank was good place to work under pressure and fast environment, the job is about the customer service. I was dealing with the VIP employees of federal reserve bank
good
Lead Information System Consultant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 9, 2015
good place for learning various technologies and for career advancement. Though the work life balance is not that satisfactory. they let people explore different opportunities and technologies. Career counseling is good too.
Great benefits and fun management
Call Center/Sr. Token Processor (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 8, 2015
Pros: Great group of people to work with. And great benefits
Cons: Had 1, 2, 3 out ruling and that even included if the the person checking your work didn't do their job
The Fed was a great place to work. Department I was in had extremely sensitive information and had to be accurate. Had 4 different jobs within department that you rotated weekly on which kept it from being boring but was also confusing sometimes. Everything was duel control.
Business Analyst I & Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 7, 2015
Pros: Employee Recognition
Cons: Lack of consistency within Management
Diverse environment with decent pay and benefits. Management made many of their own rules, so somewhat inconsistent.
Very large institution lots of oppurtunity
Capital Assets Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2015
A very big institution with a lot of different departments an levels. sometimes it felt like it was over-managed but I believe that's because of the low turn over rate.
Loved IT
Public Affairs Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 27, 2015
This was just an internship, but the work environment from the the leadership to the other employees was great. Great place to work
High Security
Customer service in a Inbound call center agent (Former Employee), Dallas, txMay 22, 2015
would have to have a very good memory. no writing, everything is typed. great customer relations. stress with management attitudes always at attention like in army.
Very professional and productive with emplyees and students
Assistant Activities Director (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 20, 2015
Pros: Paid Internship
Cons: Long Work Hours
A typical day at the Federal Reserve Bank was to provide a group of 25 or more children with the knowledge of financial literacy. I worked collaboratively with the employers and students. I gained professionalism and public speaking skills amid a business environment.
Administrative Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 16, 2015
I never worked for Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Great job to have. Great benefit and work is very good. Job security and job culture is wonderful.
Great opportunities, difficult culture
Procurement & Supplier Diversity Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 8, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, career succession
Cons: Culture is passively aggressive, decisions not easily made so progress is stagnant
I've been with the Fed for 6 months and I am exhausted, both physically and emotionally. It is a difficult culture to adjust to, especially if you are young and have new ideas that you aren't afraid to voice, but the organization allows for great opportunities.
Headquarters