Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Mission Driven Organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 27, 2017
If you are looking for a organization with a powerful mission, the Bank is a place to consider. I am proud of my years of service. I enjoyed working with many amazing people.
Great benefits and People
Technical Analyst II (Current Employee) –  NJMay 24, 2017
Great place to work. The benefits are top notch and everyone is so helpful.I would encourage people to strongly take a look at the Federal Reserve and all of their openings.
manager was always very helpful.
Operations Specialist, Check (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2017
Federal Reserve Bank was one of the best places to work for. i really enjoy working at the fed. i was really sad when checks department had to close.
Fun workplace
Checks processing clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 21, 2017
Great place to work. It was great working there too bad they closed the department. Coworkers were great. The atmosphere was good. Enjoyed the time that I worked here.
good place to work
Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 19, 2017
It was a good place to work, you learn so much about the economy and how the banking system works.
One should have good banking domain knowledge.
Good work life balance.
Nice place to work but limited advancement
Accounting (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 8, 2016
Great place to work, great work life balance and benefits if you're not looking to advance quickly. Management plays favors so hard work and competency may not be rewarded, a lot of politics. The bank used to provide job security but not anymore.
Pros
work life balance, nice office location, great benefits
Cons
limited opportunities to advance, management
Excellent Benefits - really bad management
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 31, 2016
A true ivory tower approach to management. No coaching or mentoring. Very much a sink or swim environment with an overwhelming amount of politics.
Pros
Location, benefits (includes a pension after 5 years)
Cons
Must fit the mold and no mistakes allowed.
Great Place to work
Vault teller 3 (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2016
This was a great place to work with great management and opportunities to advance and insurance benefits are great. Also
this place has good team work and is not stressful.
Pros
Great bonus and fun place to work at.
Federal Reserve Bank
Cash operations (Former Employee) –  Renton waAugust 10, 2016
A good company with average benefits for employees. Room for advancement with additional education requirements.
Must be able to work with people in a stressful environment and report to management of any and all violations of fellow employees.
Good, but bureaucratic
Greater China Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 27, 2016
The Fed is a good place to work with smart people and an important mission. However, it is frustrating to get anything done because of excessive bureaucracy.
Strong Structure
Substitute Bank Examiner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 22, 2016
Provides strong educational experience and variety of work. A lot of opportunity for travel. Job security for someone who is serious about work.
Pros
Lot of travel
Cons
Lots of travel
The best place to work. They listen and care for their employees.
Information Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, SFApril 30, 2016
I enjoyed working at the bank. They allowed me to think freely and implement new ideas and was rewarded generously. I had the latitude to manage my team and the data centers the way I saw best. They were like family. I had the ability to review new technology and implement it if I saw that it was beneficial to the Bank. We had yearly meetings with all the Managers to get together and have fun events. The Bank took care of their employees.
Pros
Great cafeteria and break/think area
Cons
Getting into SF and going through security everyday.
Challenging with room for advancement.
Police Lieutenant (FLEO) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 12, 2015
The Police Department is composed of Federal Law Enforcement Officers who have been trained and designated as such since shortly after the attacks on 9-11. Sometimes the goals of banking and law enforcement seem to be at odds.
Pros
retirement benefits, health care
Not what you would expect
Generalist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 6, 2015
I have worked primarily in events and entertainment within the marketing, event management, B2B sales, and other tasks that made me a generalist of many specialties.

I went in to FRBSF without really understanding what they wanted from the job description I was given. But people here are professional and bright. I was just an element of disruption to optimize their process and introduce innovation and new technologies to help achieve their goals.

As a contractor, I was given my freedom without interference from micromanagement, although I had to work with the bureaucratic hoops that made, especially, the implementation of new technology hard at the Fed, but I was supported by the particular department that was requesting a solution.

I am generally approached with special projects, I do not attend any meeting as a contractor, so I can only imagine what the grand picture is for what I do. However, even though FRBSF is a huge organization, people from management, Sr. management, and Executive level would take their time to come by to shake my hand and thank me for what I am doing, so it is a humbling experience that your work is noticed.

I was told that each division has a microculture of its own, but interacting with many of them, I still see that teamwork is valued highly here. It is an eye opener for sure if you only know the Fed reading things on websites and history books.
Pros
Great management and team collaboration
Cons
Bureaucracy
Great place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2015
Great culture in the IT area and great leadership. A lot of talent people, so advancement is difficult. Also compensation is less that most of the local area.
Great Agency to start with if seeking to further career in Federal Law Enforcement. Great training!!
U.S. Federal Reserve Police Officer- FRLEO. (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaliforniaAugust 16, 2015
Great Law Enforcement Training.
Easy and mellow work environment with low stress.
Great Firearms and Defensive tactics training.
Good stepping stone job if looking to advance and get hired by Larger more well Known LE Federal agencies USSS, FBI, etc. Super Easy work. Management is OKay, and benefits are great. Quick and easy hiring process.
Pros
Federal Law Enforcement and easy work.
Cons
boring and not traditional police work, and lame management that likes to micro manage.
Police Officer Federal Reserve Police Department (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 27, 2015
I performed a wide range of duties like interviewing new hires, reviewed police reports. I enjoyed working there and learned a lot.
Pros
Co workers were great to work with
Cons
management was not very supportive
Good Company to work for
Business Analyst Sr (Current Employee) –  Los Angels, CAJune 10, 2015
Overall the FED is a great company to work for with good benefits, 401 and pension plan. Fast pace work environment to keep you very engaged.
Good organization - good people
Police Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2015
• Answer emergency and non-emergency telephone calls in the Police Communications Center; interview callers to obtain essential information; record data and critical information on incidents, as they develop
• Analyze calls for priority level of police or medical response; take or recommend an effective course of action to protect life and property
• Provide information to police field units; order services requested by field units; dispatch and/or cancel field unit backup assistance; monitor field units for service availability
• Operate sophisticated computer-aided dispatch radio and telephone systems; accurately enter information into the computer or police blotter of all incidents occurring during their shift
• Broadcast calls for service to police officers and civilian employees working in the field; carefully and simultaneously, track the activities of police officers and civilians to determine their status and ensure their safety
• Maintain composure and professionalism when dealing with hostile or frightened callers; during stressful or rapidly changing situations
• Assist in the daily operation of the security camera system
• Maintain various security logs and department records and perform other associated administrative tasks
• Monitor the movement of all personnel on premises to control restricted and sensitive area access, both directly and through the use of surveillance cameras and card access devices
• Adhere to System, District and Department Police Services policies and procedures
• Screen incoming personnel for appropriate entrance authorization
  more...
• Demonstrate knowledge of emergency response procedures for fire, earthquake and other disasters
Secure job with great work life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 7, 2015
Your experience will largely depend on the area you work in and your management. The best part of the job is that you could be working on efforts that are very large in scale and make an enormous impact. It is a very traditional political organization and it could take time to implement new processes or technology.
Pros
great benefits, large scale projects, stable employment
Cons
could have difficult management, not progressive