Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging with room for advancement.
Police Lieutenant (FLEO) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 12, 2015
The Police Department is composed of Federal Law Enforcement Officers who have been trained and designated as such since shortly after the attacks on 9-11. Sometimes the goals of banking and law enforcement seem to be at odds.
Pros
retirement benefits, health care
Great Agency to start with if seeking to further career in Federal Law Enforcement. Great training!!
U.S. Federal Reserve Police Officer- FRLEO. (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaliforniaAugust 16, 2015
Great Law Enforcement Training.
Easy and mellow work environment with low stress.
Great Firearms and Defensive tactics training.
Good stepping stone job if looking to advance and get hired by Larger more well Known LE Federal agencies USSS, FBI, etc. Super Easy work. Management is OKay, and benefits are great. Quick and easy hiring process.
Pros
Federal Law Enforcement and easy work.
Cons
boring and not traditional police work, and lame management that likes to micro manage.
The best place to work. They listen and care for their employees.
Information Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, SFApril 30, 2016
I enjoyed working at the bank. They allowed me to think freely and implement new ideas and was rewarded generously. I had the latitude to manage my team and the data centers the way I saw best. They were like family. I had the ability to review new technology and implement it if I saw that it was beneficial to the Bank. We had yearly meetings with all the Managers to get together and have fun events. The Bank took care of their employees.
Pros
Great cafeteria and break/think area
Cons
Getting into SF and going through security everyday.
Great place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2015
Great culture in the IT area and great leadership. A lot of talent people, so advancement is difficult. Also compensation is less that most of the local area.
Secure job with great work life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 7, 2015
Your experience will largely depend on the area you work in and your management. The best part of the job is that you could be working on efforts that are very large in scale and make an enormous impact. It is a very traditional political organization and it could take time to implement new processes or technology.
Pros
great benefits, large scale projects, stable employment
Cons
could have difficult management, not progressive
Federal Reserve Bank
Cash operations (Former Employee) –  Renton waAugust 10, 2016
A good company with average benefits for employees. Room for advancement with additional education requirements.
Must be able to work with people in a stressful environment and report to management of any and all violations of fellow employees.
Strong Structure
Substitute Bank Examiner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 22, 2016
Provides strong educational experience and variety of work. A lot of opportunity for travel. Job security for someone who is serious about work.
Pros
Lot of travel
Cons
Lots of travel
high productive and fun place to work
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 26, 2014
high productive and fun place to work

Oversaw three-shift Currency processing, and vault operations in a high-security environment, with currency and coin transactions for 500+ depository institutions (banks) in California, Nevada and Arizona.
Oversaw Administration function for Cash department, including daily settlement and statistical reporting to the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
Managed combined annual budget of $10.8M and staff of two assistant managers, six supervisor, 2 analysts and 120 operations employees
Pros
excellent benefits
Ruthless mean management.
CASH (Former Employee) –  LAFebruary 7, 2015
I started working at the FRB on 1/1995 and got laid off 10/29/2012, what amazes me still is their coldness, my last day was also my birthday and during the day there was a party in the office for me, most bank officers including Janet Yellen send me a small greeting card, after lunch the same officers call me and tell me about the involuntary termination.
benefits
Cons
management
Good Company to work for
Business Analyst Sr (Current Employee) –  Los Angels, CAJune 10, 2015
Overall the FED is a great company to work for with good benefits, 401 and pension plan. Fast pace work environment to keep you very engaged.
Productive, challenging and wonderful work conditions.
Accounting Specialist III (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 18, 2014
The best benefits and the best co-workers to work with as team members or just to know by face. Upper management are wonderful and I enjoyed my career with the Federal Reserve Bank for 34 years.
Pros
great benefits
Consistant job with growth opportunities
Check processor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Process checks on a day to day basis. Learned the banking industry and was recognized for hard work. Trained people and returned items. The hardest part of the job was working with people who were not motivated. The best part of the job was just working.
Pros
great benefits, gym on site
Cons
commute
Not what you would expect
Generalist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 6, 2015
I have worked primarily in events and entertainment within the marketing, event management, B2B sales, and other tasks that made me a generalist of many specialties.

I went in to FRBSF without really understanding what they wanted from the job description I was given. But people here are professional and bright. I was just an element of disruption to optimize their process and introduce innovation and new technologies to help achieve their goals.

As a contractor, I was given my freedom without interference from micromanagement, although I had to work with the bureaucratic hoops that made, especially, the implementation of new technology hard at the Fed, but I was supported by the particular department that was requesting a solution.

I am generally approached with special projects, I do not attend any meeting as a contractor, so I can only imagine what the grand picture is for what I do. However, even though FRBSF is a huge organization, people from management, Sr. management, and Executive level would take their time to come by to shake my hand and thank me for what I am doing, so it is a humbling experience that your work is noticed.

I was told that each division has a microculture of its own, but interacting with many of them, I still see that teamwork is valued highly here. It is an eye opener for sure if you only know the Fed reading things on websites and history books.
Pros
Great management and team collaboration
Cons
Bureaucracy
Money money money
Cash Processor II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 25, 2013
Processed rooms full of money through machinery, checked for counterfeit notes, accounted for where each dollar went (shred, counterfeit, boxed up), boxed up good money to go back out to banks.
Pros
salary
Cons
boring/ monotonous
Police Officer Federal Reserve Police Department (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 27, 2015
I performed a wide range of duties like interviewing new hires, reviewed police reports. I enjoyed working there and learned a lot.
Pros
Co workers were great to work with
Cons
management was not very supportive
I miss this place, we have subsidized cafeteria, we get free transportation and most of all we have a gym.
Research & Adjustment Operation Specialist III (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 24, 2014
i look forward in coming in to work.
i enjoyed every min of it
managements are very flexible and interacts with employees
hardest part is when i was notified that our department is moving to Portland.

Enjoyable is when we get freebies from the bank and lots more.
Good organization - good people
Police Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2015
• Answer emergency and non-emergency telephone calls in the Police Communications Center; interview callers to obtain essential information; record data and critical information on incidents, as they develop
• Analyze calls for priority level of police or medical response; take or recommend an effective course of action to protect life and property
• Provide information to police field units; order services requested by field units; dispatch and/or cancel field unit backup assistance; monitor field units for service availability
• Operate sophisticated computer-aided dispatch radio and telephone systems; accurately enter information into the computer or police blotter of all incidents occurring during their shift
• Broadcast calls for service to police officers and civilian employees working in the field; carefully and simultaneously, track the activities of police officers and civilians to determine their status and ensure their safety
• Maintain composure and professionalism when dealing with hostile or frightened callers; during stressful or rapidly changing situations
• Assist in the daily operation of the security camera system
• Maintain various security logs and department records and perform other associated administrative tasks
• Monitor the movement of all personnel on premises to control restricted and sensitive area access, both directly and through the use of surveillance cameras and card access devices
• Adhere to System, District and Department Police Services policies and procedures
• Screen incoming personnel for appropriate entrance authorization
  more...
• Demonstrate knowledge of emergency response procedures for fire, earthquake and other disasters

4.2