Federal Staffing Resources Employee Reviews

Lack of job security
Payroll/ HR Assistant/ Transfer Agent (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 14, 2016
FSR provides lack of job security. My permanent position ended and I wasn't given an opportunity for another position within the company. They hired a young woman with less qualifications that I.

This company has a high turnover rate and they laugh when people get terminated.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, Relax environment
Cons
Job security, discrimination
An opportunity to learn
Referral Management LPN (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 21, 2016
This company allows the nurse to expand upon skills that can't be acquired in a clinical setting. i would have never considered that a position such as this was available to an LPN. This position is a great addition to my resume.
Pros
Steady work with lots to learn
Cons
No overtime
Great company
LPN (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 22, 2016
The company is excellent. The pay is great. The schedule depends on your place of employment so that is a little restrictive.
Pros
PAY
Cons
SHORT LUNCH, NO OPTIONS FOR ADVANCEMENT, NO WAY TO CHANGE SCHEDULING
Good work environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 17, 2016
Liked the clinical manage and the employees at this clinic and also the communication is great with the clinic and the contract staff. Schedule hours do meet criteria.
Referral Management Center
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Patrick Afb, FLDecember 13, 2015
The referral management is a department at Patrick Air Force Base that assists active duty service members, family members and retirees with referrals to specialists. The clinic has 12 primary care physicians. The department uploads reports from specialists, radiology centers, labs, etc. into the patient's electronic chart. They track trends in specialties that are used the most by the patients.
Pros
Wonderful doctors and nurses
Cons
Very little time off
Excellent employee services
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLSeptember 20, 2016
I am pleased to say that FSR is the BEST contracting company that I have ever worked for and I have worked for 5 others in the past. The personalized attention that I have received from the Program manager is exceptional. Not only did she go out of her way to meet me in person states away prior to my being hired, she has come to our base and showed appreciation to all FSR employees in our area with a special lunch and shout outs to those who have gone the extra mile. This personalized attention is what makes FSR so great. I have even had my questions answered on weekends and holidays (do they ever sleep?) I recently traveled for work for the first time and the Office Manager was wonderful in making the process as seamless as possible even though we had a tight timeline.

I receive immediate feedback and reminders when time sheets and trainings are due. These are the little things that make all the difference. I would actually re-locate if necessary to work for FSR. I have told many of my co-workers that if a position ever becomes available to jump at it!
Pros
Great salary and performance-based raises, personal attention in particular from the Program Manager and the Office Manager.
Fsr
Senior Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 17, 2016
Co-workers were wonderful. Always helpful and willing to go the extra mile. Great opportunity to learn more about government contracting.
Dysfunctional Environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 10, 2013
Don't put your hopes into finding a great job here. This is a very difficult environment to work in. Your fellow nurses are the worst. They will not help you and will backstab you all the way. They will recruit others into the bullying game just for their own fun. You can't even function in the job, because they will throw roadblocks in front of you and believe me you need the help to learn and navigate the system. They tell you they have no protocols to go by, but think about it--this is the federal government--military even--and you KNOW there are protocols! The management is either oblivious to what is going on or do not want to hear about it. You can't and won't win. Buckly Clinic is a bad place to work. Seriously, run away from this job! You can do so much better elsewhere.
Pros
good hours
Cons
bad environment
Bad Company
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ft.BelvoirJanuary 11, 2014
Management was horrible. No one knew what was really going on. Lot's of miscommunication. Always unsure if you were going to have a job. FSR never took care of anything. The only thing I miss is my coworkers and my paycheck. It could have been a nice environment if FSR would have taken better care of it's employees. Working for FSR is to be reminded daily that you are just a number, you don't matter, and you can be replaced easily. So many people were fired from the clinic, there should have been a revolving door installed. The number one reason FSR has you there is to collect a paycheck from the government. If you want job security, a decent work environment, and a company that cares, and wants to grow with their employees, run don't walk way. I have never seen such bad management in my life.
Pros
good pay, great coworkers
Cons
everything else
Staffing Agency-Research Location where you will be working
Temporary Referral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 4, 2013
Federal Staffing Resources placed me at a Military Hospital. Management at the hospital was very strict; always mentioning firing someone. Loads of work. No time for 1hour lunch breaks, only 30 minutes. Management not friendly at all.
Pros
great fast paced experience.
Cons
overall, not best environment to work at.
Know before you go
Contract Temporary Referral Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 7, 2012
Fast-Paced health environment
Learned Call Center Operations and medical Referral Management
Management very unreal-Hard to work for
Co-workers-Information is there secret
Hardest part of job-STaying busy all day
most enjoyable part of job-making clinic visits
Review
Referral Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tyndall AFB, FLAugust 21, 2012
Working for this company was a wonderful experience. The quality of the people that you were with was amazing and I would work for them again. What I learned the most was to always be open to changes and only good can come from it.
Pros
employee recognition, great pay
Nice place to work, nice people.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  DelawareJune 23, 2014
Love my co-workers. Typical day can be stressful and the amount of time off doesn't support a good work life balance. Pay is very good.
Pros
good pay
Cons
expensive healthcare, not much time off, no advancement
Productive and Challenging Environment
Recruitment Specialist- Commercial Division (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 19, 2013
All of the emplyees are very helpful and hadworking. There is a lot of flexibility regarding work day structure. Location is awesome.
THOR3 Data analyst - 95th Civil Affairs Brigade (Current Employee) –  FT Bragg, NCApril 20, 2014
Great place to work - great contract working with soldiers and wounded warriors
Good, up and coming company with a great future.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 2, 2012
Small, upcoming, federal contractor with a great core value system. Upper management is very focused and outgoing. Very involved with lower level operations. I learned a lot in a short amount of time about the contracting side of the federal government as well as the bidding side. A typical day as a remote program manager without an administrative support staff was difficult. However, it was a great learning experience. The Operations manager all the way to the CEO were very knowledgeable and willing to share it which is probably a reason for the increasing success. The hardest part of the job for me being new to the federal contracting side was learning the many different aspects of contracting as well as maintaining the various contracts I was responsible for. The most enjoyable part was meeting all of the new people I was able to meet while networking, meeting with the various people in the contracting world, and most of all, being in a position to give someone a job that they will love and make a difference in.
Pros
company paid training, company paid 4th of july annual cruise along the chesapeake bay, very quick turn around for reuimbursment expenses. very independent work when remote.
Cons
communication was sub-par between remote employees and corporate office, no formal training system for new hire employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal Staffing Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8