Federal Trade Commission

Federal Trade Commission Employee Reviews

I like the federal trade commission very family orinted
Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 8, 2015
I learned a lot working at the federal trade ,helping with different contracts, in Acquisitions. training different employers.
Good
Student - Support Services Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 4, 2015
It was a good learning experience. I enjoying interning for the summer and meeting new people and learning new governmental policies.
A great place to work
Summer Honors Legal Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good job security
Cons: work can get monotonous; you've got to learn to love it or you'll eventually leave it.
The Federal Trade Commission is an excellent place to work, if you can land a gig there. Paths to entry are few and far between. The great thing about the FTC is that almost everything related to the job is PII, which means the classified information can't be taken home. Once you leave the office, employees aren't expected to take home the work! The only downside is the job culture; not much camaraderie there, but then again most folks get caught up in individual projects so I guess it can be expected.
Very Supportive Organization
Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2014
A great legal experience. A great mentor and manager. I was challenged all of the time to do a lot of good fun stuff. And I do not want to review any of my employers so I am just saying positive stuff and typing enough that this will let me move on to the next posting.
MOST INTERESTING DAYS
windows Administrator (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 2, 2014
Cons: long diatance and missing my family
A) COMPLETE THE THE TASK WITHIN THE TIME LIMIT
B) VARIETY OF PACKAGE AND APPLICATION
C) HAVE LEARN NEW STUFF
D) SHARING KNOWLEDGE WITH DEVELOPER AND CO WORKERS
career building experience
Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 27, 2014
This job granted me the opportunity to enhance my basic working sills. I was a secretary's assistant.
Fun summer internship
Summer Law Clerk, Bureau of Consumer Protection (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 28, 2014
I had fun during my summer here. I did some interesting substantive work.
Productive and Supportive
Paralegal Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 18, 2014
The Federal Trade Commission has offered many new challenges and opportunities. I am responsible for managing my own case load, but work with a great team to collaborate and brainstorm new ideas and processes.
This job was a great experience.
Intern (Former Employee), Washington, D.CJune 19, 2013
Pros: many task, intelligent managers, nice co-workers
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work consisted of me first arriving at my desk and reviewing e-mails. I would then check in with my supervisor and receive my task for the day and task for the week. We would then go over the current progress of the projects that I was working on at the moment.
I was able to learn a lot from this position. First is balancing projects. With the type of work that I was doing, I would receive 3-4 different task at a time. Project management was key and I was struggling at the beginning, but as I began to progress I was able to learn how to manage them. Secondly was conducting interviews. As an intern, I was able to be present during pilot interviews to take notes and to sometimes give my own input or other questions that I felt would be essential to the information we were looking for. Last but not least I learned how to work efficient and effective. Before working with the FTC I did not have both of these qualities in my work. I was always one or the other. If I were to work fast, then the work would not be the best of quality, and if I was effective with my work, it would take sometime. Here though at the FTC, due to the work I was tasked, I was forced to be efficient and effective, and it has greatly improved those areas of my work.
The Managers that I had at this position were great. They were always helpful when I had questions, and fully briefed me when I was assigned a task.
My co-workers here were also great. The work environment there was terrific. My co-workers were so kind and always had a smile on their faces. With them always smiling and enjoying their – more... day helped me continually enjoy my job even more because of the peacefully and loving atmosphere.
There was no hardest part of this job. I would say though that a task that was difficult to me early was handling moving boxes. I was first under the impression that I would be doing only office work. At the beginning of the internship I found out that I would not only be doing office work but also moving boxes. The first few days this task was difficult because I was not used to this type of work. Soon later I was able to adjust and was mentally and physically trained to complete the task.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work. Knowing that even though I am not an executive, my work will be appreciated by someone in the organization. – less
Serious and focused, yet relaxed work environment
Program Analyst Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 2, 2013
Pros: pleasant work atmosphere
I enjoyed my time working at the FTC. I got hands on experience in key public administrative concepts as well as a familiarity with anti-trust laws and actions. My coworkers were pleasant and easy going, yet firmly committed to public service. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling that my work could be making a difference in the lives American consumers. The hardest part of the job was the myriad of unfamiliar concepts that I needed to acquaint myself with to do my work effectively.
FTC
Summer Intern Program (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 1, 2013
Pros: birthday parties, great environment, extended lunches
Cons: not able to go back a third year due to relocation.
Monday-Friday, I worked from 9-5 in an office at the Federal Trade Commission in DC. I aided in helping lawyers and business partners in the field of business trades and management. I learned a lot about the business world, trades, and finances focused with the Commission. The internship program hired high school juniors, or rising seniors, to complete a summer internship program, and I was employed for two consecutive summers. The most challenging aspect of the position was to understand corporate bailouts and procedures relating to legal affairs. Working in a diverse, booming city was probably the most enjoyable part of the job.
Wonderful place to work!
Legal Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 28, 2013
It was amazing to work there. Everyone was really nice and professional. Every day was interesting.
Not a diverse enviroment
Paralegal Specialist (FOIA), GS-07 (Former Employee), DCDecember 13, 2012
The agency needs a diverse culture that promotes and rewards hardwork irrespective of skin color, relegion or background.
Great team to work with
Jr. Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 5, 2012
Pros: great work space and colleagues
Cons: no cons
A typical day at this location was closing files that had been paid and de-obligating left over funds.
A wonderful learning environment
Secretary (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2012
Pros: 401(k), health insurance, federal holidays
Cons: periodic excessive work hours
Typical workday consisted of greeting visitors, responding to hundreds of consumer complaints, and assisting legal professionals on thier projects. I learned about the legal field and was able to broaden my skills as a result of attorneys and paralegals allowing me to assist them. I found the management team and my co-workers to be a good team overall. The hardest part of my job was the excessively long hours we worked when preparing for court, sometimes more than 20 hours a day for several days in a row. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting paralegals with investigations and research, and helping attorneys prepare for court.
Working with Kiids re wonderful
HR Student Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 12, 2012
Pros: going on field trips
Cons: salary is low
I love kids so working with toddlers on a daily basis was a wonderful experience it taught me patience. On a regular day we would do lesson plans, make lunches do arts adn crafs, music time and story time