Federal Trade Commission Employee Reviews

FTC workplace
Senior Attorney (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2017
The FTC is a nice place to work depending on management. There is a good work life balance. Benefits are better on average than in the private sector.
Catapult Consultant
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  wdcOctober 22, 2017
this self-starting position, work independently, When you work independently in a position it allows you to get as much work done as needed in the course of a day.
Federal Service
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2017
This is a Federal Agency whose mission is to protect the consumer, and they take that mission seriously. Management is responsive to the needs of employees and reasonable in expectations .
Pros
Federal Benefits
Cons
Washington DC Living expenses
Fun and Productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  AmericaMay 9, 2017
A typical day on the job consisted of customer service via telephone. We had to solve many problems such as identity theft which could be stressful. The management was nice and very involved. My fellow workers were great and we had a nice work environment which I was sad to leave.
Program Advisor/Staff Attorney (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 6, 2017
I handled investigations into a number of areas, including state regulation of the professions and deceptive sales practices in the Marketing Practices part of the Bureau of Consumer Protection. Also supervised franchise regulation for awhile.
Busy; interesting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 1, 2017
Typical day at work: Arrived a little before 8 am; turn on computer to get program ready for day's work; answer questions via phone and email regarding physical space/movement/logistics for CICOM.

What I learned; I learned that I can run an entire department by myself; that I have a natural talent for working with people and getting them acclimatized to new working environment; that I can get what I need from others with kindness and friendliness instead of making demands and barking orders.

Workplace Culture: CICOM was run by a Supervisor who was a bottom-line person. Got along well with supervisor because I am also a bottom-line, get-to-the-point person.. Typical government agency (everything required lots of paperwork and took a while to come to fruition).

Hardest part of job: Sometimes supervisor would be a little too demanding (expecting absolute perfection).

Most enjoyable part of job: Running department smoothly when supervisor was out; compliments from co-workers re job well done.
Pros
Learned I have the confidence and skills to run a department and work with people
Cons
Supervisor was sometimes difficult to please; made job more difficult
Hard Place to Work
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 12, 2017
Multiple ACORs. URS/AECOM not able to focus on a service portfolio. Extremely high turn over/churn. 70 - 80 hour weeks were common place. very little corporate support to manage customer.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Fall Extern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2017
Productive and enjoyable work environment. Very friendly attorneys made available for added guidance. Exciting and complex cases.
I like everything very good i give 10 stars
General Clerk I (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 6, 2016
I Like the work I do. and people are very nice to you.
you learn a lot of about company. we help consumers about there complaints. theft complaints.
Pros
lunches is good
Cons
NO cons
Perfect place to grow as a professional
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2016
As an intern at the FTC I am learning so much about antitrust laws. I have been able to contribute to the research that goes into large cases. I constantly have something to do, which is great because most internships are not like this. I have also been paired up with a mentor and met different attorneys. This allows me to learn about different types of career paths. At times it's difficult to find all the information we need but it has pushed me to work harder.
Excellent company, very friendly employees. Very good benefits, health insurance and life insurance.
Legal Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2016
Very good government company to work for.
Very knowledgeable re: complaints and computer functions.
Very good training programs re: updating computers,
Learned very much at seminars and brochures on hand re: fraud
and theft
Pros
Provide transportation fees to and from work.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 9, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Cafeteria in the building. Well appointed offices. Convivial colleagues.

Initially, The FTC used a well known litigation support program as its primary database repository and review tool.

However, upon switching to a new platform, our software experience was necessarily reset to zero. It was like learning to walk all over again.
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington DcJune 17, 2015
I enjoyed my time at the Federal Trade commission thoroughly.
What made nearly every day a pleasure were the people I worked with & the amount of friends I made.
My managers were also great, I never had a problem with any of them, our work was always completed, and they never had any reasons to complain.
I learned so much from so many different folks there, personally and professionally. There really wasn't any hard part about the job I had in IT, and supporting so many great people on different levels made each day go by that much faster.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Commute was a bit rough sometimes.
AWESOME is the word that comes to mind...
Office of the Chairman (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 8, 2015
GREATEST PLACE I'VE EVER WORKED! HANDS DOWN! I learned a lot and got to experience tons of things that I'd never knew I would experience.
Pros
Cons
N/a
I like the federal trade commission very family orinted
Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 8, 2015
I learned a lot working at the federal trade ,helping with different contracts, in Acquisitions. training different employers.
Good
Student - Support Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 4, 2015
It was a good learning experience. I enjoying interning for the summer and meeting new people and learning new governmental policies.
A great place to work
Summer Honors Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
The Federal Trade Commission is an excellent place to work, if you can land a gig there. Paths to entry are few and far between. The great thing about the FTC is that almost everything related to the job is PII, which means the classified information can't be taken home. Once you leave the office, employees aren't expected to take home the work! The only downside is the job culture; not much camaraderie there, but then again most folks get caught up in individual projects so I guess it can be expected.
Pros
Good job security
Cons
Work can get monotonous; you've got to learn to love it or you'll eventually leave it.
Very Supportive Organization
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2014
A great legal experience. A great mentor and manager. I was challenged all of the time to do a lot of good fun stuff. And I do not want to review any of my employers so I am just saying positive stuff and typing enough that this will let me move on to the next posting.
Most interesting days
windows Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 2, 2014
A) complete the the task within the time limit
B) variety of package and application
C) have learn new stuff
D) sharing knowledge with developer and co workers
Cons
Long diatance and missing my family
career building experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2014
This job granted me the opportunity to enhance my basic working sills. I was a secretary's assistant.