Federated Investors Employee Reviews

Federated
External Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 9, 2017
External Sales: minimum of 5 face-to-face meetings per day with advisors within assigned territory to promote the funds/SMAs. Ability to meet a lot of new people.
Great people
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2017
Federated may be behind in technology with their old school salesman mentality, but with that comes respect and consideration. Federated colleagues are professional and considerate, and best of all work together with a common goal.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Outdated technology
Very professional workplace
Consultant/Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 12, 2017
Everyone in my department were very helpful to me! If I needed help with a project, the fulltime staff in my department provided me with the guidance I needed.
Old School
Equity Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2017
Long standing institutional investor. Suits to work daily and formal for the most part. Coworkers were nice and cordial. Didn't expect to make life-long friends there, but everyone for the most part was nice.
Great Environment!
Application Systems Programmer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 20, 2017
Wonderful working area, ability to work from home, decent pay, and good amount of work load. I loved working there and am only looking elsewhere because I'm moving out of PA.
good experience
Institutional Sales Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 23, 2017
very corporate atmosphere
gained knowledge on mutual funds
did daily trade transactions
worked with various levels of management
Excellent Internship
Risk Attribution Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 19, 2017
I interned in the Fixed Income section of the company and was able to learn a lot during my summer there. Very inclusive and was kept busy with interesting work
Decent place to start out but not enough to deliver
System Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAOctober 12, 2016
Overall it was a decent company. The necessary software was present, but the hurdles and hard dates worked against them. Hard to find human resources to accomplish projects, testing, and deadlines. Promised to give ability to learn other programming languages and skills, but did not follow through. Putting extra time in was not rewarded or acknowledged and definitely cuts into family time. Many were promised promotions, but senior management seemed to put this off and just kept reassuring that it was going to happen in the future.
Pros
Flex start time, software needed was provided, mostly friendly workers
Cons
Unnecessary meetings, extra work unnoticed, expected to put in overtime without compensation
Great Company to work for.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 13, 2016
Great Company to work for - Work/Life Balance, Job Security, Career Advancement, Awesome Management, Friendly Atmosphere, Peer mentoring. Pittsburgh is rated one of the most livable cities.
Internal Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 7, 2016
Great work/life balance. Work does not go home with me, nor do I have to work on weekends. They are flexible on hours if I have a doctors appointment or need to leave early to catch a flight. Basically they let me be an adult and if my work is complete, I have flexibility. Job security is high as evidence by the amount of people still working there for so long. Also they understand that there will be periods of underperformance and sales droughts so people aren't fired after missing goal for a year
Vaulable Department that has to supply Facilities Management to a large company.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 21, 2015
A typical day required a lot of organization, typing skills and internal client satisfaction. Always willing to switch priorities and prove to be a multi-tasker. Work on several projects at once to ensure office is running smoothly. Also perform tasks without job training or direction. This is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable is being able to learn and do more for a greater whole.
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2015
While employed with one of Wall Street’s most prestigious investment firms, my responsibilities included evaluating consumer trades and verifying their accuracy, maintaining daily scheduling for supervisory personnel, organizing all trade documentation and regular interaction with other investment firms.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Relocated
Liked my job
Sr. Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  PittsburghJanuary 14, 2015
I liked developing and training programs. I was able to develop a lot of skills and become a subject matter expert on a number of topics including Compliance, New employee orientation, on-boarding. I enjoyed my co-workers and the friends I made over the years.
Pros
Downtown Pittsburgh location
Cons
Advancment
Steady
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 28, 2014
Steady work. Nice people. Flexible life balance. Various locations. Conservative family environment.
Typical Company
Director of Data Centers & Telecommunications (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 18, 2014
- old school
- cliquish
- slow and deliberate at addressing technology
- good people
Na
Senior Market Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 28, 2014
Great coworkers, made great friends.

The job was interesting and I learned a lot about the investment industry, specifically the mutual fund industry.
Cons
Pay
Enjoyable place to work and learn.
FEDERATED INVESTORS INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAApril 14, 2014
Enjoyable place to work and learn. Able to learn new things from everybody around you. Employees that you work with are extremely kind and helpful. Fun place to work and gain experience.
Had issues with company while working there.
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 15, 2014
Hired as one of six new employees. one of thier former employee's returned and they let me go.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table.
SharePoint Developer\.Net Application Support (Current Employee) –  Warren dale, PAJanuary 20, 2014
Learn new thing and management was good and bit of strict. The co-workers are so helpful.
Fun atmosphere with great people
Internal Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 17, 2013
I worked with a database on a daily basis, researching names and contact information. My co-workers were always very nice and welcoming when we had questions. I had the opportunity to meet the executives of the company and learn from them. I learned about the different opportunities available at Federated Investors.