Federated Investors

Federated Investors Employer Reviews

Enjoyable place to work and learn.
FEDERATED INVESTORS INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Warrendale, PAApril 14, 2014
Enjoyable place to work and learn. Able to learn new things from everybody around you. Employees that you work with are extremely kind and helpful. Fun place to work and gain experience.
Had issues with company while working there.
Computer Operator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 15, 2014
Hired as one of six new employees. one of thier former employee's returned and they let me go.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table.
SharePoint Developer\.Net Application Support (Current Employee), Warren dale, PAJanuary 20, 2014
Learn new thing and management was good and bit of strict. The co-workers are so helpful.
Fun atmosphere with great people
Internal Sales Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 17, 2013
I worked with a database on a daily basis, researching names and contact information. My co-workers were always very nice and welcoming when we had questions. I had the opportunity to meet the executives of the company and learn from them. I learned about the different opportunities available at Federated Investors.
Very Helping and Relaxed Environment
BISD - Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 30, 2013
Worked directly with management as an intern and felt like I was a full time employee with the opportunities I was given. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the fact that I got to work for such a big and important company. I loved wearing a suit everyday although the dress code was highly enforced. I got along with all of my co-workers especially – more... all of the other interns working in the same environment as me. I loved working in a Corporate office. – less
N/A
Business Systems Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Warrendale, PASeptember 25, 2013
Excellent summer internship experiment. Learned all about being a Business Analyst while also getting to shadow other IT positions.
Old Irish Catholic Management
Analyst (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2013
Pros: flexibility, go t o the gym at lunch
Cons: not much mobility, low pay
Federated provides a great work/life balance for its employees. Most jobs at this company are either admin or high analyst level. There are not many roles in between unless you work in a back office role. Compensation is low compared to the street. Managers are fair.
Professional work place, supportive culture
Settlement Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 21, 2013
A bit behind the times when it comes to employee benefits and professional dress. Friendly coworkers make it a pleasant working environment.
Upbeat atmosphere and great people to work with
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 29, 2013
Pros: flexible atmosphere
Cons: low pay
Federated Investors is a family-owned company which strives to achieve high values and caring customer service
NA
Client Server/ Operations Analyst Intern (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 10, 2013
Old fashion
High Finance
Slow moving
People are very resistant to change. Senior management has a hard time keeping track of all the projects going on. May folks can get away with doing nothing due to the size of the business.
Good
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2013
Federated in a good company to work for.Federated in a good company to work for.
Good company
Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2013
Good employee education. Awkward, inconsistent management. Jobs feel secure but it can be difficult to move around if you want to.
Twenty years for this?
Sr. Administrator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 8, 2013
R'cvd bad advice to file Chap. 13 for repayment of obligations versus Chap. 7 with total absolvement of obligations.

Realized advice was 'for the money', removed myself from the '13' and can not be re-hired by 'them'(refer to lawsuit filed by Chap. 7 new-hire).

Twenty Years of Service with 'them' for not.
Pleasant and helpful co-workers.
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: minimal travel which is enough to enjoy my job.
Cons: benefits and compensation
I manage relationships with trust accounting system providers. E-mail tends to be the predominant method of communication. Meeting clients at conferences and discussing Federated's products and services is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Sweat shop
Software Development (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 26, 2012
Cons: no training, no opportunities
Work hard, little pay. No advancement. The leadership direction did not exist
Very professional and nice pay.
Performance Analyst (Former Employee)October 10, 2011
Through my years at this company, I have developed and maintained strong friendships. This company has nice parties and overall takes good care of their employees. The pay is fair, as well as vacation and personal time off.