Federated Media Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Fun place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 14, 2016
I do a lot of cold calling on potential advertisers. Do not expect to come directly into a list of accounts. Managers pick and choose who gets accounts and not every new hire will get accounts that have established relationships with the station.
Pros
coworkers can be a lot of fun to work with
Cons
managers favorite certain reps and its not based on amount of effort and hard work put into the job
Innovative and Professional Radio Group
Program Director/On-Air Talent (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 26, 2016
This company is a small Midwestern radio group that is very professional and is continually improving. Management is interested in improving and polishing talent and there is room for growth for employees. Federated Media looks towards the future and tries to anticipate needs and wants of the public and looks to develop ways to meet those needs.
A work place that provides a work life balance for it's employees
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMay 11, 2016
A typical day at work involves a lot of pro-activity and working independently to meet the next project deadline .
I have learned do a lot of research to get answers to my work related questions.
The management is hands-off and relies on the staff feedback for the different departments and progress of the company.
The co-workers are mostly helpful.
The hardest part of the job is not knowing if your work is appreciated or not, and not being sure of having your job next week.
The most enjoyable part of the job the work life balance. I look forward to coming to work and continuing with my never ending projects.
Pros
Flexibility in the working hours
Cons
Very limited opportunity for career advancement
First job and management
Promotions Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 9, 2016
I held this job during college and it was a great learning experience for me. It was my first real responsibility and I went into a management position right after turning 18. I worked for Arby's for 6 years and I enjoyed learning all positions and working when they needed my help. I picked up shifts when people called off and I paid my way through college. I left this company to pursue a career after college.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Fast food is a special breed.
Productive and flexible enviorment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INFebruary 25, 2015
 Serve as a marketing consultant to new and existing business through preparing and presenting customized marketing plans that promote growth among my territory
 Network at community events in order to expand into new markets building a broad, more diverse customer base
 Manage current customer base by maintaining strong relationships
 Utilize digital solutions offered by Federated to create a digital marketing campaign to address client needs
 Trained by Federated Digital Solutions in lead generation (SEO/SEM, email marketing through PressLaff), responsive web design, social engagement (concierge packaging), and branding (custom audience targeting and video targeting)
 Manage ad and spot inventories for each client, ensuring they received the best placement for their budget
amazing
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 12, 2013
great people to work with, outstanding office environment
Liars
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 14, 2012
Terrible place to work. I was lied to approximately once a month or more during my 17 months of employment. No job security, even though my ratings were high.
Pros
no pros
Cons
clueless
Belief in the Product and their Team
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INOctober 30, 2012
A great place to work, as well as advance in a career. From the team "gong" meeting in the morning, to the consistent Individual Focus Meetings, they care about you doing your absolute best. Most enjoyable part of the job is the culture and people. Most difficult part of the job is "cold-calling".
Pros
great management, great people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federated Media. Our community is ready to answer.

Federated Media Reviews by Location