FEDERATED PAYMENTS Employee Reviews

stressful
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PASeptember 15, 2017
If you do not meet call quota you will be sent home and eventually fired. There is favoritism and drama. It's high school all over again. The receptionist is lovely but others not so nice.
scam
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 15, 2017
didnt feel it wan an honest job too many loopholes and unanswered questions.management is very sketchy with describing exactly job requirements,very stressful place .
Okay
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PAJuly 10, 2017
Okay place to work but unfortunately it shut down in my area. It wasn't a bad place to work. I feel that they made some poor decisions in through ownership.
High Pressure Sales/Performance
Management (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 12, 2017
Here you come in a hour before you start and leave an hour after you are scheduled to. Majority of the times you take work home with you due to the amount of individuals you are managing. So far I have learned various recruiting, sales, operations, compliance, management, and business management techniques. I am use to thinking outside the box and positioning myself to be an asset for whichever company I work for. The workplace culture is setup to be relaxing and inviting but it's not. You have to be careful who you communicate with because they may throw you under the bus. Even if you're giving ideas on how to improve the company culture. The hardest part of my job is firing reps who barely have adequate training and lack of advancement opportunities. The most enjoyable part of my day is bringing on valuable clients.
Pros
Prizes and Incentives to increase sales
Cons
The processes
terrible place to work
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYFebruary 2, 2017
no one cares about each other , you are just another body to the managers. you have to memorize a long monolog in order to talk on the phones. fast paced phones. clients curse at you hang up on you and makes your job almost impossible to do.
Pros
they will higher just about anyone.
Cons
half hour unpaid lunch for 8 hours of on going stress
fast pass and time flies
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 22, 2016
I like working here because your constantly working and you forget about time. It literally feels like i was in and out of there.
Pros
give good breaks and ok pay
Cons
answering phones could get tuff
get stuck with no where to go
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 28, 2016
I worked for this company for over 3 years - there is no room for advancement in the Cust Serv grp. You are treated like a number no one cares about you my co-workers are great but the management team especially the Manager is useless. he spends most of his time with the door closed or trying to ask you for help with his personal concerns. You can never get help when you have irate customers on the phone no one will speak to them. They employ family members that get a paycheck but never come to work. There is also an underlying feeling that they are cheating there customers by charging fees and not informing the cust. When you get those calls they are the worst. I do not recommend working for this compay
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management not enough staff working weekends and holidays
productive
Telemarketer / Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PAApril 11, 2016
Federated payments was a very pleasant place to work , the people were nice the management was good and my co workers were friendly . over all making it a happy place to work. Although the hardest part of working there was knowing if u don't set the right amount of appointments in a week your job could fall in jeopardy was a bit stressful.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no job security
Review Summary
IT/MERCHANT SERVICES SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 29, 2015
I have worked at Federated nearly four years. The majority of my time is spent fielding merchant issues in a call center. They may be technically related (to a credit card based piece of equipment), transaction related or related to a statement/billing based inquiry. Due to high rates of turnover, there are days where we are short of staff. I strive to take one day and one merchant at a time and provide the highest level of service I can.
My manager is very technical and training oriented, so I embrace that he always encourages us to take initiative and the next step forward to enhance our knowledge base. He has been supportive of my efforts as well as patient. I have been fortunate in that I also have learned much from listening to and watching my colleagues. They are often eager to teach me,as they know I take notes and retain information they have provided. I totally enjoy knowing there is a satisfied merchant at the completion of my call, who understands that I care about them and have taken every step to assist them. The two challenges are that I do not enjoy working holidays and I have yet to see people promoted within our departments. There have been lateral moves with title changes, but no real upward mobility. I would like to see more opportunity for growth and recognition awarded in appreciation of consistent effort expended. I strive to learn in every situation, with every interaction. I know for sure I have succeeded in that vein and will always be a student.
Pros
Opportunity to learn, but you must be very proactive. Good rapport w/management and staff.
Cons
Little flexibility w/work schedule, little opportunity to advance, working holidays required.
Hard Job
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 26, 2015
Can be difficult to make leads. There was a lot of pressure from management to make sales through out the day. I found it difficule being hung up all of the time.
okay
Assistant Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 31, 2014
i was misled on the position accepted and compensation. the workload and commute did not equal the compensation.
Pros
Free Lunches sometimes
Cons
working through my free lunch
Not a good fit for me
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 28, 2014
I was called in for a "Customer Service" position and put into a telemarketing training class. After I requested, I was then allowed to move to the Technical Support Service Department which unfortunately was not a good match for my abilities; therefore I graciously resigned.
horrible
telemarketer/ appointment setter (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 13, 2014
horrible management , horrible leads , does not care about employees . dead end job no room for growth
Pros
Cons
2 10 min breaks 1 half hour break
telemarketing is not for me!!
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 19, 2014
Everyone there is very nice. Very understanding, but was about an hour away from home.
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service/Telemarketing (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 11, 2014
 Sold debit/credit card swipe machines.
 Recorded personal and confidential information.
 Consulted with perspective clients concerning savings.
Fun workplace atmosphere
Telesales (Current Employee) –  Melville NYJanuary 9, 2014
Very good environment to work in. Great team of co-workers.Most enjoyable part of the job was the team work.
fun work place, management not so good
Calling business leads in order to solicit sales (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 5, 2013
a typical day here would be coming in, putting on head set starting dialer and beginning to make calls. 10 minute breaks every 3 hours, half hour lunch break, managers don't really do much.
Horrible Management team
Merchant Support (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 7, 2013
Management team does not know how to manage. They do not give yearly raises. Pre School atmosphere.
Pros
Okay Pay
Cons
Short breaks, no raises
Motivating, structured, fun place to work
B2B Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Dickson City (Scranton) PAJuly 17, 2013
A no nonsense but supportive management team will start the day with a motivational speech (not the boring kind) and goals for the day. Recognition is given to individual successes of the previous day. It is not a 'cut throat' sales environment, when an individual has success, everybody else chimes in their support and encouragement. Management is there for you when you need help, they realize the work can be challenging and they REALLY try to make it easier by making it fun; just don't mistake them for weak. Hardest part of the job is the rejection on the calls but the flip side is getting appointments and taking part in the GENEROUS incentives and daily perks. Whether you have done phone work or not I would encourage anyone to get a job here, male, female, young, old, you can do it.
Pros
Supportive management that treats for lunch
Cons
language barriers make the phone work harder
Rewarding fun place to work!
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Dickson city PaJuly 17, 2013
Federated is a great place to work! It is very competitive but there is also a deep team spirit! The management rewards honest effort and do all they can to make you succeed! Go Federated!
Pros
Bonuses incentives and lots of rewards