FEDERATED PAYMENTS Employee Reviews

get stuck with no where to go
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 28, 2016
I worked for this company for over 3 years - there is no room for advancement in the Cust Serv grp. You are treated like a number no one cares about you my co-workers are great but the management team especially the Manager is useless. he spends most of his time with the door closed or trying to ask you for help with his personal concerns. You can never get help when you have irate customers on the phone no one will speak to them. They employ family members that get a paycheck but never come to work. There is also an underlying feeling that they are cheating there customers by charging fees and not informing the cust. When you get those calls they are the worst. I do not recommend working for this compay
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management not enough staff working weekends and holidays
productive
Telemarketer / Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PAApril 11, 2016
Federated payments was a very pleasant place to work , the people were nice the management was good and my co workers were friendly . over all making it a happy place to work. Although the hardest part of working there was knowing if u don't set the right amount of appointments in a week your job could fall in jeopardy was a bit stressful.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no job security
fast pass and time flies
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 22, 2016
I like working here because your constantly working and you forget about time. It literally feels like i was in and out of there.
Pros
give good breaks and ok pay
Cons
answering phones could get tuff
Excellent company to work for!!!
Customer Support (Current Employee) –  melville, NYJune 29, 2012
I would in the customer support department at Federated Payments. I have been here for about 2 years now. I really enjoy my position here. I get to work with all the merchants helping them with any issues they may have and solving them quickly. I have all the tools I need and good managers to make sure that I succeed. I have already been promoted once.
Pros
good opportunity for promotion, competitive salary, really good people, nice work environment
Cons
can get a little hectic, some problems take a while to solve but there's a lot of people who help out
Motivating, structured, fun place to work
B2B Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Dickson City (Scranton) PAJuly 17, 2013
A no nonsense but supportive management team will start the day with a motivational speech (not the boring kind) and goals for the day. Recognition is given to individual successes of the previous day. It is not a 'cut throat' sales environment, when an individual has success, everybody else chimes in their support and encouragement. Management is there for you when you need help, they realize the work can be challenging and they REALLY try to make it easier by making it fun; just don't mistake them for weak. Hardest part of the job is the rejection on the calls but the flip side is getting appointments and taking part in the GENEROUS incentives and daily perks. Whether you have done phone work or not I would encourage anyone to get a job here, male, female, young, old, you can do it.
Pros
Supportive management that treats for lunch
Cons
language barriers make the phone work harder
Been there 3 years, very satisfied!!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Home basedJune 19, 2012
I am an outside rep for southern region. Been at Federated now for close to 3 years. Very happy and continue to build my residual base. My regional sales manager is very helpful and instrumental in helping me close business on the spot. I get leads every single day that are prequalified by their huge telemarketing department. This way when I get to the appointment they have their statement waiting for me which makes it easy for me to show them their savings.
Pros
up to 5 leads a day, knowledgeable management, can make a lot of money if your good at sales
Cons
long hours but worth it
Opportunity to advance!
Telemarketing (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 9, 2012
You start with a base pay, which is great because you have some stability and money coming in. Then you also get commission on top of that! You have so much opportunity to advance and make more money, you just need to work hard in order to do so. Management is really helpful and they actually care about your progress!
Pros
constant training, opportunity to advance
Cons
crucial to have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Horrible Management team
Merchant Support (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 7, 2013
Management team does not know how to manage. They do not give yearly raises. Pre School atmosphere.
Pros
Okay Pay
Cons
Short breaks, no raises
Rewarding fun place to work!
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Dickson city PaJuly 17, 2013
Federated is a great place to work! It is very competitive but there is also a deep team spirit! The management rewards honest effort and do all they can to make you succeed! Go Federated!
Pros
Bonuses incentives and lots of rewards
Hard Job
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 26, 2015
Can be difficult to make leads. There was a lot of pressure from management to make sales through out the day. I found it difficule being hung up all of the time.
the paychecks always cashed on time
TELEMARKETER (Former Employee) –  Dickson City PAJanuary 31, 2013
Typical day involved being told what time it is and being told to get on the phone (which I, as a self-starter, would have done anyway). Most days we were berated, yelled at loudly, and constantly screamed at to 'not take no for an answer' and to 'get appointments i don't care what you have to do' ...and often chastised for being politely aggressive and not taking no for an answer.
Fortunately, learned some things about how merchant services industry is organized and how charges are calculated for credit and debit card processing.
Direct management (director) failed me and others in multiple ways and the paid vacation time we were promised upon hire was inexplicably retracted.
Other co-workers were fine and generally pleasant to work with.
Hardest parts of job were working under an aggressive, insulting, tyrannical manager who implemented punitive but never corrective actions and seemed more interested in her personal life than the success of the people working at the call center, as well as the lack of attention to details and verification of 'facts' stated on phone calls.
Most enjoyable part of job was talking with prospective customers on the phone about their businesses and any synergy with company services.
Pros
telemarketers generally pleasant
Cons
breaks cut to 10 or fewer minutes at director's whim
okay
Assistant Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 31, 2014
i was misled on the position accepted and compensation. the workload and commute did not equal the compensation.
Pros
Free Lunches sometimes
Cons
working through my free lunch
High energy environment
telemarketing (Current Employee) –  Melville,NYJune 29, 2012
Constant flow of positive energy! You are always being trained and advanced. The management is supportive and acknowledges great efforts.
Pros
the ability to advance
Great environment to work in!
Telemarketing (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 9, 2012
Everyone works as a cohesive team! Everyone is very nice and respectful. High energy and a lot of motivation from management.
Pros
knowledgeable managers and employees
Cons
fast-paced environment
Poor Management and Unfair Compensation
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAApril 11, 2012
They take advantage of individuals in compensation to new associates in the Merchant Services industry.
Pros
schedule
Cons
unfair compensation
BEST sales job out there!
Outside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Home-basedJuly 9, 2012
I was apprehensive to take a commission based job during this economy, but after giving it it a shot, I am thrilled I did. I've been an outside sales rep for federated payments about 6 months now. At first, the information was a little over whelming but my regional sales manager is continuously helping me get better each day and close deals. The telemarketing department really helps because you receive real leads, so as long as your good at sales, there is always opportunity to make money.
Pros
motivational and knowledgeable managers, pre-qualified leads
Cons
very on-the-go
horrible
telemarketer/ appointment setter (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 13, 2014
horrible management , horrible leads , does not care about employees . dead end job no room for growth
Pros
Cons
2 10 min breaks 1 half hour break
“Much better than the other companies that I've worked for in this field!!”
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  MelvilleJune 25, 2012
Don't usually take the time to write a review but I felt I had to in this case. i have been in merchant services industry for the past 10 years with 3 different companies. I can tell you out of them all, Federated is the best by far that I've been at. It's a good team and the sales managers are really helpful. Been here a year
Pros
good money, a lot of leads, good people. very reputable company
Cons
long day. i like to stay and call all the west coast leads. have to be good at multitasking
Not a good fit for me
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 28, 2014
I was called in for a "Customer Service" position and put into a telemarketing training class. After I requested, I was then allowed to move to the Technical Support Service Department which unfortunately was not a good match for my abilities; therefore I graciously resigned.
fun work place, management not so good
Calling business leads in order to solicit sales (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 5, 2013
a typical day here would be coming in, putting on head set starting dialer and beginning to make calls. 10 minute breaks every 3 hours, half hour lunch break, managers don't really do much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FEDERATED PAYMENTS. Our community is ready to answer.