Federated Service Solutions Employee Reviews

Omg, run
Senior Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIOctober 5, 2017
Owner has multiple companies and if there is a way to cut spending it will happen even if it means good people are let go fo do the job they were hired for. Daughter runs this company so he can get the "woman Owned" business breaks and makes everyone aware of it.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
no advancement, no job security, and EVREYONE is afraid of the owner when he is in the building everyone is walking on egg shells
the type of work was enjoyable
Low-Voltage Technician/Network Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Nation wideAugust 23, 2017
I did like working for FSS.
How ever I was not happy with the amount of work that was available.
I needed full time work, and was on what basically on on call basis.
Pros
travel
Cons
lack of work on a consistent basis
This is the place to be
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMay 29, 2017
I did 2 stints with this company and had a very good experience both times. The owner is good to work for and dedicated to the work force. The only improvement I wold make is a commitment to the best quality tools.
People who care - coworkers and managers!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 24, 2017
Really easy to get along with coworkers and managers. From day one, people were very friendly and wanted to help me - feels like family. I was trained on the job, shadowing other employees and my boss. Once I grasped my routine tasks, I started working on my own. If I don't know something, I look it up in internal resources, or external internet searches. I like that - being able to try to figure it out and learn on my own, rather than being told what to do for every single little thing. My boss and coworkers are here to answer questions for me whenever I need. They listen to my ideas too.
Coworkers are nice
Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 10, 2017
Training is terrible. You pretty much just learn as you go. Management was good. The day to day stuff was tedious, but easy. The hardest part about the job was creating documents using a template, but with a lack of documentation to put in to the template.
Benefits
Cons
a single 30 minute lunch break
Job was ok not great
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 7, 2017
Travel to jobs across the U.S. You had to pay for your travel expenses up front and then be reimbursed which I did not like.
They did not have work for long periods of time which made it hard.
Pros
Grat fist step out of college
Technical Administrator/ IT Engineer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 17, 2014
this position had great potential and OK pay, management was good but I could not stay with company after moving
Nice Culture
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  MIAugust 21, 2014
Very young company with great team efforts. Ability to learn new technologies and grow.
Lack of work
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 21, 2013
Working crew and lead tech great to work with. Traveled in many states installing Wifi. Great pay.
Pros
traveling and crew i worked with
Cons
being laid off when promissed there would be none.
great coworkers
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 18, 2012
not a bad place to work.strong community among the workers. pay was low by current standards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federated Service Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8