Federation of State Medical Boards

Federation of State Medical Boards Employee Reviews

Fast Phased Environment
FCVS/Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXSeptember 28, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with state medical board members and physicians. I do really enjoy the day to day interaction and daily tasks.

The hardest part of the job is the instability with internal process and procedures.
Very Cozy environment
Administrative Assistant/Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXAugust 16, 2017
I liked that Federation of State Medical Boards worked to cater to the consumer and it was an amazing experience. I enjoyed the relationships that I made with my coworkers as well as management.
There are no opportunities for advancement at this company.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 2, 2017
This is a small company with no opportunities for advancement. Once a pleasant company to work for, the culture has changed over the years and the values have changed as well.
Great work enviroment
Administrator of GMEConnect (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Working at the Fed of State Medical Board was an awesome opportunity to offer technical support all over the US and Canada. Providing accuracy for doctors training and knowledge to better secure the physicians for others was very inspiring.
Pros
Opportunity to meet others
stressful
Credentialing Analyst through ProStaff Agency (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXJanuary 5, 2017
once you get a hang of the job its a breeze but meanwhile your are going through rings of fire and large hail balls to stay afloat.

They have weekly or biweekly quotas to adhere to regarding processing portfolios for doctors.

the training is fast because you learn more as you go with errors on what not to do.

There were two supervisors that went out of their way to help you all others didn't care AT ALL.

just be ready to fight for you job and stay focused because as soon as you get relaxed the work load gets heavier!
Pros
great people to work with/ 10% MATCHING 401K!!!!!!!
Cons
not so great supervisors
Great organization to work for
Credentialist (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXDecember 29, 2016
This organization truly cares about its employees, which is evident in the employee appreciation lunches, Veteran gifts, Holiday party, birthday treats, Kona Ice, and great work-life balance.
Pros
fantastic benefits
Cons
co-workers who don't pull their own weight
Atmosphere is Nurturing
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXOctober 26, 2016
The management staff is very hands on and in tune with the employees and their needs. Training is a plus here, you get all the training you need and more.

My daily schedule is to process the daily production report, expense reports, matrix reports for customer satisfaction and customer resolution, reconciling and processing (4) major invoices of over $200,000, preparing minutes for weekly meetings.

I have learned the nature of their business which has many facets and departments that inter-mingle very smoothly.
Great People, very nice & good variety of work
Executive Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXJune 16, 2016
I worked at FSMB as an Executive Assistant and loved the people. The Senior level Exec I supported was very direct, honest and supportive of my career. I highly recommend the work environment. People are very welcoming and help the new person fit right in.
Pros
Flexible Work Hours
Cons
Benefits (medical / dental) lacking
Decent enough company
N/A (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXDecember 8, 2015
Was a nice place in beginning - then !!!
Management pick and choose who their favorites are as always in companies, and those are the people who get hired while the others are micro managed and let go or ganged up on. They tell you one thing and then turn around and deny...

Job was actually a good job working with providers or with the schools to get verification completed.

Just be careful
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great place to be and Work
Physicians Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXOctober 22, 2015
In my position the average day was spent communicating with institutions and physicians to obtain records necessary for that physicians licensing. The facilities were awesome. The management was responsive. I truly enjoyed the time I spent there.
Very busy company
Credentials Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Euless, TexasAugust 23, 2015
I truly enjoyed working for this company. The management was always there for the employees and I learned a lot about physicians and medical boards.
Pros
Enjoyed the opportunity to grow with the company
Cons
They took away over-time work occassionally
Good job
Credentialing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXAugust 19, 2015
Place had great pay and benefits however they brought in new management and things didn't go so well. The people I worked with at the time were great though.
Pros
Alot of pot lucks and fun with company
Cons
the change in management did not go well
Provides a Needed Service
Credentials Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXMarch 20, 2015
Although they provide a needed service, the inner working of the credentials verification section is very dysfunctional. There is a great deal of turnover because of poor management including the lack of understanding what management is and lack of training of proper management. This is not a reflection of the people themselves, You can only work with the skills you have. Because of the dysfunction, production was always behind, causing the staff to work under stressful conditions. If they could ever get management pulled together, this would be a dream job. The work is interesting and provides you with skills you can take to any other job.
Pros
Great Healthcare, Christmas Parties
Cons
Poor Management - Credentials Verification Section Only
wonderful place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXJanuary 21, 2015
From day one I enjoyed and have treasured my time with the FSMB. The people I worked with were the most awesome people and it felt like family many times.
Cool company to work for.
Data Analyst (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXAugust 13, 2014
What more is there to say? It pays the bills and you won't come home with a head ache.
Pros
No managers over your shoulder.
Cons
Some employees can be a bit annoying.
entry level quality assurance auditor
auditor (Former Employee) –  euless txJuly 29, 2014
I had applied for this position as a Quality Assurance Auditor with great experience but I was told it was a entry level position and told me the pay was a little less than what I was making at my last job.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
work with a team, always being watched
Not a freindley place
Identity Document Clerk (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXMarch 31, 2014
I am glad I have recieved a new type of knowledge working in this place with the new changes but so far that's the only thing I'll take with me along my new journey.
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
micro managing
Nice Place to work
Credential Inquiry Specialist/ Analyst (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXMarch 27, 2014
really enjoyed working here. co-workers were great. nice atmosphere.
Productive workplace
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXNovember 24, 2013
Busy assisting physicians with completing their profiles in order to obtain a state license.
Job
Physician Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXJuly 12, 2013
FSMB is a job, it is not a career opportunity employer. The benefits are good, the pay is fair considering, but the management and over all morals of the company are political and bias.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federation of State Medical Boards. Our community is ready to answer.

Federation of State Medical Boards Reviews by Location