FedSys, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Good company management
Executive Mentor (Former Employee) –  Spin Boldak, AfghanistanJanuary 31, 2013
Each day I would meet with the US Army Command at the US Military base-Spin Boldak, Afghanistan. On a daily basis we would discuss security issues at the Afghan Border Checkpoint and Afghan Customs Facility at Weesh, Afghanistan. We would also review Intelligence reports that had any bearing on the daily operations at the Border Checkpoint or Customs facility. Each day I would contact command officials with the Afghan Border Police, the Afghan Customs Police and the Afghan Customs Director. Several times a week, depending on other Army operations, the US Army would escort me or members of our team to the Weesh Border Checkpoint, where we would meet with Afghan officials to discuss border operation strategy. I would make operational plans/assessments for security of the Border Checkpoint and Customs Department. I would escort and meet with US Army Generals and other lesser commanders and provide subject matter expert advise concerning border enforcement management.
Pros
good pay, good people
Cons
working in a war zone-afghanistan
Wonderful group of people to work with
Payroll Associate (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJune 20, 2012
As a workplace, FedSys, Inc. has a fun and relaxed atmosphere. The company is smaller than my previous firm; therefore, in the beginning of my employment, I enjoyed being on the ground floor of an up and coming company. My ideas were considered and I was given a lot of latitude in the development of company policies and procedures. I felt like my experience was appreciated and that I made a difference in the company. As the company grew and management staff has expanded, my ablity to make a difference has waned. On the other hand, while at FedSys, I have been given the opportunity to learn many new tasks and to shoulder increasing responsibilities. For instance, I participated in the conversion process from one Accounting System (Procas) to a more complex system (Deltek GCS) as well as a transition from submitting payroll on a spreadsheet to our payroll provider to uploading employee timesheets into a Payroll System and submitting payroll electronically. Likewise, I am now able to prepare payroll for international government contracts, including the calculation of Hardship and Hazard pay for various regions globally. Additionally, I have set up and maintained employee records in the Accounting, Payroll and timekeeping systems for over 300 employees. Overall, I have significantly expanded my Accounting skills as well as fine- tuned existing skills during my tenure at FedSys, Inc. which has made my employment with the company quite rewarding.
Pros
great healthcare coverage & leave policy
Cons
not much room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedSys, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3