Feed My Starving Children Employee Reviews

Influential, serious, and efficent
Volunteer (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNApril 29, 2015
Pros: Making a difference
Cons: N/A
Working as a team with strangers to get first handedly involved in stopping world hunger is an empowering; lively feeling.
Feed kids across the world and feel good about your work
Team Lead (Former Employee), Eagan, MNApril 21, 2015
Pros: Organizational Purpose
Cons: Labor intensive work
A typical day included greeting volunteers, introducing them to FMSC as an organization, and making sure they have a fun, enjoyable packing session within the constraints of following FDA standards.

I learned more proper forms of management. I also was able to apply more training and development techniques. I learned how to delegate more effectively to work smarter not harder.

I enjoyed working with the management and the co-workers. They were outgoing, fun, entertaining, and committed to the organization because of who it served.

The hardest part of the job was getting enough rest for the next shift/day. The most enjoyable part was knowing we were creating meals from our own hands to be distributed to kids who needed it the most.
Great way of improving world-wide child hunger
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Eagan, MNMarch 9, 2015
Pros: helping others
I loved volunteering here because you get this sense of accomplishment, by taking time out of our days to pack up some manna packs and increase the number of children with food in their stomachs. I believe in improving the world in this is one amazing way to help contribute.
Fun and productive
Volunteer (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 16, 2015
We get into groups and package food as a team

i experience team work every time i volunteer

my co-workers are hardworking, kind, and time efficient

the hardest part of the job is trying to package as much food as possible -we are timed and we always aim to beat our amount packaged from the previous time we volunteered

the most enjoyable part is knowing i am helping end starvation
helping people in need
Volunteer, HIV/AIDS Program AFISAF (Current Employee), Eagan, MNNovember 12, 2014
I volunteered in Yaounde ,Cameroon as a medical doctor to raised awareness, educated and provided counsel to groups and individuals,
assisted with home care visits to those affected by HIV.
provided emotional support to HIV infected patients.
I learned that just by giving a little of your time to other you can save many life. we worked as a team and enjoyed everyday. the most enjoyable part of the the was to see a desperate person become happy and want to re -enjoy life.
Making a Difference
Fighting Hunger (Former Employee), Mall of americaAugust 14, 2014
We prepared care packages for kids with cancer it was a great experience . because I felt like I was making a difference even though only three people came to help we still beat our goal of 50 boxes .
It is a fun volunteer experience
Volunteer (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 22, 2014
Pros: packing food for starving children in other countries
Feed My Starving Children is a Christian volunteering facility were you stand for 2 hour a day packing vitamins, dehydrated vegetables, soy, and rice for starving children in undeveloped and poor countries. It is for anyone 8 and up, if you have a disability or not, and it is a lot of fun.
Volunteer work
Senior Year Volunteering (Former Employee), 401 93rd Ave NW, Coon Rapids, MN 55433July 18, 2014
I did Volunteer work at this place called feed my starving children it was new to me and the new things we did was fun like we bagged and labeled rice I met new people learned things about Haiti.
Productive and great energy environment
Packer/Shipper (Current Employee), Eagan,MNJuly 15, 2014
I learned that it is good to give back to the world by taking time out of your day to pack food to people that don't have food makes you feel really good about yourself and to know your helping kids grow and develop.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Schaumburg ILMarch 17, 2014
Assist staff and volunteers with packing emergency food boxes.
It was a great avenue to help people
Volunteer (Former Employee), Coon rapidsJune 4, 2013
Pros: organized
I was a volunteer. It was nice to work with the employees as it seemed that everyone chose to be there.
Feed My Starving Children was Volunteering work to help Feed the Hunger in Africa, Asia and other Locations outside the US.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Eagan MNJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: great volunteer experience
We packed boxes that contain dinners that would feed up to 5 people in one package. The food contained soy, rice, chicken and veggies.
Positive, hard-working environment
Team Leader (Current Employee), MinnesotaNovember 27, 2012
- A typical work day involves being extremely enthusiastic, and creating a positive, exciting environment for volunteers to be a part of