Feed My Starving Children Employee Reviews

great work environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNMay 16, 2017
typical work day consists of packaging meals for underprivileged children. I learned how to work efficiently and productively with individuals of all backgrounds. Horizontal management style as there is one manager and many workers. Positive culture that embraces diversity. Hardest part of the job is finding volunteers to work at a specific time and location. Most enjoyable part of the job is realizing that your efforts are directly affecting another person's life in a positive way.
Great volunteering/public service experience
Community Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 11, 2017
Our Tamil school held a volunteering/community service event in Chicago. We helped a local church in the City serve homeless people freshly prepared food. It was a one-time thing. Since this was a group effort, it was a very relaxed environment. The best part was getting the opportunity to help the underprivileged in our metro area.
Productive and fun work area
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 10, 2017
Feed my Starving children is a good way to give back to the community and help children in other countries in need. It is a good way to volunteer an help
packing food
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 9, 2017
I enjoying going to feed my starving children. I really feel like I was able to make a difference in the lives of those who don't get much food. It also made me thankful for what I have.
Pros
doing something for the better
Cons
people yelling
Awesome organization
Volunteering at Martin Luther Manner (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 2, 2017
Very fun, very good effort and good reasoning. Loved the educational part before volunteering. Never worked there only volunteered ! Would go back with friends, family, groups And other kids
Everybody is professional as well as fun to be around
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMay 1, 2017
As a volunteer at Feed My Starving Children, everybody who works there are always professional and friendly and professional. If you have spare time on the weekend or during the week it's a great place to volunteer your time.
Pros
always good people working
Cons
I don't know of any
It was ok
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNApril 12, 2017
Basically what you'd expect. Standard volunteer work. I was in and out each time I went there. It is always more fun when you go with a group of friends.
productive workplace
Food Packer (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 27, 2017
it was a lot of fun going and you get to meet very cool people working, and i learned alot of good things that i can use in my future emoployments so ya
fun experience
VBS summer volunteer (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 20, 2017
Group of people come into work place and put together bags of food for children for a certain country that day. people are very friendly and caring. You learn of problems in the other countries as well as how you can help solve the problem.
Wonderful place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 14, 2017
Feed My Starving Children is an organization that packages nutritional food to starving children in third world countries. The packages of food we make for them are specially designed for children suffering from extreme malnutrition. These kids need a special diet to help them get back to health. The packages contain rice, soy, dried vegetables, vitamins, and seasoning to flavor it. The culture is very high energy and positive, everyone works hard to meet a common goal. We all are passionate about helping children all over the world who desperately need nutritional help. There is a lot of team work which makes it easy to get a lot accomplished. The most enjoyable part is knowing that we made a difference feeding these kids.
A productive place to work with team effort
Stocking (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 11, 2017
It was a very fun place to volunteer at and working there is a shared responsibility. However you can apply for an application there if you wanted to be paid.
Pros
It was a team effort
Cons
Long moments of working
very fast paced
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJanuary 30, 2017
Very fast paced workplace with many people also there, communication skills have to be used there. I enjoyed the place.
Pros
fun
Cons
Good fun place to volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 5, 2017
I was a volunteer here many times, and needless to say its great. I know exactly what to do, and its like I know the presentation word for word. I work competitively here to get on the record board and I have once, so hard work pays off!
Great Organization
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNDecember 27, 2016
I love what Feed My Starving Children offers to less fortunate, starving countries around the world. I love being a part of their support team and helping to make a difference.
great place
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 25, 2016
great place to be packing food for people around the world so they can eat. Great place to help other people in need. packed rice soy and meat in to boxes
Good Experence
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNNovember 10, 2016
Getting to help feed all the starving children in the world was really an amazing experience. I felt like a hero to all the children in the world.
Pros
Helping Others
Cons
Having to wear hairnets
Work Time
Food Packer (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 14, 2016
Great work environment
great workers to be around
customers were always satisfied with what they received
Cleaned my work space to ensure no insects would come around the food
Pros
good environment
Productive, Fun and Purpose Driven Organization
Corporate Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJuly 27, 2016
Feed My Starving Children is a highly productive, fun loving and purpose driven organization. I left the organization to finish my Graduate studies. However, it is one of the best companies I have ever worked for as a safety professional.
Pros
The passion and commitment of employees
Cons
Pay was not compatible with my experience as a safety professional
Positive and fun work environment
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2016
The workplace is quite fun with the ability to interact with excited volunteers and positive coworkers. The organization's mission is something that is quite easy to become passionate about while feeling like you are making a difference.
Had lots of fun while working for a great cause
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJune 7, 2016
Enjoyed my experience with this company. Meant a lot to me. The Co-workers at 'Feed My starving children where some of the most caring individuals I've ever word with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Feed My Starving Children. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7