Feed My Starving Children Employee Reviews in United States

Had lots of fun while working for a great cause
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJune 7, 2016
Enjoyed my experience with this company. Meant a lot to me. The Co-workers at 'Feed My starving children where some of the most caring individuals I've ever word with.
Generally fun and productive Environment
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 23, 2016
During my time as a volunteer, I worked with amazing staff that was fully dedicated to what they were there for. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know people and doing my part to better help the company.
MBA Research Consultant
MBA Marketing Research Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 4, 2016
Part of my required curriculum in the MBA program as a part of our applied business research course. Find a viable city for FMSC to open a new permanent location in.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2016
Feed My Starving children has helped thousands around the world. Working there voluntarily opened my eyes to how hard and stressful the job is in meeting the deadline and besting each goal.
Pros
Meeting new enthusiastic individuals who want to better our world.
Cons
Long and tiring but worth it.
Humbling
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 2, 2016
Great way to give back to those in need! you get to meet new people every time you volunteer, and learn about each country you are packing food for
Great atmoshpere to volunteer at.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 27, 2015
Very exciting place to volunteer at. They inform you of who you are helping and the amount of people you bag food for. A very humbling experience.
Pros
Helping people in need as well as spending time with family and friends.
Cons
N/A
Bringing the community together
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNOctober 24, 2015
Amazing feeling knowing you fed millions of starving children around the world. Volunteering at this place has taught me something, which is learning to work as a team and being proud of what you can accomplish.
charity work
charity (Former Employee) –  charityOctober 21, 2015
This was not a job, this is charity work that I did. We would make and bag thousands of meals to send to families in need across the country. It was a very satisfying and enjoyable experience.
Great time working with other volunteers.
Food Packer (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNOctober 19, 2015
Fun place to work with others. Lot's of team work involved, which is great! Very educational about what is going on where children in poverty don't have as much nutrition.
Fun helping others
Volunteer Meal Packer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 1, 2015
Good place to do work. You feel good knowing you helped other people. Great environment, all staff and volunteers have a positive attitude all the time.
Pros
Helping kids in third word countries
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMay 14, 2015
I learned how to weigh packages and measure things. The best thing about this place is the people you meet, you meet all kinds of people and they're all very kind.
Influential, serious, and efficent
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNApril 29, 2015
Working as a team with strangers to get first handedly involved in stopping world hunger is an empowering; lively feeling.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
N/A
Feed kids across the world and feel good about your work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 21, 2015
A typical day included greeting volunteers, introducing them to FMSC as an organization, and making sure they have a fun, enjoyable packing session within the constraints of following FDA standards.

I learned more proper forms of management. I also was able to apply more training and development techniques. I learned how to delegate more effectively to work smarter not harder.

I enjoyed working with the management and the co-workers. They were outgoing, fun, entertaining, and committed to the organization because of who it served.

The hardest part of the job was getting enough rest for the next shift/day. The most enjoyable part was knowing we were creating meals from our own hands to be distributed to kids who needed it the most.
Pros
Organizational Purpose
Cons
Labor intensive work
Great way of improving world-wide child hunger
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 9, 2015
I loved volunteering here because you get this sense of accomplishment, by taking time out of our days to pack up some manna packs and increase the number of children with food in their stomachs. I believe in improving the world in this is one amazing way to help contribute.
Pros
helping others
Fun and productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 16, 2015
We get into groups and package food as a team

i experience team work every time i volunteer

my co-workers are hardworking, kind, and time efficient

the hardest part of the job is trying to package as much food as possible -we are timed and we always aim to beat our amount packaged from the previous time we volunteered

the most enjoyable part is knowing i am helping end starvation
helping people in need
Volunteer, HIV/AIDS Program AFISAF (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 12, 2014
I volunteered in Yaounde ,Cameroon as a medical doctor to raised awareness, educated and provided counsel to groups and individuals,
assisted with home care visits to those affected by HIV.
provided emotional support to HIV infected patients.
I learned that just by giving a little of your time to other you can save many life. we worked as a team and enjoyed everyday. the most enjoyable part of the the was to see a desperate person become happy and want to re -enjoy life.
Making a Difference
Fighting Hunger (Former Employee) –  Mall of americaAugust 14, 2014
We prepared care packages for kids with cancer it was a great experience . because I felt like I was making a difference even though only three people came to help we still beat our goal of 50 boxes .
It is a fun volunteer experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 22, 2014
Feed My Starving Children is a Christian volunteering facility were you stand for 2 hour a day packing vitamins, dehydrated vegetables, soy, and rice for starving children in undeveloped and poor countries. It is for anyone 8 and up, if you have a disability or not, and it is a lot of fun.
Pros
packing food for starving children in other countries
Volunteer work
Senior Year Volunteering (Former Employee) –  401 93rd Ave NW, Coon Rapids, MN 55433July 18, 2014
I did Volunteer work at this place called feed my starving children it was new to me and the new things we did was fun like we bagged and labeled rice I met new people learned things about Haiti.
Productive and great energy environment
Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Eagan,MNJuly 15, 2014
I learned that it is good to give back to the world by taking time out of your day to pack food to people that don't have food makes you feel really good about yourself and to know your helping kids grow and develop.

4.7