FEED THE CHILDREN

FEED THE CHILDREN Employer Reviews

If you're looking to work for a professionally-run nonprofit, keep looking.
Director in Communications and PR (Former Employee), location-freeDecember 10, 2014
Pros: meaningful mission - feeding hungry children, their community development programs create lasting change, some staff are top notch
Cons: they don't let okc employees work flexible schedules even though out-of-state staff work from home, work-life balance is non-existent, stingy with comp time and other benefits, they don't provide career development
This is NOT a good place to work. The culture is oppressive, from their policies to their manner of interacting with employees.

The idea that "we're all adults" doesn't apply here. They treat their staff like children -- they expect the worst instead of the best, they're patronizing, and they do everything in their power to control all aspects of employee life (including most recently, telling staff that they cannot text coworkers anything personal at any time, work hours or not -- don't ask about hobbies, don't ask how your weekend was, nothing. They run the organization in a very secretive and fear-based manner.

Too many people there are only out for their own self interests. They will do anything to maintain or gain control over others or over work, including getting rid of hardworking enthusiastic people.

They claim to embrace change, challenge convention, value everyone, etc and they launched a new brand and values this year, but it's all lip service. The people who are living out the new brand values get penalized and/or fired.
I really enjoyed working at Farmers Inusrance for the last 10 years
Work History (Former Employee), 333 N MeridianJune 12, 2014
A typical day at work would be coming in for 8-5 I would work with the Total Loss Adjuster after they would settle their claim with the customer. I would be responsible in contacting the customer to collect the correct signed paperwork and I would work with the Lien Holders on getting the Title and/or Lien Release and I would work with the Police department and Tow Yards.
I learned to work well with others.
The Hardest Part of my job was when we all got down sized and had to leave the Company.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers
I had alot of fun worked with great people
Processed checks (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityJanuary 16, 2014
Position was closed but I processed checks, opened mail and fixed opex.
Feed The Children
Vice President (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 5, 2013
Pros: daily satisfaction
Cons: constant internal changes
A very good company to work for. Good people. Great work. Fantastic opportunity to give back to communities all over the world.
Very strict and demanding organization
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Elkhart, INJuly 16, 2013
All working minutes had to be accounted for.

Shifts were long sometimes as long as 18 hours.
love working with kids
Teacher (Former Employee), Arlington, TNJune 12, 2013
a typical day would be staying on schedule because when you stay on schedule kids do better.
I have to always be on point while managing my job because I have parents and kids depending on me. the hardest part would be if a kid got sick, and most enjoyable would be returning the kids in perfect health.
Productive and Fun
Human Resources Administrative Assistance (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 20, 2013
An Administrative Assistant in Human Resources that required doing payroll for over 200 people, kept records of drug tests for potential hires; prepared new-hire kits; guided new employees through the new-hire procedures; worked closely with staffing agencies for temp services; relief for receptionist; counseled with employees experiencing difficulties in work or personal issues.
Amazing Management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Ontario, CAApril 15, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good cause, friendly staff
They all knew what they were doing, they were extremely organized and knew just how to handle inexperienced Volunteers. Would definitely volunteer there again and would encourage others too as well.
Feeds thousands each month but tends to neglect their own employees.
Data/Letter Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 13, 2012
Pros: a new ceo hired; i foresee many improvements to come.
Cons: very low pay for hard work at the bottom rung.
Some employees work a lot harder than others; the ones that work the hardest get paid the least and have the fewest perks.

Supervisors are not very interested in the employees.

Wonderful mission, wonderful work done to feed thousands of needy children around the world.
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), new brunswick, njAugust 30, 2012
A lot of packaging in the working area. Medium to fast paced, Learned about how to not take things for granted because some people are not privileged as others.
Feed the Children
Volunteer (Former Employee), Norman, OKAugust 18, 2012
Pros: meet new people, fast pace.
Cons: hard work
It was a great experience for helping others and working with people. So many other people are hurting and in pain and if we can feed a family and not let them be hungry for one night its worth it. You get to meet people and work in a line assembley.
Not a bad place to work
Item Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 9, 2012
Pros: free lunches when we hit our quota's
Cons: no healthcare for part time
Fast Past
Opex 51, Deposits, Sorting mail
Good
Good
Trying to get my quota
Having lunch with my co-workers
Fun and Exciting Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJApril 26, 2012
Pros: fun and exciting expeirence, able to stay up an active, a great environment to connect with co-workers, very orginized and well supervised
Cons: some works were a tad slow, some works was very negative and sour.
Although it was only a one day Volunteer opportunity, i found this opportunity to be very fun. Most people would think that packaging and shipping is boring, but it turned out in this work environment, we were actually able to make the job fun and get it done very quickly. I would definatly work for this company full-time!
productive and fun place to work
warehousing aide (Former Employee), Ontario,CaliforbiaNovember 27, 2011
I like the job is very energetic theirs a lot to do people their are very help full and respectful, they help you with whatever u need help on.