FEED THE CHILDREN Employee Reviews

Good place
Mail Processor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 24, 2017
I liked working there. Very professional. Good working environment. People were professional and nice. Hours were good. Vacation was great good pay. All around good place
Busy and interesting place to work
Sponsorship Engagement & Processing Manager (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKAugust 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Feed the Children. However I would not recommend anyone to work there. Not a very stable company financially. When I worked there there were 3 different times that they dissolved positions and let people go, with me being one of the people to be let go on the 3rd go around.
Pros
Can learn a lot and some nice people work there.
Cons
Never know when you will be let go.
Wonderful Family Oriented Atmosphere
CEO (Current Employee) –  Meridian, OKJune 27, 2017
Wonderful interaction with customers as well as co-workers. Always a learning environment. Team playing. Managing and maintaining accounts. Wonderful working environment. I love everything about the job. Work seems easy and pleasurable, so much that you actually look forward to going to work.
Pros
Wonderful outreach world wide.
Cons
Part time, no healthcare
Productive and fun place to wor
Data Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 22, 2017
Fun and friendly people
The management is always there to help you
Always busy and productive work to be done daily
Get to work in different departments to learn new things
I liked this job, I felt like I was helping people.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 20, 2017
I liked this job, I felt like I was helping people. The job was challenging, I liked the balancing part of it as well. I also did receptionist at this job as well.
Great Place to Work
Receptionist/Medical Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 18, 2017
Great place to work, I miss working there and the people. We had a great work force everyone helped everyone and the management was always there if you had any issues.
Pros
Great Enviroment
Cons
nothing
Non productive environment to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 17, 2017
Feed the Children call center allowed nonproductive employees to be nonproductive and kept bad behavior going. Supervisors on the evening shift, One was so jealous of others who had self pride in their attire, she used her position as supervisor to attack their job. this job had so many negatives, and no one cared. White privileges.
Pros
communications with customers and helping raise funds for those in need.
Cons
bad behavior out of control
Lousy place to work
Senior Grant Writer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 16, 2017
Tons of pressure and no appreciation. Really unpleasant staff in DC and Oklahoma offices. Apply enormous pressure to employees and fail to give proper tools to accomplish basic jobs. If you get sick and don't have enough leave accumulated it's too bad for you. Fake empathy from supervision who will dump you in a minute if you fail to fulfill unrealistic work goals. Promise independence to employees and then decide to micromanage your every second on the job.
Pros
I might get out of there some day
Cons
See above
Culture of Organization
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 16, 2017
This company really cares about their employees. Also, their mission and vision for the future, not only for the company but for needs of others, is so inspiring.
Unproductive Non-Profit
Corporate Partnerships (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 18, 2016
Feed the Children while operating as a Non-Profit focused on benefiting children and families in need domestically and internationally, fails to focus on creating healthy, productive work environments for their employees. Management and HR personnel create a culture of unhealthy competitiveness, non-communication, lack of education/training for employees, lack of setting expectations or goals for employees, and cultivating an environment that thrives on gossip, harassment, and productivity out of fear in a quasi dictatorship.
The lack of management and effective departmental structure and reporting structures leads to employees mismanaging their time, mismanaging donor resources, and creating unhealthy and harassing work environments.
Not a good place to work for persons 55 plus
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 14, 2016
The customer base was good. People donating to help those in need of food, clothes and shelter. The staff in the call center had their clicks and trouble. The supervisor over the entire call center was not respectful, micro messaging among staff members. No diversity in the staffing. Not a good place to work. During my training period I received very little information concerning orientation of the systems we worked with. new employees are assigned to different staff members for training. Some gave no training at all. The higher up staff members did not to help with the problems exiting.The hardest part of this job was coming to such a negative environment. The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting via communicating with the donors.
Pros
doing something to help others
Cons
negative environment to work
Good money
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 8, 2016
You don't work weekends and you get pretty cool benefits. Everybody is always nice there. Workload is not distributed equally so expect to get paid the same as the person doing nothing while they have you doing tough projects that give you no advancement in the company.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Feeding the Children
Daycare Provider (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2016
I would fix the children breakfast/Lunch in my home. I had to go by FDA feeding rules for all three meals Monday-Friday.I learned how to make menu"s and nutritional idea's
Pros
Meals replaced each Time I feed a child
Cons
not a long program
Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 14, 2016
Managing 1000's of volunteers for a worthy cause was very rewarding. Met people willing to serve and give of their time unconditionally.
Pros
Enjoyed working with Volunteers and sharing community outreach
Cons
Administrations to Top Heavy
Pretty laid back type of job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 17, 2016
Loved being able to work alone out doors with my child. I enjoyed having weekends off. It was a great opportunity to feed children the meals they would've missed because of school being out for the summer.
Pros
Free lunch and being able to take my child to work
Cons
Travel
Very Family Oriented and Caring Working Environment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 2, 2016
Great Company to work for. I feel like I am entering my home when I walk into work. The staff is very friendly and caring of our well being. I absolutely love working for Feed The Children.
some of the best co-workers i have worked with.
Supply Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 28, 2015
My day is spent making sure that required stock is available and supply orders are filled asap. that the mail that comes in is processed, and the incoming mail is delivered promptly and to the right department. people are being helped each day by our work.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
n\a
Not committed to identifying the factual NEEDS of the organization that could make a difference
Management (Former Employee) –  Corporate OfficeMay 6, 2015
The organization is extremely unstable...
Ex... too many programs to fund, poor leadership among the C-levels & VP's (incompetent and don't own mistakes) no job security, no team-work, push the blame, silos between leadership and their own team, non trustworthy, absolutely ZERO employee development, no flex hours, spend more money than they make
Pros
Could have a good culture if they got rid of "old school" leadership, employees, wonderful mission/vision
Cons
No Leadership, No Development, Closing departments/facilities and selling off assets creating lay-offs
Dedicated to a world view mission of ensuring no child goes to bed hungry
Art Director (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 22, 2015
A typical day at work involves troubleshooting design issues, meeting with clients and C-Level personnel. Each day presents new challenges and opportunities to learn, advance, and grow professionally. My co-workers are dedicated to the mission of the company. The hardest part of the job is managing the short deadlines and urgent projects that come in last minute without full information to complete the projects successfully on the first time so there are frequent re-designs. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have a part in making a difference in someone's life. I am able to utilize my skills to be part of something bigger than myself.
Pros
World Mission of Change; Dedicated Colleagues
Cons
Slow process for change
If you're looking to work for a professionally-run nonprofit, keep looking.
Director in Communications and PR (Former Employee) –  location-freeDecember 10, 2014
This is NOT a good place to work. The culture is oppressive, from their policies to their manner of interacting with employees.

The idea that "we're all adults" doesn't apply here. They treat their staff like children -- they expect the worst instead of the best, they're patronizing, and they do everything in their power to control all aspects of employee life (including most recently, telling staff that they cannot text coworkers anything personal at any time, work hours or not -- don't ask about hobbies, don't ask how your weekend was, nothing. They run the organization in a very secretive and fear-based manner.

Too many people there are only out for their own self interests. They will do anything to maintain or gain control over others or over work, including getting rid of hardworking enthusiastic people.

They claim to embrace change, challenge convention, value everyone, etc and they launched a new brand and values this year, but it's all lip service. The people who are living out the new brand values get penalized and/or fired.
Pros
Meaningful mission - feeding hungry children, their community development programs create lasting change, some staff are top notch
Cons
They don't let OKC employees work flexible schedules even though out-of-state staff work from home, Work-life balance is non-existent, Stingy with comp time and other benefits, They don't provide career development