Feeding America

Feeding America Employer Reviews

Volunteer (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 13, 2014
Its a place where there very helpful and responsible people.
WareHouse
Packer and Sorter (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 30, 2014
I sorted Through Foods, Checked the expiration Dates. I got rid of the bad foods and packed the good foods according to the type of food it was. I enjoyed working there it was pretty much very easy going. It Was also volunteer work.
Help out with battered women
Housekeeper (Former Employee), milwaukee,WIMarch 21, 2014
Pros: gained experience
Cons: no breaks
Daystar is a shelter to battered women. I actually was volunteering there , I didn't ask for any pay. I was a housekeeper but I also took the time out to hear the women problems and tried to help as much as I can. That was a great experience.
Helping people help the needy while I gain some work experience.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 20, 2013
Pros: work experience
Cons: dust and insects.
I volunteer at Feeding America a typical day at the job would be for me to make some friendly conversation with the other workers to make time go by while we completed a task.I learned that it doesn't matter what my task is at hand i will get the job done.The hardest part of the job was when the big containers were getting low and either me or one of – more... my coworkers would have to hope in to retrieve the remaining items from the containers.The most enjoyable part of my day was when it was break time,because I got a chance to meet all different kinds of people trying to help their communities. – less
Nice place to volunteer with the usual easy going day,
Volunteer (Former Employee), Land O' Lakes, FLDecember 18, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: not super clean.
A usual day consists of going in and getting right down to it, sorting food and making sure everything is perfect! This is a nice place to volunteer and possibly work if you don't have the energy for a high paced kind of work environment.
Productive and fun place to work for.
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great company all around. management, activities.
Cons: non
Data entry of product and other administrative duties. I learned how the food banks operate and how they help the people in need. Learned different computer programs. Management was great! Kept everyone updated on our progress and got compensated for it. My co-workers were great to work with still friends with most of them. Nothing hard about the job – more... until we were laid off. The most enjoyable was learning new things everyday for moving up. – less
Fun and calm work place. Things get done along with lots of laughter.
Data entry clerk (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 25, 2013
My typical day at work resolved around getting things done in a timely matter as well as sticking to what I had to do also taking on additional responsibilities when need be. I've learned to work fast and be precise about what I had to do because sometimes the time limit was short but I got it done. My co-workers were the best at keeping the mood up – more... and alive. Never a dull moment with them. If have to say the hardest part was sitting all day. Other than that it was a breeze. The .most enjoyable part was coming in everyday knowing I had a nice work load and got right to it with no problem at all. – less
my life
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 3, 2013
my typical day at work was to come and do different thin gs and make sure i was always on time and
volunteer
Cashier (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 23, 2013
Pros: free food for thoese in need
I was a volunteer there for a while. The people there was nice, great, and helpfull to all that walked in therer building. I've learned that giving to people is a good feeling n that every one in the Milwaukee area needs a little help at times. The hardest part about the job well there wasn't really nothing hard about it i loved it there even tho I – more... was just a volunteer. I enjoyed every momment of working there for free because I knew I was doing somthing great for thoses wjo needed the most and didn't have much to give. – less
Helping people
Volunteer (Former Employee), Kutztown, PADecember 13, 2012
Feeding America is a non-profit organization that donates food to families in need and to homeless people. Last year my fraternity
Brothers and I raised 287 pounds of can food to donate to Feeding America.
productive and fun work place
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, MIJune 7, 2012
Pros: ok pay
Cons: part time work
The job was very diverified.
It was a fun job.
The workers are good people.
Intern
Outreach & Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 7, 2012
Pros: welcoming staff
Cons: can't think of any
I loved working at this organization. The staff is very warm and inviting and are passionate about the work that they do.
Mission focused Non-Profit Hunger Relief Organization
Logistics (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 23, 2012
Pros: great benefits, flexible work schedules.
Cons: funding is based on donations, which can be an issue.
Feeding America is involved in the fight against hunger in the United States. Every job at FA supports this mission. This is a great organization to support. The people are dedicated to the mission and are all hard working.
Feeding America
Packager (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 16, 2012
Pros: free snacks, clean eating environment, respectful employees
Cons: mice, inconvenient entrance into the building, no personal lock for items; 1 key for all lockers
This is a descent company to work for. I am participating through TANF(W-2) so it is currently volunteer work. I am comfortable with working at this company. I would like to be employed by the company though.
Fast paced environment with a dedicated staff
Senior Human Resources Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits
Fast paced environment with a dedicated staff. I have enjoyed working here the last 14 years. Feeding American is dedicated to providing a thriving and relationship building environment for staff.