Feeding America Employee Reviews

Helping to Feed the Hungry
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2017
Working at Feeding America is a chance to really help people in need. It is fast paced work and a friendly atmosphere. everyone working together as a team!
Great Place to Work
Picker (Former Employee) –  Comstock Park, MIJanuary 4, 2017
Working at Feeding America as a Picker was an excellent job. I did not meet a single co-worker in my time there that I did not get along with. Everyone there was always willing to help you if you needed it. Great work atmosphere!
OK pace nice people nice place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 8, 2016
OK place to work nice people nice place to work nice people understandable great trucks would always recommend to anyone else where are some environmental everyone's friendly everyone is nice people can grow in a company
warehouse sorter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 11, 2016
A lot of standing, fast paced; hot; a lot of work, teamwork, all ages, a lot of cleaning, long hours, in neighborhood; different shifts, free food.
Pros
Free food
Cons
A lot of standing.
Great workplace with instant rewards
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2016
Feeding America in the biggest umbrella organisation for Foodbanks in the USA. Supporting the most unfortunate in today's society is an instant reward.
Mission focused team
National Disaster Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2016
Feeding America is committed to addressing hunger across the Nation. From this organizations national headquarters (National Office) they work to support more than 200 food banks around the country.

The work environment is very flexible and encourages telecommuting and flexible work schedules.

Dealing with many different CEOs and Executive leadership can be challenging. Funding issues are always a concern as NGOs balance mission vs income. But that is a part of the business.
Pros
Caring people
Cons
Headquarters in Chicago makes cost of living and salary hard to navigate.
Packaging can goods
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 15, 2016
My coworkers were my church members , we were volunteers. We helped package can goods. Whatever food wasn't good we threw away.
ok work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 26, 2016
working and a warehouse very cold and labeling boxes, frozen, cans , meats, snacks like chips, soda, etc it was very nice people there and warehouse work is great
Challenging but productive slow paced
Operations & Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Oversee the daily warehouse operations, create training SOPs, power points, train, coach, team. Write Company policies.
Pros
Monday through Friday early hours, Work life family balance
Cons
Low rate of compensation
Productive and Volunteer services
volunteer service (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 29, 2015
It was just volunteer work on any day I picked. I learned the value of blessings and gave back to the community. The management was great. My co-workers were kind and hardworking. There was no hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others and making sure that the world is a better place for everyone. Also, making sure everyone has the food, water, clothing and supply they needed.
Pros
Helping others and giving back to the community.
Cons
No Cons.
Get What You Give
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 2, 2015
This was volunteer work so compensation/benefits and advancement did not factor in, though the task of working was not without satisfaction. The people you'll find will be there because they care about the cause of feeding the under-privileged and are a pleasure to have at your side.
Pros
Variety of work, air-conditioned break room, mannered employees
Cons
the occasional batch of rotten meat/spoiled fruits & vegetables
Very humbling & rewarding
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 23, 2015
Working for feeding America through my church was one of the greatest privileges I've had. it was very rewarding to put food and smiles on peoples faces.
Pros
Daily smiles
Cons
Seeing people at their lowest
Productive workplace based on ethnic values
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Feeding America operates on the values below:
- Respect
- Stewardship and accountability
- Collaborations
- Urgency
- Service
- Integrity
- Diversity
Pros
Supporting the ones in need
Feeding Less Fortunate People
Volunteer worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 14, 2014
Serving the less fortunate meals &setting Up tables and chairs and cleaning back up.
Pros
free lunches
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 13, 2014
Its a place where there very helpful and responsible people.
WareHouse
Packer and Sorter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 30, 2014
I sorted Through Foods, Checked the expiration Dates. I got rid of the bad foods and packed the good foods according to the type of food it was. I enjoyed working there it was pretty much very easy going. It Was also volunteer work.
Help out with battered women
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  milwaukee,WIMarch 21, 2014
Daystar is a shelter to battered women. I actually was volunteering there , I didn't ask for any pay. I was a housekeeper but I also took the time out to hear the women problems and tried to help as much as I can. That was a great experience.
Pros
gained experience
Cons
no breaks
Helping people help the needy while I gain some work experience.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 20, 2013
I volunteer at Feeding America a typical day at the job would be for me to make some friendly conversation with the other workers to make time go by while we completed a task.I learned that it doesn't matter what my task is at hand i will get the job done.The hardest part of the job was when the big containers were getting low and either me or one of my coworkers would have to hope in to retrieve the remaining items from the containers.The most enjoyable part of my day was when it was break time,because I got a chance to meet all different kinds of people trying to help their communities.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Dust and Insects.
Nice place to volunteer with the usual easy going day,
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLDecember 18, 2013
A usual day consists of going in and getting right down to it, sorting food and making sure everything is perfect! This is a nice place to volunteer and possibly work if you don't have the energy for a high paced kind of work environment.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
Not super clean.
Productive and fun place to work for.
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2013
Data entry of product and other administrative duties. I learned how the food banks operate and how they help the people in need. Learned different computer programs. Management was great! Kept everyone updated on our progress and got compensated for it. My co-workers were great to work with still friends with most of them. Nothing hard about the job until we were laid off. The most enjoyable was learning new things everyday for moving up.
Pros
Great company all around. Management, activities.
Cons
Non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Feeding America. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3