Feeding South Florida Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Park, FLJuly 31, 2015
Feeding South Florida is one big close knit group of people who are fun to work with! They always have something for us to do! Their tasks range from sorting to filing.
Feeding South Florida
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 5, 2012
This job is very rewarding for me because its all about helping those in need. The schedule is excellent M-F all holidays off. What I am not happy with is the health insurance is costly and our family has a $10,000.00 per year deductible and no advancement opportunities. Please don't contact this employer because the reason I am leaving the job is because I am relocating to Jacksonville.
Pros
excellent work schedule
Cons
bad health insurance benefits, and no place for advancement
The top Food Bank in South Florida
Partner Services window (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Park, FLDecember 17, 2012
The Food Bank was a fulfilling place to work. I left Partner Services for about 2 years to open & operate Feeding South Florida's SNAP Program, but missed the daily 'chaos' of the Pantry window and all of the volunteers from the various agencies. Every day was 'hit the ground running' and keep up the pace until leaving each evening. The day flew by! To know how many people the food was reaching was the hook which kept me for 7 years until a new administration came aboard and decided to try a different approach; and my department was eliminated.
Pros
doing good for the community and being really helpful to all employees
Cons
lack of raises, healthcare was provided, but with a huge deductable.
Great place to serve if you've got a heart for the community
Senior Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Park, FLAugust 16, 2012
It's a feel-good place to work, as the company provides food and other staples to the less-fortunate members of the South Florida community through a network of partner agencies. Not a place to work if you're in it for the money; the people there are in it for their heart to serve, but it's great to get paid for doing what you love! They have a comprehensive benefits package. The hardest part of the job is the long days and that no matter how we grow, the need in the community grows faster. The most enjoyable part of the day is the smiles and the gratitude on the faces of the families receiving much needed life staples.
Pros
great benefits package including healthcare
Cons
long days; no room to grow or job stability
Accepting Environment
Manager-Waiter (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Park, FLJuly 26, 2012
A typical day at work open my mind to learn new things and to be able to communicate with each and everyone feelings.

I have learned that you cannot judge someone be their apperance

The management is the management.No questions ask.

My co-wokers are exciting and fun to work with

No job is too hard,its more of a learning experience

All jobs are enjoyable.
Pros
great environment
Moral is very low
Traffic Allocation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Park, FLJuly 23, 2012
The overall moral of the organization is very low; Job security is very low; Recent layoffs have cause overworking of staff; limited recources to accomplish mission.
Don't board a sinking ship
Non-management professional (Former Employee) –  headquartersFebruary 18, 2013
A not-ready-for-prime-time CEO and disengaged board allow rampant favoritism and tolerance of incompetence to persist which frustrates the efforts of dedicated, competent, committed staff to perform their jobs. Expressing informed opinions regarding business practices is penalized, and workers are harassed for insisting things be done correctly causing good people to leave. Some good people remain, but only because they haven't found something else yet. The CEO and some of the current leadership is ill-suited by disposition and qualification to lead this once stalwart S. Fla. nonprofit institution. If you are a brown-nosing, yes-person, undisturbed with incompetence, waste, and abuse you may do well here, otherwise, do yourself a favor and don't board this sinking ship. The CEO and director level management needs to be replaced with experienced, competent, professionals who know how to lead, motivate, and manage people AND hold them accountable.
Pros
there is no more noble mission than feeding those in need.
Cons
unfortunately, current management has no idea how to do this.
good place to work
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 29, 2013
very rewarding work experience, and would do it all over again if position came available
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
hard work
Not a good place to work
Field Monitor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke ParkNovember 20, 2012
When I first applied at FSL, I was beyond excited at the possibility of working for such a great organization like Feeding America. I quickly realized that working at Feeding South Florida's Pembroke Park location could only be described as a nightmare. The co-workers I had were a pleasure to be around but the management at this place was horrible. I noticed almost right away that there was a high turnover of employees at Feeding South Florida, so much so that it's shocking. Many people that were new hires, would either quit or be fired within the same month, or sometimes even within the same week. Please realize that when you work here, it's NOT the quality of your work that will be recognized but how many "friends" you can make. It's a popularity contest more than a job. The only positives, are that the facility is beautiful and the services they provide to the community are necessary and invaluable. In my opinion, the management at this place is not equiped or properly trained to deal with employees in a professional manner. You will form a great comradery with your co-workers though because you soon realize that this place operates on a "you" against "them" (Management) mentality. There are also alot of personal conflicts between managers, supervisors and staff within the facility which is extrememly unprofessional and creates alot of tension. I just graduated from college and was on Indeed.com looking for a job in my field when I came across this job posting. I decided to leave this comment as a warning to others, please consider ALL other options before applying here.
Pros
they have 2 soda machines...and that's about it
Cons
to many to list....

2.9