FEGS Employee Reviews in United States

It was a great place to work in my opinion.
Project Assistant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32839March 16, 2016
I loved the staff and management. I enjoyed meeting new clients and helping them in their time of need. I also enjoyed learning about behavioral health and being able to play a part in the clients daily treatments. No complaints.
Pros
Benefits, union, and a great place to learn new things.
Cons
upper management
FEGS Job Center
Mail room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 1, 2016
I was attending FEGS while collecting welfare benefits and working WEP (Work Experience Program) in the Mailroom at Housing Preservation and Development on Gold Street! They were a job preparation agency! I gained a lot of knowledge there about job searching and about the job market! The staff was very courteous and polite! The instructors were very knowledgeable in various fields!
They made sure everyone understood the lessons! My compliment to the all! An Excellent rating is what I give them!
Productive and great experience
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 1, 2015
At this job i was given the opportunity to continue my career. I actually also put my prior experiences to use. I was already computer sassy and had learned the programs that the job entailed.
I really like to work with a diverse community and be able to assist.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Unstable Temporary Job
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2016
The job consisted of working with Developmentally Disabled adults.
The afternoon shift consisted of interacting and socializing with the individuals. I walked through the community and drove individuals to their desired destinations. These trips taught me a valuable lesson. I learned the true importance of nature on a person's sanity. The job was unstable due to FEGS being in a transitional phase. FEGS was dissolved and being acquired. The best part of the job were the various engaging outings.
Pros
Travel thought NYC
Cons
Precarious job situation
Great job to work at but went out of business
Health & Human Services Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day was the overall supervision of the group home and learned to be more of a team player. Close family with my co-workers and learned to become a better manager. The hardest part of the job was if you could not find staff to cover then I had to cover the shift. The most enjoyable was meeting many people and formed an extended family for life.
Pros
great people to work for and work with
Cons
went out of business
This company went bandrupt so I do not have a good review about it.
Art Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 21, 2015
Typical day started with staff meetings-presenting clients for review, noting new procedures, etc.
I've learned to be more strong and to stand up for myself-let my supervisor know when things are piling up because I have so much work to do
Management was supportive to an extent.
Co-workers always felt overworked
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the work load
Most enjoyable was I met a few good friends that I still keep in touch with.
Pros
Staff was supportive to each other and some of the management was supportive, encouraging.
Cons
Some of the managers would be very negitive with their employees-all about numbers
Learned alot about workforce
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 1, 2015
I have worked learning for more than seven years. I have grown and am willing to grow more. I really enjoy assisting people with their needs. I have through the many years established a relationship with the workforce development and am willing to learn more each day.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
I enjoyed working in a diverse cultural environment
Employability Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2015
The best part of my job was assisting participant overcome barriers to employment. I learned to understand participant's different cultures and work with them to achieve set goals. What I missed most is the team work.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
A place to begin your career
Social Worker Intern (Full-Time Field Placement) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 4, 2016
Top heavy. Great place to work. Co-workers are helpful. Great benefits.Np pension plan. Union to fight for the workers
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
No micromanagement from bosses
was horrible to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 10, 2016
this company went out of business leaving all employees jobless. management did not know how they were doing. mismanagement of funds
Pros
management was bad
Cons
have nothing nice to say about this company
Support of Those Who Most Need It
Writer/Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
FEGS helps the underprivileged gain work, live healthier, and become more independent. All of its staff were committed to the vision of helping the most in need populations of New York, and went about their work with friendliness and devotion.
cool calm setting work environment
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2016
typical day for me was basically was providing and making surre that the patients were cared for. i maintained professionalism while out on the field assisting with doctor appointments. i also tried to maintain a safe free environment.
Pros
gaining professional experience
Cons
not knowing what was to happen communication was not always so great
Productive and relaxed environment
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 12, 2016
growth and learning opportunities that have in handy for daily life. The best part in FEGS Home Attendant Services is how understanding the supervisors are.
Pros
flexible schedules
Great Place to intern
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2015
Great place to start a social work career. You are able to connect with a diverse group of individuals dealing with a multitude of background issues.
Amazingly supportive work environment
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Copiague, NYJune 1, 2015
FEGS has been an amazing place to work and grow as an individual. There has been room for advancement as well. All of the supervisors, directors and administrators work hard to mentor, groom and cultivate talented individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of people facing chronic illness and pervasive mental health concerns.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
low wages
Productive and interesting work place
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2016
Very organized work environment, great work place and co workers. Clean environment supportive staff. Room for advancing. moving around meeting new people
The best experience.
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYNovember 29, 2015
I was able to personally grow and develop the necessary clinical skills to be an effective social worker. The Director, Supervisors, and Clinicians were always willing to help and available if I needed any help. The most enjoyable part of my internship was working alongside excellent clinicians and learning from them.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
It was during the time the agency was going through a tough transition.
Interest and adventurous
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 19, 2015
We welcomed new consumers and introduced them about agency services. We learned best practices and which provided a productive environment for staff, consumer and management. The hardest job was keeping the team on the same page and the morale high. The most enjoyable part was when clients returned to thank you or members of your team how we were helpful.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Security
I just love helping people.
Independent Living specialist (Current Employee) –  97-29 64TH Road Rego Mark New york 11374May 2, 2015
A hard working perfessional case management that love working with people I am in public relations with others. A peaceful work enviroment, I learn new things everyday. I have wonderful co-workers and the best supporting and helping all consumers.
Pros
Nice Enviroment
Cons
The benefits
Data Management
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2015
Typical day was spent transferring data and financial files into system servers.
Learned a lot about data entry and how to function office printers and faxing and file management.
Managers gave you your tasks for the day and periodically checked progress.
Hardest part of the job was looking at the screen for 8-9 hours
Most enjoyable part of the job was working at your own pace as long as it was professional.