FEGS Employee Reviews in United States

FEGS Job Center
Mail room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 1, 2016
I was attending FEGS while collecting welfare benefits and working WEP (Work Experience Program) in the Mailroom at Housing Preservation and Development on Gold Street! They were a job preparation agency! I gained a lot of knowledge there about job searching and about the job market! The staff was very courteous and polite! The instructors were very knowledgeable in various fields!
They made sure everyone understood the lessons! My compliment to the all! An Excellent rating is what I give them!
Productive and interesting work place
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2016
Very organized work environment, great work place and co workers. Clean environment supportive staff. Room for advancing. moving around meeting new people
fun
Case Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2015
worked in the admissions dept. loved to see all the portfolios for students all over the world. supervisors arent on ur back all day!
The best experience.
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYNovember 29, 2015
I was able to personally grow and develop the necessary clinical skills to be an effective social worker. The Director, Supervisors, and Clinicians were always willing to help and available if I needed any help. The most enjoyable part of my internship was working alongside excellent clinicians and learning from them.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
It was during the time the agency was going through a tough transition.
Learned alot about workforce
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 1, 2015
I have worked learning for more than seven years. I have grown and am willing to grow more. I really enjoy assisting people with their needs. I have through the many years established a relationship with the workforce development and am willing to learn more each day.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
This company went bandrupt so I do not have a good review about it.
Art Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 21, 2015
Typical day started with staff meetings-presenting clients for review, noting new procedures, etc.
I've learned to be more strong and to stand up for myself-let my supervisor know when things are piling up because I have so much work to do
Management was supportive to an extent.
Co-workers always felt overworked
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the work load
Most enjoyable was I met a few good friends that I still keep in touch with.
Pros
Staff was supportive to each other and some of the management was supportive, encouraging.
Cons
Some of the managers would be very negitive with their employees-all about numbers
Productive and a great place to gain skills through trainings.
Independent Living Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 7, 2015
Good for advancement within the agency and longevity incentive for staying with the agency. Fairness in promotion opportunities a great place to work.
Pros
Health Care, promotion opportunities and longivity increases.
Cons
short breaks
FEGS was a learning experience. FEGS was the first employer that I had that did not show their employees any form of appreciation.
Vocational Case Management Assistant, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 19, 2015
The work environment was like no other. If not for the amazing human beings that the had for employees would not have continued employment there.
Pros
Amazing employees
Cons
Horrible mamangement
Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2015
Sad to say over 65 years FEGS closed there doors, was a great place to work with great co workers. We were all like family.

Help many consumers for there special needs.

provided many clinics and special programs thoughout the new your area for special needs.
Pros
great bennies
Cons
work some holidays
Interest and adventurous
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 19, 2015
We welcomed new consumers and introduced them about agency services. We learned best practices and which provided a productive environment for staff, consumer and management. The hardest job was keeping the team on the same page and the morale high. The most enjoyable part was when clients returned to thank you or members of your team how we were helpful.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Security
Double edged.
MVC (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 19, 2015
Malfeasance cost plenty of good people their livelihood.
Good coworkers. They take a chance on people with potential. Left me with nothing though.
Pros
was good while it lasted.
Cons
job security
Benefits are one of the best in this field
Day Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 6, 2015
Limited opportunity to grow despite having one of the best benefits package in the field. Co workers are very friendly and family orientated. CEO's and upper managemen
Productive and fun workplace with amazing team members.
Day Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
At FEGS there really is no typical day; anything can happen at a moments notice. From grand achievements to emergency protocols, I've learned that working with the developmentally disabled is both rewarding and exhausting. Thankfully, with amazing co-workers and superb managing skills I'm ready for anything.
Excellent company to work for many years, professional work environment
Forensic Case Manager, DOC/DOHMH (Current Employee) –  315 Hudson Street, NY 10013February 25, 2015
Excellent company to work for many years. I have work for this company for twenty one years in the feild on mental health and Case Management. FEGS prided themselves in taking care of the client's and the workers did every thing within their power to ensure that the companies policies were carried out.
Pros
free metro cards for field work
Cons
company is closing due to financial difficulties
Great Company
Service Coordination Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Working with FEGS WeCARE program was a privilege. Interacting with clients and helping them achieve their goals was by far the best experience. I gained hands on experience in the social field.
Pros
hands on experience
Supportive co-workers; excellent supervision
Mental Health Counselor, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Syosset, New YorkFebruary 3, 2015
For the past nine months I have worked as a Mental Health Counselor at FEGS Health & Human Services. I have been the Case Manager of Project Maze, a program that was implemented to provide counseling and social services to individuals and families who were coping with economic crisis. I have conducted initial assessments as well as counseled individuals. I have provided financial assessments and applications for our emergency cash assistance program. I have also provided information and referrals to clients seeking additional help and have worked with the Department of Social Services to help clients navigate the system and obtain the benefits needed. Most difficult part of the job is working with the population that this job required. Most clients were homeless or near homeless, which made it difficult to keep in contact with them. Clients also were not always respondent and did not follow through with appointments/sessions. Most enjoyable part of the job was the work environment and my co-workers. The people with whom I worked with were very supportive and encouraging. My supervisor is excellent at what she does and has taught me a lot. Although the population of clients were difficult, when a client was able to make a break through or was able to make positive progression in their life, that was enjoyable for me to help foster and be apart of.
bankruptcy
account manager (Current Employee) –  new yorkFebruary 2, 2015
this company has been around for 80 years . It is sad they are closing their doors and going bankrupt in a few months. Many of us have to find other jobs soon.
Pros
very dedicated employees
Cons
mismanagement of funding sources, unprofessional leadership
Excellent Place to Work
Student Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 23, 2015
The staff are amazing to work with! The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with the students
Productive place to work
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Productive place to work. Room for growth. Equal opportunity employment.
Great place to work and have a career
Computer Resource Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Dedicated in working with ESP Contract, case managed classrooms, worked close with upper management with the WIA Contract, updated FEGS system with data, NYCWAY and brought in job leads for Job Developers that lead to placements
Pros
changing people lives
Cons
non