FEGS Employee Reviews

great place to work
Intake Coordinator/ Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2017
FEGS was a great place to work. It had a great work life balance as well as great pay for the time we were in. You will work with a great group of clients and staff at the time was great.
Loving and caring work place
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYJanuary 2, 2017
I loved the environment. I love to work with the Mrdd population. I bonded with them and they became like family to me. The house managers were very nice and well organized and team players
Pros
You bond with the individuals
Cons
They need to raise the pay
Therapeutic relationship with clients
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 28, 2016
FEGS at the Riverdale Manor is where the employees work with their clients face to face in the place that the clients reside. It is an office location.
I really enjoyed this company. I learned a lot about new systems, things I had never learned before. There was also so much room for job enhancements.
Assistant Director Business Technology & Billing (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 5, 2016
Typical day at work was always about learning something new.

I learned so many new things. Not only did I learn new systems, I also learned job functions I had never performed before.

The management was great. Always extremely helpful.

My co-workers were great as well it was a very professional environment.

The hardest part of this job was leaving once we were made aware of the activities involved which forced the doors shut.

I enjoyed every minute it would be the constant growth and the challenge of learning something new.
Pros
All the new information and knowledge gained from learning new systems and wonderful management
Cons
The company having to close their doors due to upper management.
Productive work place
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  2432 GrandconcourseNovember 3, 2016
Excellent benefits, co workers a joy to work with and management was okay. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Management treated some with preferential treatment
agency went out of business
Disaster Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYOctober 24, 2016
the agency is out of businessdue to the fact that they lost $20 million. How unfortunate that an 84 year old agency is no longer around
it was a good team working experience before they went bankruptcy.
Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 9, 2016
it was a very interesting experience working with the hearing impaired and the mental ill clientele. I would like to continue working with the deaf, blindand Impairs. I am presently retired although would love to work part time.
Cons
nothing I could say
fun work place
Day Habilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 22, 2016
I worked with the schools as a sub then was hired at Birdneck elementary as a permanent staff . i loved working at birdneck with the staff as well as the students
FEGS was good until it filed bankruptcy.
Office Manager, A.C.T. Services (Former Employee) –  Islip, NYSeptember 3, 2016
FEGS has filed bankruptcy and is no longer exists. It had been a nice company to work for up until the bankruptcy.
For many years FEGS helped their clients in all aspects of community service. I worked in the Center Moriches office for many years in the counseling programs with social workers and psychiatrists. For those years it was like a family to me. All the staff worked very well together. We assisted families and individuals in all aspects of counseling. When the Center Moriches office was preparing to close, I transferred to the Central Islip office and worked for the A.C.T team. There, the social workers and psychiatrist went out in the field to help clients that had been hospitalized several times and were severely mentally ill. This was a very rewarding job because it showed me how others had to live and what really needed to be done to help them.
Pros
FEGS had good benefits for many years.
Cons
No raises for the last 5 years and management no longer cared about the employees.
#Working here was the best experience
Residential Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 21, 2016
Because of the opportunity I was giving to work at this company I became compassionate about the visual and developmental disabled. This job helped me become professional
Great in my position, mismanaged.
Intern Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYAugust 21, 2016
My position with FEGS was in a small division that did not interact very much with the main offices directly. It was located within the NNORC of Huntington. I enjoyed working with my supervisor and coworker. I also enjoyed meeting with my clients and assisting them with their needs. I learned a little about case management and about the services that are available to older adults in that area. The hardest part of my job was seeing some of the difficult situations that my clients were in. The best part of my job was the reward of being able to better my clients' situations.
Job Placement
Job Developer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 18, 2016
On a typical day we will develop jobs for the client and prepare them for work. I think the team I was working with was great. We really worked as a team. The hardest part of my job at that time was candidates staying at their jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing their face light up when they got hired.
It was challenging and demanding
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2016
It was a good experience to be able to learn the mail-room management and project managing skills.
helped me develop processing skills, and improved my organization skills, as well as time planning abilities.
Pros
the co-workers and individuals
Cons
long schedule
was horrible to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 10, 2016
this company went out of business leaving all employees jobless. management did not know how they were doing. mismanagement of funds
Pros
management was bad
Cons
have nothing nice to say about this company
A place to begin your career
Social Worker Intern (Full-Time Field Placement) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 4, 2016
Top heavy. Great place to work. Co-workers are helpful. Great benefits.Np pension plan. Union to fight for the workers
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
No micromanagement from bosses
Unstable Temporary Job
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2016
The job consisted of working with Developmentally Disabled adults.
The afternoon shift consisted of interacting and socializing with the individuals. I walked through the community and drove individuals to their desired destinations. These trips taught me a valuable lesson. I learned the true importance of nature on a person's sanity. The job was unstable due to FEGS being in a transitional phase. FEGS was dissolved and being acquired. The best part of the job were the various engaging outings.
Pros
Travel thought NYC
Cons
Precarious job situation
Productive and relaxed environment
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 12, 2016
growth and learning opportunities that have in handy for daily life. The best part in FEGS Home Attendant Services is how understanding the supervisors are.
Pros
flexible schedules
FEGS Job Center
Mail room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 1, 2016
I was attending FEGS while collecting welfare benefits and working WEP (Work Experience Program) in the Mailroom at Housing Preservation and Development on Gold Street! They were a job preparation agency! I gained a lot of knowledge there about job searching and about the job market! The staff was very courteous and polite! The instructors were very knowledgeable in various fields!
They made sure everyone understood the lessons! My compliment to the all! An Excellent rating is what I give them!
Support of Those Who Most Need It
Writer/Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
FEGS helps the underprivileged gain work, live healthier, and become more independent. All of its staff were committed to the vision of helping the most in need populations of New York, and went about their work with friendliness and devotion.
It was a great place to work in my opinion.
Project Assistant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32839March 16, 2016
I loved the staff and management. I enjoyed meeting new clients and helping them in their time of need. I also enjoyed learning about behavioral health and being able to play a part in the clients daily treatments. No complaints.
Pros
Benefits, union, and a great place to learn new things.
Cons
upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FEGS. Our community is ready to answer.

60%