FEGS Employee Reviews

Busy
Residential Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 21, 2017
They did not pay much with the amount of work responsibility. It was a good place to work because it had flexible hours that accommodated my school schedule.
Stressful at times
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 17, 2017
I learned a lot working for this company, there was a lot of unfairness and favoritism within the facility. Management was all over the place at times
Pros
Learned a lot from other staff
Cons
Not enough pay for the stress
Fun Productive place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2017
I like working there because it's was a great experience for me I got to come out of my comfort zone and dress up every day to work shirt and slacks I got the chance to see what it's like to have your own office I loved it
Pros
Great work place friendly workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Great learning experience
Careers and Human Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Copiague Neck, NYOctober 20, 2017
It was a great learning experience and I was able to further develop my skills. They counted on me and I proved that I was dependable , reliable and loyal and would fulfill all responsibilities that were required of me. .
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
Went out of business
FEGS is was Family
SW Intern,Rec. Specialist,& later Program SW (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 10, 2017
I grew personally and professionally. I became more in tuned with the needs of others. I learned from my supervisors, colleagues, and the participants.

I had two wonderful supervisors that allowed my to grow independently and collectively.

I even learned and gained skills from the one bad supervisor I had.

It was a wonderful place to begin my professional journey.
Pros
Quality Care
Cons
Low Salaries
Poor Management but good coworker
Recruiter/Employment Sector Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
Poor finance management and an long time non-profit organization went bankruptcy. Front line staffs are friendly and it's a team work environment. Lack of communication when the company was going down.
Pros
Learned much about HRA rules and guilelines
Cons
Poor management/lack of communicaiton
poor managment
Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
I don't want to relive this experience because if it was conducive to my development. I wouldn't be telling you what I think about how they treat their employees.
Pros
time managment
Cons
no promotions
Lot of work but alos rewarding
Employment Retention Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2017
I would see clients all day and have a huge amount of clients and employers to reach out to for docs that are needed for upcoming milestones. I think the amount put on just a few of us employment retention counselors was undermined and not fairly spread out. It was always a complication with either the clients or HRA just for documentation of employment so it was tough but also rewarding when you reached great strides.
Pros
near my home
Cons
no breaks except lunch
It was a very fun and productive place to work
Residential Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day at my current job was to assist the individual with their ADLs kills making sure all appointments are made and follow ups are completed ,to help individuals to complete daily goals . The most enjoyable part of my job is to assist an individual to do something that makes them feel good about their self .
internship that is well worth it
Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 17, 2017
this internship taught me alot.
i was put into different work environments so i'd be well adapted in any work place.
i was taught the use of office equipment
Enjoyable
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10013September 14, 2017
it was great seeing social workers doing their thing. Very positive! However they played games when signing in for work and in paying appropriate pay!
It was nice
Residential Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Working at F.E.G.S was nice. I love the clients out of the atmosphere I love the overtime.. management was very understanding very compassionate about certain situation that came up they were great.
Closed
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 6, 2017
This placed closed down as i was working there. Therefore i have limited things to say. But when i was working there the culture was horrible. I was not trained at all and was expected to know exactly the terminology and what to do. Horrible experience and being let go was a complete surprise.
Pros
Own office
Cons
Everything else
Bad morale among the employees
Data Analysis Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2017
The employees were constantly worried about the renewal of a contract with government and that led to poor morale. There was always too much work to be done so they used volunteers and students
ok company
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2017
working at FEGS was very challenging and was stressful on most days, however my love for the company inspired me to work hard under those conditions..
very stressull ,poor management
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 15, 2017
very stressfull, high turnover,poor management and organization. no supervision, favoritism. work is not the problem ,its the culture and dynamics and the atmosphere.
It was an experience
Administrative Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
Working there was extremely different. I was asked to do things I wasn't suppose to do. I was put into dangerous situations. That's all I have to say about that place.
Pros
I learned computer skills.
Cons
The company was unprofessional and did not deliver what they were suppose to, they gave people the run around and never returned phone calls or messages
productive work experience
Activity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 6, 2017
A typical work experience was influential and competitive. I learned a lot how to facilitate a large group of participants and the training provided were essential. The first set of management was good and very compassionate to the environment of student culture however the management changed and their ended up being a lot of confusion beneath the professionalism. The workplace culture was energetic and inspiring as well as competitive. The hardest part of the job was seeing it no longer in service. The most enjoyable part was networking and getting the opportunity of growth in the company
Love the environment
Supportive Case Manager / Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 12, 2017
This was an amazing place to work at. The staff was friendly and showed their immense passion when working with the consumers. The environment felt safe and inviting to work in.
casemanager
Assistance Residence Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 1, 2017
It is challenging working in the mental health field, but it is great working with different people and helping them with their services. Multi-tasking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FEGS. Our community is ready to answer.