FEGS

FEGS Employee Reviews

Double edged.
MVC (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 19, 2015
Pros: was good while it lasted.
Cons: job security
Malfeasance cost plenty of good people their livelihood.
Good coworkers. They take a chance on people with potential. Left me with nothing though.
Benefits are one of the best in this field
Day Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 6, 2015
Limited opportunity to grow despite having one of the best benefits package in the field. Co workers are very friendly and family orientated. CEO's and upper managemen
Productive and fun workplace with amazing team members.
Day Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
At FEGS there really is no typical day; anything can happen at a moments notice. From grand achievements to emergency protocols, I've learned that working with the developmentally disabled is both rewarding and exhausting. Thankfully, with amazing co-workers and superb managing skills I'm ready for anything.
Excellent company to work for many years, professional work environment
Forensic Case Manager, DOC/DOHMH (Current Employee), 315 Hudson Street, NY 10013February 25, 2015
Pros: free metro cards for field work
Cons: company is closing due to financial difficulties
Excellent company to work for many years. I have work for this company for twenty one years in the feild on mental health and Case Management. FEGS prided themselves in taking care of the client's and the workers did every thing within their power to ensure that the companies policies were carried out.
Great Company
Service Coordination Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: hands on experience
Working with FEGS WeCARE program was a privilege. Interacting with clients and helping them achieve their goals was by far the best experience. I gained hands on experience in the social field.
Supportive co-workers; excellent supervision
Mental Health Counselor, Case Manager (Current Employee), Syosset, New YorkFebruary 3, 2015
For the past nine months I have worked as a Mental Health Counselor at FEGS Health & Human Services. I have been the Case Manager of Project Maze, a program that was implemented to provide counseling and social services to individuals and families who were coping with economic crisis. I have conducted initial assessments as well as counseled individuals. I have provided financial assessments and applications for our emergency cash assistance program. I have also provided information and referrals to clients seeking additional help and have worked with the Department of Social Services to help clients navigate the system and obtain the benefits needed. Most difficult part of the job is working with the population that this job required. Most clients were homeless or near homeless, which made it difficult to keep in contact with them. Clients also were not always respondent and did not follow through with appointments/sessions. Most enjoyable part of the job was the work environment and my co-workers. The people with whom I worked with were very supportive and encouraging. My supervisor is excellent at what she does and has taught me a lot. Although the population of clients were difficult, when a client was able to make a break through or was able to make positive progression in their life, that was enjoyable for me to help foster and be apart of.
bankruptcy
account manager (Current Employee), new yorkFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: very dedicated employees
Cons: mismanagement of funding sources, unprofessional leadership
this company has been around for 80 years . It is sad they are closing their doors and going bankrupt in a few months. Many of us have to find other jobs soon.
Excellent Place to Work
Student Advisor (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 23, 2015
The staff are amazing to work with! The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with the students
Productive place to work
Site Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Productive place to work. Room for growth. Equal opportunity employment.
Great place to work and have a career
Computer Resource Instructor (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: changing people lives
Cons: non
Dedicated in working with ESP Contract, case managed classrooms, worked close with upper management with the WIA Contract, updated FEGS system with data, NYCWAY and brought in job leads for Job Developers that lead to placements
would have stayed but..........
Intake Health Specialist (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: very little support for lower level staff
this company is management heavy. I am not leaving by choice but due to being laid off. staff was told that it was due to mismanagement of funds.
Compassionate, caring organization supporting individuals with developmental disabilities
AVP/Director Long Island Residential Services (Current Employee), Long IslandJanuary 17, 2015
Even after 24 years administering services to children and adults with developmental disabilities, I have learned even more in my almost four years at FEGS. I have helped develop policies and procedures that have directly enhanced the lives of the individuals we support in the areas of teaching, behavior management and healthcare. The FEGS LI workforce has grown and the leadership supporting these sites are now well educated in OPWDD regulations under my supervision. I am proud of the quality program I created at FEGS and look forward to bringing my unique skill set to another provider.
Fast paced work environment
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee), NYJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: healthcare, tuition reimbursement
Cons: high case load, to many groups to facilitate in a week
Great co-workers who truly care about the participants.
The work load is unrealistic.
Fast paced work environment.
Have the opportunity to learn how to facilitate psycho-educational and therapy groups.
Not a good place to work
WeCare/ Wellness Assessment Case Worker (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: the only good thing is the benefit
Cons: fegs lost there contract with the city
There was a announcement that in three months all Wecare programs will be shut down. In other words everyone is going to lose there job. Management talks to you like you are a child. The union sucks, they don't help.
Health & Human Services
MULTI-COMMODITY BUYER (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 26, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: long hours
Very fast pace purchasing department.
learned a lot working with FEGS
great management team learned a lot.
worked with a great team.
multitask was sometimes crazy but all came together at the end of day.
programs for many special needs.
community programs, special clinics.
Position funded for one year by FEMA to provide short term crisis counseling for Hurrricane Sandy survivors
Crisis Counselor, Project Hope (Former Employee), N.Y N.YDecember 1, 2014
Great job that had a very very positive inpact of communities dmamged by hurricnae Sandy. Job responsiilites included community out reach, development of psychoeducational workshops as well as one on one counseling.
A learning experience.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 16, 2014
Important clerical duties. For all jobs - be neutral with most everyone; don't try to befriend anyone at first. Sad to say-trust no one. Watch and protect your job; depend on no one and anything that pertains to you, check to make sure that it has been taken care of. Don't rely on anyone to do things for you. I like diversified duties.
COMMUNITY RESIDENT/SINGLE ROOM OCCUPANCY (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working with the clients and coworkers
Cons: no raises, too much traveling
Typical day was completing service plans and notes and visiting clients at their apartments daily.
people are there for you
DAY HAB ASSISTANCE (Current Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 18, 2014
Pros: short lunch
Cons: really no cons
starting a day is as wonderful as the sun you learn the people you work with you can take your time to do the best job you can you provide a service and people on the outside praise you for doing what we do its a great feeling to have
cool place
Data Entry Clerk, NY (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 29, 2014
it was cool place to temp. i dont want to write this. Please stop making me write this.

1 2 3