Feld Entertainment Employee Reviews

Travel
Lead Pyrotechnic/Electrician (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLNovember 17, 2017
You will work non stop, this place is great for experience. you will learn a lot. It is non stop while you are on tour. Everything is used so you get a lot of hands on fixing stuff
terrible
Stage Hand/Ring 2 Boss (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 7, 2017
this company is terrible and over work you like crazy, i would never reccomend this company to anyone unless you reall just want to tracel. everything about it besides that is terrible
Travel and Work
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLNovember 7, 2017
I have worked as a photographer for Feld Entertainment for the last year and overall my experience has been great. I have a chance to travel, make money, meet new people experience different cultures, etc I would say it's one of the best jobs to have. The only thing that keeps this job from being the coolest place are the people managing/working with you. Some tours are like working with family other tours it seems like everyone is battling egos and can't just relax but in the end despite all the tug and pull it all seems to come together
Pros
Travel, perspective expansion, commissioned, hotel stays, teamwork
Cons
Load out, commissioned
Circus
Sales (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 5, 2017
Great place to get job training and help. Lots of neat jobs available. Helpful staff and opportunities.I'm done writing reviews. This shouldn't be required in order to submit any job applications.
work, work, work
Manager of Sourcing (Current Employee) –  floridaOctober 30, 2017
alot of work for little praise and reward. once a task is successfullyt accomplished you are just given more, managemrnt keeps cutting employees and not replacing so those left have double, triple the work.
Pros
nil
Cons
no room for growth
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Jefe de transportacion (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 20, 2017
Buen lugar de trabajo tiene todo lo que se requiere la seguridad primero
Pros
Seguro medico
Fast paced, world traveling experience!
PRODUCTION STAGE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLJuly 31, 2017
If you are looking for an environment that brings a smile to millions of children across the globe, while simultaneously letting you see the world, then look no further. Feld Entertainment will provide on the job training, and teach life skills that is second to none. Whether you are an artist, dancer, performer, skater, electrician, technician, theater major, or any other entertainment born individual, I would highly recommend you taking the journey of live entertainment. This is the best way to improve interpersonal skills, as well as team work and crisis aversion. The company provides great benefits and ample elevating opportunities within the company. I would highly recommend everyone to at least take the opportunity to see what they have to offer. It's a great big world out there, why not get paid to see it!
Pros
healthcare, travel, job experience
Cons
meals
Fun work environment with lots of travel opportunities
Head carpenter (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, FLJuly 19, 2017
I've worked at feld entertainment for 19 years in a variety of positions. I've got the opportunity to travel around the world several times. It's the largest family entertainment business in the world. I've enjoyed my time working there & gained may skills that I've used in several aspects of my life. I've got to experience many different cultures and ways to work with many different varieties of people.
Pros
World travel
Cons
It can be a stressful job at times, you have to be away from home for a conciderable amount of time.
Fun lovingenvironment
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 17, 2017
A typical work day included working with people. I would set up and tear down shows. I cleaned up behind animals before during and after shows. I found Feld to be a most enjoyable work experience
Not a place to go if you want to advance your career.
PMO/Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, FLJuly 13, 2017
If you are looking to build future or advance your career this is not the work environment for you, Management or chain of command is none existence, not a healthy work environment.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
No salary advancements, no real structure
Ringling Bros Circus is a very good and famous circus in America. The Feld Entertaiment company is very good giving everything possible to artists
Performer (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, FLJuly 3, 2017
It's a company in the past 146 years of Ringling Bros & Barnum and Baley Circus. I went on state trips to America. And I got the opportunity to stay and work with horses with them. Fine people, wonderful managers managers managers always helped everyone to work with pleasure. I say that this company from all circuses is the best
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healcare
Fun job
Professional Ice Skater (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2017
I enjoyed working for Feld because I was able to travel and do what I love, all while getting paid. Decent staff and management. Not much I can complain about (besides the drama).
Fun place
Performer (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, FLJune 15, 2017
Fun place to work. Get to travel the world while doing what you love if you have the unique skills they are looking for.Not great with promoting from within.
Horrible management. Pay that is not decent.
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLJune 3, 2017
They sucked me in to thinking I was going to make so much money. When most weeks I was lucky if I saw $200. If something gets broken or stolen the vendors have to pay for it. The only good thing about working for Feld was getting to see and go to new places.
Pros
Traveling to different cities, sometimes around the world
Cons
Very long work hours, No guaranteed lunch. 10% commission pay
Traveling gig
Assistant Electrician (Former Employee) –  Ellenton, FLJune 3, 2017
Feld is a great company but started out the pay can be a deterrent because it is low. However you pay increases yearly and its also easy to move to a different position if you really want to. You just have to work to get to different positions. The travel is great but food and some hotel expense comes out of pocket. The employees literally come from all over the world so you get to enjoy the company of other races and ethnicities.
Fun experience
Train Crew (Former Employee) –  800 feld wayJune 1, 2017
Nice experience fun work environment traveling and being able to see so much of the country. Management could have been a little better with executing of plans
Tight knight crew but stressful days
Floor Crew/Backstage (Former Employee) –  Ellenton, FLMay 30, 2017
Everyone on the show I was on (ringling brothers) was part of a family, a big family. However sometimes the work could push you to your limits esp on those 16-18 hour days. We lived on a train which was pretty nice and seemed like sometimes it almost made up for the fact that we were paid so little. I had a fun time working there and it was a real experience that I think everyone should have had the privilege to try but its horrible conditions and little pay, you have to be dedicated to the people and the job to make it there.
Pros
lived on a train
Cons
animal waste
great way to travel
Pre-school teacher/ Head (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLMay 29, 2017
this was one of the best parts of my life. you get to travel the county and be paid for it. you also get to get to know others from all around the world as well as learning new cultures
Pros
travel
Cons
drama
Unique work environment with opportunity for travel
Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, FLMay 21, 2017
Unique work environment with opportunity for travel, sales driven environment with great benefits and fair raises. Great management team with tons of practical experience working their way up through the ranks.
Wonderful brands with overworked employees
Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Ellenton, FLMay 1, 2017
Working at Feld is unlike any job you could have. The brands that you get to represent are amazing but a large majority of the employees are overworked and underpaid. After working here for 3 years there was no succession plan and you were told that you can only get promoted if someone above you leaves the company. No merit based raises or bonuses were given either.
Pros
Amazing brands
Cons
Horrible pay