Feld Entertainment Employee Reviews

Productive working environment
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDJune 26, 2016
Great management, excellent work-life balance. Wished corporate was still in the DMV area allowing more opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Free Tickets to shows
Cons
Company relocating to Florida
Dedication will only advance oneself up the Career Ladder!
Management (Current Employee) –  TravelingSeptember 20, 2016
The experience to travel the world, with developing business and leadership skills that can only advance ones future. The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing the smiles and laughter that take place during the show. Whether a Monster Truck goes flying over a pile of cars, Mickey enters the ice during a Disney on Ice production or a cage filled with Tigers and one Fearless Tiger Trainer.
Pros
Free Tickets, Great Insurance, Travel
Cons
Long Hours, No Holidays, Living out of Suitcase
High Pace & Unique Experience
Assistant Backstage Manager/Props/Pilot (Former Employee) –  NationwideOctober 21, 2016
Typical work day ranged from 4 to 24 hours dependent on venue and show schedule. There was always something new to learn or troubleshoot to keep the show moving playing a venue as well as getting the show city to city. Coworkers were a great part of the experience as the "office" is home to 25+ different countries. Hardest part of the job was limited sleep in some cities where delays limited set up time and still managed to put on a show. The most enjoyable part of the job will always be the Animals, the People & of course the weekly travel.
Pros
Travel, Animals, People
Cons
Limited personal free time.
Fun Job for young people who like to travel
Unit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLApril 4, 2016
This company wants you to devote 100% of your time to work. Although you wont be "working" 100% of the time. you will always be around work people and traveling with them. the pay is okay but for the amount of thing you do and put up with its not enough. especially considering its a multimillion dollar company.
Pros
Travel, meet new people everyday
Cons
Always away from home, little compensation.
world wide travel
Lead Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLDecember 7, 2016
you are gone for long times for most people who work their that is the reason they work their is to escape their life understand if you like to around your family this is not your job !!!!!!!!
Pros
travel
Cons
travel
Productive place of work.
Coach (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLSeptember 8, 2016
It was a great learning experience, working hard with some of the best acrobats around the world. the most enjoyable part of my job was to see my team grow artistically and deliver beautiful work.
Wonderful place to work
Stunt performer (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLDecember 2, 2016
A company that will take of you! They truly cared for me when I worked there. I loved the work atmosphere and the people that I worked with.
Video Editor Feld Motor Sports
VIDEO EDITOR (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 3, 2016
Use to be fun, but now is moving our jobs to Florida. So now it's not that fun anymore. I'm sure if you live in Florida, it's fine.
Work hard, play hard
Booking Director, North American Routing & Tours (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLJuly 11, 2016
Positive experiences within the Operations, Creative, and Administrative departments. Amazing, dedicated, hard working people who maintain a sense of ownership and family unity within their work and work relationships.

Some departments lack training and strong leadership.
Good people, work is not too difficult physically but complex.
Issue Clerk and Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Jessup MDOctober 14, 2015
A good group of people, good benefits. Difficult for promotion, may not be the best setting for a career long term as a warehouse associate. Issue Clerk on roadshow has better opportunities, and gets to travel often.
Pros
Good people, good atmosphere. Good benefits.
Cons
Pay is not the highest, limited potential for promotion in warehouse.
Productive and fun place to work
Operations Assistant & Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 18, 2016
Start your day with working on your 5 things you need to accomplish
by the end of the day. Co-workers are all friendly we all get along like a family.
Pros
Free lunch every once in awhile
Cons
non
An entertainment company with many great ebrands to work for.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 1, 2016
An entertainment company with many great brands to work for. The marketing services team is produces many high quality art pieces with quick turnaround times.
long hours, no benefits, poor pay
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, FLMay 15, 2015
I work five to six days a week, 60-80 hours a week. This would be awesome if i was payed hourly, but i'm not. It would be annoying if i was salary, but a I'm not. my pay check is 100% commission based, meaning i only get payed for a max of 10 hours a week. The other 50-70 hours during the week I'm slaving away. Lift this, move that, unload this, re-load that, make cotton candy, collect cotton candy, ect. All of this for free, so i can have the "privilege" of trying to sell cotton candy to people for a whooping $12 a bag, of which i receive 10%. my average paycheck this year has been about $400 a week, which wouldn't be to bad for a job that requires no skills other than shouting, but as i have already stated, i work up to 80 hours a week. The staff are all completely incompetent and most of my co-workers speak another language. I have also been told that i wouldn't get a promotion because i was "to good" at my job, and it would be a waste to promote me to a higher position. so instead they gave the position to my girlfriend, with zero experience in this line of work. Dont get me wrong, i was happy for her, but i still fail to see how this was a sound business decision.
Pros
Cons
everything
Excelent place to work
FCP Department - Self-Employee (Former Employee) –  Vienna, FlAugust 19, 2013
Wake up early in the morning, to get the trucks unloaded... Get down all the merchandise and work equipment... I learned a lot in this job, cause it was a travel job, I traveled all the United States making Disney's shows... The management is good, most of the time... My co-workers are from different places, we are all from different culture, that makes it very interesting... The hardest part of the job was getting all the things back to the truck... the security it wasn't the best... The most enjoyable part of the job was being in different places all around the states, meeting new people, having the chance to help as much customer as I could, the rush, the happiness in the job...
Pros
Traveling and hotel every week
Cons
Being apart of my kids
great benefits, lots of work
Sound Crew (Former Employee) –  touring showMarch 14, 2014
on my unit typical work week

mon-travel/pre-rig
tues-load in
wed-open
thurs-1 or 2 shows
fri-1 or 2 shows
sat-3 shows
sun-2 shows and load out, sometimes 3 shows and load out

you'll work 60-90hrs a week, but it's guaranteed work year round with great benefits if you stick around. best health insurance you'll find in the entertainment industry. management varies. it runs the gammit from great to horrible. the people on the crews are usually great and make it easier to stay. you'll get to actually experience a city not just the airport, building, and hotel. i'd go back to another tour if given the opportunity.
Pros
benefits, people
Cons
variable management, very long work weeks for the money
Great place to start career, not to end it
Public Relations/ Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 3, 2015
Great place to start your career, pay isn't great, expected to work weekends with no bonus, not much room for advancement within the company
FELD entertainment is dedicated to providing excellent customes service, for designated events, all over the country.
Issue Clerk (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, FLAugust 3, 2015
I have worked with the FELD Consumer Product (FCP) division of FELD Entertainment since 2010 as both an independent contractor and a member of management for the Ringling Bros. & Barnum and Bailey Circus where my duties included following the instructions of those facilitating the loading and unloading of equipment from semi trucks and train wagons. I lived and worked with a crew of roughly 30 to 50 individuals with the stated goal of providing excellent customer service and enhancing the customers experience at the Circus. Preparation for the show involved a wide array of assignments carried out individually and as part of small teams in order to meet a hard deadline. Coordinating with co-workers, staff members and management was paramount to the success of an enriching experience for consumers.
Pros
Being able to travel the majority of the continental US.
Cons
If it's a bad week then there is very little money to be made.
A fairly standard office space staffed by better than average people
Broadcast Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 1, 2015
The company hires people with a clear reflection of the titles it represents. They understand the properties are first and foremost entertainment, and work hard to make sure that those attending will leave as delighted as they walked in.

The pay is standard, the coffee is free, and the management takes care of it's employees.
Great career opportunities in a growing company. Fun option for travel enthusiasts.
Principal Performer, Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLOctober 8, 2014
Great work place, lots of career advancement opportunities. Company is growing in fast pace which currently creates occasional management and communication issues but overall great opportunity. I would recommend to a person who loves to live out of suitcase around a year and enjoys adventure and challenge.
Head of Men's Wardrobe
Assistant Men's Wardrobe (Current Employee) –  Traveling ShowJune 25, 2015
Head of Men's Wardrobe

A typical work day of my Mens wardrobe duties included, but not limited to. Assists performers in selecting and fitting costumes, Enforcement of all wardrobe rules specific to the Circus Touring Unit, Responsible for all required unit laundry, washing, drying and ironing, Work load- outs and load-ins, Continually evaluates the conditions of existing wardrobe. What I really loved about this job is traveling to a new city every week, as well as the diversity in cultures.
Pros
Traveling, touring experience, Very diverse in culture
Cons
Not having a stable living environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Feld Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3