Feld Entertainment Employee Reviews

FELD entertainment is dedicated to providing excellent customes service, for designated events, all over the country.
Issue Clerk (Current Employee), Palmetto, FLAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Being able to travel the majority of the continental US.
Cons: If it's a bad week then there is very little money to be made.
I have worked with the FELD Consumer Product (FCP) division of FELD Entertainment since 2010 as both an independent contractor and a member of management for the Ringling Bros. & Barnum and Bailey Circus where my duties included following the instructions of those facilitating the loading and unloading of equipment from semi trucks and train wagons. I lived and worked with a crew of roughly 30 to 50 individuals with the stated goal of providing excellent customer service and enhancing the customers experience at the Circus. Preparation for the show involved a wide array of assignments carried out individually and as part of small teams in order to meet a hard deadline. Coordinating with co-workers, staff members and management was paramount to the success of an enriching experience for consumers.
Head of Men's Wardrobe
Assistant Men's Wardrobe (Current Employee), Traveling ShowJune 25, 2015
Pros: Traveling, touring experience, Very diverse in culture
Cons: Not having a stable living environment
Head of Men's Wardrobe

A typical work day of my Mens wardrobe duties included, but not limited to. Assists performers in selecting and fitting costumes, Enforcement of all wardrobe rules specific to the Circus Touring Unit, Responsible for all required unit laundry, washing, drying and ironing, Work load- outs and load-ins, Continually evaluates the conditions of existing wardrobe. What I really loved about this job is traveling to a new city every week, as well as the diversity in cultures.
A fun and fast pace company to work for.
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJune 8, 2015
I really enjoyed the fast working pace. I worked with the set designers on every show that they were producing. It was a joy to work with the people there because they are the most creative and talented people that I will probably ever know.
Dancing and touring the world
Performer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 22, 2015
With Feld Entertainment I was able to do what I love and get paid for it. I was a performer and trainer for several touring Disney Live shows.
long hours, no benefits, poor pay
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Palmetto, FLMay 15, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
I work five to six days a week, 60-80 hours a week. This would be awesome if i was payed hourly, but i'm not. It would be annoying if i was salary, but a I'm not. my pay check is 100% commission based, meaning i only get payed for a max of 10 hours a week. The other 50-70 hours during the week I'm slaving away. Lift this, move that, unload this, re-load that, make cotton candy, collect cotton candy, ect. All of this for free, so i can have the "privilege" of trying to sell cotton candy to people for a whooping $12 a bag, of which i receive 10%. my average paycheck this year has been about $400 a week, which wouldn't be to bad for a job that requires no skills other than shouting, but as i have already stated, i work up to 80 hours a week. The staff are all completely incompetent and most of my co-workers speak another language. I have also been told that i wouldn't get a promotion because i was "to good" at my job, and it would be a waste to promote me to a higher position. so instead they gave the position to my girlfriend, with zero experience in this line of work. Dont get me wrong, i was happy for her, but i still fail to see how this was a sound business decision.
A fairly standard office space staffed by better than average people
Broadcast Assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, ILApril 1, 2015
The company hires people with a clear reflection of the titles it represents. They understand the properties are first and foremost entertainment, and work hard to make sure that those attending will leave as delighted as they walked in.

The pay is standard, the coffee is free, and the management takes care of it's employees.
Best Place to work!
Consumer Products Manager (Current Employee), Ellenton, FLOctober 27, 2014
I've learn so much with this company and have had the opportunity to grow in my career.
Great career opportunities in a growing company. Fun option for travel enthusiasts.
Principal Performer, Production Assistant (Former Employee), Palmetto, FLOctober 8, 2014
Great work place, lots of career advancement opportunities. Company is growing in fast pace which currently creates occasional management and communication issues but overall great opportunity. I would recommend to a person who loves to live out of suitcase around a year and enjoys adventure and challenge.
No raises or room for advancement
Marketing Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Aurora, ILMarch 24, 2014
The environment is great and very casual. I have worked here for almost two years without any raise or promotion. I would like to work for a company with room for advancement, but there aren't very many opportunities in my department.
great benefits, lots of work
Sound Crew (Former Employee), touring showMarch 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, people
Cons: variable management, very long work weeks for the money
on my unit typical work week

mon-travel/pre-rig
tues-load in
wed-open
thurs-1 or 2 shows
fri-1 or 2 shows
sat-3 shows
sun-2 shows and load out, sometimes 3 shows and load out

you'll work 60-90hrs a week, but it's guaranteed work year round with great benefits if you stick around. best health insurance you'll find in the entertainment industry. management varies. it runs the gammit from great to horrible. the people on the crews are usually great and make it easier to stay. you'll get to actually experience a city not just the airport, building, and hotel. i'd go back to another tour if given the opportunity.
good for travel, not for family life.
FCP / Vendor, operator (Former Employee), veinna, vaMarch 7, 2014
a couple days off a week, ive learned to work well with others, load in and load out is the hardest part of the job, the travel for city to city is the best part of the job.
Fun Business to work for..the CIRCUS and Family Shows
AP Database Specialist Vendor Maintenance (Current Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: free yearly show tickets.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the delightful coworkers I had the opportunity to work with.
Also having the opportunity to attend all the shows, Circus, Motorsports & Disney On Ice.
Excellent Company
General Manager, Operations Manager, Sales Manager (Former Employee), Vienna, VAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: everthing
Cons: jim andacht vp of operations
Love them: Excellent company great benefits. Fun to work for challenging and different everyday
Amazing company for travel and career advancement/learning possibilities
Head Audio/Head Rigger (Current Employee), The WorldOctober 13, 2013
Pros: compensation, benefits and travel
Cons: away from home quite a bit and living out of suitcases.
If you want to see the world and learn a craft or further your craft while doing so, this is the company to work for. Plenty of room for advancement and always a challenge.
Good employees
Order Selector (Former Employee), Jessup, MDOctober 10, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: long drive
good place to work.
free disney show tickets.
learned how to operate a stand-up forklift.
Excelent place to work
FCP Department - Self-Employee (Former Employee), Vienna, FlAugust 19, 2013
Pros: traveling and hotel every week
Cons: being apart of my kids
Wake up early in the morning, to get the trucks unloaded... Get down all the merchandise and work equipment... I learned a lot in this job, cause it was a travel job, I traveled all the United States making Disney's shows... The management is good, most of the time... My co-workers are from different places, we are all from different culture, that makes it very interesting... The hardest part of the job was getting all the things back to the truck... the security it wasn't the best... The most enjoyable part of the job was being in different places all around the states, meeting new people, having the chance to help as much customer as I could, the rush, the happiness in the job...
VERY political management
Contingency Director (Former Employee), Norwalk, OHAugust 15, 2013
Pros: free circus tix are nice
Cons: cya environment
Great insurance but everyone in the company is concerned with covering their a** and blaming is the name of the game. Every email is scrutinized and utilized to set people up.
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Vienna, VAJune 28, 2013
Great place to work. Would have continued employment here if the office had stayed in Virginia. Overall management of the company was excellent.
very nice place to work lots of opportunity for new projects
Director of Operations (Current Employee), Aurora, ILJune 27, 2013
Most days are filled with guiding young managers through the rigors of live event production.

I have learned patience and perseverance in the face of making difficult decisions.
The ability to travel all over the world with Disney On Ice
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Palmetto, FLApril 10, 2013
Pros: traveling and commision
Cons: long hours and not on an hourly wage nor salary.
It was a job like none other. You were living your job. Worked long hours while developing close relationships with co-workers. You learn a good value of hardwork, orgnizations, patience, and so many more qualities.