FELLERS Employee Reviews

Ruuuuuuuunnnn!!!
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 8, 2016
The job title "warehouse manager" should be changed to "warehouse EVERYTHING"
When you are in this position you do everything....pull orders...inventory control...deal with customers...order supplies...clean the toilets.....EVERYTHING!!! The reason for that is because you are the only person in the warehouse. And the company will not hire a second person...or compensate you for the amount of work that you have to do. And when it comes to work...it is non stop. The term that I used was "relentless". The orders do not stop coming in. So you need to take care of that, customers coming in, daily cycle counts, unload trucks and put stock away. All within an eight hour period.

They will tell you that you are able to "cut off" so that you won't receive any more orders. This is their reasoning for not having a second person in the warehouse. However, you will still receive orders even when you aren't supposed to.

The good thing about the job is that you never see anyone from the corporate office. This is also the bad part about the job. Because, they have no idea the amount of work the position actually does. They only look at the bottom line and they make that very obvious whenever you bring up the short comings of their system.

The turn over rate for the position is extremely high. And management seems to be ok with it. The average warehouse manager (myself included) at the facility that I worked at worked for the company between 6 months to a year. Several managers in other facilities would just walk off of the job because of getting overwhelmed. I too felt like doing
  more... that.

I ended up being fired, not because I did anything wrong, but because I asked for a raise or some help. I said that I wasn't happy with the way that things were being run. The next week I saw my job posted on indeed and the week after that I received a call telling me that they are moving on with someone else....who will take your place in five minutes.

I could go on and on about how the company is run and how cruddy the position is. But it's easier if I say DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB!!! I have been a REAL warehouse manager and supervisor with almost 25 years experience and i have never ever come across a company like this.
Pros
9-5 monday to Friday hours
Cons
everything else
Horrible enviroment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2016
There is absolutely no job security ,The requirement for growth is limited to the same accounts each month unable to prospect
Pros
Health care
Cons
double your quota fpr six months straight, fail to meet number next two, terminated
Warehouse, Recieving
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 23, 2016
Farm and ranch store that has a variety of people coming into the store. This store attracts all kinds of visitors that allows for animals to visit as well. Many different opportunities to get to know about farming equipment, medical vaccinations, and much more. Interesting fun place to work. Good for a person right out of high school for a first job.
Bad Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 24, 2016
A typical day of work is dealing with around 80 calls a day selling vinyl wrap. However, the customers could really order all of the items online.
Some of the employees are not professional. They spend most of the day gossiping and putting down others rather than taking calls.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Employees
Good Work Enviroment
IS Anynalst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 15, 2016
Busy Day my coworkers are sharp and helpful. Working with 3rd vendors. Special projects are great. There is really nothing hard as long as you stay on top of things.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Benefits are awful and no raises
Nice place to work
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis,July 17, 2015
Good place to work. You always have set hours. Your day starts at 9 doing count and other paper work then the rest is picking, cleaning up, and putting up stock.
Hard working team members that get no appreciation
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 24, 2015
When I went to work for them, I specifically asked if there was room for advancement (i was working on my college degree) and was told absolutely. Learn this job and within a year you can advance upward. That was a lie.......Most of the team managers are kind but the one I worked under has favorites and can be hateful. The reps that work there are hardworking but the atmosphere had changed while I was there from an owner who respected and cared about the people that make his business grow, to about it being all about himself
Pros
will work around your schedule for dr apt and children
Cons
getting yelled at because there are too many calls coming in
Terrible Employer
Outside Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  Territory Along the Eastern SeaboardFebruary 26, 2013
Management is extremely WEAK. Tech. support and inside sales are both bad.
Pay is insulting.
Company CANNOT think outside the box at all, there is negative creativity at this firm.
Customers are not valued, neither are emploeeys.
Support for Outside Sales Reps. is weak. Every customer issue (INCLUDING LEGITIMATE ISSUES) are NOT taken seriously, blamed on the customer, and NEVER resolved.
Most of the management team is NOT well educated and are in their positons because of their relationship with the owner.
Commission structure and sales goals are set up to NEVER make sales goal or earn commission.
I am astonished that they function well enough to remain in business. However, I think this is only because the combined competition is equally as bad so Fellers is able to hold some market share.
If this is absolutely the ONLY job you can get, KEEP LOOKING!
ANY remotely self respecting, semi-successful sales pro can do better than this firm.
Pay reflects base, car allowance, & commissions.
Dates in this review reflect a range to remain anonymous.
Cons
to many to summarize
Excellent sales management
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 7, 2013
Minimal supervision for the sales reps which is what I liked the most. HR on the other hand rules the roost and costs them many great employees.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville S.C.June 10, 2012
Daily paperwork in the early mornings. Pulling orders, sewing banners and shipping orders. Inventory
Pros
peaceful an quiet enviroment.
Cons
nothing
Worked with a great group of people. Really enjoyed helping my Customers
Customer Service/Product Support- Tulsa (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 4, 2012
Fast paced workplace. Took apprximately 150 inbound calls per day.
Pros
good work hours, off on weekends
Cons
expensive health care, 401k match was not available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FELLERS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7