Fellowship Health Resources, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fellowship Health Resources is a good company.
Case Manager/Associate Clinician (Current Employee), Milton, DEJuly 16, 2015
Everyday at work is very rewarding in making a difference and improve the quality of life for those mentally challenged by societal forces. I learned to adjust daily and give them my all to individual needs of my clients and to their living environment. We have a terrific management team and excellent relationship with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is witnessing the different arrays of mental challenges that our clients go through and the most enjoyable part is that we continue to give hope and a better environment for them to live-their medical, psychiatric, social and housing needs taken care of.
No one wants to work here
Recovery Support Worker (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Clients, coworkers, benefits
Cons: No breaks, pay, management, no training, short staffed
This is by far the worst place I have ever worked. Management does not care about staff in any way, shape or form. The turnover rate at this organization is the highest I've ever seen. You'll get bombarded with e-mails and calls asking to pick up overtime (even when you've already said no) and since they are never fully staffed, you're expected to do more and more. They barely train you and claim you get an hour paid break but more times than not, you will not get one. They ship you off to different houses, even if you've never worked there before, meanwhile the managers do not cover shifts at all. Don't even bother looking at the schedule because it's very likely that you will be asked to do something else somewhere else. You will be fired if they don't like you or they will micromanage you until you quit. They do not give raises AT ALL. Recovery Support Workers make $10 an hour meanwhile the minimum wage in MA is $9. The only ups to this job are the wonderful clients and friendly co-workers. And even then, it is very obvious that the staff who have been there a while are burnt out and beaten down.
Love the clients, management ruined the experience
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Clients, Studio 35
Cons: Staff are overworked and management does not offer to help.
My job responsibility was very unique in that I had to staff the program. This made it difficult when we had numerous turn overs. When trying to speak with my managers about this issue they simply told me to continue asking the limited staff we had for coverage. I would spend my days calling or texting or asking in person each staff member 4-5 times if they could work the same shift. When I began offering to cover the shifts myself at first it was allowed until other managers realized they would be looked at poorly for not doing the same. I loved the clients and the staff! The management needs to take a long hard look at themselves and realize they are a huge part of the problem. This type of field is difficult to work in as it can be very draining but a majority of the turn overs I saw while employed with FHR had more to do with management.

Staff are very overworked and when things start to fall behind instead of managers trying to sit and talk with their staff they place them on warning. I myself as a manager was forced to put a staff member on warning because they did not like her certain emails. I was very apposed to it and fought ti for months. However in the end I was forced to complete a warning and then was criticized for how I delivered the warning.

The clients are the main reason so many stay with FHR so long. The clients are so kind and really depend on the staff. It is truly heartwarming to see clients opening up to staff and trusting them. I felt awful when I left but it was the bet decision I ever made. Leaving FHR I was able to sleep at night without waking up to nightmares about scheduling and coverage issues. I am now able to work for a company who values their employees and recognizes employees for the little things including things in their job description. I would not recommend FHR to anyone. In fact since I left I have given several employee references for people that were still employed there.
Great establishment
Technical Communications Assistant (Former Employee), Lincoln, RIJune 29, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: none
It was the most rewarding experience of my College attendance. I learned technical and philosophical techniques as well as professional exposure. My supervisor was very helpful and taught me valuable information that will stay with me for the rest of my life.
Very Good Place to Learn; Good for career building and for students in mental health/human services
Recovery Advocate (Current Employee), Fall River, MAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Good coworkers, excellent experience to be gained, good amount of paid time off, rewarding population to work with.
Cons: Not always enough staff; large work load.
I will be honest-this job requires responsible and dedicated employees...if you are not one of those types of people, think twice before taking a job at FHR. As well, it also requires workers to flexible and adaptive with our clients because they are top priority and deserve people that will work hard to support them.

With the disclaimer in mind, this job can be a lot of fun, very rewarding and an opportunity to understand how the mental health field works. For those that work here while they are in college for social work or psychology, FHR can provide excellent opportunities for internships and experience in the field that might help a student understand if the clinical route is good for them. For those with a degree, this is a good place to start the foundations for a career in the field.

There is a lot to learn with the job, especially the Recovery Advocate position but as long as you put in the effort to learn it all and work on improving, the management team is usually understanding and as supportive as they can be during that process. Sometimes it turns out that the job isn't for everyone but that happens and it is what it is.

As far as co workers go, especially in the region that I work in, I'd say I'm very happy to have friendly and supportive co workers that all do a wonderful job at keeping our clients happy. We are all as team oriented as we can be and that's good considering sometimes the job can be stressful...I would say that this place can turn those that are brand new to the field into great social workers if they are willing to put in the effort.

Hope this review is helpful!
Working with Clients
Recovery Support Worker (Current Employee), Fallriver MassMay 10, 2015
I've learned so much being apart of fellowship. I work with clients who have chronic mental illnesses. I've become CPR Certified along with MAP Certified, ive learned about each person individually, learned about medications and working with all the co-workers is great. Everyone is super nice, easy going and very helpful to one another.
Diverse
Recovery Support Worker (Former Employee), New Bedford, MAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Social Work field
Cons: little pay
On daily basis as a Recovery Support Worker you assess and manage skills of mentally challenged individuals. As a social worker you are able to work with a diverse amount of cultures and ages helping them to manage, organize, and develop skills building for independently living. This skills building includes and is not limited to learning how to clean, make appointments, cook dinner, and find employment. Most importantly it was individually forming treatment plans to the clients that way they are able to learn and progress. This helped in limiting crisis intervention if possible.

The most rewarding part of this job was getting to know the stories of the individuals. Once you learn about the individuals you are treating the more you as a Recovery Support Worker were able to adapt their treatment to make it a success. The hardest part of the job was knowing that with the treatment life still happens and with that often comes crisis. Crisis intervention was often needed because of unexpected life challenges.
Great for inexperienced recent graduates
Assistant Program Director (Former Employee), Manassas, VAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Fast hiring process
Cons: No breaks
A typical day work is complicated by the office gossip and office high school cliquish mannerisms. Learned to focus on my work and not be a team player and be careful and fearful of what to speak said with certain persons on the job. Horrible management and no open door policy with management. Shift work is complicated and hard. No enjoyable part of this job
awsome
Peer Specialist (Current Employee), Manassas, VAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: resume buidling
Cons: low pay
This place is the best place to work for resume building, after that leave the program as soon as possible, this place is very low paying for the degrees required . but the place is bad managment
I loved working with the clients, management was located out of state.
Lead House Manger/Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee), Arlington VaMarch 2, 2015
Pros: clients easy to work with.
Cons: need more professonal management.
I loved working with the clients, management was located out of state, which made it difficult to report issues when they arose.
Never enough time in the day
Registered Nurse- ACT team (Current Employee), Phoenixville, PAFebruary 28, 2015
Cons: workload, compensation
Quite disorganized and chaotic work environment. Hard to feel like anything that is accomplished is done in a successful efficient manner. Frequent staff turnover.
Hate It or Love It
Recovery Support Worker (Current Employee), Fall River, MAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: paid 1-hour lunch
Cons: mandated employee (may be required to stay an additional shift if no coverage)
Fellowship, as well as the entire Human Services Field is a hate it or love it kind of work. I have seen a lot of people leave because it was simply not a good fit for them. I love my job at Fellowship. It provides me access to individuals who benefit/need my support and guidance. Not an employer to seek out if you are all about the pay. Employers are poorly compensated for their daily work (seriously a couple bucks more than a McDonald's salary). However the personal achievements that you assist other people to reach is well worth it... if you are that type of person. You never know... you might be all about the money today; but some day you might need someone the same way the consumer's @ Fellowship need us. Then you will embark on the true vision of FHR.
client focused
Recovery Advocate / Case Worker (Former Employee), New Bedford, MADecember 30, 2014
A community centered program developed to increase mental health awareness and promote recovery.
a great place to work
Peer Specialist (Current Employee), Manassas, VAAugust 19, 2014
great company. great people great place to and interact with people
poor management, high rate of staff turnover.
Mental Health Support Specialist (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: the management is awful
Cons: is a waste of time to work for this company.
This is the worst company to work for. I will not recommend any one to send their dog to work for this company. The employees are over worked and under payed.
Enjoyable clients and nice coworkers
Recovery Advocate (Current Employee), Fall River, MAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: hour lunch break, great coworkers, interesting clients, days go by fast
Cons: tons of paperwork, excessive meetings, doesn't pay well
I enjoy being able to shape my day around appointments, client meetings, paperwork, etc. I am usually able to take a full hour lunch, if I desire. Usually I wind up doing busy work like sending emails during lunch, but I have the option to do whatever I would like. Some days I am running around so much that I don't get a lunch, but I find it's rare. There are a ton of meetings with collegues, which took a while to get accustomed to. Some of these meetings feel like a time waster, but for the most part it helps bridge communication gaps so everyone knows about all the clients served. I find the paperwork portion to be obscenely redundant. There's a copy of papers online and in two different binders in most cases. Everything needs to be updated semiannually or annually. Most of the paperwork aspect is due to DMH regulations, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. My coworkers are wonderful people with great senses of humor. Despite their chronic mental illnesses, all of my clients bring unique strengths and personalities to the table. I enjoy the variety of interactions this job allows for on a daily basis. Overall, I highly recommend working for FHR.
This is without a doubt the worst company I've ever worked for
Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 25, 2014
This company doesn't give a d**m for the clients, just about how many Medicaid billing hours they can get. This company has a tendency to fire people for inane reasons, several of the employees who cared the most and helped the clients the most were fired for little things while I was there. Extremely high turn over even without the firings, most all of the counselors were looking for new employment within a short time of starting there, including me. This is the only company I can honestly say I regret ever working for. At least I got away without having a termination on my work history, many of my highly qualified former colleagues weren't so lucky. I and other ex-employees jokingly call ourselves Fellowship Survivors.
Interesting Experience
Mental Health Support Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, VADecember 8, 2013
This is a great experience. Must be able to hand a large case load.
Great Company
Clinician (Former Employee), Millsboro, DEOctober 25, 2013
Company offers many chances for advancement. Great people to work with, relax culture, and various divisions for any personality.
Clients are wonderful.
Mental Health Support Specialist (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMay 23, 2013
Pros: working with the clients and having days off during the week.
Cons: working 12 hour shifts. management not hearing your concerns.
Help clients learn problem solving solutions. Provide training and support to enable individuals with significant functional limitations to achieve and maintain community stability and independence in the most appropriate, least restrictive environment. Training and reinforcing functional skills and appropriate behavior related to the individual's health and safety,. Activities of Daily Living, use of community resources, assistance with medication management, monitoring health, nutrition and physical environment.
Learned: monitor individuals taking their medications. Learn to appreciate my education.
Management: not very much involved with clients.
co-workers: Some very dedicated to clients others not.
Hardest part of job: Having to work 12 hour shifts.
Most enjoyable part of job: Working with the clients.