Fellowship Health Resources, Inc. Employee Reviews

Was a stellar company. Now very questionable
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  DelewareAugust 12, 2016
Again questionable. Clients need us to advocate. If your ideas differ from bosses then watch your back. Very clickish. Very childlike and unprofessional.
Pros
Benefits and flexibility
Cons
Follow the corporate culture and ok. Mission statement is a joke.
I love my job.
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAAugust 17, 2016
FHR is a great place to work. I have been here for almost 2 and a half years and have received a promotion and raises. Management is approachable, available, and wants the best for their employees. The work is challenging but do-able. There are different programs within this region and you really get to know those people that come to the different programs. Working with a variety of different positions (therapist, case managers, psych rehab) has been great because you are able to learn a lot.

Your co-workers are here are amazing and everyone really gets a long. The team moral is high and it makes it easy getting up and going to work each day. We also get to make a difference in people's lives day in and day out and that is invaluable.

There are always cons to a job and this one would be that corporate is far away and not always as helpful as they seem to be but that is a work in progress. With a great Regional Director, direct service staff and therapist do not have to worry about that. The pay is not the best but it is non-profit and that is expected. They work to do what they can to make it better. If you are salaried there have a great PTO package.

In the two and a half years I have been here I have seen so much change (in a positive way). This place was awful when I started and since then it has been a constant forward movement. There were changes in management and a real boost in team moral. I am happy to come to work each and every day.
Pros
Co-workers, Individuals Served, Great PTO package, Management
Cons
Benefits are not the best, Pay - but I am realistic in that this is the norm for the field.
Productive workplace
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 30, 2016
Fellowship supports personal and professional growth. This is a well established company with benefits and a long history in providing mental health and substance abuse treatment services.
Pros
opportunities for growth
Cons
salary
Opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PASeptember 1, 2016
This organization continues to grow and flourish, thanks to leadership that inspires on every level. Yes, the work is demanding and all are held to the highest standards of service and professionalism. This is no place for slackers.Management displays a keen interest in staff development and all expectations are clearly defined. The work culture is friendly and mutually supportive. If you are dedicated to role excellence and believe that you can make a difference in the lives of our most vulnerable citizens, this is a wonderful opportunity, and we would love to have you on board.
Terrible management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 18, 2016
The turnover rate is extremely high, at least 15 people left, or were terminated in the 6 months I worked there. When staff would go to their team leaders to clarify an issue, or to ask a question managers have said, maybe this job is too much for you, or have reported to upper management staff did not know their job. People have been terminated without being put on warnings, or corrective actoin as policy states. Rules are changed, or bent depending on the person making decisions,IE if staff makes an error, it will be ignored if they are part of the click. Where a different staff will be fired for same infraction.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
Review Summary
Aide (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DEJanuary 5, 2017
My typical day at work consisted of assisting residents with chores, meal prep and medicine distribution. occasionally we would take group outings. Management was cooperative and understanding but some co-workers were difficult to work with. If having to work with those individuals came about I would just do my job, as they did theirs and talk to them professional to professional if any situations came about. The most enjoyable part of the job was the residents they build friendships with the aides and like to keep us updated on new events in their life.
Supporting people reach their potential and and improve their quality of life.
Recovery Advocate (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMarch 21, 2016
I am working with duel diagnosis clients at Fellowship Health Resources in the Therapeutic Respite Program who is contracted by the DMH. our mission is to assist people of all ages to improve their behavior health, well being, and quality of life. I believe service is based of hope, respect, ethical behavior. and genuine caring for people. We utilize a prism model of person centered, respectful, individualized, and strength based. I case manage the clients after they are discharged from crisis. I support them in obtaining if they need: insurance benefits, income benefits, providers, education on their diagnosis and medication and support them in obtaining a safe living environment if needed with the support of the DMH for ; independent living, group homes, substance abuse facilities: halfway houses or sober living environments. I work with the team along with clients as it is individualized treatment plans. The hardest part of the job is getting all benefits and safe living environment in place within 30 days which we are up to a 30 day program. I enjoy watching the progress of the clients and being successful in their individualized recover plan.
Pros
Supportive, helpful, giving hope, respectful, team work
Cons
The con about this program is the short amount of time to achieve the clients goals.
Great job with manny positiv interactions with fellow staff.
Clincian (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, DENovember 3, 2016
Very positive experience in both positions. Chances for growth and development .Team supports that were beneficial to consumers and staff. It was enjoyable to help consumers prepare meals based on culture and pass history.
Pros
Community setting, and staff relations
Cons
NA
It was hard to leave.
Regional Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAOctober 21, 2016
There is no typical day at Fellowship Health Resources but every day is a different adventure. The management and staff have their flow and one mission in mind together. The uniformity and flow of the management and staff really creates a fun environment. The Management are not just there to help the clients, but they are there to help you as an employee as well. Being in a mental health field can drain you as an employee, and understanding that has given the Fellowship management the upper edge on allowing for a work/life balance. Your day is going to go how your attitude is portrayed. If you have a positive attitude you will have a positive day. The co-workers are above par and since everyone has the same mindset, of helping clients, they are more inclined to help you do so as well. The co-workers are motivational and lean on each other in order to see any client succeed. Management is open and honest about their vision and where they see you as an employee going within the company. You have to be willing to take the constructive criticism and interpret that into your own success within the company and yourself. Management will show you opportunities but they are not one to carry you through it. Management is motivating as well, and they want to see any employee flourish. You are responsible for your own success. Without the drive for personal growth, dedication, or professional development there will be days that you feel like you don't fit in. However, there are plenty of opportunities for that personal and professional breakthrough you are looking for. The company over-all  more... is always looking for new ways to reward employees, you have to be willing to participate. With this company, everything is at your doorstep, you just have to be willing to move your feet!  less
Pros
Staff, Client relationships, free lunch meetings
Every Day Is Different; Rewarding and Stressful
Recovery Advocate (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work consists of morning duties which include medicating clients and making sure the house is clean. Clients leave group homes by 9:00 am and many attend day programs. During the day you meet with clients and help them accomplish their goals and take them to appointments
experience
client:-) (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MADecember 5, 2016
This is good. I already had words with both human rights officers none helped but they took notes on what I explained and something did get done. Thank you-lol
Pros
weekends
Cons
people haven"t any pofessional manners
No one wants to work here
Recovery Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 15, 2015
This is by far the worst place I have ever worked. Management does not care about staff in any way, shape or form. The turnover rate at this organization is the highest I've ever seen. You'll get bombarded with e-mails and calls asking to pick up overtime (even when you've already said no) and since they are never fully staffed, you're expected to do more and more. They barely train you and claim you get an hour paid break but more times than not, you will not get one. They ship you off to different houses, even if you've never worked there before, meanwhile the managers do not cover shifts at all. Don't even bother looking at the schedule because it's very likely that you will be asked to do something else somewhere else. You will be fired if they don't like you or they will micromanage you until you quit. They do not give raises AT ALL. Recovery Support Workers make $10 an hour meanwhile the minimum wage in MA is $9. The only ups to this job are the wonderful clients and friendly co-workers. And even then, it is very obvious that the staff who have been there a while are burnt out and beaten down.
Pros
Clients, coworkers, benefits
Cons
No breaks, pay, management, no training, short staffed
CBFS Mental Health Provider
Assistant Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cape Cod, MAAugust 22, 2016
If I hadn't recently relocated, I would still be working in a full time capacity for FHR. The staff members and clients alike have given me a true feeling of satisfaction with the work I do each day.
Horrible Company in my Location
Recovery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 4, 2016
Staff is treated very poorly and yelled at and disrespected by supervisor. When i was hired as a Recovery Support Worker was not told i would be cleaning most of the night. Relief staff often would not show up on time, so i was forced to stay late. Very poorly run, very poorly organized. They treat their workers horribly.
Pros
FHR itself may be a good company, hard to tell
Cons
Horrible supervisor, poorly run location
Hate It or Love It
Recovery Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 10, 2015
Fellowship, as well as the entire Human Services Field is a hate it or love it kind of work. I have seen a lot of people leave because it was simply not a good fit for them. I love my job at Fellowship. It provides me access to individuals who benefit/need my support and guidance. Not an employer to seek out if you are all about the pay. Employers are poorly compensated for their daily work (seriously a couple bucks more than a McDonald's salary). However the personal achievements that you assist other people to reach is well worth it... if you are that type of person. You never know... you might be all about the money today; but some day you might need someone the same way the consumer's @ Fellowship need us. Then you will embark on the true vision of FHR.
Pros
Paid 1-Hour Lunch
Cons
Mandated Employee (May be required to stay an additional shift if no coverage)
Low wages, Unprofessional work environment, Management is temperamental
admin (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIOctober 9, 2012
If you are looking for a place to make a lot of money, guess again! (unless you are an officer of the company) In the last 5 years they have not had a salary increase but some how officers of the company get top rate. If I was making $100k plus per year, it would not bother me if I did not get a raise. When you have people in the company who have been there for 20 plus years barely making $40k per year is a little sad. Its the non-managers who work the hardest and give 110% but somehow they get no appreciation. The company has an officer who is an admin employee but lives in a state 900 miles away and only comes down for board meetings on the company's dime and is paid $100k per year. Management is VERY unprofessional. Asking questions about there employees life that is none of there business. We are there to work not BS about our personal life. Promotions are giving on friendship status instead of qualifications. Good place to work for 1 MAYBE 2 years and get the heck out!
Pros
paid hour lunch
Cons
no salary increases and everything else in the summary
Great company to work for
MHRT1 (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 15, 2015
Very structured, I like that. I recommend them as a worthy employer. They pay well, and have great benefits. I don't know what else to say about them.
Pretty Bad
line worker (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandDecember 17, 2012
Poor administration, they do not hire from within, disorganized, no support and exploit the line workers doing all the dirty work. The admin dont trust their workers creating division and anxiety, micromanaging production and whereabouts. Very unhealthy place to work.

So you have this against you while trying to help the mentally ill with limited resources and for profit companies trying to squeeze pennies from the system.

Mental health services in general are horrid.
Pros
benefits if you get full time.
Cons
disorganized, no support, unhealthy, low wage, high expectations.
Would not recommend...
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PA 19460September 1, 2016
I worked at FHR for over two years as a therapist. My work with clients was fulfilling and I gave them 100%. I also embraced the vision of this company and wanted to make a difference and build a quality workplace where people would feel happy about the services we provide and the team spirit. I am disappointed.
My good intentions did not seem to flow with management. Initially I was comfortable sharing information and working with my Supervisor, but as time progressed management developed their own agenda and told staff to get with their program or explore other options. We had a really good team of professionals who were quality clinicians.Our staff did explore their options and many have left including myself.
Fellowship could be a really great place to work if management would open the channels of communication with staff. When people are leaving your company you need to find out why and fix things. I was never given an exit interview, but lower management unofficially talked to me in a friendly way to find out where I was going and then e-mailed upper management to let them know. I know this because the e-mail was sent to me by mistake, I would have rather talked directly with upper management instead of them sneaking in through the back door.
I had an extremely large caseload (90 +) and it was difficult for me to leave them. I had an opportunity to make life better for a number of my clients and I am proud of what I achieved. I would have stayed if I was treated more professionally and not just overloaded with work and not made to feel like I mattered.
I write
  more... this review as a heads up to management that they need to change the way they treat employees if they want to keep quality people. I hold no animosity against anyone at FHR but rather I am sad that I could not be a part of helping them grow into a top service provider in Phoenixville.
Management makes mistakes too and some of the folks who are placed in positions of authority need to be looked at because they are driving away good clinicians. Fix this place. It is a much needed agency in Chester County but if you don;t change your attitude you will crash and burn.
I would hope that the Corporate Office will intervene to save this place because it has been failing for some time and they have not stopped it.
Pros
Caring staff, Good clinicians, Opprtunity to help many clients
Cons
management is headstrong about how they want to do things and not willing to be flexible with staff
Management is excellent
Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAMarch 28, 2016
Great place to work at. My position is extremely busy and stressful. Management and co workers are excellent. Every day is an opportunity to learn. The hardest part is billing 20 units a day, the most enjoyable is when you actually know you are making a difference in someones life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fellowship Health Resources, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8