FELLOWSHIP HOUSE Employee Reviews

A very good place to work for.
Case Management Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 27, 2017
Employees that I manage are a good work force and no problem to work with. I completed my doctorate while getting additional hands on experience in the mental health field.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Excessive travel time to and from work.
You don't get paid
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Palmetto Bay, FLSeptember 29, 2017
The pay sucks. Management is okay. The clients can be dangerous and there's not a lot of protection. Your co-workers are either really great or really bad.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
low pay
Great atmosphere, horrible pay
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 22, 2017
The members in the community are amazing. You connect with all the members instantly and the staff is very friendly, BUT the pay is horrible. They pay you a salary and you end up working over time as a case manager because you are always writing notes. You are not allowed to work while you are not clocked in, but you aren't allowed to work more than 37.5 hours either.. so you have to submit notes in time and you cannot write them at work because you are dealing with your members/clients.. you end up working at home because you need to turn the notes in and you end up working off the clock
Pros
the members are amazing
Cons
the pay
Great place to start your mental health career
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 23, 2017
An excellent place to begin and grow into your mental health career. Great opportunity to move up into management positions. Supportive of education pursuits. Health care benefits are a plus. Family oriented, so great place for someone with a family. Excellent exposure to mental health community and invaluable skills learned for future.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
you will have a difficult time if you are a poor manager if time.
The most interesting place I've ever worked.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 18, 2017
My time spent at fellowship house was by far the most interesting time of my career. I was a case manager making $27K. It was a great starting point for me and the connections made while there have continued to serve me to this day. The people I worked with were fun loving and dedicated to executing the mission statement.
You learn a lot quickly
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  South Miami, FLJuly 11, 2017
Its a great place to start your mental health career but you are severely underpaid, overworked and over stressed. The staff environment is great and everyone cares about the work but longevity isn't common in this company.
Never a dull day
PSR (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 7, 2017
Managers/staff are great and it's a pleasure to work with the members. However, the pay is very poor and the workload is extreme. Almost always understaffed. Employees are often stressed and having to take work home with no overtime/compensation.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No security for staff whatsoever
I loved working there
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  BirminghaApril 23, 2017
I felt I had a purpose when I worked there. We worked as a team to help others most of the time. At times it was stressful, but mostly rewarding. I will miss working there but it is time to move on to the next chapter in my life
Friendly clients and helpful services
Residential Specialist Perdiem (Former Employee) –  South Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2017
My days spent working at Fellowship House were amazing seeing as though I love working with people with disabilities. I learned about different disorders and how to understand individuals with those disorders. Management on the other hand was very unprofessional in my opinion but that had absolutely no affect on my work attitude or the client-member relationship that me and those residents shared.
Terrible place to work.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLJune 14, 2016
Overall, this place treats you like a volunteer. Terrible salary and expect too much. No security on site while dealing with mentally ill pts. Patients have to be exposed to new employees all the time as people leave all the time.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Selfish administration. Treat employees like slave.
High work demand and unfit compensation
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 31, 2015
Great experience for an entry-level position in the mental health field but terrible company management. Upper management only care about themselves and do not recognize/appreciate their employees.
Pros
Good experience in mental health field, flexible work schedule, decent paid time-off/benefits
Cons
Over-worked, poor pay, no incentives/recognition for hard-working employees, high stress.
Don't work here
nurse (Former Employee) –  Anna, ILDecember 16, 2015
The best part of this job was the patients, however the management the worst. They will actively shame staff, play favorites, and insult you. They play the different shift against each other. They also offer insurance but not for dependents. There are no raises and you only get pension after three years. They will promise you only full-time but expect to work atleast 8 hours of over time each week, and shifts that change frequently such as going from evening to midnight's an do back in 3 days.
Pros
Free meals on weekends
Cons
Management, staff
Managemen system not effective
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 19, 2015
Management system was lacking effectiveness. Safety for case managers not good. Salary under standard. Work pressure not in balance with professional standards and salary paid
Productive and exciting work place
FORENSIC PSR COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 12, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management. As a PSR counselor is our responsibility for the overall well being of all our forensic mentally ill members.The treatment program provided includes and not limited to: social skills, community integration skills, independent living skills, activity of daily living, substance use, and legal aspects. The staff are professional and knowledgeable. The hardest part of work is confronting relapse and the instability of some members and the most enjoyable part is seeing other members recover and obtaining a better quality of life style without the use of illicit substance.
Pros
Time to pursue further education
Cons
No proper stimulus
rewards and demands of working and managing mentally ill individuals
Manager and Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 9, 2015
I managed a small retail grocery/food counter with a variety of disabled individuals. I taught how to cook a meal and how to serve it. I trained the individuals how to operate the cash register and use different equipment in the store to make delicious food.
I learned how to motivate individuals to work as a team to produce a product the public wanted to eat.
The hardest part of the job was the emotional demands of being responsible to the job while managing needy workers.
We had lots of laughs all day long.
Pros
Good hearted people
Cons
Many trainings and workshops and meetings
Enjoyed working here
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 25, 2015
The village went through a major change and was not client oriented and not concerned with the well being of their clients or staff. Not a good place to work in the end.
fast paced learning environment
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYSeptember 13, 2015
I was always busy with something. Interpersonal skills were molded here. Helping people was the best part.Management was great to work for
Pros
always busy
Cons
always busy
Case management activities
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  South Miami, FLMay 13, 2013
Coordination of services for mental health patients, crisis intervention, home visits, advocacy services, including in social workers, and Judges, attorneys, prosecutors, and other professionals on behalf of the participant, court hearings, individual interventions, case discussion with counselors, psychiatrists, PCPs, case management notes, individualized treatment plans development and review, and other related documentation. I learned to increase patience and empathy levels toward others situations. Fellowship House promotes the team work in order to provide a service of excellence. The relationship between co-workers is very supportive. The hardest part of the job is confronting the nature of some cases that may become sad and heart breaking situations, and as case managers, we have to remain strong in order to provide support to the client. The most enjoyable part is when a case manager is able to observe the result of a well done work and the satisfaction of a client. It also a very positive experience when we are able to observe a client increasing his/her independent life skills with the assistance of the case manager.
Pros
The satisfaction of a well done job, relationship between co-workers, working environment
Cons
Protocols and chains of communication and command are not observed by staff.
Excellent facility
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 1, 2013
Working at the Fellowship House was always different every day and this made it a pleasure to come to work every day. Due to the high caseloads and the desire to advance, there was a low life balance. This was recognized by management and they rewarded good work with appropriate benefits.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 20, 2012
I've worked at Fellowship House for over 8 years. At Fellowship house we serve mentally ill adults and provide them with a variety of programs and services. The best of the job is working with our members (clients) and the relationships that you develop with your co-workers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the overwhelming amout of documentation.
Pros
benefits, flexibility, working with a great team of people
Cons
documentation, salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FELLOWSHIP HOUSE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8