Fellowship Of Catholic University Students

Fellowship Of Catholic University Students Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Focus
Campus Missionary (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Overall, working for FOCUS, a non-profit organization, was the best decision I could have made. Although I am an entry-level applicant for construction management now, FOCUS gave me many professional skills. Their training in fundraising, team development, personal ministry development, public speaking, and personal character building, is very advanced.

Each day I would meet with several students on campus, mentor them, teach them how to teach others, and reached out to students who were looking for answers or needed encouragement. My team life was awesome, very much like a family, and full of support.

Fundraising a salary is a difficult task and definitely the hardest part, just because we only had about two months to do it after our summer training.

Watching a student turn from a lifestyle of self-defeating habits and pain, to a lifestyle of positivity and self-feeding habits was the best and most consoling part of the ministry.
campus missionary responsible for building ministry
Campus Missionary (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IllinoisOctober 25, 2012
A typical day as a missionary was never typical. As part of a team of four missionaries per campus, we were responsible for establishing a Catholic campus ministry on whichever campus we were placed at. In addition to leading weekly Bible studies, managing monthly large group outreach, and mentoring students one-on-one, we also created and maintained a network of monthly financial supporters as we were each responsible for fundraising our own salary for the duration of our time as missionaries.

During my two years as a missionary, I learned how to fundraise through personal invitation as well as how to maintain faithful donors. I learned how to recruit and train volunteers (i.e. students who were involved in leadership roles in the ministry) as well as how to publicize and run events.

The most difficult part of being a missionary was being constantly available to the students. Since it was a ministry role, part of what made our ministry effective was being able to be radically available to the students. This meant sometimes working from 7 am until well past midnight to be a part of the students' lives. It was extremely rewarding and during my time as a missionary, I developed many lifelong friends not only with the students, but also with my fellow missionaries and with the staff on the campuses I worked at.
one of the best environments to work in!
National Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Golden, COMarch 14, 2013
The most enjoyable part of working for FOCUS (at the national office) are the people. My co-workers are so authentic, genuine and joyful. Because we are united through a common mission, it makes even stressful or tough days worth it. A typical day at the office is similar to many other offices- we sit in front of computers, hold meetings, and continually try to better our organization. However, we are also quite different from other work places because we have Mass and prayer during office hours, where we get to pray with and for one another!
Pros
the people, the dynamicly catholic environment, the creativity, mass, prayer
Cons
commuting to the mountains
Young, inspiring workplace
Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 10, 2012
Ability to attend Daily Mass at the office, prayer with co-workers, and a spiritual element to everyday tasks that should seem merely monotonous.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fellowship Of Catholic University Students. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6