FEMA

FEMA Employer Reviews

good job
Flowback /helper (Former Employee), TXSeptember 12, 2014
A long but very good day ,how to be a ledder and work my way up,they have very good management,good work place ,was working night ,good pay
fast-paced workplace
GIS Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: new computerrs and software
Cons: lifers
Generating large and small-scaled maps to management.
Accomplished every training goal for my position.
Management was always busy. One was often left to find solutions on one's own.
Co-workers were very competitive.
The hardest part was keeping all of the balls in the air.
The best part was knowing that your efforts made a difference.
Daily phone contact with disaster victims, assisting them in getting much needed help for reorganizing their lives.
Bilingual Human Services Specialist (Former Employee), San Juan, Puerto RicoAugust 31, 2014
Pros: harmony between staff members and excellent benefits
Developed and oversaw the Initial Disaster Assistance Registration Procedure that expedited the review and management of requests for disaster assistance.
Great job to work
DISASTER ASSISTANCE EMPLOYEE (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 14, 2014
Pros: helping others in need
Cons: not enough work ( no hurricane, no work)
The job is very demanding but rewarding. 10-12 hour day 7 days a week was a mental and physical challenging. The rewarding part was helping others in need.
attentive to details
Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 11, 2014
Pros: pros promotion and pay
Cons: cons you have to wake up very early
This position required me to supervise and monitor the removal of any tree debris of the disaster relief of hurricanes. I would drive to different location that was affective by the hurricane. Some of the affected areas were on school premises so it was vital to have a clean record. Once I arrived at to my location I proceed to tag and mark all the – more... trees that I saw that was of hazard. The crew that I was in charge over would meet me at these locations and I would supervise all activity and removal of the debris, insuring all debris was properly removed. I had to accurately track and log with a handheld GPS all accordance’s. This insured that no fraudulent action would take place from my crew. It was also my obligation to write and distributing ticket for each debris removal. All tickets insured the worker would get payment for the work they provided. – less
Hectic call center
Human Service Specialist II/Asst (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDAugust 5, 2014
I was glad FEMA provided training.. to process claims for payment.

Bad hours.
Senior Environmental Engineer – roles included: NEPA Task Force Leader, Senior Environmental Specialist.
FEMA Technical Assistance Contractor (Current Employee), New JerseyJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great work environment, able to help people
• Processed 234 applications for public assistance in NJ. Reviewed each application for compliance with federal, state and local environmental laws; this required knowing the laws and understanding the project impact.
• Coordinated with the three – more... internal divisions at the FEMA disaster office: Public Assistance, Hazard Mitigation and Environmental. Interfaced with 33 environmental staff and 3 FEMA divisions to understand the problem, apply the technical engineering issues, resolve the conflict and satisfy the environmental laws pertaining to the proposed construction.
• Resolved policy issues that arose as a result of the disaster. Analyzed the issue, applied the regulations and developed a policy for the construction to proceed.
• Invited speaker for FEMA three-day training course on Floodplains and Wetlands. These areas involve the base flood elevation, velocity zone and development in the floodplain. This expertise was utilized in policy development on floodplains. – less
I absolutely loved working for FEMA!
Housing Advisor/Caseworker (Former Employee), Ocean Springs, MSJuly 14, 2014
Pros: health benefits, flexible hours
Cons: the assignment ended
Working for FEMA was a wonderful experience, I was able to assist my clients with a new residence, if needed. I like to make people feel special and appreciated.
Good job on an introduction level for federal work
Hazard Mitigation (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJune 5, 2014
Job, was easy, low stress, but demanding. Management seemed to all be friends and a click was present.
Amazing environment assisting Hurricane Sandy Victims
Business Objects Developer/Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2014
Serving for Dept of Homeland Security was an honor in this sandy relief project. i served as a developer and admin for daily tasks and saw first hand effects of hurricane sand. It was a fast paced environment with patient people
Productive and effective means of managing disaster releif
Logistics (Current Employee), Mountain View, CA/ Herndon, VA,/ Kansas City, MOMay 21, 2014
Working inside of FEMA was a boost in cultivating my professional skills. My days consisted of working for one or several of thier regional warehouses (region 7 &9). My job title was logistics operations and I loaded, unloaded, and distributed warehouse material to thier destinations. I also organized and inventoried most of the warehouse stock to keep – more... up to date and organized for more material to come in. My co-workers were always friendly and willing to assist me in any way possible.But the most enjoyable part of the job was working insode of an organization where your work impacts peoples every day lives. – less
Excellent field experience
HM Hazard Performance Analyst/HM 406 Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 15, 2014
Pros: experiencing various places in the country while deployed.
Cons: not having any specific sens of home while deployed.
Working with FEMA is an excellent experience for an architect to get a strong sense of the damage caused by extreme weather. Working in hazard mitigation gives the professional the ability to recommend effect ways of making building and civil structures more resilient to future disasters.
Montired debris truck loads for Escambia County
Debris Manager (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 9, 2014
This was a great job also due to the oppurtunities to help my community after a disaster. I learned a lot about the layout of the city, but meeting the people and hearig their stories was the best. Knowing I was apart of helping people put their lives back together and get back to normal was very gratifying.
Fulfilling
Temporary positions following relocation (Former Employee), Denton TXApril 29, 2014
Pros: helping others in need.
Serving others and relizing just how blessed you are.

Satisfied going home knowing you helped someone that day.

Busy and Productive.
Calm
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Hyattsville, MDApril 28, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Cons: unstructured
Very stressful in my everyday schedule. The management team was not on one accord. Best part about being with the company was being constantly around computers.
Great job for those who want to help others.
Certified Home Inspector (Former Employee), United StatesApril 24, 2014
Pros: helping others, making a difference.
Cons: its seasonal
Helping victims of natural disasters recover and from losses due to the disaster.
FEMA
Human Service Specialist (Former Employee), orlando flApril 24, 2014
• Answer all incoming calls in helpline service for disaster victims
• Input new registrations into FEMA database
• Investigate duplicate applications
• Update applicants applications
Assisting clients in need
FEMA Housing Inspector (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 21, 2014
Pros: travel, meet all kinds of people, and helping others
Cons: long hours some times
Meet with clients , preparing to assist them to recieve housing assistance.
When disaster calls
Reservist Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 1, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: being away from family for long periods of time.
As a reservist we get called out when disasters hit. The experience is unlike anything most people will ever imagine. You usually go to a disaster shortly after it happens.

As an Operations specialist I work closely with the Operations Chief and usually the FCO. I get to over see the full disaster. People in other sections only see what their section – more... is doing, but operations staff usually see the complete picture. It is a wonderful learning element. – less
Deployment with FEMA DR 4145
LEP/ACN (Former Employee), Centennial, COMarch 19, 2014
Pros: good salary, great work culture
Cons: being away from family for a long period of time
As LEP/ACN Centennial, Colorado DR 4145

Research demographic and disaster latest situation. Research disaster awareness to assist the staff and the community. Travel long hours between Joint Field Operations Building and the assigned field. Coordinate with External Affairs Program Liaison as directed.

Hardest part of the job is being away from my – more... family.
The most enjoyable part was working on behalf of the staff that is highly dedicated to disaster survivors.

Co-workers focus on the mission of the agency who work long hours daily to assist survivors their families, their business, and their city. – less

1 2 3 4 5