FEMA

FEMA United States Employee Reviews

Hard working individuals
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lincroft, NJ 07738March 18, 2015
For a Temporary assignment, the experience was
great. I learned all about saving your house
if another storm comes thru NJ.
Helping others Recover their Homes and Lives
Disaster Housing Inspector (Current Employee), Winchester, VAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: helping post disaster victims recover
Cons: being blamed for assistance they cannot acquire 100%
The hardest part of my job is the emotional needs of someone that has lost all of their valuables and structures, post disaster. Helping new inspectors to understand the program as well as having confidence to perform daily tasks is a servant leadership style I adhere to.
The most enjoyable part of my job is education the public on Mitigation techniques that can possibly save them from future hazards and the stress of possibly losing personal memories or material items. Recovery and preparedness are important to learn.
I have learned in the last ten years that this job is very important for the individuals that have post disaster needs and helping them recover is work that is most rewarding to both my job and their lives.
No SOP( Standard of Procedure) will be enforced
Clerk I (Former Employee), Selma, ALMarch 3, 2015
Pros: some good people to work with
Cons: never know if you will have a job from day to day
There has never been a procedure so there fore rules changes daily. The moral on this job is very poor. I have learned a lot on this job and learned to take on new jobs everyday. The most enjoyable thing about this job is knowing we are helping people in need of a home to live in.
Highly skilled work place where staff was willing to train
Administrative Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: excellent work atmosphere
Cons: job didn't last long enough
Responding to emails, processing travel documents and training in the financial section. Printing necessary financials and posting them;
Great Working Environment and Great Mission
Disaster Survivor Assistance Employee (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: supportive hierarchy, good training, great people
Early in the Disaster Recovery Operation and for perhaps as long as 6 weeks be willing to work 10-12 hour days 7 days a week. The focus is always on the survivors while ensuring a safe working environment for the employees. Everyone puts in these hours willingly knowing that we are helping people and families reclaim a part of their lives. FEMA flexible is the mantra as all employees are able and willing to change direction at a moments notice in order to be where the need is the greatest. Teamwork is crucial and the organizational structure makes it easy for everyone to work well together. Training is also available for anyone looking to improve their skills.
Helping and lending a hand
Computer Operator (Former Employee), Berryville, VAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: computer programming tester
Cons: changing of guidelines for the same disaster in different states
Speaking with disaster victims scheduling inspections for real and personal property. Then speaking with apps insurance company making sure that we don't pay the same items that they are paying for. And if that happens then Recouping the funds given. Forwarding that information to the proper financial department for further assistance. Making payment to the applicant in need making sure that they have the funds to purchase items to make the home sanitary,safe,secure
Never been called out yet.
Tech Support (Former Employee), Winchester, VAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: got to travel
Cons: no enough work
If I was called up, I would be on the help desk. Someone would call in about a problem and I would tell them how to fix the problem.
Intence
Inspector ID (Current Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: helping people
Cons: paying for everything out of pocket.
If one likes to travel and stay in hotel's this is a job for them.
Management in finance lack integrity
Account Technician (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 22, 2015
Cons: management is untrustworthy
The management from the top down lack integrity. It is a good old boy network for management hiring friends and spouse's friends. It tries to keep anyone that isn't what they want then to be from advancing.
Already reviewed
Special Agent (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: same as before
Cons: same as before
Conduct complex criminal investigations of violations of Federal disaster programs. Types of investigations: FEMA program grant fraud, insurance fraud, financial fraud, mail and wire fraud, false statements, theft of government equipment, product substitution, employee misconduct, and money laundering
Awesome
Human Services Specialist (Former Employee), Denton, TXDecember 2, 2014
I looked forward to going to work everyday just because it was fun. On top of that I was able to help a hurricane victime everyday.
Rewarding job
Manager and Transporter of disaster relief pods (Current Employee), Houston TexasNovember 11, 2014
Pros: great pay and benifits
Cons: long hours
A lot of driving was part of the job. I got to see a lot of America. The hours were long. Not enough sleep etc. The pay was well worth it.
work depends on disasters
CONTRACTOR (Current Employee), variesNovember 4, 2014
working with new Microsoft Tablet challenging. Pay and reimbursements excelent
Community Relations specialist
Community Relations Specialist. (Former Employee), United StatesOctober 2, 2014
Pros: personal contacts with the affected.
Cons: extreme hours in the 84 hr work week
Disaster Recovery assistance is an emotional event, and the satisfaction of success balances the extreme hours needed to complete the process.
Typical day
Temporary Call Center Representative (Former Employee), North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great pay, great people, great atmosphere, great communication and management!!
Cons: contract position not a temp to hire
Working at FEMA is great!!!! It's a government job, very easy, and if you like talking to people and helping them you will do fine here!!!
good job
Flowback /helper (Former Employee), TXSeptember 12, 2014
A long but very good day ,how to be a ledder and work my way up,they have very good management,good work place ,was working night ,good pay
fast-paced workplace
GIS Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: new computerrs and software
Cons: lifers
Generating large and small-scaled maps to management.
Accomplished every training goal for my position.
Management was always busy. One was often left to find solutions on one's own.
Co-workers were very competitive.
The hardest part was keeping all of the balls in the air.
The best part was knowing that your efforts made a difference.
Daily phone contact with disaster victims, assisting them in getting much needed help for reorganizing their lives.
Bilingual Human Services Specialist (Former Employee), San Juan, Puerto RicoAugust 31, 2014
Pros: harmony between staff members and excellent benefits
Developed and oversaw the Initial Disaster Assistance Registration Procedure that expedited the review and management of requests for disaster assistance.
Great job to work
DISASTER ASSISTANCE EMPLOYEE (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 14, 2014
Pros: helping others in need
Cons: not enough work ( no hurricane, no work)
The job is very demanding but rewarding. 10-12 hour day 7 days a week was a mental and physical challenging. The rewarding part was helping others in need.
attentive to details
Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 11, 2014
Pros: pros promotion and pay
Cons: cons you have to wake up very early
This position required me to supervise and monitor the removal of any tree debris of the disaster relief of hurricanes. I would drive to different location that was affective by the hurricane. Some of the affected areas were on school premises so it was vital to have a clean record. Once I arrived at to my location I proceed to tag and mark all the trees that I saw that was of hazard. The crew that I was in charge over would meet me at these locations and I would supervise all activity and removal of the debris, insuring all debris was properly removed. I had to accurately track and log with a handheld GPS all accordance’s. This insured that no fraudulent action would take place from my crew. It was also my obligation to write and distributing ticket for each debris removal. All tickets insured the worker would get payment for the work they provided.

1 2 3 4 5