FEMA

FEMA Employer Reviews

I absolutely loved working for FEMA!
Housing Advisor/Caseworker (Former Employee), Ocean Springs, MSJuly 14, 2014
Pros: health benefits, flexible hours
Cons: the assignment ended
Working for FEMA was a wonderful experience, I was able to assist my clients with a new residence, if needed. I like to make people feel special and appreciated.
FEMA is great
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), United StatesJune 23, 2014
Pros: flexible and on-call possible.
Cons: can be 24/7.
The companies which contract with FEMA are not always great. You have to ask around to find a good one. The one I was with was pretty good, but management was a bit lacking. Work/life can be obviously quite imbalanced during a disaster.
Amazing environment assisting Hurricane Sandy Victims
Business Objects Developer/Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2014
Serving for Dept of Homeland Security was an honor in this sandy relief project. i served as a developer and admin for daily tasks and saw first hand effects of hurricane sand. It was a fast paced environment with patient people
Productive and effective means of managing disaster releif
Logistics (Current Employee), Mountain View, CA/ Herndon, VA,/ Kansas City, MOMay 21, 2014
Working inside of FEMA was a boost in cultivating my professional skills. My days consisted of working for one or several of thier regional warehouses (region 7 &9). My job title was logistics operations and I loaded, unloaded, and distributed warehouse material to thier destinations. I also organized and inventoried most of the warehouse stock to keep – more... up to date and organized for more material to come in. My co-workers were always friendly and willing to assist me in any way possible.But the most enjoyable part of the job was working insode of an organization where your work impacts peoples every day lives. – less
Excellent field experience
HM Hazard Performance Analyst/HM 406 Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 15, 2014
Pros: experiencing various places in the country while deployed.
Cons: not having any specific sens of home while deployed.
Working with FEMA is an excellent experience for an architect to get a strong sense of the damage caused by extreme weather. Working in hazard mitigation gives the professional the ability to recommend effect ways of making building and civil structures more resilient to future disasters.
Montired debris truck loads for Escambia County
Debris Manager (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 9, 2014
This was a great job also due to the oppurtunities to help my community after a disaster. I learned a lot about the layout of the city, but meeting the people and hearig their stories was the best. Knowing I was apart of helping people put their lives back together and get back to normal was very gratifying.
Fulfilling
Temporary positions following relocation (Former Employee), Denton TXApril 29, 2014
Pros: helping others in need.
Serving others and relizing just how blessed you are.

Satisfied going home knowing you helped someone that day.

Busy and Productive.
Calm
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Hyattsville, MDApril 28, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Cons: unstructured
Very stressful in my everyday schedule. The management team was not on one accord. Best part about being with the company was being constantly around computers.
Great job for those who want to help others.
Certified Home Inspector (Former Employee), United StatesApril 24, 2014
Pros: helping others, making a difference.
Cons: its seasonal
Helping victims of natural disasters recover and from losses due to the disaster.
FEMA
Human Service Specialist (Former Employee), orlando flApril 24, 2014
• Answer all incoming calls in helpline service for disaster victims
• Input new registrations into FEMA database
• Investigate duplicate applications
• Update applicants applications
Assisting clients in need
FEMA Housing Inspector (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 21, 2014
Pros: travel, meet all kinds of people, and helping others
Cons: long hours some times
Meet with clients , preparing to assist them to recieve housing assistance.
When disaster calls
Reservist Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 1, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: being away from family for long periods of time.
As a reservist we get called out when disasters hit. The experience is unlike anything most people will ever imagine. You usually go to a disaster shortly after it happens.

As an Operations specialist I work closely with the Operations Chief and usually the FCO. I get to over see the full disaster. People in other sections only see what their section – more... is doing, but operations staff usually see the complete picture. It is a wonderful learning element. – less
Deployment with FEMA DR 4145
LEP/ACN (Former Employee), Centennial, COMarch 19, 2014
Pros: good salary, great work culture
Cons: being away from family for a long period of time
As LEP/ACN Centennial, Colorado DR 4145

Research demographic and disaster latest situation. Research disaster awareness to assist the staff and the community. Travel long hours between Joint Field Operations Building and the assigned field. Coordinate with External Affairs Program Liaison as directed.

Hardest part of the job is being away from my – more... family.
The most enjoyable part was working on behalf of the staff that is highly dedicated to disaster survivors.

Co-workers focus on the mission of the agency who work long hours daily to assist survivors their families, their business, and their city. – less
Dont recommend it
GIS Technician (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 13, 2014
The job was not fulfilling. Sat around and watched TV the majority of the day, unless something popped up for us to do...
great company
Call Representative (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAFebruary 20, 2014
call center representative assisting customers and crisis counseling.
Class was great..
Student (Former Employee), PCC Cascade CampusFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: all good stuff..
Cons: a bit boring.
A good learning tool, understanding Emergency procedures in a time of need.
Management was very poor
Admin Assistance(payroll) (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSFebruary 19, 2014
Was hire as a temp employee and was treated very by the HR Manager.
Developed and enhanced several applicions. Installed equipment, tested network connections
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Kansas City, MoFebruary 17, 2014
Customer support is the main goal, keeping people connected and working in a fast pace environment, supporting disaster recovery for the 4 state region.
assist resident how to received disaster assitance from the federal government
DSA- Disater Survivor Assistance (Former Employee), Washington DCFebruary 4, 2014
I enjoyed what i am doing by helping people. It is a blessing for me whenever you help someone in their time of need
good group of people to work with.
Armed Guard / Top Secret Clearance (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 29, 2014
good job with a good company. pay was great but moved back home to Tenn. to retire and work a part time job.

1 2 3 4 5