Fender Musical Instruments Corporation

Fender Musical Instruments Corporation Employer Reviews

Good Company
Cost Manager/Division Controller (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 18, 2013
Pros: great brand
Cons: poor company culture
New management destroyed company culture
Great manufacturing facilities
great experts
It is a wonderful place to work with a be who you are attitude.
International sales rep (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 28, 2013
Pros: hour lunches to relax and enjoy the outside patio.
Cons: the travel time to get to work.
I start my day early entering orders placed via email. Keep track of Distributors products that are ready to ship and inform each when they are ready to ship. Send shipping documents to distributors when containers have left factories. Track monthly quotas and budgets for all assigned distributors.

Management is fair and provide a fun and enjoyable – more... experience at work.

The hardest part of my job would be the crunch time at the end of each month to make budget, yet this is also the most enjoyable time to know that I have worked well with my team to get make it happen. – less
Confusing and Stagnet
Senior Planner Specialty Products and Accessories (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 4, 2013
Pros: people and manager
Cons: lack of supply chain to direct supply chain and it's impacts to product managers
Unwilling to change and lack of real feedback as to performance.
Review
Current employee (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 7, 2012
Pros: some of the good people haven't left yet
Cons: extremely poor management. poor pay. no incentives. toxic culture.
After a top level management change in 2010, the company began a meteoric decline. More hours. No company matching to the 401k. Benefits were cut. Several new VP's who were hired from the CEO's former company don't contribute to productivity, but rather impede same. The company recently moved to a shiny new building, yet somehow we wound-up with 30% – more... less space per person. Most of our tech (R&D, IT, etc) interns left when their wages were cut to the legal minimum, The cronyism at the upper levels is palpable: we got 1% raises and they got 10's of thousands of shares of stock options (long time employees got an email telling us we were welcome to buy as much stock as we wanted - as long as we were willing to pay full price).

It's hard to suck all the fun out of a guitar company, but Fender has managed to do so. Don't walk, RUN screaming from this place! – less