Fender Musical Instruments Corporation

Fender Musical Instruments Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

n/a
distribution (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 2, 2015
my job was steady i knew what to do everyday i unloaded and loaded trailers i drove forklift and sitdown forklift the co workers were helpful
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
n/a
A productive and fufilling place to work with lots of creative people.
District Sales Manager - Sales (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 25, 2015
A wonderful work atmosphere with the best in the Music Industry for guidance and direction. The product is fantastic, but what really makes the company great is the people who are so passionate about all of the details that make the brand what it is today.
my job was really cool.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 28, 2015
My typical day at work was to clock in at 5:00.am do exercise with all my co-workers, and right away i need it too start doing cycle count because before 7:00 a.m needed to present my report to the QA. I learn a lot, my supervisor show me how to work with excel and little by little i start learning by my self. My management was to have my head clear to do my job correctly, my co-workers were really nice to me because i always come in with a smile and do everything for them because i was there material handler they looked at as there leader. My hardest part of my job was when my supervisor would send me too his meeting and didn't have no clue what was going on. My most enjoyable part of my job was that i was always walking, fixing problems that i only know how to fix and going out to the other warehouse to take material to shipped out.
Productive, busy and fun environment
Consumer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 16, 2015
A typical day at Fender for me revolved around being the first point of contact for all consumers, everything from troubleshooting consumers issues, to qualifying and selling products that met consumers needs and helping coworkers with product information, and on the job training.

Management were very hands-off, you had a lot of expectations to meet and the management was great at inspiring confidence.
Pros
Fun work environment, learning on the job, team oriented
Great Company, Great Brand
Consumer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 22, 2015
I worked with excellent managers and fellow coworkers. Perfect mix of day to day camaraderie and consummate professionalism.
Pros
everything about the job, except...
Cons
... cubicle jobs are not for me.
confusing and frustrating. not as 'cool' as you would think.
Long term employee (Former Employee) –  BloomfieldMarch 29, 2015
don't be fooled by the iconic brand. when you boil it down, the few on top care nothing for the people below or the long term future of the company. in the Larry era, it's all about top management getting their cut and running.
Pros
great products rooted in the history of rock and roll
Cons
false culture, high management turnover, forgotten about roots
productive and fun place with ping pong table
Guitar Inspector/ Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day required a detailed eye for imperfections on any of the instruments I repaired, tuned, and inspected. I developed rapidly into a quick service repairman because of the demands of the lead supervisor who rejected to work on any guitar that wasn't a special order for an international recording artist endorsed by the company. the management neglected the importance of the equality in the workplace which made it harder on the actual workers to be productive. my co workers were like family and understood and valued each other's virtues, unfortunately that wasn't the case with the supervisors. the hardest part of the job was improvising with the lack of tools but it really taught me to work with what I had in front of me because I was being timed on my production and quality.
the most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to do what I loved which was work on guitars and make them feel high quality and ready to play for the buyer.
Pros
company parties
Cons
inequality
Great Corporate Culture, Undergoing Significant Positive Change
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 25, 2015
At Fender, my managers have been very good about creating open communication lines to ensure each employee is on the proper career path and is happy with their work. I am typically able to complete my own workload with ease and am constantly looking for more to do and learn. Fender has been great about giving me additional duties, responsibilities, and opportunities to help me grow.
Once a great company, now just a "job"
Channel Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Corona, CADecember 9, 2014
The first 10 years at Fender were great.

The last 4 years, I was looking for the exit.

High stress/low pay.

Management style is via intimidation and fear
Pros
working in the music indusdtry
Cons
every cliche about a terrible job is true at fender
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 16, 2014
The true spirit of rock and roll lives here, Really fun place to work at
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
commuting
exciting and interesting place to work
Sander/ production (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 3, 2014
work environment was good just co-workers really didn't participate as team members. Management was poor didn't know how to communicate with employees and a lot of favoritism but overall the work wise was fun because of the new things i learned about guitars and especially when working on one from someone famous.
Great brand name terrible company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale AZSeptember 1, 2014
I have worked in other positions with fenders management. If you want to be unhappy and insulted ... Go work there and make far below average money.
Pros
great brand name
Cons
management
workplace is unstable
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 28, 2014
in the begging when I started working there it was really good I got a lot of overtime but lately we being having a lot of workforce lay offs
benefits
Cons
unstable workforce
Great company with good benefits
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 22, 2014
Sanding and buffing guitars prepping them for paint. I learned no job is secure. Great management staff very fair. Hard working coworkers. Hardest part is dealing with drama at the job site.
Good people, miserable company
Master Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 7, 2014
This is a company that so desperately wants to believe it is the coolest place to work, it has no focus left for employee development. Excuses are made every year as to why employees can't have raises and company-wide promotions are frequently placed on hold for all employees, except for the magical few who grease the right palms. There are so many employees here with passion that is being wasted.
Pros
some good, passionate co-workers.
Cons
no advancement opportunities; resistance to change
productive and always busy
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 12, 2014
Enjoyed working at Fender. Great work environment and always having special events.
Former Employee
Prefer not to disclose (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 7, 2014
I do not care to write a complete review. My direct manager was great however not enough to keep me in an otherwise unfocused company. Its a top heavy organization with little accountability.
No coment at this time.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 10, 2014
Program guitars for production machinery, correct old programs, trouble shoot CNC machinery, design vacuum chucks, reverse engineer legacy guitars.
I learned how to use Solid Works and Master Cam there.
The co-workers have been great.
really good comany
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 26, 2013
company is very good to work for if you like to work and learn new skills
Good Company
Cost Manager/Division Controller (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 18, 2013
New management destroyed company culture
Great manufacturing facilities
great experts
Pros
great brand
Cons
poor company culture