Fenway Health Employee Reviews in United States

Rewarding experience
Lpn (Current Employee) –  South endJune 17, 2015
Working as a nurse for Fenway I enjoyed the support I received as a new Lpn. The schedule is great with no weekends or nights. I was able to continue my education and still work. The providers are very helpfully and easy to approach. I learned a lot from this facility and I am very grateful for the experience. You never feel alone because you always have someone to turn too.
Pros
Benefits are great.
Cons
No parking
Toxic Work Environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  South EndMay 1, 2015
I was hired as Licensed Practical Nurse at Fenway Health. Great providers, quality care, however,for an organization that prides itself in diversity and acceptance, I was SHOCKED at the toxic office environment I experienced! There was a huge culture of entitlement among veteran staff, and it was evident early on that newer staff were shunned. I was very excited about embarking on a long career at Fenway. Unfortunately, I was informed that 3 people in the 10 months had been FIRED just prior to the 90 day probationary period ending. Didn't want to be number 4! Fenway should promote from within, so current staff don't have to run to Managers and belittle coworkers behind their backs! And management/ HR needs to be upfront with new hires as to what expectations are early on, NOT indicate that it is a warm, supportive environment, and find reasons to give bad reviews/ terminate MA & Nursing staff because of " popularity contest!" Think before you accept the offer! NOT as good as it sounds!
Pros
Great providers, commitment to patients.
Cons
Toxic, " catty" environment.
Mission driven organization that cares for its employees as much as the community it serves.
administrative/ nonclinical staff (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 21, 2014
I've worked here for almost a year and a half. This is the first job I've had where I've loved most days. I can see myself working at Fenway for a very long time. I love that the the staff is reflective of the community it serves- it's an LGBT inclusive environment, with friendly staff. The biggest perk is definitely the benefits- low cost health insurance, free dental, discounts on lots of other things, and generous time off. Plus you can add a domestic partner to your insurance, no questions asked!

The health center is experiencing some of the typical growing pains that come with adding a lot of staff in a short period of time, but the management team seems to be open to suggestions for improving systems while keeping the community/ grassroots feeling going among the staff.
Pros
benefits package, diverse staff, inclusive environment.
Cons
would love to see more formal staff development and training opportunities.
Not as great as it sounds!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 6, 2014
When it comes to management it is disorganized and they won't give their employees raises.
Amazing;y comfortable environment
Character Designer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 12, 2013
Me and a team of animators created an animated commercial for the company. They were beyond gracious and thankful. This was a very rewarding experience.

Want to know more about Fenway Health?

Ask a question