Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.

Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employer Reviews

Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Front Royal, VAFebruary 27, 2015
Great company to work for with lots of advancement opportunities. However; expect to work long hours. Great benefits.
great company and great people.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Centerville, UtahFebruary 23, 2015
overall this was a great company to work for except when tooling to improve our profitability was not approved, the only reason for me leaving was a company restructure.
Starter job
Pricing Coordinator II (Former Employee), Newport News, VAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hard to get internal position once employed, stay in same position. only certain people get promoted.
Hard to get internal position once employed,,, stay in same position. Have decent working hours. Management needs training. The company was great for doing things for the community.
Good place
Lead Driver/Sales and customer service (Former Employee), indianapolis indianaFebruary 17, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Fergusons. They treated us well till the end. They kept you very busy but management did not look at the future of the company and that's why they had to close up
Demanding and Productive place of work
Configuration Analyst and Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Waco, TXFebruary 15, 2015
I was fortunate to gain the experience and understanding Ferguson had to offer. If you can succeed in the distribution world, you can succeed anywhere.
British owned company where 50+ work week is standard
Wholesale Store Manager (Former Employee), Addison, ILFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good training program
Cons: 50+ hour work week with weird overtime rules
company is run on the GOOD OLE BOY system. if your in with them all is good. when the company hits hard times they thin the heard by who they don't like not by who is the best trained and qualified to do the job. work 10 hour days but need to work the 5th day to get your overtime. they like to comp your time at their option not yours.
Good company.
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chico, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Ferguson was a good company to work for doing inside sales.

I would have enjoyed continuing to work in their online sales division but that was unfortunately stopped by a merger with an existing online company that did away with my job.
Sales plus manual labor
Management Trainee/Account Manager (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: decent pay and great benefits, work alot of hours
Cons: management and boring industry
not great sales trining and a lot of manual labor: unloading trucks, moving boxes and putting them away.
not a lot of cold calling
management is not very invested and are not honest with reviews.
Management is uncaring and favors certain employees.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2015
Deliver plumbing supplies to various contractors and business.
Management is uncaring and favors certain employees.
Drivers work until the supervisor tells us we are done for the day. It sometimes makes for a very long day, but the overtime is good.
Co-workers have been very helpful.
a typical day at work at Ferguson
Assistant Receiving Manager (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYFebruary 8, 2015
some days can very stressful and along with low manpower within the company. but on the other hand the union benefits are their.
AWFUL!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Richland, WAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hostile work environment, verbal abuse, constant public berating from management to include name calling and swearing, long hours, no recognition
A typical day starts at 8:00 with running reports, answering all unread emails, and completing a schedule and time clock review of all employees. All of this must be completed within the first hour of arriving, in addition to answering phones and walk in customers. Many days there is a conference call to participate or physical meeting to attend while employees from the floor come in to request supplies or schedule changes. This makes it very difficult to get any sort of work completed, but it can be done. However, the time frame is usually "right now" as opposed to an actual time frame.

The hardest part of the job is controlling your emotions while being yelled and swore at because of being overworked and unable to complete a report, or failing to add a comma to a sentence in the meeting minutes. There were many days where I personally wanted to turn around and walk out due to the stress and overwhelming desire to physical assault the person yelling until one day I finally walked out and never came back.

The Richland location is probably one of the worst locations to work at. The management make it difficult for employees to retain the training they receive due to the constant criticizing and at times yelling. This position is constantly being vacated due to people being unable to put up with the verbal abuse.

The best part of this job was probably the health insurance.
What I liked about my job
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Port Huron, MIJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: achieving results
Cons: falling short of monthly goals
Communicating with customers and various department personnel to achieve results and learning about the industry environment and how to multitask to effectively complete daily, weekly and monthly assignments
In the begining it was like working with family. Great !
Various Postions (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2015
Your typical day was fun, you were always busy, everyone helped everyone, one day a new GM took over and things changed.
Aweful
Warehouse Labor (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: high turnover, call ins, no positive feedback, always negative, etc
Big business is big business. You are too easy to be an expendable. Extremely high turn over, call ins
It is the opposite of what they teach you in training class. Not a good place to make a career.
GREAT COMPANY
Quotations Coordinator II (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Manage the flow of information and prioritization of formal Request for Quotations (RFQs) of commercial plumbing components for potential new construction and revitalization projects located in the Eastern Standard/Daylight Time (EST/EDT) zone of the United States.
Basic
Yard Sales (Former Employee), Nampa, IDJanuary 10, 2015
Basic company to work for.................................................................................
Not a place for growth
Asst. Warehouse Manger (Former Employee), McKinney, TXJanuary 7, 2015
IF your not coming from the college of companies choice It is hard to move up in the company. Any person outside the company has a harder time trying to get on or advance in the field. The over all of the company it's just a place to earn a check instill you find a position with more growth.
fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAJanuary 1, 2015
great place to stay with. I am moving to Orlando and would love to stay with ferguson.
My typical work day at Ferguson includes:
Operations Manager/ Counter Sales (Current Employee), Lutz, FLDecember 29, 2014
Pros: great pay, pto, benefits and insurance
Cons: commute
My day starts @ 6:30 a.m. and ends @ 5:00 p.m. A typical day includes fielding many phone calls from plumbers contractors and homeowners as well as front line service to all of the above because I am one of 2 counter sales contacts at our branch. My job includes the sales of plumbing supplies, repair parts, fixtures, faucets etc. to all of the above as well as upsell at any given opportunity. It is a numbers driven business and we are constantly pushed to keep our sales up and gross profit at a maximum. We also ship, receive and stock our own store which can be challenging at times because it is only a 3 person operation. The most rewarding part of my position is being able to help a plumber, homeowner solve their problem and know that they are satisfied and will return as a repeat customer. The most challenging part of my position is having so many responsibilities with a skeleton crew can get overwhelming at times, however days do go by fast with everything that transpires on any given day.
great people and great opportunities to advance
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSDecember 16, 2014
Pros: general mgr listened to me and went with my ideas many times
Cons: long hours.
I enjoyed my time at Ferguson but left to start a business. I began at 7am and worked to 6pm. The hardest part of the job was followup. I averaged 160 emails a day and working with Regional, Corporate and local associates was a challenge getting back to them in timely manner. I was considered the problem solver and when people couldn't figure out a process or procedure I was the go to guy.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.

Ferguson is a diverse wholesale distributor with operations spanning multiple business groups. The company is ranked by trade – Read more

Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Photos