Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.

Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Not the best of jobs
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 27, 2016
I was a picker for Ferguson in Roswell,Ga and this was one of the worst companies i ever worked for...... The management was awful,my supervisor yelled and cussed at the workers,and he often threatened our jobs if we did something he didn't like.I tried to go to human resource about him only to be told that they didn't have a human resource lol which is a lie.My co-workers were okay but it was alot of people complaining about pay and how unfair management treats them,and they were to scared to speak up for themselves.This company should stop hiring ex felons to be supervisors and if there going to do that then at least put them in some type of classes,but if your just looking for a check then thats exactly what this is....... i would not make it a long term place to work though.
benefits
Cons
pay, management, no advancement
Managers club,not much for employees
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 16, 2016
Loved my job and what I did. But company is too top heavy and pay's too much attention to sales. Sales are important but warehouse and counter sale are more important.
Pros
Good people to work with, good benefits
Cons
Advancement slim unless you know someone high up
Solid company with good direction, expect to work really hard and get paid accordingly. Starting at bottom is not great but better if a trainee
Counter Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 9, 2016
Good company with a solid direction, Management has a heart for those in the trainee programs and truly is like a family, The first few years will be rough especially if your at a satellite branch but that's just what it is starting out at the bottom of any company when your young and new. Pay is relative, it is not low and it is not high. You will be putting in roughly 50 hours a week making just under 45K a year but once you advance the opportunities will finally open up for you to push that 100k mark.
Pros
Culture, pay, advancement
Cons
Long hours, its a grind first few years esp if at a satelite branch.
Great Company
Office Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXFebruary 17, 2016
Great company with excellent training and advancement, management is fair and easy to speak to. Good benefits, and employee perks, ahead of the competition
Everything depends on your manager
eBusiness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 8, 2016
Your happiness at this job depends on your manager. Managers make all decisions for you (leaving early, using PTO, lunch break time, employee outings, etc.) I personally had a great manager so my work-life balance was great.
Pros
Long lunch breaks, good pay, good benefits, VirginPulse, high community involvement
Cons
Boring work
Enjoyable But Busy
In-School Suspension Instructor (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MODecember 4, 2015
I like working at FFSD. It has it pros and cons typical day at work be busy. Everyday is really busy and good for me cause I'm constantly being busy. You learn how to be more friendly and show less attitude.The management team is all some I love working with them and some go for my co-workers. I don't have a hard part of my job.The most enjoyable part for me is seeing the little kids and the infants have a smile on there face.
Pros
Nice Hours M-F 8:15--3:45
Cons
No Benefits
Somber work enviroment with a Cable TV in the lunch room. Vendors occasionally bringing in treats. On occasion the company would order pizza
Inside Sales Concierge (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 14, 2015
Early mornings and late aftenoons must be flexable. I quickly increased my call volume intake. Most employees are seasoned. You are either liked by the management AKA The Billionaires club or you're not regardless of work ethic. No enforcement of the company dress code. There seemed to be excessive favoritism within the company. There is really no "hard part" of the work. The hard part was dealing with dynamics of the company.
Overall the day consisted of mainly handling customer complaints, and rerouting calls.
Benefits
Cons
Dynamics
Productive workplace
Credit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 19, 2016
Well managed office environment offering positions which require the ability to multitask and communicate positive behavior in both a personal and professional manner.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
A lot of overtime required
Ferguson
operations (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 30, 2015
Very career oriented work environment. Great benefits. Most managers flexible with work/life balance. Co-workers were usually very friendly and helpful at work. I learned to take charge of my career and to own my ideas because of possibility of being taken advantage of.
Pros
Flexible schedule most of the time
Cons
Work requirements during bad weather
Good company to work for.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAJanuary 3, 2016
Delivered plumbing and bath supplies throughout north east Iowa. Got along with co-workers. Product was breakable so you needed to use a little extra care.
Pros
Benefits and management where good.

Want to know more about Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.?

Ask a question
Ferguson Careers
Senior eBusiness Manager (Former Employee) –  Goshen, NYJanuary 11, 2016
Ferguson offers many opportunities to advance in a growing company. The outlook is strong for this industry leader both short and long term.
Pros
Benefits beyond salary
Cons
Multiple owners of projects
The company itself is great to work for, but the local warehouse management leaves much to be desired.
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VANovember 2, 2015
Recently had a lay off due to opening a new warehouse in upstate NY. Great benefits and your co workers are great, but don't expect a very good working environment. Some management seem to think they can do what they want when they want.
Great people, great benefits, a sense of family, but too much Corporate influence now.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 21, 2015
I enjoyed what I did in Accounts Payable, but a central accounting office took over the responsibilities that I had. The people at my office were great and there was a sense of family there, but over the years, Corporate became too involved at the branch level. In my over 20+ years there, too many people lost their jobs at the end of the year. It became the norm to chop heads, which took its toll on the employees and the bosses. Too much interference from HQ.
Pros
Great people and benefits, bonuses most years
Cons
Corporate involvement changed the dynamics at the branch level, employees, even seasoned ones, became a number. Way too many layoffs each year.
Bad work place
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  pomona, caJune 24, 2015
I used to work here as a putaway driver and sometimes order picker. Theres a lot of drama and favoritism in the 2nd shift putaway department. I worked here for almost 2 years, fast paced, on my feet for 12 hours a days, always came to work and as one of their top 2 guys here out of 15 people in my department... I only received a $0.25 cent raised while everyone in my department got at least $1.00 raised. Its all about favoritism with management and how brown youre nose gets. Management is horrible here so many stuff went on that people should have gotten arrested if cops saw what was going on so with all the drama and stress that i endure in this place I was never the same person nor was my hair. I just regret wasting my life here, I truly do.
Pros
Cons
almost all of it
Dead end job, ineffective management
Lead Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 21, 2015
I was at Ferguson for just under 2 years and never had a chance to acquire any skills that would help me either move up within the company or skills that would help me in future jobs. The management didn't listen when I proposed ideas to help create a more enjoyable work environment and help streamline our processes. I was continually ignored when I voiced concerns over how our group was being treated compared to other groups. Management only cared about the numbers being entered and the bottom line. They never cared about my job skills or personal growth as an employee despite all of their half hearted attempts to make it look like they did. The work I was doing when I started as a temp was the same work I was doing almost 2 years later. The only thing that changed was that I was doing more of the work. The only thing I learned from Ferguson was that if you work for them do not make name for yourself and any "good will" you build up from going above and beyond every day without being asked does not matter when it comes to job security. They had numerous people leave for various reasons in my 2 years there and couldn't seem to attract any new employees. It is not a job worth taking in my opinion. I believe there are better options out there that have better benefits and better pay.
Pros
Flex time, dress code
Cons
Management, breaks, holidays, pay, skills training, work environment
Overall was a great place to work
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 17, 2016
Was able to work hard and be promoted to an executive level in my 21 years with the company. I learned a tremendous amount about managing projects and Human Resources. This was definitely a company that taught how to multi-task. The hardest part of the job was lack of communication from HQ to the field. The most enjoyable part of the position was hiring associates, and seeing them progress throughout their career. Unfortunately, a distinct change in leadership and direction, has the company scrambling. A bit of a rat race where everyone is worried about their job security.
Its unfortunate, as the company I started with 21 years ago, has changed - but not for the better. Work/Life balance is "talked about" - However is not encouraged, rather is frowned upon when time off is taken.
Pros
Great benefits, Great co-workers
Cons
Confused Communication from Leadership
Great environment for advancement and learning
Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXSeptember 29, 2015
Fast pace, well organized, clean environment. Good group of associates that accompanied me in the daily tasks of accomplishing the goals set for the day. Hard working, task oriented. Many opportunities for advancement and a great benefits program.
Pros
cookouts for spring
Cons
not enough of them
Must adapt to change
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCJuly 11, 2015
A typical day at work begin at 6:45 opening the store, logging into your computer, checking your daily tasks and or emails, and then waiting for your sales rep. or manager to give you a bid or estimate to be completed. I learned how to bid and estimate government, utility, and local municipality jobsites using the correct specifications and product. I also learned a lot about product knowledge, assemblies, how to work our computer database such as trilogie, shipping and receiving, and storing material. The hardest part of my job was unloading ductile iron pipe from flatbed trucks on a non paved surface. I enjoyed inventory, gaining new knowledge of products and materials and knowing exactly what their purpose was for, how they were to be assembled, and where they were to be stored.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
hands on training
Innovativeand creative company within the construction industry
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLAugust 7, 2016
Ferguson continues to add resources and solutions to the contractor customer base allowing the company to advance itself further away from it's competitors. Culturally Ferguson is founded on hard work and a competitive atmosphere which is present today throughout the organization. Work days can be very fast paced, which is rewarding to managers that hone their skills and resource utilization.
Pros
Personal relationships with customers and vendors
Cons
Plateaued compensation
Hectic
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 16, 2016
The work wasn't bad or the problem either were my co-workers. The way things were handled by management and the way they ran their operation was very unorganized at best. They treated their workers very poorly and could never figure out how things should be done. The lack of communication between departments was hard to deal with because it created a lot of confusion and prevented a efficient work flow. My coworkers were hard working and great people to be around, I just wish management had a better way of running things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Reviews by Location