Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.

Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Not bad at all
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: good trucks
Cons: early start
Early start, but not a bad job at all. People explain the job well and they work with you. Great pay starting off. I like that your out making deliveries all alone.
A challenging and rewarding experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), 504 Industrial Blvd Austin, TX 78745August 25, 2015
A typical day consists of answering phones, filing paperwork, counting the drawer(and taking it to the bank on Fridays).

I've learned excellent communication and service skills as well as how to manage inventory and keep track of the drawer.

My peers are the best part of my work. I enjoy the people I work with and they keep me driven to continue doing a great job.
ferguson
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAAugust 22, 2015
managment sucked there pople were not there to work they were just there to say stuff and yell at you and me being the youngest they alwasy picked on me and told me things all i wanted was a good job and peole and there at ferguson you wont find it
Great people, great benefits, a sense of family, but too much Corporate influence now.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Florence, SCAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Great people and benefits, bonuses most years
Cons: Corporate involvement changed the dynamics at the branch level, employees, even seasoned ones, became a number. Way too many layoffs each year.
I enjoyed what I did in Accounts Payable, but a central accounting office took over the responsibilities that I had. The people at my office were great and there was a sense of family there, but over the years, Corporate became too involved at the branch level. In my over 20+ years there, too many people lost their jobs at the end of the year. It became the norm to chop heads, which took its toll on the employees and the bosses. Too much interference from HQ.
time consuming, redundant work, repetitive motions all day, very arthritic motions....
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Hyden, KYAugust 19, 2015
Pros: lots of time alone in the cab....
Cons: long hrs and hot conditions of which i dont mind either
was a good company for what they do they are one of the leaders in reclaim work in eastern ky, dressing of the landscape for using of old coal land.......
Data Entry
Receptionist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work, would be great as far as the data entry we always get the job done. I always learn to make sure that sure the documents are always double checked and that all mistakes will be corrected. Co workers were okay we all worked in our own area,.
Warehouse
Order Picker (Former Employee), ontario, caAugust 13, 2015
The warehouse is hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Must be very strong and a hard worker to be successful. The breaks are short and hours are long.
Run while you can
Recieving Associate (Former Employee), Celina, OHAugust 12, 2015
poor management. Need to brown nose your way up the ladder. Tons of favortism. Poor incentive program and horrible raises. Need to learn how to treat people. The list goes on.
Great Company to work for, with Strong Values and Culture
District Manager, Finance and Credit (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2015
Company really support the goals of the employee by encouraging growth, training, and leadership. Strong culture, with a desire to continue to gain market share.
Putaway Driver
Putaways (Former Employee), Columbus OhioAugust 12, 2015
Cons: Work Environment
The management have to many favorites. You will never advance in this company unless you brown nose. It so unorganized in the warehouse. The warehouse manager has to many favorites that get by with alot. They don't have to follow the OSHA rules or even housekeeping. The company don't train you correctly at all. They give fake forklift license meaning you don't have to take a driver's test to operate one correctly. The forklifts go way too fast in warehouse someone going to get hurt in time also with a load they are moving forward not backward they can't see what they are doing at all. Very unsafe work environment. The management all they care about is money not the employees.
Productive & fun workplace
Accounts Receivable Coordinator IV (Current Employee), Newport News, VAAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Quarterly department and building activities.
Cons: Building temperature varies.
The work environment is friendly and active. The company cares about the health, wellness, and education of its employees. Ferguson offers paid college education through Thomas Nelson Community College for a B or better grade; as well as up to $500 each year for participating in Virgin Pulse.
Good place to work has pros and cons
e-Business Sales Manager (Ferguson Online) (Former Employee), Newport News, VaAugust 6, 2015
Ferguson Enterprises provides a diverse set of challenges each business day. Good place to work has pros and cons as any job does.
pretty cool to work at, learned a lot.
warehouse associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: working in the sun
take customers orders for pick up or deliveries.
learned how to operate forklifts.
management team was very nice.
co-workers always work as a team and help out when needed.
hardest part of the job was working in the sun.
most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things.
Excellent School District
Registrar/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Florissant, MOAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Co workers supportive, friendly, inservice training for support staff helpful
Cons: Meal choices, Snack Bar could be improved.
Excellent staff members thoughout the district with a mission and focus on student's AAA. (Academics, Achievement, Attitude). "It's all about our students".
Good warehouse/ Delivery driver position.
CDL- A/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 4, 2015
Pros: lots of over time.
Cons: nothing really.
I enjoyed the job here a lot. I was a delivery driver and a forklift operator. I got to load my own truck with my forklift and then make my delivery's. fun job for me.
Laid back
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Laid back
Cons: management
Unorganized. The training is too fast and very little support from lead members. Leads mainly chatted about workers performance within earshot.
Like working with fellow piers
Driver (Former Employee), Albert Lea, MNJuly 25, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
was a good environment and I liked what I did.
I liked coworkers.
worst part was dealing with another coworker in a different store!
I liked the freedom when I was out on the road.
Must adapt to change
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Hope Mills, NCJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: hands on training
A typical day at work begin at 6:45 opening the store, logging into your computer, checking your daily tasks and or emails, and then waiting for your sales rep. or manager to give you a bid or estimate to be completed. I learned how to bid and estimate government, utility, and local municipality jobsites using the correct specifications and product. I also learned a lot about product knowledge, assemblies, how to work our computer database such as trilogie, shipping and receiving, and storing material. The hardest part of my job was unloading ductile iron pipe from flatbed trucks on a non paved surface. I enjoyed inventory, gaining new knowledge of products and materials and knowing exactly what their purpose was for, how they were to be assembled, and where they were to be stored.
Unless you're a sales agent, don't work here
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Was able to pay the bills for 1 year
Cons: Absolutely no work life balance
Unless you're a sales agent, don't work here. I was in warehousing and had absolutely no family life for 1 miserable year. Remember, sales agents never make mistakes, only warehouse workers. I worked from 6:00 am until 11:00 pm on most days, Mon-Friday. Being salaried, I was nothing more than a slave. The Branch Manager made the culture at the branch very miserable. He had a business degree and that's it. I wish I could have my lost year back. Never again.
Productive place
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TnJuly 9, 2015
My job was to deliver appliances and pumping supplies to different subdivisions and company's across Tn, and Ga. Load and unload, and sometimes place in site.
Headquarters