Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Hectic
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 16, 2016
The work wasn't bad or the problem either were my co-workers. The way things were handled by management and the way they ran their operation was very unorganized at best. They treated their workers very poorly and could never figure out how things should be done. The lack of communication between departments was hard to deal with because it created a lot of confusion and prevented a efficient work flow. My coworkers were hard working and great people to be around, I just wish management had a better way of running things
ferguson mira loma
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJuly 2, 2016
this place is a joke, they say they promote from with in the company so you work hard and get no were manager brings in family members neighbors with absolutely no experience and they get all the good jobs. its impossible to move up! this place is a slave ship work work and nothing else. this place needs all new management who actually have education and training in this line of work.
Pros
nothing!
Cons
you will eventually end up suing the place!
Good old boys
Sales Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2016
When I was placed in the Ferguson management training program, I was promised a fast track into outside sales. After several months of working in a warehouse I was informed that there was a log jam at the sales position and that I might be tapped to do something else. As I found out, this was not uncommon. You basically will work as a cashier for up to a year before you can advance into any type of productive role. You will also be required to work two Saturday shifts a month.
dont go near this company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILApril 28, 2016
if you're of African American or latino heritage,the office jobs and any advancement opportunities are not made available to you,mid to upper management only sees ONE color for advancement-WHITE,and that is a bloody shame because they have many promising candidates in their company right now,if they could only get past the race issue
Pros
great people to work along side in thr warehouse
Cons
mid-management needs a serious shakeup
Absolutely nothing positive about this company
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  MaspethApril 27, 2016
As a former employee working for 8 plus years
I can honestly say the management team is uncaring group of individuals that are dishonest and say anything to their own gain.
They have big heads and really don't show any care.
Work till you drop is their attitude and
I finally had enough!,
Find another opportunity for the long haul!,
High School for Adults
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 30, 2016
Ferguson itself is a good company however it's the management staff that makes the company impossible. The management staff at Ferguson's National Sales Center in Hampton, VA are like high school jocks. They only promote people that are just like them. If you are not sleeping with upper management then there isn't a need to apply for a promotion because you will be discouraged from applying. They will find a way to disqualify you from interviewing and will block you from attempting to transfer to another Ferguson location. All jobs they list are already spoken for, they just post them as a technicality. They will only hire college recruits or directly from a temp service so they don't have to pay you your worth. Employee appreciation consist of hot dogs and chips.
Pros
Cons
Management; Work hard and underpaid; Lack of opportunities;
Overall not a good place to work
Office Floater (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 20, 2016
Management is horrible. The work and your co-workers is what makes this place. I witnessed harrassment, violence, negligence, and unsafe environment from management. This was all swept under the rug. There is no appreciation for how hard employees work and there motto is mouth shut head down
Pros
Workers and job
Cons
Management and pay
great company best culture ever
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 18, 2016
Prior to Ferguson I had work at J&J, DEC, HPQ
This was the best company I have overall worked for. Although I have made more money elsewhere, the culture, sales orientated,customer service focus , and depth in management.

Down to earth people that make a difference!
Pros
culture, ability to show value added, ability to advance
Cons
work hard, play hard tough on families
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2016
Ferguson is a great company to work for. While working there I met alot of great people with the best attitudes and work ethic. They made me a better person as a whole. While I was in Florida the work ethic of the guys was great, we came in, and put an overall hardworking effort to get the job done. Usually we could finish a job within 8-9 hours. As I moved on to transferring to the Texas branch of Ferguson, I saw work ethic decrease. There seemed to be little motivation as to getting the job done as a unit, but more as of one person pulling all the weight.
Overall was a great place to work
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 17, 2016
Was able to work hard and be promoted to an executive level in my 21 years with the company. I learned a tremendous amount about managing projects and Human Resources. This was definitely a company that taught how to multi-task. The hardest part of the job was lack of communication from HQ to the field. The most enjoyable part of the position was hiring associates, and seeing them progress throughout their career. Unfortunately, a distinct change in leadership and direction, has the company scrambling. A bit of a rat race where everyone is worried about their job security.
Its unfortunate, as the company I started with 21 years ago, has changed - but not for the better. Work/Life balance is "talked about" - However is not encouraged, rather is frowned upon when time off is taken.
Pros
Great benefits, Great co-workers
Cons
Confused Communication from Leadership
If you enjoy Plumbing, this is the place to be
Counter Sales/Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 3, 2016
****Friendly Co-workers
****Great customers
****Best part of the day.... my interactions with co-workers and customers.
****The hardest part of the job would be the struggle of working on a very dated computer system.
Pros
health care, pay, the work in general
Cons
difficult to take days off although it is a benefit
ferguson
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Doraville, GAApril 27, 2016
easy work, but the people you work for and work with makes the job hard. makes you not even want to come into work. You have some good days and some bad days. I understand the HVAC division is fairly new, but somethings have to change. Our warehouse is very much over stocked and the employees are very unhappy.
Pros
great pay
Cons
terrible people and working environment
Great co-workers, not much upware mobility
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 8, 2016
The strength of the IT operations group at Ferguson is in the engineers. There are a lot of pros for working for Ferguson. Good pay, good benefits, good people.

The cons are mostly limited to a lack of defined strategy at the top level in IT and the lack of upward mobility.
Great Ideas, Questionable Execution
Retail/Wholesale Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2016
I really enjoyed my time with this company, I was granted opportunities to climb when my performance deserved it. A very positive attitude was maintained and the overall crew and management were terrific! That being said, the corporate officers have some issues implementing their honestly not bad, grand plans for expansion.
Not the best of jobs
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 27, 2016
I was a picker for Ferguson in Roswell,Ga and this was one of the worst companies i ever worked for...... The management was awful,my supervisor yelled and cussed at the workers,and he often threatened our jobs if we did something he didn't like.I tried to go to human resource about him only to be told that they didn't have a human resource lol which is a lie.My co-workers were okay but it was alot of people complaining about pay and how unfair management treats them,and they were to scared to speak up for themselves.This company should stop hiring ex felons to be supervisors and if there going to do that then at least put them in some type of classes,but if your just looking for a check then thats exactly what this is....... i would not make it a long term place to work though.
benefits
Cons
pay, management, no advancement
Overall a great company to work for
Associate (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 16, 2016
Ferguson has a great structure and overall provides a great environment.

Best part of my job is the people I work with.

Management is somewhat involved and ready to make a an impact.
Pros
colleagues, clients
Cons
branch level management is not really involved with the big picture.
productive, well meaning
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 20, 2016
warehouse manager, ensure inventory is correct, keep driver making deliver in a timely manner. pulling orders, waiting on customer at counter, receive and ship assets to different branches.
Pros
people
Cons
long hours, no team work
Solid company with good direction, expect to work really hard and get paid accordingly. Starting at bottom is not great but better if a trainee
Counter Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 9, 2016
Good company with a solid direction, Management has a heart for those in the trainee programs and truly is like a family, The first few years will be rough especially if your at a satellite branch but that's just what it is starting out at the bottom of any company when your young and new. Pay is relative, it is not low and it is not high. You will be putting in roughly 50 hours a week making just under 45K a year but once you advance the opportunities will finally open up for you to push that 100k mark.
Pros
Culture, pay, advancement
Cons
Long hours, its a grind first few years esp if at a satelite branch.
Managers club,not much for employees
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 16, 2016
Loved my job and what I did. But company is too top heavy and pay's too much attention to sales. Sales are important but warehouse and counter sale are more important.
Pros
Good people to work with, good benefits
Cons
Advancement slim unless you know someone high up
not a good fit
Management / Sales Trainee (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJune 9, 2016
productive day
learned how HVAC works
management were not truthful
difficult to work with
listening to the conversation of my co-workers
learning how to do the job myself
Pros
self motivation
Cons
difficult staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Reviews by Location