Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.

Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Like working with fellow piers
Driver (Former Employee), Albert Lea, MNJuly 25, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
was a good environment and I liked what I did.
I liked coworkers.
worst part was dealing with another coworker in a different store!
I liked the freedom when I was out on the road.
Must adapt to change
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Hope Mills, NCJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: hands on training
A typical day at work begin at 6:45 opening the store, logging into your computer, checking your daily tasks and or emails, and then waiting for your sales rep. or manager to give you a bid or estimate to be completed. I learned how to bid and estimate government, utility, and local municipality jobsites using the correct specifications and product. I also learned a lot about product knowledge, assemblies, how to work our computer database such as trilogie, shipping and receiving, and storing material. The hardest part of my job was unloading ductile iron pipe from flatbed trucks on a non paved surface. I enjoyed inventory, gaining new knowledge of products and materials and knowing exactly what their purpose was for, how they were to be assembled, and where they were to be stored.
Unless you're a sales agent, don't work here
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Was able to pay the bills for 1 year
Cons: Absolutely no work life balance
Unless you're a sales agent, don't work here. I was in warehousing and had absolutely no family life for 1 miserable year. Remember, sales agents never make mistakes, only warehouse workers. I worked from 6:00 am until 11:00 pm on most days, Mon-Friday. Being salaried, I was nothing more than a slave. The Branch Manager made the culture at the branch very miserable. He had a business degree and that's it. I wish I could have my lost year back. Never again.
Productive place
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TnJuly 9, 2015
My job was to deliver appliances and pumping supplies to different subdivisions and company's across Tn, and Ga. Load and unload, and sometimes place in site.
great company to work for.
Driver/ Counter (Former Employee), Upland, CAJuly 8, 2015
The work enviroment was awesome. I was lucky to be able to work for such a great company and to be surrounded by the greatest people. When you have a great team around you, it makes your job so much easier. When working for ferguson I was also going to school working on my degree. Their were so understanding and worked around my school schedule to make my life easier and for that, i will always be greatful to them.
Best Place I have worked
SUPPORT HELP DESK ANALYST (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 5, 2015
unlimited amout of growth potential
great co workers
upper managment is very interavctive with the support staff
Best placed i have worked since getting out of the army
Fine place of emplyment
Estimator/CAD Draftsman/Quotations (Current Employee), Pineville, NCJuly 1, 2015
Ferguson as a whole is a fine company. the overall company is run in a professional manner. thus explains how Ferguson was able to grow and take on more of the market share in a shrinking economy.
However, my position was shifted to TX as part of a company re-organization.
productive
Crane Operator (Current Employee), West Chester, OHJune 27, 2015
Pros: OT
Cons: there was some downtime
Ferguson was a great company to work for I am leaving because my wife moved to NY to care for a family, otherwise I would continue my employment
Bad work place
forklift operator (Former Employee), pomona, caJune 24, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: almost all of it
I used to work here as a putaway driver and sometimes order picker. Theres a lot of drama and favoritism in the 2nd shift putaway department. I worked here for almost 2 years, fast paced, on my feet for 12 hours a days, always came to work and as one of their top 2 guys here out of 15 people in my department... I only received a $0.25 cent raised while everyone in my department got at least $1.00 raised. Its all about favoritism with management and how brown youre nose gets. Management is horrible here so many stuff went on that people should have gotten arrested if cops saw what was going on so with all the drama and stress that i endure in this place I was never the same person nor was my hair. I just regret wasting my life here, I truly do.
Great Company to work for
Inside Sales-Outside Sales (Former Employee), Richmond, KYJune 24, 2015
Pros: paid vacation and good benifiets
I learned a lot working at Ferguson, that had good employee and great benefits. I would work there again in a heart beat. I enjoyed meeting the customers and being able to help them, solve problems.
good job to workfor
Power Jack Order Picker (Former Employee), McGregor, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: benfits
Cons: bad management
i good place to work i learn new thing everyday . the management had problem with abusing there authorities. like the employe there .the hardest thing work for the company was working for then 14 hrs.
The overall culture there was great
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Bonuses, Christmas Parties
Cons: Very selective with advancement
I really enjoyed my time at Ferguson corporate office. All the staff I worked with or encountered were good people. They really looked out for me in my time of need and I will be forever greatful.
PRODUCTIVE
Packer (Former Employee), Front Royal, VAJune 11, 2015
WORKING ONE DAY ARRIVE ON TIME , READY TOOLS HAVE MY JOB AND START MY JOB, LEARNED TO WORK WITH A GROUP OF PEOPLE WILLING TO GIVE THEIR BEST TO MAKE A GOOD PRODUCTION METHODS, THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS TO STAND 8 OR MORE HOURS BUT THE BEST WAS WHEN WE MANAGED GOALS
Shipping Clerk
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJune 10, 2015
Typical day as a shipping clerk, shipping lead assign a work plan. You'll go over to your work area and merge as many products of that branch store in a single pallets.

Management is not that great, a lot of favoritism in that company because they tend to only hire within the company up.
Its a wonderful place for couples and new homeowners can come and decorate there dream home!
Showroom Coordinator (Current Employee), Chantilly vaJune 10, 2015
Pros: benefits, 401k paid days off 2 weeks vacation after a year, paid sick leave, and parties
Cons: disfunctional location, no room for growth, favoritism, no simpathy for clients and customers, the worse reviews on the site.
I enjoy working at ferguson, You definetly have your flaws with the company, but what job don't you have that at! I just don't like the way things go about with the company. To many managers want to be the employees friends. Its a work environment and fair is fair. Don't just have someone working for your company for over 5 years and everytime a position comes open you always go for someone who isn't even well qualified. My personal experience they show favoritism and I was just looking for a long term career, were I was going to grow and have the company grow all together. Im always a person who work to the best of my ability. I am a fast learner. I did things so well and quick that I was assisgned other people work who have been there for over 2 to 3 years now. Ferguson is a company for people who get looked over for there hardwork and those who do everything including telling unnecessary things at a work place were those who moved up. People whom did they work stayed to there self and did what there job requirements consist of are moving nowhere.
A place to learn and grow
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 8, 2015
Pros: great healthcare, good bonus
Cons: long days
Great place to work, I had a wonderful boss. I was there everyday at 6:45am to open up shop. I receive goods, and prepared my guys for the coming day. Setting up UPS and Fed Ex and processing and pulling any motor freight orders. I managed about 25 people, and always found something for them to do. Inventory management was the only part of the job I found challenging, but I am good at it. At the end of the day, when all was complete. I could leave knowing our customer were going to be satisfied.
Wonderful place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 2, 2015
Awesome people, great company, the staff and bosses are amazing, the customers are always fun. Just an overall wonderful place to work.
Drive buses
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Florissant, MOJune 2, 2015
No benefits and not enough hours.
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.
Good Company, must be willing to relocate
NSC Sales Management Trainee (Current Employee), Newport News, VAMay 30, 2015
Good Company, good people, must be willing to relocate to be successful in the company. A lot of young people, especially at the Sales Center.
Daily
Receptionist/Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: compensation, full time, health insurance, 401K, PTO
Cons: high stress
Very busy high volume of customer walk-ins, phone calls and appointments, along with many diverse administrative tasks. I did learn more computer applications such as CRM Outlook, Trilogy, and Word applications. My co-workers were great and I worked hard at creating a positive atmosphere for all co-workers that came by or I worked close to along with all the customers I came in contact with. The most challenging part of my job was completing tasks while handling the intake of calls and customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling a sense of security and acquiring a repetitive sense of flow. I love longevity on a job and feeling like part of a family.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.

Ferguson is a diverse wholesale distributor with operations spanning multiple business groups. The company is ranked by trade – Read more

Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Salaries