Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.

Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Super hard work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 27, 2016
Horrible work environment. Bad communications with the employees.. they dont care if you have family. If you dont mind working 15 hours days then this is the job for you
productive, well meaning
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 20, 2016
warehouse manager, ensure inventory is correct, keep driver making deliver in a timely manner. pulling orders, waiting on customer at counter, receive and ship assets to different branches.
Pros
people
Cons
long hours, no team work
A nice place to learn about plumbing
Warehouse/Receiving Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39215May 10, 2016
Ferguson is a nice place to work. You'll learn a lot about different pipes and fittings. If you want to learn about plumbing, Ferguson is a good place to be.
Working in Charlottesville
Credit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 6, 2016
Management was the worst. They did not assist you in trying to advance in the company management that was. They did not support you at all.
Better opportunities out there
Sales Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 5, 2016
A typical work day is very routine by day, fair amount of problem solving in various situation, minimum ten hour days. Uncomfortable office culture, unprofessional, low boundaries between employees, harassment between employees - sometimes employees and clients, marital affairs within the workplace, alcohol at the desks of employees. They generally hire good people, but the lack of respect and structure made the cultural and moral very low. Industry training was sufficient, service training was above average, but leadership and development training was very poor. Managers did not have the skill set or respect to affectively coach behavior or areas of opportunity.
Pros
Hardworking peers, discounts on product, hardworking culture, industry specific training/service training was very dense
Cons
working weekends, promotions take a lot of patience, pay increases and commission are very low compared to other industries, uncomfortable favoritism and relationships within the branch, minimal leadership within the management team at branch levels, only driving mentality to manage - no motivation, inspiration, or ability to assess and help to correct areas of opportunity, very average sales opportunity that will capitalize on hardworking young demographic, unprofessional culture
dont go near this company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILApril 28, 2016
if you're of African American or latino heritage,the office jobs and any advancement opportunities are not made available to you,mid to upper management only sees ONE color for advancement-WHITE,and that is a bloody shame because they have many promising candidates in their company right now,if they could only get past the race issue
Pros
great people to work along side in thr warehouse
Cons
mid-management needs a serious shakeup
ferguson
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Doraville, GAApril 27, 2016
easy work, but the people you work for and work with makes the job hard. makes you not even want to come into work. You have some good days and some bad days. I understand the HVAC division is fairly new, but somethings have to change. Our warehouse is very much over stocked and the employees are very unhappy.
Pros
great pay
Cons
terrible people and working environment
Absolutely nothing positive about this company
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  MaspethApril 27, 2016
As a former employee working for 8 plus years
I can honestly say the management team is uncaring group of individuals that are dishonest and say anything to their own gain.
They have big heads and really don't show any care.
Work till you drop is their attitude and
I finally had enough!,
Find another opportunity for the long haul!,
A good compamny
Driver (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAApril 25, 2016
Working for Ferguson was fun and great for my type of work that I enjoy doing. Work was efficient and direct. Some problems were the people I've delivered to but that's to be expected.
great company best culture ever
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 18, 2016
Prior to Ferguson I had work at J&J, DEC, HPQ
This was the best company I have overall worked for. Although I have made more money elsewhere, the culture, sales orientated,customer service focus , and depth in management.

Down to earth people that make a difference!
Pros
culture, ability to show value added, ability to advance
Cons
work hard, play hard tough on families
Employee satisfying enviroment
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 29, 2016
Company cater to their employees to make sure they are satisfied with there work environment.

Great place for growth, lots of expanding opportunities
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2016
Ferguson is a great company to work for. While working there I met alot of great people with the best attitudes and work ethic. They made me a better person as a whole. While I was in Florida the work ethic of the guys was great, we came in, and put an overall hardworking effort to get the job done. Usually we could finish a job within 8-9 hours. As I moved on to transferring to the Texas branch of Ferguson, I saw work ethic decrease. There seemed to be little motivation as to getting the job done as a unit, but more as of one person pulling all the weight.
Good people to work with. Enjoyable work Culture
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 16, 2016
Good people to work with. Enjoyable work Culture. Occasional 14 hour days but didn't feel alone everyone worked. Felt apart of the team.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Managers club,not much for employees
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 16, 2016
Loved my job and what I did. But company is too top heavy and pay's too much attention to sales. Sales are important but warehouse and counter sale are more important.
Pros
Good people to work with, good benefits
Cons
Advancement slim unless you know someone high up
Overall a great company to work for
Associate (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 16, 2016
Ferguson has a great structure and overall provides a great environment.

Best part of my job is the people I work with.

Management is somewhat involved and ready to make a an impact.
Pros
colleagues, clients
Cons
branch level management is not really involved with the big picture.
Great Ideas, Questionable Execution
Retail/Wholesale Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2016
I really enjoyed my time with this company, I was granted opportunities to climb when my performance deserved it. A very positive attitude was maintained and the overall crew and management were terrific! That being said, the corporate officers have some issues implementing their honestly not bad, grand plans for expansion.
Campus Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 3, 2016
I gained a lot of experience through out my career at Ferguson Enterprises. There management trainee program is not notch! Great company with room for advancement.
Overall Day
Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Purchase underground water pipe and utilities for 7 branches of Ferguson Waterworks. Work closely with vendors, sales departments and customers. Created and maintained main purchasing database
Can be unorganized and dont have it all together
Supply chain management/Warehousing (Current Employee) –  Coxsackie, NYFebruary 25, 2016
new place so lots of kinks to work out but been going on for a long time now, some good managers and others not as good, company is very strict with corporateness
Wonderful place to work
Command Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAFebruary 23, 2016
i love everything about my job, from the people to the enviornment and team effort. Very flexible and a great atmosphere.