Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Top Distributors for Industrial and Commercial Equipment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 26, 2017
A typical day at work would include face to face interaction with customers, while interacting over the phone with purchasing developers to coordinate sales orders. I have learned to communicate within the Ferguson culture and how each account is
handled differently. Managing each account takes time to learn, as well as the communication with the account. Following each step of the sales process carefully leads to a successful sale and client based relationship. Difficulties in this position are managing 45+ accounts between six employees, this requires optimum communication between each employee. This creates great chemistry throughout the sales process, not only for the sales team, but more importantly for the customer.
big company
Operations/Sales (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 25, 2017
got to work with people in the trade, learn new things, how big companies work. also helped owners make fixture selections
a lot of great benefits, medical,DD, 401K
Good Luck
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 21, 2017
The hours are long and your job requirements change by the minute. If you like dealing with a lot of managers than this is the place for you, there seems to be more managers than regular associates.
Customer Service was the priority
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 21, 2017
Ran 4 different warehouses where we moved from older facilities to brand new facilities. Fun and challenging everyday. Great teamwork environment with adequate training and support needed to perform all duties.
Great company on local level
Lead Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 20, 2017
Very good company to work for on local level. Local staff was very competent. Very effective and put the customer first in everything they did. Great relationships.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Lack of acknowledgement for work done
Great place to work if you like the "I" in team
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 19, 2017
Where I worked I was the one who did all the work, the other warehouse guy was more interested in the internet and eating food 5 times a day than working. Vacation time is only earned once a month, when I was hired I was told I would be earning vacation time right away but couldn't use it for 90 days no biggie but vacation time didn't start till after my 90 and after 6 months I barely had 8 hours the place is full of empty promises and lazy employees. My co worker was so lazy I would be on my lunch and a truck would show up and he would expect me to get off lunch and unload the truck even if I just started lunch. And management did nothing and didn't care. Run don't walk away from this place as fast as you can.
Pros
Cons
Health care is expensive for what you get, lack there of vacation time, no management
Enjoyable organization with lots of potential for advancement
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington StateApril 18, 2017
As a part-time warehouse associate at Ferguson, I had the opportunity to learn a lot about the business model. The branch that I was at was an enjoyable place to work and I learned a lot while I was there. Ferguson is a company that will give you as much as you put into it. If you are willing to work hard and can prove yourself to be successful, there will always be opportunities to advance in a career (particularly in sales). It is a fast paced environment and the work days can be hectic on someways and slow on others.
Pros
Career advancement potential
Cons
Relocation might be required
Good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 17, 2017
Overall decent company to work for. Corporate offices are a little behind the times in terms of dress code and appearance standards. Benefits are decent but too many restrictions on pto usage.
Research Grant Winner
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 16, 2017
This was one of the best experiences of my life. It was a real honor being selected and completing community work that I was passionate about. This company is great!
Good Job
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2017
Somewhere you can work where you won't be expected to do more than your role. You can do your job and that's enough. Good pay, decent management, and room for growth.

Want to know more about Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.?

Ask a question
Ferguson Enterprise
Returns Lead (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 10, 2017
A typical day at work would be coming in at 4am under my own supervision. Cleaning up the returns department due to lack of proper warehouse etiquette. Identifying any returned material that isn't/wasn't labeled by persons receiving the material. Sorting through and checking quality of material to determine if items are in selling condition. Writing up customer credit entries. Creating receiving worksheets to get ready for product to be put back in stock. Restocking the materials that are sellable. I learned a whole bunch of skills and had many cross training opportunities. However the workplace culture was sometimes unprofessional. Pay was always a discussion, there was a lot of unsanitary actions, with not a lot of seriousness, and too much talking. Everything seemed unsupervised a lot of the time.
Pros
Freedom. Own pace working. A lot of cross training opportunities.
Cons
Hardly an increase pay with increased workloads.
had fun while it lasted
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 6, 2017
i would go back if allowed, it was a great job with great job placement , one of the best jobs hands down that i have evre worked for in my entire life.....
Oregon top 100 Retailer producing 1M+ in yearly gross revenue.
Lead Receiving Clerk/ Asst. Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 5, 2017
Loved the job at the Cedarville Inn. Turn key operation, both in Management, Operations, Book keeping and accounting. Quikly
Advanced running and being accountable for company assets,
Very fast work enviroment
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  McGregor, TXApril 5, 2017
a typical day at work would include but not limited to working on an order picker scanning products in and out. we also ,used electric pallet jack, the hardest part of the job is when ur in your 90 day probation period and your on a point system .
Nice place to work
Warehouse - Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHApril 4, 2017
Ferguson Enterprises in Defiance Ohio is a nice place to work with good management, compensation and employees. The warehouse is a clean safe environment.
Warehouse Associate-Interim Receiving Lead (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXApril 4, 2017
lack of training, no support for older workers. Younger worker/trainees zip through with little or no credentials to complete the assignment. Quite frankly, I was training kids to do what I actually wanted to do.
Pros
Cons
empty promises
Delivery driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 3, 2017
My job was load trucks and pick orders and deliver plumming supplies to contractors,regular residents with no help then repeat agian.State wide untill deliveries was done. Warehouse manager did not know his or my job , plenty of mistakes that you will have to correct on your own from this place. The best part is the driving and plenty of it. The bad part is it's a good old boy system do what they say or your fired.For no reason or what ever they say you did wrong .I would not recommend this job to anyone in this area unless you like being treated wrong or being abused.
Pros
WEEK ENDS OFF, SOMETIMES FREE LUNCH.
Cons
SHORT BREAKS, NO LUNCH BREAKS EAT WHILE DRIVING, LOTS OF OVERTIME
Not a bad place to work
Route Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 3, 2017
I've been working there over 2 years now . It's not a bad place to work for me the work is not hard at all. Like any other job it can be annoying at times, but you can get over it. The only major downfall is the pay. As a driver with 21years experience I feel that a class A driver should be compensated more if you want me to do class A driving. You can be the best employee at the branch but when it comes to performance raises LOL. Once I found out that temps coming in that I had to train where making more than me I was done.
Pros
Care free relax enviroment
Cons
Pay and benifits
Very unprofessional company.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 3, 2017
Management only likes puppets under them.
If I made positive changes which made profits go up, management would take all credit. If management made mistakes, it was blamed on staff members.
Pros
It was a job.
Cons
Long hours. Employees would quit and never replaced.
Not good.Pushed out because of injury
Shippimg clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA DC321April 3, 2017
Spent almost nine yrs. as shipping clerk @dc321 and when i returned after major injury my job was no longer the same, expected me to work out on the dock handling sm. & lg. boxes. Also move pallets. I was treated with no regard to my ability's do so as dr. had put me on light duty. Four weeks later I. was unfortunately no longer able to tolerate. the demeanimg atitude I Received from managers & supervisors and retired from the company. I would say great place to work, just dont expect any concern from in them in regard to your well being. They decide if you stay or go
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Bad managers. Play.God

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Reviews by Location