Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.

Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Accounts Payable Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 6, 2016
This is an excellent company to work for. They treat their associates very well. Shared Services has a work hard, play hard approach to work.
Company would have fund raisers.
Associate (Former Employee) –  McGregor, TXFebruary 6, 2016
Typical day was stressful. Warehouse policies. Management and some associates were at times unprofessional and Management did nothing. If you were in the click you would have special treatment.
Pros
pay
Cons
management not knowing what is going on, speical attention for favorites
Good company great customer service
Showroom Sales and Administration (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJanuary 27, 2016
Sell products in the showroom, answer calls, help customers, fix problems. Help salespeople with their orders, keep track of deliveries and payments.
Not the best of jobs
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 27, 2016
I was a picker for Ferguson in Roswell,Ga and this was one of the worst companies i ever worked for...... The management was awful,my supervisor yelled and cussed at the workers,and he often threatened our jobs if we did something he didn't like.I tried to go to human resource about him only to be told that they didn't have a human resource lol which is a lie.My co-workers were okay but it was alot of people complaining about pay and how unfair management treats them,and they were to scared to speak up for themselves.This company should stop hiring ex felons to be supervisors and if there going to do that then at least put them in some type of classes,but if your just looking for a check then thats exactly what this is....... i would not make it a long term place to work though.
benefits
Cons
pay, management, no advancement
A great place to work
Regional Appliance Division Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 20, 2016
Lots of opportunities with Ferguson. I was the Appliance Department Development Manager but also dabbled in plumbing fixtures, lighting and door and cabinet hardware.
got to meet new people
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2016
At ferguson we sold plumbing supplies. We has to make deliveries to some of our big accounts. Overall it was a good place to work.
Ferguson Careers
Senior eBusiness Manager (Former Employee) –  Goshen, NYJanuary 11, 2016
Ferguson offers many opportunities to advance in a growing company. The outlook is strong for this industry leader both short and long term.
Pros
Benefits beyond salary
Cons
Multiple owners of projects
Solid company with good direction, expect to work really hard and get paid accordingly. Starting at bottom is not great but better if a trainee
Counter Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 9, 2016
Good company with a solid direction, Management has a heart for those in the trainee programs and truly is like a family, The first few years will be rough especially if your at a satellite branch but that's just what it is starting out at the bottom of any company when your young and new. Pay is relative, it is not low and it is not high. You will be putting in roughly 50 hours a week making just under 45K a year but once you advance the opportunities will finally open up for you to push that 100k mark.
Pros
Culture, pay, advancement
Cons
Long hours, its a grind first few years esp if at a satelite branch.
Everything depends on your manager
eBusiness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 8, 2016
Your happiness at this job depends on your manager. Managers make all decisions for you (leaving early, using PTO, lunch break time, employee outings, etc.) I personally had a great manager so my work-life balance was great.
Pros
Long lunch breaks, good pay, good benefits, VirginPulse, high community involvement
Cons
Boring work
Favorite Employer
accounts receivable (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 7, 2016
I love this job and the atmosphere. Great environment. No stress and very laid back. It was mainly data entry and it was a team effort when working. I left due to a family medical illness/emergency and have not been able to be rehired due to it being a very tight business with very rare openings.
Pros
Schedule, Coworkers
Productive And Fast Paced Work Place
Shipping Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 5, 2016
I would always recommend this Company to anyone looking for growth.
I came in as a Yard Person and this Job has allowed me to grow on a continuous basis since my employment begin.
Ferguson Enterprises offers not only a great place for employees but it also offers you an extended family.
Good Job with benifits
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 5, 2016
A day a Ferguson was fun the co-workers I enjoyed we all helped one another we worked hard it was demanding work some long days .I worked for Ferguson in Asheville NC my last 2 yrs and it was very unstable management. The workplace was not diverse it was hard to cope there.
Good company to work for.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAJanuary 3, 2016
Delivered plumbing and bath supplies throughout north east Iowa. Got along with co-workers. Product was breakable so you needed to use a little extra care.
Pros
Benefits and management where good.
Treat Employees Extremely Fair
Warehouse Associate I (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IADecember 23, 2015
I have never worked with a company as fair with everything as Ferguson. They treat you with respect and answer any questions you may have to the best of their ability and if they do not know the answer, they will find someone that does know the answer.
Excellence in growth
TELECOMMUNICATION ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 21, 2015
Ferguson Enterprises was a great place to grow in your field, willing to assist you with education internally and externally. Great co worker communication.
Pros
Co Workers readily available to assist in growing with the company.
Cons
distance from home made it hard to have family time.
Good
Sales/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Bank, NJDecember 20, 2015
This was a Great job however the construction industry wasn't going to last as the economy was not doing well. I was laid off with many others and I the Dodge Reports were finally sold. So there are no more opportunities.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Market
Enjoyable But Busy
In-School Suspension Instructor (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MODecember 4, 2015
I like working at FFSD. It has it pros and cons typical day at work be busy. Everyday is really busy and good for me cause I'm constantly being busy. You learn how to be more friendly and show less attitude.The management team is all some I love working with them and some go for my co-workers. I don't have a hard part of my job.The most enjoyable part for me is seeing the little kids and the infants have a smile on there face.
Pros
Nice Hours M-F 8:15--3:45
Cons
No Benefits
Ferguson
operations (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 30, 2015
Very career oriented work environment. Great benefits. Most managers flexible with work/life balance. Co-workers were usually very friendly and helpful at work. I learned to take charge of my career and to own my ideas because of possibility of being taken advantage of.
Pros
Flexible schedule most of the time
Cons
Work requirements during bad weather
Something new everyday.
Showroom Consultant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 23, 2015
I enjoyed working for Ferguson Enterprise because it wasn't a desk job. There was always something new to learn or something new provide to customers. The environment was ideal because I got along with everyone and my coworkers trusted me to get the job done in a timely manner.

I was let go due to slow economic progression.
Very Good Employer
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2015
I liked working for Ferguson Enterprises because they were very good at growing and developing their employees. They also believe in organic growth.