Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.

Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Management is not open to ideas from subordinates
Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 12, 2017
I would not recommend Ferguson for anyone that wants to be permitted to utilize the experience and knowledge they bring to the table.
Overall rating 4/5 Good People
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 11, 2017
*Great people to work with
*Hard work pays off
*Great management
*Long hours
*Social environment
*Promotes within
*Since of accomplishment
*New life long friends
great starter job
Lead Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 11, 2017
the company is a great starter position. The job didn't allow for much advancement. It seemed like i became stagnant in the job. So it was time to cut ties and move on
good co workers, horrible management
driver and untold warehousing (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAJanuary 10, 2017
co-workers and job were good themselves however the management was young and didn't know what he was doing nor how to handle alot of situations. they start out nice but once your sick or have military too much even if you have notes and tell them before hired they will still throw a tempure tantrum like a 4 year old. i have one she is more mature then the management and then all the sudden literally everything you do they're up your butt about.
Pros
okay money good warehouse people
Cons
literally everything else
Hornet's nest
Showroom Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Co-workers ready to back stab you in an instant if it will advance their position and make you look bad. If you weren't one of the district manager's "guys", then you just didn't count.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Bad culture
Productive and fun place to work. If I had a chance I would work here again.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sunset Park, NYJanuary 2, 2017
I like working at this company because I was rarely bored, there was always something to be done. From driving forklifts and lifting pipe I was always busy.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great benefits
Credit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 31, 2016
Never experience a slow workday, always busy with phone calls, emails, paperwork, visits from co-workers/customers.
I work with great people. The hardest part of my job is there aren't enough hours in the day.
Great place for non-agressive salesmen
Industrial Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 28, 2016
High emphasis on commercial and residential customers, however we missed about 3 million dollars worth of industrial sales opportunities due to a lack of sales team support by our local branch manager.
Pros
Excellent data base and inter-branch operating systems
Cons
Not ready for prime time industrial sales market penetration
good working enviroment
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2016
Waking up to go to work in my department its a very cool place to work for good environment. the people here are very friendly and caring loving. i learned a lot from this place i started as a cherry picker to forklift certified to an operation coordinator. a lot to learn in this industry in this company. The hard is part of the job i actually do i have anything to add. The most enjoyable part of my job is to help other in my work environment & others.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
30 min break
Under acknowledged, and under compensated.
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 13, 2016
This company has taught me so much in the few years that I have been here. However, I have been promised many things and have no been compensated from the long, stressful hours I put in. There are departments within this company that offer much more, but unfortunately, my department is not one of them. I continue to be let down regardless of the hard work and dedication I display on a daily basis.
Pros
Benefits, 401K
Cons
Compensation, long hours
Most depressing place to work in Richmond!
Professional Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 13, 2016
Between lack of management competence, serious employee respect issues, and encouraging laziness and trifling behavior, The GM, the WM, and OM are raging narcissistic hemorrhoids who drink themselves to sleep every night, and the employees get blamed for their faults. The drivers are treated like children, while the warehouse employees are treated like gods. No one is held accountable except the drivers. Don't waste your time working for Ferguson. They are a joke and aren't going to be around long.
Pros
Free lunches when GM has a good day.
Cons
Dirty, terrible, depressing place to work
production work good place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSDecember 12, 2016
it is a clean place to work, the management staff was good at helping when need there help, all my co-workers were willing to lend you a helping hand if you ask for help.
Wonderful Company
Internship (Former Employee) –  Newport NewsDecember 1, 2016
Great company that cares about their employees. They are the number 1 in their field and provide advancement opportunities if you are willing to work.
Warehouse was fun
Quotations Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MD 20705November 28, 2016
Warehouse was fun have to have knowledge of WMS scanning know how to work a forklift Ramen order picker you have to know how to load and unload trucks you have to know how to stock it on stock items from shelving's
Pros
401(k) and benefits
Cons
401(k) and benefits
Coworkers were okay
Surplus Receiver (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 22, 2016
Typical day at work was to receive product back in from warehouses. If it was in decent shape would put back on shelf and do required paperwork. Product that was not good. You would take a picture of it and put on an outgoing pallet to be destroyed. When days were slow in this dept, would have to get on a forklift or reach truck and help collect product for shipping out or unload docked semis. Work was okay. There is a lot of heavy product.

Management was not real friendly. They did have their favorites. Not much room for advancement. When things get slow they would lay employees off. Most days if we had to work overtime, management would come out at the last minute to tell you that you are staying over. It got to a point that they would tell us at the beginning of the week to expect to work over everyday. Which was not always true. You could never plan on doing anything outside of work.

Pay and benefits were good.
Pros
Company would have grill outs and treat the employees to this.
Cons
Little notice of working overtime
Decent place to work!
Commercial Estimator & Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WANovember 20, 2016
Management seemed to have their own agenda. Loved the people I worked with.
I learned how to be a leader and what it took to help the people around me succeed.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Too many hours with no gratitiude
Productive work place and they had a pool table and ping pong table and a television in the break room
Packer (Former Employee) –  Frostproof, FLNovember 18, 2016
When you clocked in, you did your stretches and had a little overview of what the day looked like and then you went to work. I liked it because you were always busy so the day went by very fast.
Pros
lunches for employees
Cons
lunches were not long enough
Productive and Hard working
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 15, 2016
It is a fine place to work. Great deal of growth. Processes are fine. Salary is decent enough. People are hard working and have a great deal of character.
Got along good with my supervisor and co-workers
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXNovember 14, 2016
I think the manager at the time could have done a better job. my supervisor & co-workers were real good about helping me learn different aspects of the job.
very poor
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  port charlotteNovember 9, 2016
my experience as a qualified driver was very poor . this company does not take care of the vehicles or thier drivers!.management is very out of touch with what is required of a cdl driver in todays world! highly dont reccomend this job to experienced drivers at all after talking with corporate found even that level of mgt to be non responsive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.