Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.

Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Better opportunities out there
Sales Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 5, 2016
A typical work day is very routine by day, fair amount of problem solving in various situation, minimum ten hour days. Uncomfortable office culture, unprofessional, low boundaries between employees, harassment between employees - sometimes employees and clients, marital affairs within the workplace, alcohol at the desks of employees. They generally hire good people, but the lack of respect and structure made the cultural and moral very low. Industry training was sufficient, service training was above average, but leadership and development training was very poor. Managers did not have the skill set or respect to affectively coach behavior or areas of opportunity.
Pros
Hardworking peers, discounts on product, hardworking culture, industry specific training/service training was very dense
Cons
working weekends, promotions take a lot of patience, pay increases and commission are very low compared to other industries, uncomfortable favoritism and relationships within the branch, minimal leadership within the management team at branch levels, only driving mentality to manage - no motivation, inspiration, or ability to assess and help to correct areas of opportunity, very average sales opportunity that will capitalize on hardworking young demographic, unprofessional culture
dont go near this company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILApril 28, 2016
if you're of African American or latino heritage,the office jobs and any advancement opportunities are not made available to you,mid to upper management only sees ONE color for advancement-WHITE,and that is a bloody shame because they have many promising candidates in their company right now,if they could only get past the race issue
Pros
great people to work along side in thr warehouse
Cons
mid-management needs a serious shakeup
ferguson
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Doraville, GAApril 27, 2016
easy work, but the people you work for and work with makes the job hard. makes you not even want to come into work. You have some good days and some bad days. I understand the HVAC division is fairly new, but somethings have to change. Our warehouse is very much over stocked and the employees are very unhappy.
Pros
great pay
Cons
terrible people and working environment
Absolutely nothing positive about this company
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  MaspethApril 27, 2016
As a former employee working for 8 plus years
I can honestly say the management team is uncaring group of individuals that are dishonest and say anything to their own gain.
They have big heads and really don't show any care.
Work till you drop is their attitude and
I finally had enough!,
Find another opportunity for the long haul!,
A good compamny
Driver (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAApril 25, 2016
Working for Ferguson was fun and great for my type of work that I enjoy doing. Work was efficient and direct. Some problems were the people I've delivered to but that's to be expected.
great company best culture ever
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 18, 2016
Prior to Ferguson I had work at J&J, DEC, HPQ
This was the best company I have overall worked for. Although I have made more money elsewhere, the culture, sales orientated,customer service focus , and depth in management.

Down to earth people that make a difference!
Pros
culture, ability to show value added, ability to advance
Cons
work hard, play hard tough on families
Employee satisfying enviroment
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 29, 2016
Company cater to their employees to make sure they are satisfied with there work environment.

Great place for growth, lots of expanding opportunities
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2016
Ferguson is a great company to work for. While working there I met alot of great people with the best attitudes and work ethic. They made me a better person as a whole. While I was in Florida the work ethic of the guys was great, we came in, and put an overall hardworking effort to get the job done. Usually we could finish a job within 8-9 hours. As I moved on to transferring to the Texas branch of Ferguson, I saw work ethic decrease. There seemed to be little motivation as to getting the job done as a unit, but more as of one person pulling all the weight.
Good people to work with. Enjoyable work Culture
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 16, 2016
Good people to work with. Enjoyable work Culture. Occasional 14 hour days but didn't feel alone everyone worked. Felt apart of the team.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Managers club,not much for employees
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 16, 2016
Loved my job and what I did. But company is too top heavy and pay's too much attention to sales. Sales are important but warehouse and counter sale are more important.
Pros
Good people to work with, good benefits
Cons
Advancement slim unless you know someone high up
Overall a great company to work for
Associate (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 16, 2016
Ferguson has a great structure and overall provides a great environment.

Best part of my job is the people I work with.

Management is somewhat involved and ready to make a an impact.
Pros
colleagues, clients
Cons
branch level management is not really involved with the big picture.
Great Ideas, Questionable Execution
Retail/Wholesale Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2016
I really enjoyed my time with this company, I was granted opportunities to climb when my performance deserved it. A very positive attitude was maintained and the overall crew and management were terrific! That being said, the corporate officers have some issues implementing their honestly not bad, grand plans for expansion.
Campus Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 3, 2016
I gained a lot of experience through out my career at Ferguson Enterprises. There management trainee program is not notch! Great company with room for advancement.
Overall Day
Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Purchase underground water pipe and utilities for 7 branches of Ferguson Waterworks. Work closely with vendors, sales departments and customers. Created and maintained main purchasing database
Can be unorganized and dont have it all together
Supply chain management/Warehousing (Current Employee) –  Coxsackie, NYFebruary 25, 2016
new place so lots of kinks to work out but been going on for a long time now, some good managers and others not as good, company is very strict with corporateness
Wonderful place to work
Command Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAFebruary 23, 2016
i love everything about my job, from the people to the enviornment and team effort. Very flexible and a great atmosphere.
Productive workplace
Credit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 19, 2016
Well managed office environment offering positions which require the ability to multitask and communicate positive behavior in both a personal and professional manner.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
A lot of overtime required
Great Company
Office Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXFebruary 17, 2016
Great company with excellent training and advancement, management is fair and easy to speak to. Good benefits, and employee perks, ahead of the competition
productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 15, 2016
gain a lot of experience working with plumbing materials and how to install them in applicable places. I learned a lot working at this company
Pros
gain alot of experience
Ferguson Enterprise
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 13, 2016
Support Management treats their employees unfairly. Support Management do not prompt with-in the teams. Assistance Mangers are very inexperience with no interpersonal skills. Assistance managers evaluate your skills and work performance based on someone else views, likes or dislikes about you and not their own views. Assistance Managers have no clue on their employees' worth to the company. Upper management tell the Assistance Managers How to think, talk and agree. Assistance manager can not disagree with upper management or they will be demoted to a lower level. Managers or Assistance managers barley speak to you. The assistance manager perform all of the administrative work for their managers instead of being on the floor with there team members. Assistance mangers gives a performance review, this is a joke. they take the team member off the floor into a room and tell them all the things they are doing wrong, they never catch the team member dong anything right.

The pay is horrible. Training is horrible. Moral is horrible.

Your work ethics and loyalty to the company mean nothing to the support desktop management team. Your voice is not heard when you send any communication to upper management regarding Management.
Pros
Great Company as a whole
Cons
Front Line Support Team needs improvement